OtakuBoards

The DailyOtaku

Desbreko

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]You all know far, far too much...

Crystia, be aware, I'm coming for you first. :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]*trips Gavin at a crucial moment...Opps!* :p

Anyway... Fun stuff Des, poor OtakuBoards will never be free of the hidden plots and conspiracies! Secret meetings, torches, wearing hoods... That just made me laugh. Hehe. Anyway... Now we just need a good scandal for the next article! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=navy][size=1][font=georgia]Hahaha.

Des, I remembered you could write, but I forgot how well it was. This is a great way to come back, reading your antics. Er I mean the the Otaku Daily's antics. Great job, great job!

I can't belive you brought up the Newbie Lounge. That was such a crazy time. So much spam, so much arguments, so much fun. I miss the good ol' days. *tear*

Keep it up!!
[/color][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Now that is just ****ing strange. For me to come back and read this. And it was only posted last month! I can't explain why I came back, damnation! Then again, I haven't been back long enough to see how different this place has become. Although I have noted a lot of reminiscing.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Ravenstorture'][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Now that is just ****ing strange. For me to come back and read this. And it was only posted last month! I can't explain why I came back, damnation! Then again, I haven't been back long enough to see how different this place has become. Although I have noted a lot of reminiscing.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]This is almost as hauntingly coincidental as me seeing the Newt himself reactivating recently. I guess we all just have time now?

I have to say though Desbreakfast, I'm old [I'm not even sure how long ago] but I do know my previous posting quality is rubbish and would certainly appreciate if that shame remained buried. Though I'm certain it was lost all long ago on the shift to the V3. Ha.

The reason why there is an uprising is simply because those of us that dwell in the shadows do not appreciate being reminded that we too were preteens with an internet connection...[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Oh no, blast my unobservant nature! Des, you have been aware of our insidious plan for months now! I call for arms! Old members unite; we attack at noon regardless of the time zone! Wield your exclamation points frequently and without mercy! Freedom!!!!!

Oh, and by the way Desbreko, weren’t you the one that brought the cookies to the “Let us take back the OB by the most violent means necessary” meeting last month?

Really though, this article was hilarious. [/color]

• 4 months later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]Hehe. :catgirl: What a hilarious thread, even if I don't fully understand some of it. I found the first article and the one on spoiler tags and the last one the most amusing. XD

[SIZE="1"][I]*wonders if she would be deemed a newbie*[/I][/SIZE] =P[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][I]*wonders if she would be deemed a newbie*[/I][/SIZE] =P[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Nah Sabrina, even if you've only been around two months, you're definitely one of us.

On a sidenote, Des get off your highly overworked behind and post a new story here. Seriously, six months without a Daily Otaku ?! It's just not on.[/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
[size=1]
The DailyOtaku iss.7
Sunday, June 29, 2008
[/size]

[center][size=3][b]OB Vigilantes Enforce Tough Love[/b][/size][/center]
This morning the OtakuBoards staff woke up to a surprise, finding a bruised and unconscious Gavin tied, gagged and handcuffed to a lamp post outside the OtakuBoards Staff forum gates. On his back was taped an unmarked manila envelope which staff say contained incriminating evidence tying him to the underground movement NAPS?the anti-Noob Alliance for Purging the System.

Violence against new members rose sharply in recent months and has been attributed to this organization, which seeks to remove so-called noobs from OtakuBoards and seize control of the administration. Until now NAPS's members had remained elusive, striking in an instant and then fading seamlessly into the site's regular member base before staff could react. Site Director James issued a statement today saying that Gavin's detainment should strike a blow to NAPS, as he appears to have been one of the organization's ringleaders, but that members should continue to be watchful.

James did not comment on how Gavin ended up in front of the staff forum; the Lounge, however, was abuzz with rumors. Sabrina reported seeing two figures moving swiftly through the shadows in the direction of Gavin's residence near the Theater as she departed late last night from James's production, The Von Braun Odyssey. "They looked suspicious," she said, "but I wasn't going to follow them." Others recalled seeing Gavin's residence vandalized the day before with the silhouette of a house enclosed in the outline of a heart, drawn in red lipstick across the front door. Odder still, many in that area reported being woken up in the night by the B-52's song Love Shack blaring out across the forum.

"I think a pair of superheroes have appeared on OtakuBoards," Aceburner said when asked about the incidents. "Wait, hear me out. Everybody knew Gavin was up to something but the mods couldn't prove it. I think a couple members took matters into their own hands." Could there really be masked heroes fighting back against the evil organization NAPS? Many members have already accepted the theory. Allamorph even built his own signal, a la the Bat-Signal, based on the mark drawn on Gavin's door. "I call it the Love Shack Signal," he said, but wouldn't comment on whether it was a personal project or supported by staff funds.

Superhero expert Shy, who ran the popular event The Legionnaires, remains unconvinced. "It doesn't add up," he said. "A guy can't just put on tights and stroll into a high security place like Gavin's. He's not into that kind of thing." Certainly, it would be difficult for any member to break in but not impossible for staff.

Everybody had one answer for who on the staff could be the Love Birds, as members have come to call the supposed superheroes. "If you're looking for a couple on the staff it has to be SunfallE and Rachmaninoff," said Raiha. "They're on top each other as much as they are the spam." No senior staff would comment on this speculation, though Indi laughed uncontrollably for three minutes when asked.

The staff are still investigating these events and have not yet issued any statements regarding the Love Birds. But, however it happened, the removal of a high ranking NAPS member is sure to make the threads of OtakuBoards safer.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Desbreko']No senior staff would comment on this speculation, though Indi laughed uncontrollably for three minutes when asked.[/quote]I did that for real when I read this by the way. To the point that I had tears running down my face. Hehehehehe.

This entire entry for The DailyOtaku is pure genius Dessy. :catgirl:

[I][SIZE="1"]*snickers some more*[/SIZE][/I] [/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]This is outrageous! Just another example of the corrupt and out-of-control gestapo that the OB staff has become in recent years.

A man is beaten nearly to death by two hormonally-driven lunatics, and the first thing the staff does is [I]arrest[/I] him? This is ridiculous. Where are Gavin's rights as a long-standing resident of this forum? This "evidence" was no doubt obtained through an illegal search-and-seizure, which we as residents are protected against by the landmark ruling of [I]thimoc v. H-bomb.[/I]

Not to [i]mention[/i] that vigilanteism (colloquially known as "Backseat Moderating") is illegal anyway, and the brutal methods of the "Lovebirds" would be far from being a justified response even if they were government-sanctioned.

I hope the rest of the community is incensed by this, and I will be [i]personally[/i] spearheading Gavin's legal defense.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]*Returns from Wal-Mart HQ surrounded by armed goons*

Wow, seems hiring that body double was a good idea after all. Now to just go burn down the Love Shack, or worse, buy it and turn it into another Wal-Mart with a few dozen Starbucks to compliment it's evil. Oh, and please, don't worry about the body-double he'll be fine, covered by our company health insurance...Oh wait...*Laughs*[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Not to [i]mention[/i'] that vigilanteism (colloquially known as "Backseat Moderating") is illegal anyway....[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Given that both suspects are moderators already, how is backseat modding possible? Seems to me like a simple over-extension of professional reach.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Given that both suspects are moderators already, how is backseat modding possible? Seems to me like a simple over-extension of professional reach.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The key word there is "suspects." Innocent until proven guilty. Or at least that's how it [I]used[/I] to be before this oppressive regime!

Although I would still argue that a mod can backseat mod if they're trying to mod an area that they don't usually mod, like say [I]Gavin's private property![/I]

... mod. [/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Although I would still argue that a mod can backseat mod if they're trying to mod an area that they don't usually mod, like say [I]Gavin's private property![/I'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, like [I][COLOR=DarkRed]Sandy[/COLOR][/I] was going to do anything. And [COLOR=DarkRed]Ezekiel[/COLOR] seems to be good at keeping her mouth shut. I might have thought about taking action if I'd ever felt threatened . . . but that would only support you, wouldn't it? =P

Although, If you wanna take your claims up with [COLOR=DarkRed]SunfallE[/COLOR], be my guest. She drove a semi for a living. I think she could take you.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Oh, like [I][COLOR=DarkRed]Sandy[/COLOR][/I] was going to do anything. And [COLOR=DarkRed]Ezekiel[/COLOR] seems to be good at keeping her mouth shut. I might have thought about taking action if I'd ever felt threatened . . . but that would only support you, wouldn't it? =P[/quote]

[color=deeppink]That's not the point. Whether or not the mods decided to act, the point is that Gavin has [I]rights[/I]! And today, those rights were clearly trampled on. It's a travesty.

Citizens are not mods, and mods do not have the right to beat and kidnap innocent people in their own homes![/color]

[quote]Although, If you wanna take your claims up with [COLOR=DarkRed]SunfallE[/COLOR], be my guest. She drove a semi for a living. I think she could take you.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Typical Gestapo intimidation tactics. Your threats don't scare me, [I]comrade.[/I][/color]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]I think you'll find that, by merely reporting this incident, there will be an alarming increase in copy-cat vigilantism. The board should fear revenge attacks and "counter terrorism" exercises in the near future.

Are these truly dark days on the internet, where people put on a false guise and masquerade anonymously without fear of justice?

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Typical Gestapo intimidation tactics. Your threats don't scare me, [I]comrade.[/I][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]This is another one of those times where the proposed legislation for more protection against the strong-arm games played by the establishment will be stuck down.

Our only recourse is to roll over and play dead. Besides that, Gavin can't act independently without my permission unless he's gone on holiday. We have an agreement. Once a month he can be naughty, but he he has to report to me.[/FONT][/COLOR]

And here I was thinking it was cool to see that this thread had been posted in again. XP Well Gavin getting [strike]beaten[/strike] nailed was. He's had free reign as an Antediluvian for far too long on the boards. =P

Anyway, I'd try to deny this but it sounds like people already think that Beth and I are guilty. XP So instead I'll just go and bang my head on my desk some more. [quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And it's become quite obvious that the Love Shack joke is here to stay. I don't remember signing any documents saying you could quote me, though.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Aceburner, you joined the fanclub, by doing so, you gave Des full rights to quote and humiliate you whenever he feels like it. So, you're out of luck pal.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]*falls out of her chair laughing and nearly passes out* XD

Oh my hell! I can't recall the last time I laughed so much! Hehehehe!

That was just beautiful Des. :catgirl:

I always knew that someday you'd get clobbered Gavin! :D[/FONT][/COLOR]