Dance Dance Revolution Series

Lord Rannos

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=firebrick] Dance Dance Revolution is like...the [b]coolest[/b] videogame made in a long time. I always want to go to an arcade to play it. Besides, DDR: Having fun while excercising. ^_^. It took me a while to get used to because I'm not particularly good with [strike]hand[/strike] foot-eye coordination.[/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray]I wish i could actually find the game around here somewhere and buy it. So I dont have to order it off of the internet. v.v; I'm getting mad at my bro becuase its been 6 days and he still hasn't paid for my auction but he has my money.

And I agree about wanting to go to the arcade and play it. I find it fasinating (sp). ^^[/COLOR]

Waa!!! GO DDR!!!

On a more calm and composed note, I'd like to take this moment to tell all other DDR lovers that I have cracked Can't Stop Falling In Love (Speed Mix) at the arcade. Expert, of course ^_^ Yeah I still technically failed, but only due to the damn multiple beats in a row that appear suring the song. Once I can do that, I'll look like DA MAN!

Which in essence is what DDR is all about!

Anyone offering any tips on how to to multiple beats all on the same step? When I mean multiple, I'm sure you all know that I mean half/ quarter/impossible beats, one after another.... hey if you dont understand me just go to the arcade and find a 9 step expert song to have fun with ^_^

Yeah, my firends and I are super...[I]SUPER[/I] ddr freaks. We download songs ont mp3 cd's so we can listen to like 200 songs, we got japanese DDR Extreme and ddr max2 for better songs, and we even made our own home pads (metal). Like i said...we're freaks and love it :D

[size=1]As for the original question...I'm fairly sure I've seen some friends play it on their own games.

I enjoy DDR, but not as much as I could, I guess. A handful of friends enjoy it a lot more, and I always feel rather stupid around them. It's very frustrating, and I get flustered. /

It's fun when I go with my sister or other select friends to the arcade, though. It really can be a fun game. (Although it's nice to actually understand what all the arrows mean before someone has you play for the first time.)[/size]

I used to enjoy DDR, but the novelty wore off. I really love music games, but stuff like Gitaroo Man and Amplitude are more along the lines of what I like to play. DDR just gets dull really fast for me and I can't stand 95% of the US music selections.

I have a pair of PVC hardpads for DDR somewhere in the house. What a waste of money that turned out to be heh.

[color=firebrick] Parappa the Rapper, haha.[/color]

[i]DDR just gets dull really fast for me and I can't stand 95% of the US music selections.[/i]

[color=firebrick] What else did you expect? Lol. It'd be cool if you could put in your songs...somehow..O_o. *shrugs* I think it's fun when you're with your friends of something, playing it alone seems a bit boring to me.[/color]

I've never really been able to get into DDR. I enjoy the occasional music game (I've had some fun times playing Gitaroo Man and Samba de Amigo at my friend's house), but DDR has never been my thing. There's just something about it that strikes me as being not very fun at all, heh. For me, it's probably the lack of good music (to me, anyway - that's pretty relative) and the fact that I don't really enjoy dancing lol.

But, even if I did, I don't think I would really enjoy DDR. Just not my kind of game.

[color=hotpink][size=1]DDR is the absolute most fun game in the world. At least, in my opinion it is.

I used to play it in the arcades all the time, but then some friends of the family got it for Christmas and brought it over. Nothing is more exhilarating then completing "End of Century" on Standard Mode for the first time and actually passing. Or how about passing it and making an A. Yeah, I couldn't walk for a few days afterwards, but it was worth it. I have permanently damaged the side of my foot because of that game. And alas, my parents have promised to purchase the game for me and my sisters. So yes, I have something exciting to look forward to this weekend, as they just got their tax refund. ^_^

I've just gotten to the point where I can do most every song on Standard. I haven't even really attempted Hard Mode. I'm sort of frightened.

And I love DDR Max 2 because one of the female characters looks just like me and she dances in the same style that I do. It's mucho fun. ^_^[/color][/size]

[color=navy]Ah, Dance Dance Revolution. It's such a refreshing break from the traditional fighters and shooters of the arcade.

I've been playing the game for about five months, I'd say, in waves of can't-stop-going-to-the-arcade followed by a period of being too broke to really put out any more quarters. I normally play standard mode on Extreme (It's the only version available in this town, other than the Korean Mix, but I honestly don't know where that one is). I really haven't played much in a while, so my poor, formerly DDR-sculpted legs couldn't keep up with the music.

Also, as far as tips go, I have one that I had to learn the hard way:[/color]

[b][color=navy]If you're not confident in your skills, [i]never[/i] play with someone you don't know.[/color][/b]

[color=navy]Basically, I learned this after watching this one person do a lot of freestyle in front of his friends. That same guy is in the arcade a lot, playing either standard-level freestyling, with a lot of steps hit with the knee or the hand, or he plays heavy-level songs with extra steps he adds and lots of flashy techniques with freeze arrows (I saw him hit two freezes like they were constant sixty-fourth notes, and he still got O.K.'s on them- He's that light on his feet), and eventually he and his gaggle of fans left.[/color]

[color=navy]Just as I was about to play, they suddenly came back, put in two quarters (he was nice about asking if he could play too; he seems nice overall), and ended up choosing all the songs. I had to go through hell with Max 300 and Afronova, as I was too stupid or worried about credability to lower my level to light mode for the songs, and did horribly. It was quite the embarrasing experience, and I have not played in public since.[/color]

[quote][i]Maladjusted originally wrote:[/i]
[color=#b22222][color=darkred]What else did you expect? Lol. It'd be cool if you could put in your songs...somehow..O_o. *shrugs*[/color] [/color][color=black][/quote][/color]

[color=navy]Well, at least with Karaoke Revolution for the PlayStation 2, people can use their PS2 Online Accounts to download new songs. Given, they are rather poor American songs for the most part, but the same method is used in Xbox's DDR Ultra Mix, if I have my stories straight.

This is another reason why I need a PlayStation 2.

EDIT: Okay, Kazuko informed me that there are little packs one can buy for DDR Ultra Mix with four or five songs on them (for five dollars), and one does not download new songs for UltraMix off Xbox Live.[/color]

Guest Inuyashas#1girl
I love DDR it is so cool I wish i could own the Videogame but I am going to get it anyway.Until we get it we play my sisters friends DDRmax game she even has the dance pad.U also can get a metal dance pad for afound 199$ or it my be a lower price i am not excact if that is the price.

[quote name='Inuyashas#1girl']U also can get a metal dance pad for afound 199$ or it my be a lower price i am not excact if that is the price.[/quote]
[color=navy]You can also get the Ignition 2 Pad for only $100. I'm surprised it's not more than that, though. You see, it has this really strong grip material on the bottom so the pad won't slide easily, and it has a really thick foam insert that you stick into the pad. The steps are raised up, and they light up when tapped. It's pretty awesome, if you have the cash (I personally don't own it; I just saw it at a friend's house).

I see no real need to spend $100 more on a metal pad when you can get the Ignition 2. I mean, this thing is lighter, and more portable, and it works on most carpet, in theory. If you are an [i]extreme[/i] DDR Freak, a metal pad would be choice, and it makes for a good conversation piece, but the foam insert pad with solid grip works just about as well.[/color]

Now I wonder what that was all about SSJMaster...

Well. It's hard to find any of the games around here. It sucks but i got one off of ebay and its being shipped to me by wensday. *wants it to be wensday*

And I hate it when guys look at girls chests when they do the jumps!

Guest Cloudsgirl
No that song is not in the new DDR game but its in one of the older ones. :flaming: :flaming: :sleep:

[size=1][color=blue]This isn't really up to the post quality we encourage here at OtakuBoards. I'm not even sure what song you're talking about lol. Try offering up a little more discussion next time...a few sentences go along way. - Shinmaru[/color][/size]

[quote name='OtakuSennen][color=navy']I had to go through hell with Max 300 and Afronova, as I was too stupid or worried about credability to lower my level to light mode for the songs, and did horribly. It was quite the embarrasing experience, and I have not played in public since.[/color][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I've made this mistake before, but I always let the good people pick harder songs so that I could attempt them without failing. That was the way that I learned before I got to play it at home on the Playstation.

As for Afronova, the Standard Mode version of the song is just as easy as the Light Mode version. I was disappointed. But it is still my second favorite song. ^_^[/color][/size]

I dont think i could do the Afronova's, nor any of them even if I practice a lot. I may be on hevey but those steps on that songs are super off (for me), such as freezes and off beat notes (8th notes) and such. But on the Max's i could do, plus i like their beat a whle lot better :D

Yeah I'm a ddr nerd for sure! At my school we even have a ddr club, where we get togather and play. We're suppose to go and compete against other people from other schools, but nothing has really happened yet.

I play trick but I'm gettting to that awkward stage, where I'm too good for trick, but not good enough for manic. yeah if you can't tell i play the best version..konamix... yeah ddr max and the other verison are good... but I stick to the classic.

yeah we make trips down to like Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids to play in the acarded.. yeah I like the home version with my soft pads..rather than the metal pads of the arcade...

i do like though how the metal pads dont crack and break...but I love playing 6 panels and double pad..and I can't do that at the acarde.

My favorite thing to do on ddr is endless mode....
1. Burning the floor on (t)
2. b4u (t)
3. drop the bomb (t)
4. end of the century (b)
5. la senorita(b)

yeah it's so much fun! I love it, I can play it for about 7 hours..than i get way tired and than I actually have to stop.

does anyone else after playing like a wayy long session of this, when you close your eyes you can see arrows scrolling up and down in your mind? I can! hehehehehe! also does anyone just hear a good song on the radio and break into ddr moves? i do...hehhehhe(that is more pathetic than anything)

well..just thought i'd connect with my fellow ddr nerds

[color=darkslateblue]*Sigh* I have only played it once, which was today, over my aunt's house. I sure couldn't play it all day or they would yell at me to stop.

From what I did, it seems great. I never went to Standard mode yet, though I got B's usually in light mode. I'm not good at games like this, and when I get A's, I'm usually controller. :p[/color]

I found DDR fun we have two in an Arcade at the mall we have Dance Dance Revolution and DDR Max people come in there and they dance to the beat I've tried it a few times did pretty good, but I really am more of an RPG or Sports kind of game player all my games are Action, Adventure, Sports, Shooting: Vice City, NBA Live 2004;2003, Madden 2003, Rugby 2000 going to buy 2004, KH, and DragonballZ Budaki 1 and 2, Enter the Matrix, and Jet Set Radio Future to name a few. I was going to buy a DDR version they had on PS2, but I did not wanna buy a gamepad rather go to the mall where I am usually embarrased by older people like 17 to 26 who come to play that game.

Don't be embarrased by other peeple even if they are better or older than you are, play until you can bearly breath. If you talk to some of the people they might even become a friends of yours and play the same games as you do. I know i've met my bestest friends through Dance Dance and i'm very happy for it :D :) :D , we also play other games as well but DDR is our #1 basically...especially the home version of Extreme *cheers* :beer: