OtakuBoards

Dance Dance Revolution Series

Lord Rannos

From the looks of it, the DDR Extreme interface is actually a refreshed look of the interface used in DDR Konamix and 4th mix (JP ver).

And I don't know if anyone answered the question in one of the first few posts, but there's a remix of Drop the Bomb in DDRMax (US) and the original version in Konamix.

*stretches legs in preparation for another round* XD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friends are going crazy with that game right now (even at midnight). It's like DDR for the bored DDR player... there's so many missions and unlockables. [spoiler]So far, they've unlocked Trip Machine Survior, Can't Stop Falling in Love (Speedy Mix), and the all new Maximizer! I'm waiting to see if they've put Sakura in there... Konami said Can't Stop Falling in Love (Speedy Mix) wasn't going to be in there, but is, soo...[/spoiler] The game seems pretty exciting for the hardcore DDR player. I just feel like I can't afford to go out a buy a game right now... However, if I had an X-box, Fable would be MINE.

Thats awsome that the DDR:Extreme is coming out in English, I had to pay to get my PS2 Modded, buy the game, get a metal pad, and play it non-stop. Which in retro-spect wasn't a very good idea but i was desperate. I hope they have Cow Girl in the english version 'casue that song is awsome ^_^. Nice pics by the way ~^.^~

[quote name='Mage15']Thats awsome that the DDR:Extreme is coming out in English, I had to pay to get my PS2 Modded, buy the game, get a metal pad, and play it non-stop. Which in retro-spect wasn't a very good idea but i was desperate. I hope they have Cow Girl in the english version 'casue that song is awsome ^_^. Nice pics by the way ~^.^~[/quote]

HAH.. You're so much better off with a modded PS2 and the Japanese version of Extreme... it totally owns the US version. It's basically the arcade version of what most of us know and love (mostly all songs from the machine), and, well, US Extreme is not. Well, you'd know! =] I should probably get mine modded and whore out my friend's DVD burner... screw the US version, hehehe.

[quote name='*GaLxY-GiRl*]HAH.. You're so much better off with a modded PS2 and the Japanese version of Extreme... it totally owns the US version. It's basically the arcade version of what most of us know and love (mostly all songs from the machine), and, well, US Extreme is not. Well, you'd know! ='] I should probably get mine modded and whore out my friend's DVD burner... screw the US version, hehehe.[/quote]lol, I doubt it. Whereas the machine can hold about 200 songs, they wouldn't be able to fit them into to the 70 song range on home versions. :/ It would mostly be Japanese songs, so it depends what you like. Either way, it's a good variety. Hell, US Extreme is awesome alone for the sole fact that it gives you more songs to play once you play the other games for a while. ^_^

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]It looks awesome! can't wait to get it! lol. My friend has DDR2 and pad, but I'm still saving up to get one... I dont know about you guys but I LOVE the song Ghosts on DDR2. Plus Heaven is really awesome on heavy! but.. lets just say I haven't quite mastered that yet ^^ lol :D [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

I've been playing Extreme like crazy, and just unlocked Drop the Bomb which is aparently aquired after 85 songs. Add that to your list of games that offer the original Drop the Bomb. :)

I also borrowed the song lists on Extreme from DDR Freak and made it all in one list, in alphabetical order. I'll make the unlockables spoilers for those who want to find them out for themselves.

[size=1].59 - dj TAKA[/size]
[size=1][spoiler]321STARS (20 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]A - D.J. Amuro (140 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]ABSOLUTE - dj TAKA (100 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]A Stupid Barber - Sho-T[/size]
[size=1][spoiler]B4U - NAOKI (55 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]B4U (B4 Za Beat Mix) - NAOKI (65 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Bad Routine - D.J. Spugna [/size]
[size=1]Believe - Eddie.J (Cover of Cher) [/size]
[size=1]Bizarre Love Triangle - Jerry (Cover of New Order) [/size]
[size=1]Diving (Radio Edit) - 4 Strings [/size]
[size=1]Do Me (H.I.G.E.O Mix) - Moustache Men[/size]
[size=1]Don't Clock Me - Popula Demand feat. The Get Fresh Girls [/size]
[size=1]Drop Out - NW260 [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]DROP OUT (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX) - NW260 (175 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]DROP THE BOMB - Scotty D. (85 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Ecstacy - D-Complex [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]ECSTASY (Midnight Blue Mix) - d-complex (160 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Firefly - Be For U [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]FROZEN RAY ~for extreme~ - dj TAKA (155 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]FUNK BOOGIE - Funk Kid feat. KOOL BOYS (80 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Go West - Pet Shop Boys [/size]
[size=1]Higher - NM feat. Sunny [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]HIGHER (Next Morning Mix) - NM feat. Sunny (110 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Highs Off U (Scorccio XY Mix) - 4 Reeel [/size]
[size=1]I Feel... - Akira Yamaoka [/size]
[size=1]I'm For Real - Slake [/size]
[size=1]Janejana - T.E.M.P.O. feat. Mohammed & Emi [/size]
[size=1]Jet World - Mutsuhiko Izumi [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]KEEP ON MOVIN' - N.M.R. (40 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Kick The Can - Bus*Stop [/size]
[size=1]Kids In America - Kim Wilde [/size]
[size=1]Ladies' Night - <^ (Cover of Kool & The Gang) [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]LA SENORITA - CAPTAIN T. (115 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Like A Virgin - tama_happytone (Cover of Madonna) [/size]
[size=1]Love Love Sugar - DJ Taka feat. Noria [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]MAKE IT BETTER - MITSU-O! (25 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]MAXIMIZER - Cli-Max S. (185 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Miracle - St. Jannaro [/size]
[size=1]Mobo*Moga - Orange Lounge [/size]
[size=1]Move Your Feet - Junior Senior [/size]
[size=1]Music (Bostik Radio Edit) - Darude [/size]
[size=1]Never Ending Story (Power Vocal Club Mix) - DJ-AC-DC [/size]
[size=1]Only You - Captain Jack [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]ON THE JAZZ - Jonny Dynamite! (70 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]PARANOiA ETERNAL - STM 200 [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]PARANOiA MAX (DIRTY MIX) - 190 (130 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Peace-Out - DJ Nagureo [/size]
[size=1]Pink Rose - Kiyommy + Seiya [/size]
[size=1]Planet Rock (Swordfish Radio Edit) - Paul Oakenfold vs. Afrikaa Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force [/size]
[size=1]Simply Being Loved "Somnambulist" - BT [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]SCORCHING MOON - Shawn The Horny Master (5 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]So In Love - Caramel.S [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]THE LEGEND OF MAX - ZZ (190 songs, OR get it as Extra Stage after permanently unlocking TRIP MACHINE survivor - Pass it for a permanent unlock)[/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]The Reflex - Duran Duran [/size]
[size=1]Theme From Enter The Dragon (Notorious Mix) - B3-Project [/size]
[size=1]There You'll Be - DJ Speedo feat. Angelica [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]TRIP MACHINE - DE-SIRE (10 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]TRIP MACHINE survivor - DE-SIRE (95 songs, OR AA an 8-footer or higher to get it as Extra Stage - Pass it for a permanent unlock) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Tsugaru - RevenG vs. De-Sire [/size]
[size=1][spoiler]TSUGARU (APPLE MIX) - RevenG vs. DE-SIRE (125 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1][spoiler]V (for EXTREME) - TAKA (170 songs) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Waiting For Tonight - P.A.T. (Cover of Jennifer Lopez)[/size]
[size=1]Wild Rush - Factor X[/size]
[size=1][spoiler]WILD RUSH (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX) - Factor-X (145 songs, OR Complete THE FREEZER Oni Course) [/spoiler][/size]
[size=1]Wonderland (UKS Mix) - X-Treme [/size]
[size=1]Y.M.C.A. - Village People[/size]
[size=1][spoiler]YOU'RE NOT HERE - Heather (35 songs, OR Complete AKIRA premium Oni Course) [/spoiler][/size]
[font=Times New Roman][font=Tahoma][size=1]Your Rain (Rage Mix) - Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][font=Tahoma][size=1]I count 69 songs in total.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][font=Tahoma][size=1][spoiler]Unfortunately, no Butterfly, R3, Cow Girl, and Daikunkai in sight. I also find it strange that they have so many mixes for songs that are there already. o.o[/spoiler][/size][/font][/font]

[color=darkslateblue][size=1]OH YAY DDR EXTREME CAME OUT!!! (kinda late for that >.>)

Well, since my mother is broke as hell and I have no money, I suppose I have to wait until my birthday to get it.

WHOO KICK THE CAN! :)

DDR Extreme looks...mighty different from DDR Max and Max 2. I'm going to have to get used to that, if I decide to get the game. Anyway, with the list of songs Syk3 provided, I am definitely getting it. Although, there are too many remixes of songs...at least, for me in my opinion. I am excited though; for the how many times I've heard praises from this song, if I get Extreme, I can listen to B4U. See how the song really is.

One of them...Paranoia...that has too many mixes, I swear...

Ah this is creepy...I'm listening to a DDR mp3..O.o[/color][/size]

Okay, yes i've played it and all. here's something nice. Good news: DDR Extreme came out in america september 21st! the bad news: Like alot of good Japanese culture games, they've horribly and i mean HORRIBLY americanized it. they've removed a number of the japenese pop songs and others they've made it so that you have to unlock them [complete 200 songs and you'll get all of them v.v] the songlist you start with is:

.59 dj TAKA
A Stupid Barber Sho-T
Bad Routine D.J. Spugna
-Believe Eddie.J
BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE Jerry
Diving 4 Strings
DO ME (H.I.G.E.O Mix) MUSTACHE MEN
-DON'T CLOCK ME POPULA DEMAND feat. THE GET FRESH GIRLS
DROP OUT NW260
ECSTASY d-complex
Firefly Be For U
-*Go West PET SHOP BOYS
HIGHER NM feat. SUNNY
-*HIGHS OFF U (Scorccio XY Mix) 4 REEEL[but still pretty cool]
i feel... AKIRA YAMAOKA
I'M FOR REAL SLAKE
JANEJANA T.E.M.P.O. feat. Mohammed & Emi
JET WORLD Mutsuhiko Izumi
KICK THE CAN BUS STOP
-----*Kids In America KIM WILDE [ACK I HATE IT]
LADIES' NIGHT
--- Like A Virgin tama_happytone
LOVE LOVE SUGAR dj TAKA feat. NORIA
--MIRACLE ST. JENNARO
MOBOMOGA Orange Lounge
*Move Your Feet Junior Senior [Finnish.... but still not japanese lol]
Music (Bostik Radio Edit) Darude
Never Ending Story (Power Club Vocal Mix) DJ AC-DC
--*ONLY YOU CAPTAIN JACK
PARANOiA ETERNAL STM 200
PEACE-OUT dj nagureo
Pink Rose Kiyommy + Seiya
Planet Rock (Swordfish Radio Edit) Paul Oakenfold vs. Afrika Bambaata and the
Soul Sonic Force
Simply Being Loved "Somnambulist" BT
SO IN LOVE Caramel.S
-----THE REFLEX DURAN DURAN [oy]
THEME FROM ENTER THE DRAGON B3-Project
(notorious mix)
THERE YOU'LL BE DJ SPEEDO feat. ANGELICA
TSUGARU RevenG vs. DE-SIRE
--WAITING FOR TONIGHT P.A.T
WILD RUSH FACTOR-X
---WONDERLAND (UKS MIX) X-TREME [the steps are at least well done]
--------Y.M.C.A. VILLAGE PEOPLE [SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT PLEASE!]
Your Rain (RAGE MIX) Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

then you get to unlock:

[spoiler]--Funk Boogie Pass 080 Songs [-.- punishment]
DROP THE BOMB Pass 085 Songs
TRIP MACHINE Survivor Pass 095 Songs
ABSOLUTE Pass 100 Songs
HIGHER (next morning mix) Pass 110 Songs
La Senorita Pass 115 Songs
TSUGARU (APPLE MIX) Pass 125 Songs
PARANOiA MAX (DIRTY MIX) Pass 130 Songs
A Pass 140 Songs
WILD RUSH (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX) Pass 145 Songs or Pass "The Freezer" in Challenge Mode
Frozen Ray (for EXTREME) Pass 155 Songs
ECSTASY (midnight blue mix) Pass 160 Songs
V (for EXTREME) Pass 170 Songs
DROP OUT (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX) Pass 175 Songs
MAXIMIZER Pass 185 Songs
The legend of MAX Pass 190 Songs
--ON THE JAZZ Pass 070 Songs
B4U Pass 055 Songs
B4U (B4 ZA BEAT MIX) Pass 065 Songs
--KEEP ON MOVIN' Pass 040 Songs [pretty sure it's american]
CAN'T STOP FALLIN' IN LOVE (SPEED MIX) Pass 050 Songs
You're Not Here Pass 035 Songs or Pass "AKIRA premium" in Challenge Mode
MAKE IT BETTER Pass 025 Songs
321 STARS Pass 020 Songs
TRIP MACHINE Pass 010 Songs
Scorching Moon Pass 005 Songs [/spoiler]

the ones with a dash are american pop songs.

okay, now that i've ruined the fun of all the games. Most of the songs are tastefully stepped, but for cripes sake, WHY do they add in american stuff to a PERFECTLY good japanese dancing game?

I have a horrible feeling that in the next mix to come to america we can expect:

Toxic Britney Spears
Seniorita Justin Timberlake
and maybe just for the hell of it, a remix of Milkshake.

What the hell is Konami THINKING?!?!

--Edit
I forgot to mention the lame minigames ^-^ Mario Party on your FEET! AWESOME! *cough, not, cough* buuut the awesome things are the nonstop mode and the even more impossible endless mode!
I'm not sure, but i think endless mode becomes unlocked after you get all 65 songs and you get to play all of them with a break every 5 songs... not sure how long that break is but it's got to be wonderful to play over 100 minutes worth of music back to back ^-^. okay, enough of my ranting.. i'm going to go play DDRMAX now. :D

[color=#4B0082]Added spoiler tags for the unlockables. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='Jamvis']Okay, yes i've played it and all. here's something nice. Good news: DDR Extreme came out in america september 21st! the bad news: Like alot of good Japanese culture games, they've horribly and i mean HORRIBLY americanized it. they've removed a number of the japenese pop songs and others they've made it so that you have to unlock them [complete 200 songs and you'll get all of them v.v][/quote]It sounds to me like you wouldn't have been satisfied no matter what. They Americanize all of the games that come out in the US. Wake up! There are going to be some Japanese songs, and some American ones. It's always been like that. As for Extreme in general and the song list, I guess you didn't notice that we discussed ALL of that already. O.o

[quote]okay, now that i've ruined the fun of all the games. Most of the songs are tastefully stepped, but for cripes sake, WHY do they add in american stuff to a PERFECTLY good japanese dancing game?[/quote]Why did they add American songs? Perhaps because it's coming out in the US. :p If you want the Japanese game so badly, then mod your PS2 and import it.

[quote]--Edit
I forgot to mention the lame minigames ^-^ Mario Party on your FEET! AWESOME! *cough, not, cough* buuut the awesome things are the nonstop mode and the even more impossible endless mode!
I'm not sure, but i think endless mode becomes unlocked after you get all 65 songs and you get to play all of them with a break every 5 songs... not sure how long that break is but it's got to be wonderful to play over 100 minutes worth of music back to back ^-^. okay, enough of my ranting.. i'm going to go play DDRMAX now. :D[/QUOTE]The minigames are for people who want to expand their fun of the game. If you like DDR how it is, then it's not for you. Skip over it. Secondly, there are 69 songs, and if you want to play the same songs that were out years ago, I encourage you to go back and play Max. :) Otherwise, we don't need you to just complain about Extreme. :/

Yeah I got the new game about a day ago and would have to say it rapes ^.^ Even though the songs are not that good in the beginning, the unlockable songs are to die for, such as:

V [For Extreme]
321 Stars
The Legend of MAx
Higher
and Absolute

Overall this game isn't that bad to play, plus you get to unlock more dancers, so far my friends Brandon and I have unlocked Johnny.....but we're hoping to unlock Baby-Lon and Robo-2000 (w/ Wings) soon. PLus, the new (1998) new song of Captain Jack called "Only You" Is very addictive, I had to download that song just to get rid of my craving of hearing it again over and over, lol.

[quote name='Jamvis']Like alot of good Japanese culture games, they've horribly and i mean HORRIBLY americanized it. they've removed a number of the japenese pop songs and others they've made it so that you have to unlock them [complete 200 songs and you'll get all of them v.v][/quote]

Are you comparing it to the arcade versions or the Japanese version of Extreme for the PS2? It's not that these songs have been removed it's just that they've not been included in our console version. "Americanizing" of games is crucial if a company like Konami wants to make money at all from bringing a game to the States. I mean, some people would buy a DDR version with ALL Japanese songs but it wouldn't be worth their while. Furthermore, DDR has never had ALL Japanese songs. I'd like to say that the majority of them are sung in English or are atleast partially sung in English.

[quote]okay, now that i've ruined the fun of all the games. Most of the songs are tastefully stepped, but for cripes sake, WHY do they add in american stuff to a PERFECTLY good japanese dancing game?

What the hell is Konami THINKING?!?![/quote]

These American songs are added because they are popular here (and probably in Japan, too). I'd venture to say that the majority of the people buying this DDR version aren't obsessed with Japanese culture/music and would rather "dance" to music they can understand or recognize. Also, I know a lot of anime/Japanese culturl enthusiasts who wouldn't touch DDR with a ten foot pole. Can't win 'em all.

All in all, I don't see a huge difference between this console version, previous ones (MAX/2) and even the arcade. You must just be dissapointed that the American console version didn't include more -arcade- songs. I'm sure Konami is rationing these songs for future console releases. DDR is pretty much dead in Japan so they're milking the game for everything it's worth in America (where it's popularity is increasing), to be honest. =/ I suggest you, if you're truly unhappy, modding your PS2 and getting the J version (like Syk3 has suggested), buying an arcade machine (har har), or getting Stepmania and downloading whatever damn songs you want, lol. [Stepmania, if you didn't know, is a game very, VERY similar to that of DDR and you can either play with your keyboard's directional arrows or get a USB>Playstation hookup thingie for your home pads. The game and songs are available to download for free.]

[I][SIZE=1]
Phew.. that all took too long to type. This entire topic seems to be getting rather redundant, and I don't want to sound rude, but posts by people who seem to only have half a grasp on a subject only make it worse. Heh.[/SIZE][/I]

• 2 weeks later...
Well. *moves this thread back up a bit :p* I finally finished unlocking all the songs on Extreme a couple days ago. It wasn't a huge priority for me, but somehow I managed to beat my friends. >:D

I'd have to say that, now completely unlocked, my favorite songs are 321 Stars, A Stupid Barber, Absolute, Can't Stop Fallin' in Love (entirely for the steps), Drop the Bomb, Kick the Can, Move Your Feet (for the music video), Tsugaru, Tsugaru Apple Mix, and V. I still have to say, in terms of number of songs that I enjoy, I still prefer Max, but these songs that I mentioned above make it worth while for me. I like them better than Max2, for sure. :o

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Syk3]Well. *moves this thread back up a bit :p* I finally finished unlocking all the songs on Extreme a couple days ago. It wasn't a huge priority for me, but somehow I managed to beat my friends. >:D

I'd have to say that, now completely unlocked, my favorite songs are 321 Stars, A Stupid Barber, Absolute, Can't Stop Fallin' in Love (entirely for the steps), Drop the Bomb, Kick the Can, Move Your Feet (for the music video), Tsugaru, Tsugaru Apple Mix, and V. I still have to say, in terms of number of songs that I enjoy, I still prefer Max, but these songs that I mentioned above make it worth while for me. I like them better than Max2, for sure. :o[/QUOTE]

i dont like the way the DDR game series is going , it's becoming all american and not japaneesy like ( the songs ) they should really come out witha DDR game that has the exact same songs on the arcade version that would be so cool :p

[quote name='Xxanime_freakxX']i dont like the way the DDR game series is going , it's becoming all american and not japaneesy like ( the songs ) they should really come out witha DDR game that has the exact same songs on the arcade version that would be so cool :p[/quote]I'm not sure how many times we have to say this, so I recommend everyone read through the thread beforehand. DDR has always been like this in America. It's not going anywhere, lol. If you want to buy the Japanese version, go ahead, but there's no way that they could take the 200 songs in the arcade and transfer them to a PS2 disc. It can't work like that. :/

[quote name='Syk3']I'm not sure how many times we have to say this, so I recommend everyone read through the thread beforehand. DDR has always been like this in America. It's not going anywhere, lol. If you want to buy the Japanese version, go ahead, but there's no way that they could take the 200 songs in the arcade and transfer them to a PS2 disc. It can't work like that. :/[/quote]

:rolleyes: i guess but they're puttin gay songs that arent techno and dance like. well duh most of the DDR songs are american and stuff but they just went to far when the put songs like that gay " kids in america" song

[quote name='Xxanime_freakxX']:rolleyes: i guess but they're puttin gay songs that arent techno and dance like. well duh most of the DDR songs are american and stuff but they just went to far when the put songs like that gay " kids in america" song[/quote]They're "gay"? lol How old are you?

There are always going to be songs that they put in there that they believe are popular American dance songs, such as the one you mentioned, despite whether the vast majority of the players prefer techno and such. They are trying to appeal to a wide variety of tastes, starting with music which is the most important aspect on DDR. If you don't like those songs, then simply skip over them; there are plenty of songs that you can enjoy. In fact, I like more songs on Extreme than I like on Max 2, so the series clearly isn't going downhill in song selection.

[QUOTE=Syk3]They're "gay"? lol How old are you?

There are always going to be songs that they put in there that they believe are popular American dance songs, such as the one you mentioned, despite whether the vast majority of the players prefer techno and such. They are trying to appeal to a wide variety of tastes, starting with music which is the most important aspect on DDR. If you don't like those songs, then simply skip over them; there are plenty of songs that you can enjoy. In fact, I like more songs on Extreme than I like on Max 2, so the series clearly isn't going downhill in song selection. Oh ya and one more thing xxanime freakxx it's pretty obvious that you are soooooooo much better than me in DDR. [/QUOTE]

ugggggggggg :flaming: why do you always have long combacks that are all educated and make me look stupid.............. Oh great now i just realized that i was wrong. I never looked at it that way . BUT why are most of the people saying that they like the japaneesy techno type music. Majority rules end of discussion. The makers of the game should of came out of their little hole and asked us , Hey would you like cool techno japaneesy music or [I]american ucky goo [/I]. ..................... OHHHHHHHH wait. i take back everything. they made the game for people that like Japaneesy techno and Ucky american goo typed music. so the customer will be happy nomatter what type of music they like. thats thinkin out of the box.

Anywerz i think i understand DDR better now cause of you. Thnx for the long embarissing come-backs and rubing " I'm right Your wrong " in my face. Now i just have to master Tsugaru and i'll be good to go. and hey i changed your post to make it better for the reader.

Eww pervert why do u want to know my age. You must realy want to know since you put How old are you in the Title of the post. wierdo :confused:

I'm a very mature and educated young man. 10+4=?

I'm not trying to make you look stupid, you're doing a pretty good job of that on your own. I apologize that I put thought and explanation into my post, though, if that's what you want to hear. The referrence to the vast majority of DDR players preferring techno in my own post was merely hypothetical, so perhaps most of them don't even like those kinds of songs. You not liking "american ucky goo" is your own opinion, and you should be able to respect others if they happen to prefer that over "cool techno japaneesy music". If that's what you want on a DDR game, then import it, or move to Japan; complaining isn't going to change anything about the US game.

Despite your claims of being a mature and educated young man (oh yes, I'm a pervert, give me your address!), you don't seem to be using that knowledge to the best of your ability in your posts. What could either one of us being better at DDR have [i]anything[/i] to do with our discussion? We're talking about game content, not scores here. But for the sake of rubbing it in your face for my own sick entertainment (:rolleyes:), Tsugaru isn't that hard of a song if you practice hard enough, and maybe you'll be able to ace in on Heavy someday as well. ^_~

Okay i've had enough of that. Just incase you didnt know i've already mastered tsugaru on standard, and what makes you so sure that i wasnt trying to master it on heavy, is it just soooooo obvious that i cant do it on heavy. For all of the people that are reading this i do standard/heavy, [B]I am very proud to announce that i have gotten a B on captain jack ( on standard ) it was very hard at first and it would take someone that has alot of skill ( like me ) to get this kind of grade only on the 3rd try , i have never done this song since then.[/B]
After nights of practicing i passed Destiny on heavy :D which is totally cool.
Complaining always changes things, sometimes complaining is the only way to change things. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN! I HATE THE UCKY AMERICAN SONGS! CHANGE IT NOW OR I WILL CHUNK SOMETHING HEAVY AND METAL AT YOUR FACE!
see they're already coming out with another DDR game that will fit my taste of music
LOL okay it wasnt just complaing there was a little bit of threatining.

Yes ahahaha i changed the topic .................. i had nothing else to say about the " game content ". you were kiding about you wanting my adress, right?

I could be making all this up. I could be some mad DDR expert who travels from state to state chalenging all who stand in my way and beating them so badly they get mentally ill and hide in their house until I'm atleast 100,000 miles away

:eek: AAAAAAhhhhhhhh that is so cool You're a moderator you have like power over me ( talking to Syk3 ) :eek:

[color=#4B0082]Actually, Syk3 doesn't really have power over you, Xxanime_freakxX -- not in this forum, anyway. But I do, and it looks to me like you're only one step away from starting a flame war, and I'm not about to sit idly by and watch that happen, so I feel a small warning is necessary.

First off, your last post there serves no good point. At all. Sorry if I seem a bit blunt here, but I've been watching this thread and Syk3 seems to already have tried reasoning with you, and your above post is what resulted. And that doesn't cut it here.

So, I've got news for you: No one else cares how good you may or may not be at DDR, or at least not in relation to this discussion. Bringing up the subject of who's better like that is nothing more than a petty argument, and it doesn't help farther your claim to being "a very mature and educated young man." If you want to discuss the difficulties of certain songs and whatnot in a [i]civilized[/i] manner, that's great, but saying things like "I can do this and this and this, on such and such difficulty level!" is nothing but bragging. Whether you use it to say you're better than someone else or in defense of how good you are, that's still all it is, and it's the sort of thing I regularly delete on the spot because it's nothing but spam.

Next, if you really do think that complaining about the song selection in DDR Extreme on an online message board is going to change anything, you're sorely mistaken. And no one here wants to reading a post whining about it, so don't bother. It basically amounts to "I don't like this, why couldn't they have done it my way instead?" which is, again, spam. Now, voicing your opinion is fine, so long as you do so in an intelligent manner; calling songs in the US version of DDR Extreme "gay," however, doesn't exactly fit that criteria.

And yeah, I could be someone else entirely from who I say I am online. But what's your point? Even if you were some mad DDR expert, that wouldn't change the fact that what you're posting is below the standard here at OtakuBoards. Seeing as you can't tell who a person really is on an online message board, the only credibility you have is the quality of your posts. So, I'd suggest you start posting in a more intelligent manner if you want keep posting here and be taken seriously.

So again, sorry if I seem too blunt here, but that's the way things are. I don't mean to offend you, but there are rules and standards here, and it's my job to enforce them.[/color]

[color=firebrick] Yeah, I don't really see why so many people are complaining about the song selection. *shrug* I think it's fine as it is. Not everyone is obsessed with Japan and wants to see random JPop girls or whatever in the background. What I'm more concerned about it mastering the game... >_>

Does anyone have any tips for moving up in heavy? The highest I get in it is usually a C or D, and it's almost impossible for me. I'm like sweating like a pig after doing it about two times. V_V [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CurseOfPhoenix
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I must say, I love DDR. I went to a party and played it for 4 hours. We had good times. My friend and I have been meaning to start a DDR club at our school. If this ever happened, I would be so happy. Does anyone hear have a DDR club at their school? If so, I'd like some details so I might be able to base my plans on it. Thanx in advance.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've played this game a few times at the movie theatres. it is a really fun game. i like the remix song of bethovans symphany or whatever its called lol. it is an awseome game though. its good to get over your fear and just do that in front of a bunch of people that are watching you and either cheering you on or boo'ing you lol. i need to check out the home version of the game. that would be alot of fun.

My road to playing DDR has been a long and winded one, after watching people play this new and wondrous (to me, anyway) game on a trip to the West Edmonton Mall, I started obsessing over how I could get my hands on this game, and, four years later, I learn it is available for PlayStation systems, and I only decided to finally buy DDR MAX over the summer, upon which I used my four years of experience in watching other people play to catch on rather steadily, (The first song I tried was Matsuri Japan on light, which was a major mistake).

Anyway, I've been having fun with my DDR MAX and recently-bought EXTREME as of late; and, personally, I like hearing some of the (no matter how ancient) U.S. songs in the new mix. I actually found myself wondering what it would be like trying this game to more familliar music, and it was rather fun. I actually like hearing and doing the steps to "Kids in America" once in a while, and "Wonderland UKS Mix" has a fun set of arrows on heavy for doing tricks to. I'm actually trying to perfect this routine where, instead of always hitting the up arrow with my right foot and the others with my left at the beginning, I switch between my left and right foot every two up arrows, starting with the right. This is a little dangerous in the sense that it forces me to jump using one foot from the down arrow to the up arrow with all my body wight shifted back, and I'm usually missing the up arrow completely, or when I land, I'm so off balance that I can't keep up with the rest of the arrows. If anyone has any ideas for that I'd love to hear them.

In terms of song value, some of my favorites would have to include (on Heavy or Challenge if they are Challenge-only):

On The Jazz (how often do you hear rapping to jazz music?)
Tsugaru Apple Mix (The first 9-foot song I've ever done, the original mix still eludes me.)
Maximizer (this song is GOD, it's borderline 8-foot/9-foot if you ask me, but only because it's quite fast considering the amount of streaming involved, and the clusters of five sixteenth arrows at the beginning I only hit out of pure luck.)
Wild Rush (It's like six songs in one!)
DROP OUT (From Nonstop Megamix) (Again, not good enough to do the original on heavy, even though the sequence near the end is identical.)
A (It's just cool, and even though it gets fast near the end, the streams are limited and easy to follow. Apparently, this song is actually by [spoiler]dj TAKA under a pseudonym.[/spoiler])
i feel... (The second nine-foot I've ever completed, but just barely...Those arrows are wild.)
You're Not Here (It's in [spoiler]Silent Hill 3,[/spoiler] 'nuff said.)

Anyway, since maladjusted asked, the way I started being able to do Heavy songs a little easier is by learning a bit more about recognizing patterns in long-streaming songs (From now on, [color=red]I'm using only examples on heavy mode[/color]). If you look at a song like "Holic" in DDR MAX, or maybe "Kick the Can" or "A" in EXTREME, you see that the arrows follow a clear pattern that shows up on the screen, usually:

{left, down, up, right, down, up,} repeat as necessary.

This means that you can hit the left arrow with the left foot, the down with the right, up with the left, and right with the right, then down with the left, up with the right, and left with the left again to start the pattern a second time. If you do this repeatedly, you notice that all you're really doing is alternating the steps you take for the up/down arrows, starting with the left if you're coming from the right, and vice versa. You will notice that you can keep your center of gravity more or less in the middle of the pad while you do this, and it doesn't take much effort. After you do this, you will be set to recognize other patterns better as well.

After that, you might consider trying a song with completely randomized arrows just to see how well you can recognize both the aforementioned patterns and the subtle spacing between 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16. If you have MAX, try "Secret Rendezvous". If you have EXTREME, try something like "i feel...", "On the Jazz", or "Move your Feet".

I don't have MAX2, so If anyone has suggestions for the above criteria then you might be able to fill me, and maladjusted, in on them.

On that note, I'd like to know if anyone has any tricks for doing better on "Frozen Ray (for Extreme)" on Heavy. I've successfully completed it once, but only barely. usually I start screwing up around the early-middle section when they throw in 1/16 arrows with streams, and I can't really do the stream near the end too well, either.

On one last note, I was wondering what people think of using the standard PS2 controller instead of the pad for play. I have to do this sometimes because the TV downstairs is occupied and the carpet in my room is too thick to play there. I usually do all right with it, but contrary to popular belief, I consider myself far better with the pad. The only advantage of the controller is that your thumbs can move faster than your feet, but I find that I can carry a beat better when I'm standing up and actually moving with the pad than sitting down with the controller, as sometimes I hit the buttons a step too early, and sometimes, for some odd reason, I usually let go of freeze arrows too soon when I'm using the controller. I don't know why, it's just a reaction. Which are you guys really better with?

EDIT: Oh yeah, one last thing, did the fact that the arrows in EXTREME are smaller than in MAX throw anybody off at first? The first song I tried when I got EXTREME was "PARANOiA ETERNAL" on Standard, and I kept stepping too fast because the arrows were smaller and, thus, didn't move as fast. Just a thought.