Dance Dance Revolution Series

Lord Rannos

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally C'd Max 300 Heavy: [URL=http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cmax300heavy9or.jpg][IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6518/cmax300heavy9or.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

However, I was just playing and tried to do the same thing again. I can do great all the way until the middle, where it freezes, and then it gets to the hardest part of the song and I get raped. I almost passed it again my first try today. Guess I'm just too tired for it right now.

I also AA'd My Generation Heavy today.

There there's these:

[URL=http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aas0031dg.jpg][IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8362/aas0031dg.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aadreamadream7hb.jpg][IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/609/aadreamadream7hb.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bangelicmix1hr.jpg][IMG]http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6574/bangelicmix1hr.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aas0014ue.jpg][IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9115/aas0014ue.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]Fine, I'll go to this thread. Am I the only one who dosn't like DDR? :animecry: I dont see what the big deal is about it. And who seriously wants to get up and dance, (Unless you like to dance, or do any sort of physical activity). And the music gets stuck in my head. Arg. :shifty:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='rawopotato][color=darkorchid][font=Georgia][size=1]Fine, I'll go to this thread. Am I the only one who dosn't like DDR? :animecry: I dont see what the big deal is about it. And who seriously wants to get up and dance, (Unless you like to dance, or do any sort of physical activity). And the music gets stuck in my head. Arg. :shifty:[/size][/font'][/color][/quote]No, you're not the only one, but people who don't like it usually don't bother entering this thread, lol. But it's a fun game first and foremost, it really is. It's a video game just like anything else, moreso than something that actually teaches you to dance, but it's a video game that actually has you do something other than sitting on the couch moving your thumbs. Gamers need something like this to keep from merging into their chairs. XD And it's a good thing to want to do physical activity because it's good for you, but that doesn't make it a game just for people who are in shape and skinny; absolutely anyone can get into it and get good if they put their mind to it.

I'm not saying that everyone will like it and appreciate it for what it is, and some of those that don't will probably think it looks stupid or will suck pretty badly, but that doesn't make it a bad game. haha

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I think I'll pull a Mitch and post today's high scores =P.

[B]Pictures may be blurry. Blame the TV >>[/B]
[URL=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture10270yh.jpg][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9068/picture10270yh.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture10287ua.jpg][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3029/picture10287ua.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture10291ct.jpg][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6976/picture10291ct.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Not too impressive, but I'm working my way up the more often I play. Does anyone have any information on what DDR Extreme 2 holds in store? I Googled it, but all I dug up were some screenshots. It looks pretty promising and flashy, but I'm still anxious to know what songs will be included >>

[/FONT][/COLOR][quote name='Mitch']Well, I've bought some metal pads now. They haven't arrived yet.[/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]How're them metal pads workin' for ya Mitch? I imagine they cost a crap load. I might consider buying myself an ub3r set of pads on day, but with the new generation of system consoles coming out I think I'll wait it out. I currently have a $30 dance pad with has absolutely no padding and feels like diaper, but I manage xD

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh and Casey, you only hate Dance Dance because everytime you come over I own you at it ^_~[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE] Oh and Casey, you only hate Dance Dance because everytime you come over I own you at it ^_~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia] That's not why I hate Dance Dance. Even though I am REALLY bad at it. I cant concentrate on the arrows and the pad thingy at the same time. Bad hand-eye cordination when it comes to things like that. I also easily get distracted by the music. I just want to sit there and listen to it.. but I dont. Must be subliminal messages.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
I must admit that I love DDR. I played it at the arcades on Light mode all the time. It was when i got DDRMAX2 and a mat for ps2 that I really got into it. I've pretty much mastered all the songs on Heavy by now, exept for MaXX Unlimited (I'm getting there), Vanity Angel (WHY!?!?!), and Xenon (damn you Mr. T!!!). I take it to parties (along with two mats and my tiny ps2) and entertain my friends with the neat tricks I do, such as constantly spinning around on Tsugaru and getting an AA. They all envy me so much (sarcasm). :D :D :D :animecry:

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]My older brother [I][B]19th[/B][/I] best in California And my Friend is [I][B]3rd[/B] [/I] best in California :animesmil ,but they dnt play any more all they do is play Initial D. But DDR is so cool especially if ur really good because you attract a big crowd and you get real popular out of it. But I never knew how to play on pad only on the computer and controller( I suck at DDR :animeswea ) I wanna learn how to play though :animecry: [/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]*waves to Chroniosis and pounces on him* WAI! Apeiron/ Spike spike - 'tis you! ^__^ 'Tis I... um... Roxie.

I like DDR a lot, but I don't have a PS2, so I really don't get to play a lot, except when I go over someone's house and make them hook it up for me. Eheh. So yeah, I play in light mode mostly. I know a lot of songs, though, because Chroniosis is constantly playing DDR songs for me. =D

I think Chroniosis is right though - if you buy the game and a pad for a console, you can get good pretty quickly. That's why I want a PS2 - to get good at DDR. ^^;;; I think it will be a while before I actually get a PS2 ('cause I'm cheap and lazy), but I will... eventually. I swear![/color]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='joshdude89']I like DDR alot and I have a PS2 but I mostly play it at the mall and pwn noobs. :animesmil[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Blue]I enjoy playing in malls too. Well, I enjoy playing anywhere in public. I'm not really into pwning n00bs or anything like that, I think thats kind of mean. I know when I was a n00b I used to hate it when a really good player started playing next to me, I was so embarrassed when that happend. Now, when I see a n00b at the arcade I usually just play on Standard and try not to show them up too much ^_^. However, when I'm playing by myself or someone else really good I pwn Heavy Mode. I mostly like 8 and 9 footers, I haven't completed a 10 footer in public yet. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I'm new at DDR. I got my brother to get the Nintendo Mix of it (We only own Nintendo Systems in my house) and it's fun!

I like going to the arcade on Thursdays every once in awhile, because nobody's there! When I went on a Saturday one time, there where some people watching me dance, and I'm so bad at it! I didn't even know how to change the song to easy mode! :animeshy: I think it was I was playing DDR Extreme 2 or something...[/COLOR]

Well, I guess a DDR update is in order.

I can get a B on Max 300 Heavy now.

I can [i]almost[/i] pass MaxX Unlimited Heavy.

I can easily pass Sakura on heavy. I've gotten an A before.

I passed Paranoia Survivor Heavy with a B.

I can pass "Colors" on challenge with an A (god, that song's a *****).

I've passed "Cartoon Heroes (Speedy Mix)" on Heavy with a B.

I've full-combo'd The Legend of Max Standard.

I've AA'd "A" on Heavy.

Basically, I've gotten good, I guess. And I've kind of stopped getting better, so I've begun losing interest. Well, when you play nearly every day like me, I guess every now and then you need a vacation so you can come back and kick some ***.

[QUOTE=Mitch]Well, I guess a DDR update is in order.

I can [i]almost[/i] pass MaxX Unlimited Heavy.

I've AA'd "A" on Heavy.

Basically, I've gotten good, I guess. And I've kind of stopped getting better, so I've begun losing interest. Well, when you play nearly every day like me, I guess every now and then you need a vacation so you can come back and kick some ***.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]Wow, that's awesome dude. I wish I could full combo LOM standard. Now that I think about it, I haven't really played that song on Standard since I figured out how to pass it on Heavy. I love that song "A" it's awesome, I like the part when it speeds up. And yeah, Sakura is the easiest 10 footer that I've ever played, I still can't get an A on it though.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolut1on][COLOR=Blue']Wow, that's awesome dude. I wish I could full combo LOM standard. Now that I think about it, I haven't really played that song on Standard since I figured out how to pass it on Heavy. I love that song "A" it's awesome, I like the part when it speeds up. And yeah, Sakura is the easiest 10 footer that I've ever played, I still can't get an A on it though.[/COLOR][/quote]

Yeah, I've only FC'd it a few times, but it was pretty cool.

As for "Daikenwai" - that song is insane, I love it and equally hate it towards the end where it's so intense. I think I have A'd that before. If not, at least a B. It's even more of a ***** on Challenge.

Funny thing is, Sakura on challenge is even easier than Sakura on Heavy. Sakura Heavy is fun though.

[QUOTE=Mitch]Yeah, I've only FC'd it a few times, but it was pretty cool.

As for "Daikenwai" - that song is insane, I love it and equally hate it towards the end where it's so intense. I think I have A'd that before. If not, at least a B. It's even more of a ***** on Challenge.

Funny thing is, Sakura on challenge is even easier than Sakura on Heavy. Sakura Heavy is fun though.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]I agree, Daikenkai does have some really tricky steps. The easiest way to do well on it is to double step everything. I find the Challenge steps sort of easier, they just make more sense to me. Everytime I play the song I end up facing away from the screen by the time the song's over. Yeah, I also wonder why Sakura is a 10 on Heavy but a 9 on Challenge, I think they should switch it around in future mixes. [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest CatNip_OD
You play it at home, at the arcade (mostly for attention, though) and even at your friends house. You know what I'm talking about- DDR! The best athletic-type game ever made! I noticed it's the only game most anime-otaku ppl play it, because I guess we're all into the whole Japanese game thing. I think it's great, I usually play at the heavy level, but sometimes I have to go on standard for a few songs like Speed Over Beethoven, Cartoon Heroes, and Witch Doctor. Anyway, I just want to know what everyone's favorite songs are and what level you all like to play on. ^^

[size=1][color=blue]Merged the threads. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revolut1on][COLOR=Blue']I agree, Daikenkai does have some really tricky steps. The easiest way to do well on it is to double step everything. I find the Challenge steps sort of easier, they just make more sense to me. Everytime I play the song I end up facing away from the screen by the time the song's over. Yeah, I also wonder why Sakura is a 10 on Heavy but a 9 on Challenge, I think they should switch it around in future mixes. [/COLOR][/quote]

I actually find Daikenkai harder on Challenge just cause of that right, up, down, left, repeat part. I have more trouble on that then I do with the last quarter of Healing Vision -Angelic Mix-.

But then again, I can full combo that whole stream at the end of Healing Vision -Angelic Mix-

[QUOTE=Mitch]Well, I guess a DDR update is in order.

I can almost pass MaxX Unlimited Heavy.

I've AA'd "A" on Heavy.
[/QUOTE]

Wow... you try PSMO yet?

[FONT=Arial]Aaah, I love DDR so much. Whenever my boyfriend and I go out on a date, we go to Q-Zar and play DDR for two hours straight. I suppose we have a few signature songs; me with "Healing Vision (Angelic Mix)" on light, and "Still In My Heart" on standard, and him with...all the hard and confusing songs. Recently, he got me into "Afronova" on standard, so I can't wait to go back to Q-Zar to dominate that again. =D

I have DDRMax at home, but my mat is a piece of crap. It was twenty dollars at Gamestop and it lasted me about six months? before it decided to stop responding to my back arrow, and to affirm a selection when I step on the left arrow instead of changing the selection. >=( I wanted to get a better mat for Christmas, or at least a new one, but I don't have any money that I can spend on myself.

I also play Stepmania, pretending like I'm on a dance mat. XD. It must be really funny to look at.

Last time my boyfriend and I went to Q-Zar, we decided to both do "End of the Century" on standard...and omgzosh. I nearly collapsed out of exhaustion. I don't have a very good respiratory system, and my stamina is that of a three centimeter long match. So, with all the triple eighth note arrows, I nearly imploded. >=( accursed triple eighth notes.

I really want to make up routines to some songs, just because I've watched videos of people doing that at [URL=http://ddrfreak.com]DDR Freak[/URL], and it inspires me. I was trying to add some flair to my Healing Vision session, so I was spinning around and stuff. I think I even got a B...although my memory probably fails me again. =P.

I'm going to make m'bee-eff take me to Q-Zar tomorrow. Mwahah. [/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Technically, I've only been playing for a month and nine days. But I'm so happy that I'm beginning to master Standard. *Grins because she can do two songs on Heavy already.* I'm already getting to catch up to my friends who have been playing for about a year now.

[quote name='Chroniosis']well, if you really want to get better, you can buy it for xbox/psx/ps2 along with a mat. it'll take a while, but soon you'll be a dancin' fool thinkin' that heavy mode is too easy[/quote] Exactly.

I would have to say that my favorite DDR game so far is Extreme 2. I love it. Favorite songs? Well...I would have to say [B]"Seduction"[/B], [B]"Colors"[/B], [B]"Passion of Love"[/B], [B]"Look To The Sky"[/B], [B]"air"[/B], and [B]"un deux trois"[/B] are my current favorites.

The last time I went to the mall and played, I was just barely starting Light Mode. Now, I can't wait to go back to show my friends how much better I've gotten. *I tried DDR for the first time in Public, and I sucked. XD*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest YudokuHana
DDR has got to be, the most awesome game in the entire world. I love it sooo much, that I, so far, have harassed all my friends into playing it at least three times with me. Along with that, I bugged my parents for three years straight to buy me DDR. I finally got it this year for X-mas, and lately, thats all I have been doing, besides sitting here, on the computer, chatting, posting, etc...

I would have to say, my favorite songs are, Captain Jack (the remake), Polovtsian Dances and Chorus ( I <3 this song sooo much), Drop the Bomb, Dub I Dub, Boom Boom Dollar, and... *hmmms* Well, many others.

As for the ratings... I can play beginner, duuurrrr, light as well (I get AA's and AAA's, thankfully) standard (A's and AA's) and Heavy... I can pass them, but, some are waaaay too hard. (Ran across a song that was all off beats). As for Challenge... I dont want to even talk about that... -_-''.

DDR looks really interesting and I'm eager to try it out for the first time. Unfortunately every time I go to the store to buy a copy they're always out of what seems to be the original DDR game (I see titles like "Extreme" and so on, but I can't seem to find any other DDR game at game stores around here).

It's interesting that someone on here said 6 months... from what I hear from friends, pads should last a little longer than that. Selecting a mat can be difficult so I hear. I'm told that the actual hard DDR platforms are best (the metal platforms), and yet they are also quite a bit more expensive.

I'm not very good at dancing but from what I've seen at DDR competitions at the mall it isn't really dancing, it's more stepping on the right things at the right moments (although I have seen a lot of people do their own dance moves in DDR, seems more along the lines of rhythm than dancing). I certainly hope it'll be fun for me still.

You know I'm actually preparing to play DDR so that when I go to AnimeNEXT I don't look like a complete fool (between DDR and Mario Kart DS competitions it should be fun... I'm hoping for many Korean individuals to attend, when there are GW is typically played competitively as most Korean guild members bring their entire teams... as OB QKT members should know, I?m very competitive with many Korean guilds... been a member of a few).

Does anyone have some tips for someone getting into DDR for the first time?

[FONT=Arial]I bring results from today's hardcore DDRing.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/0102061623.jpg[/IMG]
Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) - Light - B

I was pretty tired by the time my boyfriend and I did this (again). As I've said, my stamina sucks. We'd all ready played...maybe 12 songs? varying from Captain Jack on standard (O_O too hard) to TwinBee (he was on heavy, while I stayed safe on standard).

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/0102061628.jpg[/IMG]
Rhythm and Police - Light - A

I did this one alone, because I forced him to rest. I straight combo-ed it, I think (270 in a row?) but still. I don't quite understand why all Perfects and Greats don't amount to a AA. >=(

We also did Afronova on standard a lot, as well as A on standard, and Tsugaru on standard (I can do the first set of gallops pretty well). He did double mode a lot, trying Burning the Floor and A.

Persocomblues, I'd suggest you start really slowly. =P Extreme is a very good version...the original DDR was for either Dreamcast or PS1 or something, so I'm not sure if you'd really want to try it out. I'm not sure how Extreme works, but I think there should be a Training Mode or something. It's best if you start on beginner and work your way up. You'll know when it's time to try a different level (or a faster song) when the difficulty you're on gets boring. Good luck, and happy dancing. =D[/FONT]