What kind of guy/girl would you most want to date  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of guy/girl would you most want to date

• someone popular or good-looking
    • someone intelligent
    • someone that your comfortable around
    • someone funny
    • someone creative

OMG Becky, those boys should just totally take me to dinner and spend all that money their parents gave them on ME, cause I'm so special. ME ME ME ME.

Guys aren't gonna know where to take a girl on a date. It'll be like every date... dinner and a movie... or hangin out at the mall with all her annoying friends. (which by the way is the worst thing ever) A first date should be like a movie... a guy should pay his ticket, and a girl should pay hers. As far as the movie goes... comedys are a good choice because usually they aren't too full of action for the guys, yet they contain romance for the ladies... and they're funny, and laughing makes everyone happy.

No kissing on the first date either, unless you're a whore or just looking to hook up... that can wait till you know each other a little better beyond how immature the guy is and how incredibly annoying the girl's voice is.

Guest hacker111
never kiss on your first date, kiss on the thrid or when the guy/girl is ready, i should know i go on dates alot so listen to what i have to say all ways be nice and dont be :babble: talker listen to them or they will turn to the devil :devil: then you'll get in a fight :flaming: and will most likely hate each other :mad:

That is advice that will probably help me since I haven't been on a date in a while. I have heard about the no kissing on a first date thing before, but I don't think it makes you seem like anything. I would think that the movies would be a good idea for a first date just never plan your first date on V Day cause their may be many expectations that you just can't live up to yet.

[size=1][color=purple]Well the movies can be pretty good sometimes, (I recently asked my boyfriend to come with me to go see Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen just to see if he would. He did. I can be so mean sometimes. :D ) but I like to be able to sit and talk with a guy, so I'd say dinner is better, but it's still not the thing for me. I think I just set my standards too high sometimes. Anyways, I'd have to agree with everyone else about going to the mall. I always feel so bad because I'm usually the one looking around, while Kevin, (my boyfriend,) is just standing around with no clue of what to do. I like to do something where we can be together and we can both have fun.[/size]

[b]~S.A.~[/b] :angel:[/color]

I've never gone out with a guy I just met. It's always a guy I've been friends with for a while, gotten to know, you know, all that good stuff. I suppose because of this I'm basically pretty comfortable on a first date. I don't really have to do anything in general, although I rarely do that whole hang out with a ton of friends thing, I find it annoying heh. I like something personal, I'm not too much a fan of the theater either. I like going for walks and talking, some sort of food involved and yea. I'm a dork, and I'm pure, so hah! ^_^;;

[color=darkorchid]Dinner and a movie are a good idea, but rather cliche. If it's nice out I'd suggest going to an amuesment park or something in that area. Local festivals are a good idea too.

Don't talk about yourself too much it gets annoying to the other person. INstead ask questions and anwer them. Holding hands is just fine, lots of peopel hold hands. If you really want to, kiss, but don't swallow the poor person's face or anything.

If the weather is crappy in your area, take in a movie then maybe go to some fast food restuaruant. Don't see anything scary or romantic unless you planned on having someone cling to you for a good 2 hrs or you really wanted to be hated. At dinner you can talk about the movie it's actually a decent ice breaker.

That's all the advice I have for you. Stay away from sports altho hockey is always good with me as is baseball. Don't make her get too messy as some girls really are girl girls. Okay peace![/color]

To all the guys, just ignore this thread completely. Girls never know what they really want. They'll say something this time and if you ask this question again they'll say something else. Just go for a the general movie/hang out option in a public place to make both of you feel comfortable. As dates progress shift more towards private places.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Definitely. . I mean, what?. .

I have gone of quite a few dates. . some that led anywhere. . some that didn't. .Still though, I often find that some of the women that seem a little too 'willing' to give a guy some 'action' (not necessarily sex) turn out to be psychotic, and not really mentally stable. . That turns out to be a problem in the very short run. Which, in turn becomes a problem in itself.

I have gone out with a few women. . and unfortunately, they all turned out to be crazy. Some turned out to be dinner and a movie type. Some turned out to be a picnic type, some turned out to be just a relaxing around the house type *evil grin*. . Anyways, you never know. . just ask, and find out what they want to do. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Guys, take my advice: don't bother trying to figure out some 'perfect date plan'. It won't work. Why not? Because all girls are insane. I believe it happens around puberty.

Your best bet is to let her call all the shots on the date, and even then, there's a chance she still might not like it. Do'nt try to understand, just go with it.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=indigo]Okay, maybe I should just say this- Both sexes take my advice, don't strive for perfection because that just gets you more stressed out in the long run.

Try to learn about eachother-this is a first date, not The BAchelor or The Bachelorette. Find things that you both enjoy. DOn't go crazy trying to make this teh most memorable occasion of your life, all you're doing is spending time with a person, not proposing marriage!

The worst thing that can ever happen on a date is that a person gets too caught up in how the whole thing is going that they forget to have fun which generally turns into a date from hell and you never go out again.

Girls, I'm married to one of the least romantic guys in the universe, the guy asked me if I would put up with his crap for the rest of my life when he proposed. When I say this i mean don't expect flowers of any type on a first date, infact, consider yourself lucky if the guy didn't over kill it on the cologne and his socks match. Don't base the date on whether he brings you something or takes you somewhere fancy, base it on how he/she treats you, does he listen to what you say or interupt you every six seconds.

As for the guys, I really don't know what to say except, try not to trip over yourself to be uber romantic-to be quite honest, it can freak some girls out big time. BE polite, if you take your signifigant (or in this case hopefully signifigant) other out to dinner, pull out or chair, but please don't order for the person, it's a big no no! GIve a compliment, but don't over do it. And for Lady's sake, don't bathe in Nautica Competition (or any other cologne) this person is planning on breathing for teh duration of the date.

Okay, maybe my advice was bad, but hey, it's the best I can do considering that most of my dates consisted of a movie, dinner, or a disaterous day at an amusement park. But hey, it beats staying at home and watching the grass grow.[/color]

[color=yellowgreen][font=comic sans MS]I have to agree with noryko...Any girl that ive dated that wanted to give it up on the first date or 2 turned out to have some serious issue of some kind...

The no kiss first date rule is a good one to follow other then that I tend to go with dinner and a walk either to the beach or park...Im not big into going to movies for the first few dates because you dont get to talk to her for about 2 hours and id rather spend that time getting to know the person.

There are no set rules for dating...Never will be just be yourself and do what you think works right. :D [/color][/font]

[size=1][color=red] I find threads like this pointless heh.

I haven't dated a woman, I haven't done anything with a woman. And I'm glad to say that.

I didn't even read any of the advice in this thread. It's all just what other people think.

All I know is that if I were to take a woman on a date. . .it wouldn't be some formal dinner or whatnot. It'd be something that is me, and something that I'd do. And formal dinners are boring, mostly.

Maybe I'd write a poem and read it to her, or read some of my poems, or works, or whatever. Something better than just a lame dinner date.

Maybe a quid pro quo type of thing.

Anyway, yeah. Have to go.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Transtic Nerve']Don't forget, some girls like to drink lots of beer and smoke lots of pot, then have sex with any random guy and never remember it. Those are keepers.[/quote]
That is kinda obvious, but I guess some people just need to be told the obvious these days. These girls are the keepers. Make sure you avoid them like the plague if they start talking about relationships though.

Guest Midnight Rush
[quote name='Harry']To all the guys, just ignore this thread completely. Girls never know what they really want. They'll say something this time and if you ask this question again they'll say something else. Just go for a the general movie/hang out option in a public place to make both of you feel comfortable. As dates progress shift more towards private places.[/quote]

he is right. If you want to know how to tkae a girl on a date (ie-time place progression ect.) why would you ask a girl!? That seems kind of odd, because their answer will be tailored to thier desires. As far as date "planning" itself goes, originality that doens't make her feel unsafe or uncomfortable is best.

Going for something that won't freak her out, yet make her feel like she is worth more than just a toy to you is ideal. But remember! NEVER overstep where you have made progress with in your relationship! Don't buy her expensive things at the start, don't ever make her feel like you are rushing things (rushing is defined as going over the ideal pace) for any reason especially not sexual.

Don't overfocus on her, making her feel like some kind of conversation piece, but keep things to a 60-40 in her favor balance. If a girl feels like a conversation piece you won't be kissing her goodbye thats for sure.

And since I am on the subject of kissing, lets explore that a little too. Don't push for a kiss on the first date, if it comes cool, if not don't worry. By second or third date it wouldn't be inappropriate to lean in for a kiss, but if she's not digging it back off quick lol.

And most importantly of all!!! NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM THE INTERNET ON DATING! I don't know your girl, don't know the situation, don'tr know the lifestyle or expectations, and sure as hell don't know you! So it would be insane to take advice on anything important from the internet!

[quote name='Undefeated']If you want to know how to tkae a girl on a date (ie-time place progression ect.) why would you ask a girl!? That seems kind of odd, because their answer will be tailored to thier desires.[/quote]
[SIZE=1]...God forbid.

Honestly, I think that would be cute. [b]"So....[i]hypothetically[/i]....what would your ideal first date be?" [/b]

If she likes ya and is willing to go out with you, she'll play along. If not, you'll get a slightly alarmed look and a vague "I...dunno.." answer, and you can pretend it was a joke and go around asking other random people the same question. [/size]

Otay, so I might be an old fashion Southern Gentleman, but I have had to revamp some of my old ways to deal with ladies new age/ways. (probley is the reason why I'm still single LOL :D )
I have usally stuck w/the dinner then play it by ear way. I liked to talk and listen to get to know this other person who has graced me w/her presence. As for this 1rst kiss/1rst date topic= new to me, which would bring up another ?. What about the good night kiss/hug, and how the kissing of the hand play?

Otay so it's late in the hour and my mind is starting to ramble(run away, run away)

Bona na Croin,
Bosn

Girls are people, not some simple-minded animal that can be grouped very specifically based on things they always do. You have to deal with things on a case by case basis and that's what I do.

What would be fun in knowing every last thing about girls in the first place? I like the spontaneity of going with the flow.

Dates are worthless, the best girls I have ever met I didn't go on any dates with for a while. Going out on a date with someone you don't know well is uncomfortable and you spend too much time thinking about things to say and trying to make yourself interesting. My best plans were:

1. Hang out with a bunch of friends, bring a potential girlfriend along to hang out with

2. Just talk, if she doesn't have to leave to go home or something then she probably likes you and you can move on from there.

3. What landed me my girlfriend was hanging out as friends then going on a roadtrip across the country alone together. I can't say that this would be an easy one! :smirk:

[size=1][color=navy]Recently I've been going on quite a few dates. I don't care where we go, I have fun anywhere he takes me. In this small town all there really is to do is go skating and to the movies, so we do just that. I'm not some drunken crazed nazi(don't take that the wrong way >>) that changes her mind every five seconds. Nothing has to be perfect. Just do whatever you feel like on a date. Go where you both will feel comfortable and you will know you'll have a good time. It's nothing to stress over. Hope that gives slightly good advice.... >>
Peace![/color][/size]

If dinner and a movie are your best options, then Studio movie grill would be your best bet. Comfortable atmosphere, good food, good movies.

However, if your going to impress by taking her to your favourite burger joint, then make sure you pick a good thetre with awesome seats(anybody in my city knows what I'm talking about)

Just make sure that both of you dont fall into the stereotypical first date conversations. Guy talks about himself alot, and girl acts like she cares, and then calls friends and asks to bail her out. I've known to many girls to do this, and it's quite funny, yet very sad for the guy, because he doesn't know what the hell happened.

AS a guy, confusion es no bueno. once we get confused, we turn into stupid apes who just hit things and yell alot. Then we hate it when the girl makes sense and shows us that we are completely retarded.
Gotta love male pride

[QUOTE=Undefeated]

And most importantly of all!!! NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM THE INTERNET ON DATING! I don't know your girl, don't know the situation, don'tr know the lifestyle or expectations, and sure as hell don't know you! So it would be insane to take advice on anything important from the internet![/QUOTE]

Then why did you post advice on dating, if you dont want anybody to take advice on it. It seems a waste of typing energy to me.....

I have to say something here for the guys that all the girls are gonna hate me for but women were put on this earth to punish and torment men for every. Not beening sexist or anything but my past three girl friends made my life living hell.
Girl no 1 was a complete whore and was in it for one thing. ( I werent copmlaining but then she went and told everyone what i was like.)
Girl 2 Seemed great. Took all my money and dumped me cause she said i was boring. Girl 3 i was not boring to cause i was with her all the time and then she dumped me cause i was too glingy. Damn i anyone figures out a womans mind then please tell me cause i will praise the ground yo wall on like a god. But one good thing the best girl i ever had before THEM ( Shudders) we split up but she is still one of my best friends. :D