OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

I like the show, but it isn't my favorite anime of all time. My favorite anime of all time is a secret.

Jersey

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Again, please try and add more detail to your posts in future. Elaborate on what it is you do or don't like about the series, for example. This'll make it far more interesting for everyone else to read. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grifstar
I've seen alot of Inuyasha.. well, more than the "ordinary fan that sees it on AS" has. It's not my "OMG I'm SOOO obessed with!" anime, but I like it. Actually after watching some more newer series I been getting recnetly it's ranking has kinda fallen a bit.

I've seen up to 113, but I'm taking a short break from it being that I have too many others I'm getting (MLR{Matantei Loki Ragnarok}, FMA{Fullmetal Alchemist}, Saiyuki, etc). Probably my 2 favs songs is Grip and Fukai Mori/Deep Forest.. and favorite character would probably be Bankotsu ^_^(well, he ownz in the first ep he's in).. then again there's no one I truely hate from that series which is one of the reasons why I like it.. well.. Kouga kinda annoys me ><, and sometimes Kagome

I watch it. God do I watch it. Ive lost many a friend because I wont shut up about it. Ive read a few of the mangas. Im such a fan I know the names of several voices. Gotta love Sango! My one problem with it is that now that CN is airing it, all these people are sitting around saying how much they know! Can they name several of the voices? No :smirk: . Can they remember every line to pretty much every episode? No :mad: ! Can they even spell Tetsugaia right!? NO :flaming: !! WHAHAHAHA!

Jeez, being a fan isn't all about knowing trivia. That kind of attitude won't get you anywhere, and it certainly doesn't give you bragging rights. There will [i]always[/i] be someone who owns more R2 DVDs, limited edition pencil boards and little figurines than you do; there will always be maniacs who download Inuyasha raws the instant they're released (without knowing a single phrase of Japanese). Generally speaking, these type of people need to get a life--not because they love a certain show or anime in general, but because they often look down on those who don't keep up with all the latest digisubs or pre-order R1 DVDs up the wazoo.

You are not your post count, you are not your computer, and you are most certainly not your DVD collection or (heaven forbid) the size of your backlog. Learn to appreciate anime without condemning those who have just begun to watch it. And on a side note, it's "Tetsusaiga," not "Tetsugaia." Ah, the irony...

Anyway, I'm less than impressed by CN's new episodes. I stopped enjoying this show sometime in the middle of its second season, but I guess I'll keep on watching it--if only to kill time between Gundam SEED and Wolf's Rain. >_> I feel as though Inuyasha is becoming exponentially more powerful with a minimum of actual effort. The sheer scope of his new abilities basically makes the rest of the cast look useless. Miroku can probably still hold his own, but Sango and Kagome might as well stick to the sidelines from now on. I mean, how could they possibly aid someone who's capable of levelling mountains?

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnimePirateLass
Hey! Anyone know if Inuysha has been canceled on YTV? :(

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the existing Inu-Yasha thread. Please run a search for existing topics before starting a new one.

Also, please add more detail to your posts. I understand you're just asking a question, but try and elaborate on it if you can. One sentence-posts are generally considered spam at OtakuBoards. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gale
Who is Kagome's dad? Where is he supposed to be in show? Is he dead? Was there a devorce or something? Did he just vanish? Sorry, but geeez. This has been bothering for a while now. Does anyone know?

Inu-Yasha is a really cool anime! I love watching it! I think Miroku is just a little obsessed over Sango. Just a little. Anyone who hates Inu-Yasha should be tortured for life. I really think Inu-Yasha is cool in his human form! Does anyone know who he likes better? Is it Kagome or Kikyo? I think he likes Kagome more but who knows.

Guest SessyAndShiruri
for the people who have seen "what i truly want" on inuyasha this is for you

in this episode inuyasha choses kikyo over kagome now im not really a kagome fan but i kinda feel bad for her my question is
who do you think inuyasha should have chosen

kikyo?

Kagome?

Or you?:therock: [img]http://store.yahoo.com/kingofdeals/anegcekey.html[/img]

[size=1][b][color=green]I merged your thread with this pre-existing Inu Yasha thread, which is here to discuss anything and everything about the anime. Please run a check for another topic about an anime you want to post about. Thank you, and welcome to OtakuBoards. - PiroMunkie[/color][/size][/b]

Frankly, I think that the anime is making a big deal about nothing. Inuyasha doesn't truly [i]have[/i] a choice. Kikyo is dead, and Kagome is alive. Deciding between death and life should be a fairly straightforward matter, especially for such a simplistic character as he. I would have been able to handle a certain amount of demonic angst, but the show just goes totally overboard in terms of wishy-washy agonizing.

He can either stay by Kagome's side and get revenge on Naraku for Kikyo's sake as well as his, or wander off to die with Kikyo and let all his hard work become meaningless. I'm not even a big fan of Kagome, heh. It's just that I can't see any true advantages to choosing Kikyo, unless Inuyasha suddenly becomes suicidal.

By the way, the episode you mentioned is somewhat misleading. :p You'll see what I mean as you continue watching the series.

~Dagger~

Guest inuyasha_gurl
[COLOR=Magenta][B][FONT=Arial]ok....well...inuyasha's my most favorite anime in the world! way better than any other i've seen so far and also my favorite song on there is "Every Heart" by BoA! i'm listening it to it right now..hee hee i downloaded it...and sesshoumaru is so damn hot! :tasty:[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Some of you are not noticing the simplistic yet addictive story line of Inuyasha.The only reason I watch the show is because of the love story within the story how Kagome and Inuyasha feel about each other yet are both to hard headed and naive to tell one another, but at the same time Miroku and Sango have a relationship, but Miroku's pervish nature always ruins deep moments.

I think its a great story I myself wonder why he would still want Kikyo considering Kagome is Kikyo she just doesn't possess the knowledge Kikyo knows since they both come from diffrent Age's which is another region I watch the show the love triangle between Kagome, Inuyasha, and Kikyo.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]i think inuyasha is a pretty good show, and he's cute too w/ those doggy ears ^^ the story has stories within itself, sorta sub-plots. inuyasha's love triangle with kikyo and kagome, and miroku's relationship with sango. i think there are others, but its a pretty good show. (repeating myself -.-''')[/COLOR]

yeah, Inuyasha rules. It definently has a storng and very wild complicated plot. I've even tried explaining it to a couple of my non-anime friends. But they became confused by the time I reached my second sentence. But it's quite funny actually! (kind of like this):fart:

my theories on InuYasha
1) Sesshoumaru's heart will melt. (may be caused by exposure to Rin)
2) Miroku will never stop being a perverted monk, but he will tone it down on the girls. (for Sango
3) Kikyo will either die or be murdered by Inuyasha
4) Miroku will admit love for Sango or vice-versa
5) Inuyasha will admit his love for Kagome (i have no idea why I was about to type Sango)
6) Naraku will eventually be destroyed (I mean, he's the bad guy, he's gotta die sometime)
7) Sesshoumaru will master the tenseiga

:) Me and my friend, Devin are obsessed with Inuyasha! She more than I, but that's not the point! We both believe that in the end, Miroku and Sango will get together and Inuyasha will admit his feelings to Kagome. She says that Sesshoumaru will eventually die. *cries, hits Devin* He can't die! I know he won't. Because if he does... I'LL DO SOMETHING DRASTIC! [B][I][U]VERY DRASTIC!!![/U][/I][/B]

Devin: *backs against wall, scared and holding head in pain* Oh no. She's at it again. Someone call the Nut House!

Well, i would have to say Inuyasha is probably one of the most interesting anime's that i have ever seen other than FLCL(one of the most confusing, disturbed, and wierd anime's i have ever seen)and most of the time there is always something to laugh about. It just cracks me up when Inuyasha and Kagome get into fight and most of the time they are over really stupid things if you actually take time to notice. hehe. Oh ya, and the Miroku and Sango thing going on give me a brake they already like each other you can tell so why don' t they tell one another already, but i guess that's just how it goes. Whoever produced Inuyasha(i can't think of who right now but i know so you don't have to tell me)must really like seeing people get all worked up over little stuff like that though.Whatever.

Anyways i'll go on and stop wasting your time.As for the episodes on adult swim, i would have to say that it's coming along pretty good. I just hate when it drags on episodes at a time, not that i don't like Inuyasha. It's actually one of my favorite, but i'm not complete obsessed with it either or any other anime that i know of. I just freak out when i miss an episode that i wanted to see, but then again they always have reruns or i can get it when it come out on dvd.

I would say that i am very open to things and like a variety of other anime's. Otherwise for the most part i would have to say that Inuyasha is probably one of the most popular anime's out there with a diversity of other styles such as comedy and action.

Guest Inuyasha&Kagome
I love Inuyasha!!!!! I think it's the best anime ever! But something puzzles me. Who does he like? Kagome or Kikyo?

• 4 weeks later...
[color=darkviolet]Short and sweet announcement that people can add to if they wish.

I read in Animerica that Viz is releasing the first InuYasha movie, Love that Transends Time, in select cities in America this summer. (That part is to assure you that this isn't just some internet rumor) I kind of hope that one of the cities is mine.

Has anyone gotten to see the movie prior to this release? I have a really bad fansub copy on a disc that can only be played on my computer. The delay with the subtitles is pretty bad so I don't really know what they're saying until after they say it. So I think it would be nice to see the actual good footage.

Of course, even if the movie isn't released anywhere near where I live (or other people for that matter) that does mean that the movie will be avaible on DVD like Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away so I can throw out the fansub.

Do you think this may prompt other anime movies to be released to the US and Canada? And if they show this movie in your area will you go see it even if it's dubbed? [/color]

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'd go to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It comes out on September 7, but the odds of it being released in Albuquerque are :p. So I might as well wait for it to come out on DVD in English. :(

I appreciate your excitement, Sailor Ganymede, but I think you may have gone a [i]bit[/i] overboard with the capitals. ^_^;

Just for the sake of clarification, all movies/OVAs which relate directly to a particular series can be discussed in that show's official topic. There are some exceptions--i.e. Ghost in the Shell, a movie that had its own thriving thread long before Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was released. Many people who've watched the Samurai X OVAs have no interest in Rurouni Kenshin (and vice versa) so we've chosen to give the two productions separate topics. However, conversation about the various Cardcaptor Sakura, One Piece, Inuyasha, etc. films should be located only in the corresponding television show's main thread.

~Dagger~

I can't wait until the movie comes out!!! inu yasha kicks ***!!!! My first episode i saw was when they first introduced shippou and the thunder brothers...I was watching ytv and they say whats coming up next and they said inu yasha i was intrigued so i stayed up to watch what was inu yasha. I was overjoyed when i discovered it was anime so i stayed and watched it...it had me on the edge of my seat. After it was over i ran upstairs to my computer to see if it was on any other times....it wasn't but im glad I can watch it on friday

[quote name='Sailor Ganymede']tell me how can you get ytv? I don't think I have it on my TV, and I am a major otaku. Anyways, the first episode I saw of Inuyasha was episode 10 (Phantom Showdown!) and it rocked! ^^[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Ytv is a television station in Canada. (The only reason I know this is because I've been to Toronto too many times to count) Meaning that you can only get YTv in Canada and I'm not even sure which provences it shows in. Meaning that if you don't live in Canada, you probably won't be able to get Ytv. It's like living in Rochester and trying to get Fox34 from Syracuse because you got it in Canadaigua and you think they may still play SailorMoon. It can't be done.

First episode of InuYasha I saw was the one with Yura of the Demon hair. I watched it at Poxon Guest house in Ft. Hood TX. I also made Lincoln watch with me.

Of course, my first exposure to InuYasha was the Manga I borrowed from one of my friends. that was back in 2001 and I didn't know if it was made into an anime yet.

One thing that's getting me about the dub (besides the voices, barring Koga because his VA is Scott O'neil who also voiced Duo :love: ) is how they pronounce some of the words. and I don't mean the Japanese names I mean actual english words. How the hell can you misspronounce Priestess? InuYasha's VA seems to be adding the ess on as an after thought. :mad:

Then there's mistranslation, and changing the attacks. It's enough to make you want to write Rumiko Takahashi a condolance letter.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Ytv is a television station in Canada. (The only reason I know this is because I've been to Toronto too many times to count) Meaning that you can only get YTv in Canada and I'm not even sure which provences it shows in. Meaning that if you don't live in Canada, you probably won't be able to get Ytv. It's like living in Rochester and trying to get Fox34 from Syracuse because you got it in Canadaigua and you think they may still play SailorMoon. It can't be done.

First episode of InuYasha I saw was the one with Yura of the Demon hair. I watched it at Poxon Guest house in Ft. Hood TX. I also made Lincoln watch with me.

Of course, my first exposure to InuYasha was the Manga I borrowed from one of my friends. that was back in 2001 and I didn't know if it was made into an anime yet.[/color][/QUOTE]

damn, can't get it? *wahh* now I wish I lived in Canada. yes, Inuyasha was made into an anime in 2000, actually. and what volume was it that your friend lent you? my first Inuyasha manga I lent from my friend (which was how I got into Inuyasha, domo arigatou Annie!) was the 14th volume, and it was COOL! second one was number 9, third was number 16, fourth was 17, and the most recent one was number 3. ^^