Kingdom Hearts 2

Rachael

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I just saw the commercial. I...I...

I was typing on the computer and I heard the music with the lyrics in [B][I]INGLES[/I][/B]

I already hear the song because of a friend of mine in japanese... so as soon as I heard it, I recognized it.

I don't know what to feel. That's just how happy I am that it's finally coming out. :confused:

I can't wait to play this game... I found a website that had a the WHOLE soundtrack (among other Square Enix games). I didn't listen to it yet, other than "Scherzo Di Notte" (The Hollow Bastion Fight Theme, the BEST FIGHT SONG IN KH I!!!! imao) only because I absolutely couldn't wait to hear the new one, and "Sinister Sundown" (can you say Twlight Town?) because it sounded so cool in Chain of Memories... :p

PM me if ya want da site. (I not bopping off you, Chef, I'm just trying to help 'feed the hungary.') ;) [/FONT][/COLOR]

Wow I really haven't been here in a long time, but anyway it looks like where talking about the music in KH and I must say the music in the first is amazing and from what I have listened to the second is going to be even better. Oh also before I end this, did this game come out today? Because I saw on a different forum that they just got it and they thought it was amazing.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]This is the first time I've heard this version of Passion. I have the Japanese (which I love) the really slow and not as good English version, and oooooh man. I am soo glad to have finally heard this. Utada is love. This is amazing!! I am beyond excited for Thursday *laughs* Thanks, Swedish Chef![/FONT][/COLOR]

I wasn't able to get it I hate myself but Im gonna get it tomarrow but I've seen the intro & it is superb Utada Hikaru is still my favorite japanese pop singer Simple & Clean was a master piece to keep for anyone but Passion...OMG! I was like no way I love it no dissapointment really was anyone able to get the game?

[quote name='FLCLdude0189']I wasn't able to get it I hate myself but Im gonna get it tomarrow but I've seen the intro & it is superb Utada Hikaru is still my favorite japanese pop singer Simple & Clean was a master piece to keep for anyone but Passion...OMG! I was like no way I love it no dissapointment really was anyone able to get the game?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[COLOR=Indigo]I got the game in January LOL.. Freaking japanese vers.. I'm beginning to regret buying it and spoiling the story for me T_T... BUT IT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME !! And yeah you might faint when you start expereincing the power that is Dual Weilding[/COLOR].[/FONT]

Damit!!! I won't be able to play it tomorrow... waaaa.... I'm going to have an assignment in Physics due the next day and I'm only getting it tomorrow and a take-home test in Biology... waaaaa I'm going to try and finish my homework/test ASAP. I hope I'll have the time.
So... duel wielding?? hmm... well mostly I can't wait to fight along side Auron and posibly go to Pirates place, but the graphics for there didn't look to gamey

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/reviews.php?pid=915410[/url]
[COLOR=Red]Gamespot has their review in. Which is pretty good althoguh I would think the game would have been scored higher.I was dissapointed to find out this game is pretty easy. Id think it would be harrder.

[url]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698697p1.html[/url]
IGN also reviewd it. Do not read unless you want to throw your computer out a window and write angry letters.I think this review was unfair. This is why I HATE IGN.

[url]http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3149052&did=1[/url]
Finnaly we have 1up.com which scored it the highest. This is a pretty good review.

So KH ranged from good to great. I dont care needless to say Ill play the game and see for myself.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Samurai Mix][url]http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/reviews.php?pid=915410[/url]
[COLOR=Red]
IGN also reviewd it. Do not read unless you want to throw your computer out a window and write angry letters.I think this review was unfair. This is why I HATE IGN.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Why should this review surprise you? Kingdom Hearts relies primarily on fan service; the core "game" of Kingdom Hearts ranged from terrible to mediocre. For example, look at the butchered level design (again, of the first Kingdom Hearts). It relied on incessant backtracking and dull scenarios, such as collecting fruit. The gameplay seemed, if anything, an intermission between the fantastic cut scenes. Kingdom Hearts 2 does away with the backtracking, but the IGN reviewer was displeased that the worlds are still incredibly linear and the difficulty has been reduced significantly, making the game too easy. So, unsurprisingly, the gameplay once again comes second to the cutscenes. I'm sure that the improved combat system will provide some entertainment but the game should be taken to task for its poor level layout and lame difficulty setting. Hopefully Square at least did more justice to the Disney properties it ruined last time. I'm really only looking forward to playing this just to see how they're represented.

Anyway, I, for one, am glad that at least some reviewers aren't giving this game unwarranted praise just because it's an anticipated title.

[QUOTE=Samurai Mix][url]http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/reviews.php?pid=915410[/url]
[COLOR=Red]Gamespot has their review in. Which is pretty good althoguh I would think the game would have been scored higher.I was dissapointed to find out this game is pretty easy. Id think it would be harrder.

IGN also reviewd it. Do not read unless you want to throw your computer out a window and write angry letters.I think this review was unfair. This is why I HATE IGN.

[url]http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3149052&did=1[/url]
Finnaly we have 1up.com which scored it the highest. This is a pretty good review.

So KH ranged from good to great. I dont care needless to say Ill play the game and see for myself.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Hmm abot that whole ign thing only a crazed fanboy would do something stupid like that. If they gave it a bad review they gave it a bad reviw why do you care huh? Does this affect you in any way? Also 7.6 is fair if they kept the gameplay the same since before it was bleh.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Hmm abot that whole ign thing only a crazed fanboy would do something stupid like that. If they gave it a bad review they gave it a bad reviw why do you care huh? Does this affect you in any way? Also 7.6 is fair if they kept the gameplay the same since before it was bleh.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red]Alright from reading your past posts you havent even beaten the first game. You didnt even beat the thrid level. So stop trying to know what your talking about. I care because it gives pepole like yourself reasons to go around bashing the game you know nothing about. I feel IGN gives bad reviews like MGS ACID a 6.5? It desrved better than that. Jade Empire a 9.9 their highest grade for a decent game.
I just cant stand unjust reviews. Your entitled to your opinion but when 1000s of pepole are reading this review they are going to think oh KH2 is crap. I want reviewrs to look at games with an equal eye.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Samurai Mix][COLOR=Red]Alright from reading your past posts you havent even beaten the first game. You didnt even beat the thrid level. So stop trying to know what your talking about. I care because it gives pepole like yourself reasons to go around bashing the game you know nothing about. I feel IGN gives bad reviews like MGS ACID a 6.5? It desrved better than that. Jade Empire a 9.9 their highest grade for a decent game.
I just cant stand unjust reviews. Your entitled to your opinion but when 1000s of pepole are reading this review they are going to think oh KH2 is crap. I want reviewrs to look at games with an equal eye.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Ok look First of all I do know what im talking about. I have played enough to know that he game is goo(7.6=good) but the gameplay needed some work. And Acid getting a 6.5 is veeeeeery generous beacause it dissapointed me greatly. Also Jade Empire=awesome game not 9.9 maybe 9.7. Also good=crap WTF? Soo an equal eye means everyone thinks its great (8+) perfect?(9+). Also for your info I have already oredered my copy and I have been planning too for a while. Even if the game is aweful I will still love it for the music(only j pop I like ina game). So why don't you try and chill with the attemted flaming?

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Ok look First of all I do know what im talking about. I have played enough to know that he game is goo(7.6=good) but the gameplay needed some work. And Acid getting a 6.5 is veeeeeery generous beacause it dissapointed me greatly. Also Jade Empire=awesome game not 9.9 maybe 9.7. Also good=crap WTF? Soo an equal eye means everyone thinks its great (8+) perfect?(9+). Also for your info I have already oredered my copy and I have been planning too for a while. Even if the game is aweful I will still love it for the music(only j pop I like ina game). So why don't you try and chill with the attemted flaming?[/quote]

[COLOR=Red]No ones flaming anyone. If you were offened by my post then I aplogize. But you should play a game longer than an hour before making up your mind about it. My only wish is for games to be reviewd by more than 1 person from each site. It seems one person makes up their mind and everyone feels the same.Be it magazine or site. The whole review system disgusts me. Who do you trust if everyone is giving it a different grade? The only way is to play the game first aqnd decied for yourself.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Samurai Mix][COLOR=Red']No ones flaming anyone. If you were offened by my post then I aplogize. But you should play a game longer than an hour before making up your mind about it. My only wish is for games to be reviewd by more than 1 person from each site. It seems one person makes up their mind and everyone feels the same.Be it magazine or site. The whole review system disgusts me. Who do you trust if everyone is giving it a different grade? The only way is to play the game first aqnd decied for yourself.[/COLOR][/quote]
So if that is the case then no review should exist. They DO get as many people as they can to review that game. That is how most review sites work. Also what would you give KH2? Also I played for around 10 hours and I think that is more than enough A. I started several characters at once. B. I explored thouroughly C. You cannot get to the third level in one hour.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']So if that is the case then no review should exist. They DO get as many people as they can to review that game. That is how most review sites work. Also what would you give KH2? Also I played for around 10 hours and I think that is more than enough A. I started several characters at once. B. I explored thouroughly C. You cannot get to the third level in one hour.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red]No thats not what im saying. What im saying is that pepole should not base their opinion and dission on a review if you havent played it yourself. It sickens me that most pepole are brain washed by reviews. Thats the point im trying to get across. Stop getting so defensive. Im not insulting you.[/COLOR].

[quote name='Samurai Mix][COLOR=Red]No thats not what im saying. What im saying is that pepole should not base their opinion and dission on a review if you havent played it yourself. It sickens me that most pepole are brain washed by reviews. Thats the point im trying to get across. Stop getting so defensive. Im not insulting you.[/COLOR'].[/quote] So if you don't base your oppinion off of a review what do you base it on? Are you suggesting everyone who plays games should buy every single game too see if its any good? Hmm that sounds a little pricey. Also how am I getting defensive? I was just correcting your wrong notion of me playing one hour. Is that defensive?

^^^[COLOR=Red]There are demo discs and rental places out there.Im not suggesting everyone buy every single game out there.About the playing for an hour I was figuratively speaking. You pretty much got nowhere and didnt even get to the parts that make pepole love KH as much as they do.[/COLOR].

[quote name='Samurai Mix]^^^[COLOR=Red]There are demo discs and rental places out there.Im not suggesting everyone buy every single game out there.About the playing for an hour I was figuratively speaking. You pretty much got nowhere and didnt even get to the parts that make pepole love KH as much as they do.[/COLOR'].[/quote]
Ohh now I get it you only want every one to play demo disks for every game that their intreseted in. But wouldn't it be alot more convenient to go and look at a review? I mean if it is a reliable source then its prolly gonna be a good thing overall. Also what parts would I be missing? I think the beggining three levels in any game sums that game up prty well. Unless they drastically change the way the game is played halfway through.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Ohh now I get it you only want every one to play demo disks for every game that their intreseted in. But wouldn't it be alot more convenient to go and look at a review? I mean if it is a reliable source then its prolly gonna be a good thing overall. Also what parts would I be missing? I think the beggining three levels in any game sums that game up prty well. Unless they drastically change the way the game is played halfway through.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red]Tell me which one it the reiable source IGN 7.6,Gamespot 8.7,GameInformer 9.5, 1up 90%. All the opinions are diffrent. Like so everyone is going to have a diffrent opinion. Just cause 1up says its good does that mean yourgoing to like it.No.

If you didnt make it to Hollow Bastoon you never experinced KH.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Samurai Mix][COLOR=Red]Tell me which one it the reiable source IGN 7.6,Gamespot 8.7,GameInformer 9.5, 1up 90%. All the opinions are diffrent. Like so everyone is going to have a diffrent opinion. Just cause 1up says its good does that mean yourgoing to like it.No.

If you didnt make it to Hollow Bastoon you never experinced KH.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Well first you look at the most reliable source. Then you think to yourself "do i like this kind of game?" If yes give it a try if no skip it. If an rpg fan thinks that TH2 is only good and doesn't buy the game who cares? One less 50 bucks for square enix(what a tragedy!!). There are still about 100 more crazed fanboys who will buy it in his place. Also your not gonna always like what you buy.(I bought noir thought it sucked. Even though it had good reviews do I stop getting reviews from there? No? I just get more oppinions about that particular genre from somewhere else) So if there weren't all these reviews then there would be many more bad choices. Also the gameplay changes drastically there? That seems odd too me.

All of this bickering is ridiculous. First of all, if people are interested in a game they are going to try it regardless of review scores. If they're investigating reviews on the Internet, then they are educated buyers who are going to base their purchase off of more than one review.

Secondly, the first Kingdom Hearts sold 2,460,318 copies in the US up through November 2005, so I'm sure that an IGN review isn't going to cripple Kingdom Hearts 2 sales.

Lastly, if you're the kind of person that takes reviews seriously and gets angry when your favorite game scores below a nine, first seek mental help. Next, realize that a 7.6 out of 10 is a really good score for a game with more flash than substance. That IGN review is actually written much better than say, the 1up review, which focuses mostly on the cinematic quality of the game. The IGN reviewer supports his complaints by providing concrete evidence to support his score. Whether or not you agree with that is your business, but it's the reviewer's opinion, and considering how crappy the gameplay was in the first game, I'm not at all surprised to see that the follow-up isn't exactly phenominal in the gameplay department. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy watching the cinematics in Kingdom Hearts 2 myself and the game will probably be worth playing to see how the story progresses, but I'm also willing to acknowledge that the gameplay isn't going to match the level of the production values by a long shot.

At any rate, I realize that a lot of you are casuals and have no idea what a great role-playing game actually plays like so all I ask is that you be respectful to those of us who do.

[font=franklin gothic medium]As usual, Charles, you are the voice of reason.

I understand the popularity of the original Kingdom Hearts, but even fans of the game would have to admit (at least in comparison to other titles) that the gameplay was mediocre. Yes, the cinemantics were nice and yes, the visuals and the tie-ins were well done. But the raw gameplay was certainly nothing incredible; it was a mixture of light RPG elements and semi-awkward platforming. That's really what it boils down to.

This is why I was not particularly anticipating Kingdom Hearts 2. Before I played the original game, I was really looking forward to it...I loved the idea. But the game really let me down in the end.

The complaints that IGN level at the sequel seem reasonable enough to me. In fact, I think they were incredibly fair on the game, in the sense that they covered every aspect of it and deliberately pointed out the areas where the game really shines. So it's not as though they were going after it and deliberately beating it down or anything.[/font]