OtakuBoards

Jrotc

Guest FBI_chick

Guest FBI_chick
Who all has JROTC at their school? At my school *sadly* JROTC does exist! And Boy! Does that suck! Anybody feel the same way? What is JROTC it is some kind of program that people join in. That is kind of like an Army, Navy, ect. You really have to suff such as marching.

JROTC= Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]What exactly is the JROTC? I've never come across this before, so could you explain it a bit more fully?

Also, what exactly do you hate so much about it? Why does it suck?
[/font][/color]

Eh, I don't have JROTC but I have heard people complain about it, and if you know about it, then you know you don't have to be in it. Can't really say much about it other than everyone who is in it, hates it. Its pretty much self explanitory its a training type thing like an army would have, but milder.. I think. Around the end of it there are competitions and such. They meet after school and run daily, do army type things I guess, the works. Tell me if i've got any of that wrong.

[color=darkolivegreen][size=1]Eheh, we used to have this back in highschool. It was mandatory for all seniors.

It's a real pain if you have to stand up straight for hours under the sun. If we're lucky, we can stay under the covered field. The competitions were always fun, though, and I like the discipline and training stuffers so yeah.[/size][/color]

• 6 months later...
I was in JROTC for one year and I never failed to supraise them with what I could endure and handle, ran a mile in cold in jeans and short sleave shirt in about 7 and a half min. I had to turn in my uniform because the vocational school dosen't have a JROTC. I still have my ribbins and I look at them and smile. good times good times

[size=1][color=slategray]
Aw, yes JROTC.

Brings back good memories. I use to be in JROTC. The trainings were cool and hard. I was in Charlie Troop and specialized in Colorguard. The highest rank I recieved in the program of two years was Sergent. I know not much of a climb, but, hey the experience was interesting.

[/size][/color]

As biased as my opinion is, I do not like the Rotzi's. Though this comes from my dislike of military in general, and the fact that, to me, it is nothing more then government hired professional killers, and having them trained in high school, got to indoctrinate them early you know.

And yes I am a pacifist. I do not like the military but I do respect the people in it as much as I don't agree with it.

[size=1]The Rotzi kids are... different? I dunno, I guess I'm just not into the whole "Miled-Down" version of Boot-Camp.

My school has NJROTC, don't know if it's any different but it's what we have. I guess they practice before and after school, but I'm not so sure. I wouldn't join it to save my life. I guess it could be good for disciplinary things, but you don't get any credits that go towards your High School Diploma. So, it's almost as if they never took a class. Quite odd if you ask me.[/size]

Don't knock it til you tried it. I'm the one and only army boy ot the OB. I'm a reservist, not just ROTC, I'm a full blown solider here. I know it's not for eveyone, because not everyone is disciplined or tough enough to make it, but for us who are, let me say, there's nothing else I'd rather be doing. I love my job.

[size=1][color=indigo] The high school I went to has NJROTC [Navy]. I was a part of the NJROTC for 2 years, and in that time I went from being a low rank to an officer and command of a platoon. That was roughly around 150 students I was in charge of during that time.

It was pretty fun, our commander was really awesome.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Purple]A good half of my school are JROTC students. These two guys I'm friends with are obsessed with it. All they ever talk about is progress and rank and stuff. When I first came here they said they might have to put me in there but my mom being an anti-whatever-ist said she'd rather homeschool me :animeswea I ended up in Japanese instead. Though if I would have had the opportunity to run 7 miles in thecold i a t-shirt I wish I had taken the class. I like running.[/COLOR]

I'm OTC atm, which is for university students here in the UK, having been in the CCF at school. As such I am technically a reservist, though really you won't get called up unless it gets to the point where everyone gets called up. So you do alot of the same stuff as before, all the drill, map reading etc with assault rifles, pay and field training alternate weekends.

Pretty good fun and means I don't have to work in the normal sense, I think I may have turned a profit this term.

[COLOR=#A38E59]Over here, JROTC=CAT (Citizen's Army Training). Loves it. It was the only way I could get my friends to run around our school's perimeter with me. And since the program was under the naval reserve's supervision, we got to call each other "Ensign" and other ranks that sound just as lovely.

Of the 18 cadet officers in our batch, thirteen were part of my posse (well, fourteen if you count me in) so we had a pretty crazy senior year. Got suspected of failing students out of bias and threatened with expulsion, we did. I had oodles of fun, though. Was in charge of the Medics for a good two weeks and held the position of platoon leader for the rest of the year. I never got promoted and am glad I didn't; it was fun gloating about how my charges marched better than them cadets in the model platoons. [/COLOR] :D

• 3 months later...
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1]i'm in AFJROTC. (AIRFORCE~ ^___^ )
my school's ROTC is really chill. we have really cool ASI's (aerospace instructors) and we have a lot of somewhat fun ROTC-related activites. although, a lot of people at my school hate ROTC people, ROTC people don't give a rat's ash what they think. if you took one look at me you wouldn't think i'd be in ROTC, but i am, and i enjoy it most of the time. a lot of asians are in my school's ROTC (asian population!!! XD btw, my highschool is populated my white people, no offense). i'm joining our sabre team next year =] . the sabres and team cords are sooo awesome...and the guys are totally HOTT XD !!! haha

it really depends on which JROTC highschool it comes from that measures how much of a pain it would be. i'm lucky to go to a school with a really laid-back ROTC program.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]Just out of curiousity, are you forced to do this stuff at school or can you sign up? And what exactly is it about? I don't live anywhere near where things like that exist, so I have no clue what's it about. Sounds awfully American, if you don't mind me saying. :\[/size]

[size=1]Yeah I have like never heard of this program before. Sounds very interesting however. I would join in just so I could go up in rank and command people. I dunno if i'm disciplined enough for something like this however. I know the other day however we had a "living history day" thing with our veterans from WWII and there was a presentation by some junior military hooha thing. Maybe that's what you guys are talking about.[/size]

[quote name='Starwind']Don't knock it til you tried it. I'm the one and only army boy ot the OB. I'm a reservist, not just ROTC, I'm a full blown solider here. I know it's not for eveyone, because not everyone is disciplined or tough enough to make it, but for us who are, let me say, there's nothing else I'd rather be doing. I love my job.[/quote]

One and only my *** man, Active Duty here, stationed at Camp Casey in South Korea, the 2ID.

anyways, if you're looking to pick up the military as a career i would highly suggest something like the ROTC, i wish i went thru it when i was in high school. and if you stick to it and go through college and everything you can enter the army as an officer, not an enlisted schmuck like me. But like Starwind said, i love my job.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][QUOTE]Originally Posted by Boo
[I]Sounds awfully American, if you don't mind me saying. :\[/I][/QUOTE]

JROTC is pretty american...but not [B]my [/B]ROTC :animeswea !

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Box Hoy
[I]I would join in just so I could go up in rank and command people.[/I][/QUOTE]

to be honest...that's why i'm in it too =D . i like to command all those popular freshmans who think they're the shizzit...but then again, i have a lot of freshman friends xD. [/SIZE][/FONT]