OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]im still hazy on how i did that but hey its my opinion (which i think is a kinda unfair reason to get annoyed at me but hey thats ur opinion) and we all have the right to our own opinion .

Neways bck to the topic in hand :p [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]A story I heard, why the series is called "Final Fantasy", was because looong ago, when Square was on its last legs, they decided to do one last-ditch game in an effort to save the company.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I didnt no that lol but im glad Hironobu Sakaguchi did come up with the final fantasy idea! I cant imagine a world where the RPG's are as basic as the one/s described in [COLOR=Magenta]Rescuing Square Enix [/COLOR] (posted by [COLOR=Magenta]TailTactics[/COLOR] a couple posts bck :) ) I mean if i find the very idea of a really really basic and easy rpg mindnumbingly boring i cant even begin to imagine how people who are any good at them would feel lol :catgirl:
Also where can i get FF1-6 from? I cant find them in any shops and im a bit unsure bout buying off the net. And i heard they'r really expensive to, is this true? [/FONT] [/COLOR]

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Places that sell used NES, SNES, and PS1 games (GameStop, EB Games, etc.) might have FFI on the NES, FFIV (it'll be called FFII on the SNES), and FFVI (FFIII on the SNES). And then the PS1 collections, FF Origins (FFI and FFII), FF Chronicles (FFIV and Chrono Trigger), and FF Anthology (FFV and FFVI), but I hear those have horrible load times.

Or, if you have a GBA, there's FFI & II: Dawn of Souls, which are remakes of the first two games. (You should still be able to find this one new.) FFIII is being remade for the DS, though there's no release date set for it yet. And then FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are also going to be brought to the GBA soon.

If you have a GBA, getting Dawn of Souls and then waiting for the other ports would probably be your best bet. NES/SNES cartridges you find might not hold a save file very long due to the battery inside being so old, and as I said, the PS1 ports have horrible load times from everything I've heard. Myself, I'm eagerly awaiting the GBA version of FFIV since it's my favorite in the series.[/color]

[QUOTE=Kura-Chan][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]im still hazy on how i did that but hey its my opinion (which i think is a kinda unfair reason to get annoyed at me but hey thats ur opinion) and we all have the right to our own opinion . I didnt no that lol but im glad Hironobu Sakaguchi did come up with the final fantasy idea! I cant imagine a world where the RPG's are as basic as the one/s described in [COLOR=Magenta]Rescuing Square Enix [/COLOR] (posted by [COLOR=Magenta]TailTactics[/COLOR] a couple posts bck :) ) I mean if i find the very idea of a really really basic and easy rpg mindnumbingly boring i cant even begin to imagine how people who are any good at them would feel lol :catgirl:
Also where can i get FF1-6 from? I cant find them in any shops and im a bit unsure bout buying off the net. And i heard they'r really expensive to, is this true? [/FONT] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Im not angry at anybody, its just that you never [B][I]played[/I][/B] the games. u only watched others play it then state ur opinion of the genre (saying they'll never be as good as seven) Im glad you enjoy seven, but please dont be so close-minded. PLAY THE GAMES FIRST....state opinion second. Thats the only way youll be fair.

Anyway, I suggest that if you dont want to buy any games, just download NES, SNES, or if ur computer could handle it, Playstation emulators for the PC. Once you do that download the ROM of each game. ALL IS FOR FREE. I recommend you doing this. Here is a RPG ROM site, ibelive they have suggested emulators on there too.

[color=#4B0082]Google: Final Fantasy ROMS.[/color]

Theyll show you how to go about it step by step.

If you want an official collection, i suggest you use Debrasko's idea and purchase Final Fantasy Origins (FF1 and 2), Chronicles (FF 4 and Chrono Trigger), and Anthology (FF 5 and 6). All on playstation one.
FF 3 is the same as FFVI, but the true FF 3 was ONLY released in japan. I do know that some group hacked into it and added English subtitles, though. I am currently playing that game. Not only do Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology give you the original games, but they come with fully rendered computer animated cutscenes. Chrono Trigger has japenese anime as its cutscenes. It is truly awsome and is definetly a MUST HAVE for fans.

[color=#4B0082]Linking to illegal content (i.e. video game ROMs) is against the rules. Please refrain from doing so. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

:animestun Didn't have to be so aggressive about it but I don't want to turn this board into a flaming zone.

There are times where you will find a single copy of Final Fantasy 1/6 in shops, it's just a matter of searching and asking them to put it back if they find any. Or go and download the ROMs as TailTactics suggested. IMO playing them on the PS1 is a much more enjoyable experience then on the PC but that may be different to you :animesmil

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]well thats given me a lot to think about lol I would prefer it on ps1 but im not sure what emulators are and i dont wanna risk blowing anything up (a very high probability with me lmao) and i cant seem to find the actual games anywhere.

Me and SNES (im pretty sure thats wot i had) really dont get on, my saved games never stayed saved :mad: so i think ill pass on that idea lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]Or, if you have a GBA, there's FFI & II: Dawn of Souls, which are remakes of the first two games. (You should still be able to find this one new.) FFIII is being remade for the DS, though there's no release date set for it yet. And then FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are also going to be brought to the GBA soon.[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I do like this idea though, even though i dont actually own a GBA, but i can always buy 1 lol :catgirl: and i can get them on playstation as well?

Im still a bit confused over FF3, is it harder to find because it was only released in japan? and can i still get it? (sorry i have so MANY questions! i just dont have a clue lol) [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kura-Chan][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]well thats given me a lot to think about lol I would prefer it on ps1 but im not sure what emulators are and i dont wanna risk blowing anything up (a very high probability with me lmao) and i cant seem to find the actual games anywhere.

Me and SNES (im pretty sure thats wot i had) really dont get on, my saved games never stayed saved :mad: so i think ill pass on that idea lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]Or, if you have a GBA, there's FFI & II: Dawn of Souls, which are remakes of the first two games. (You should still be able to find this one new.) FFIII is being remade for the DS, though there's no release date set for it yet. And then FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are also going to be brought to the GBA soon.[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I do like this idea though, even though i dont actually own a GBA, but i can always buy 1 lol :catgirl: and i can get them on playstation as well?

Im still a bit confused over FF3, is it harder to find because it was only released in japan? and can i still get it? (sorry i have so MANY questions! i just dont have a clue lol) [/FONT] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Dont be so rashional, emulators run very smoothly depending on ur CPU. If you are running Pentium 3 or higher, or any AMD CPUs you should be fine. Just plug in a computer controller via USB and you have a whole collection of FF games costing u $0.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Wow, I'm kinda glad I stayed out of that..... :animeknow
I try not to judge a series based on one game, but I understand that sometimes it's hard. But, to use Halo as an example, I didn't think I'd really care for it, but once I actually PLAYED it, it blew me away! (Literally. I keep dying.)
Anyway, glad everything got settled, or we might've gotten in trouble for flames. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[quote name='Arekkusu']I've just downloaded FF3 for the Nes. Can anyone tell me if this is the proper FF3? I do know I haven't played it before but I'm not too sure.[/quote][color=#4B0082]Yes, that would be the real FFIII if it's for the NES. FFI through FFIII were on the NES and FFIV through FFVI were on the SNES. FFII, FFIII, and FFV were never released in the US on those systems, though, and FFIII hasn't been released in the US at all yet. The DS remake will be its first release over here.

Personally, I've never liked emulators. PC gamepads have gotten pretty good but I still prefer the original controllers. Especially for FFVI -- trying to do some of Sabin's blitzes on a less-than-great gamepad is a real pain. Plus, most SNES emulators don't sound quite right, or there are other little glitches with the graphics or sound. And now with GBA versions (or DS version for FFIII) on the way, I'd rather pay the money and have them be portable.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Nothing's been announced. And if they ever are re-released on another console (there are already the PS1 collections, as mentioned earlier) it probably won't be until quite a while after all the GBA versions are out. They'll want to milk those as much as they can before releasing them yet again.

Getting the whole FFI-FFVI collection on a single Revolution/PS3/X360 disc [i]would[/i] be really cool though.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]That would be really awesome. I hope they decide it's worth it to put on the PS3 and everything else. Hey, does anyone know if PS1 and PS2 games are going to be able to be played on the PS3?? I want to play my FF on it!! :animeswea [/COLOR]

[quote name='Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkOrchid']That would be really awesome. I hope they decide it's worth it to put on the PS3 and everything else. Hey, does anyone know if PS1 and PS2 games are going to be able to be played on the PS3?? I want to play my FF on it!! :animeswea [/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]I'm not sure, but I think so... You know how you could play PS1 games on the PS2, well, I think that that concept will also happen with the PS3. If it doesn't, I will be so sad and dissapointed..... [/COLOR] [/FONT] :animecry: [FONT=Comic Sans MS] [COLOR=Navy]But, I would still buy the PS3 ONLY FOR the remake of FFVII.

Dude, totally awesome game.... duh! [/COLOR] [/FONT] :catgirl: :animesigh

I'll come straight out with it. I am not a FF fan (I'm not fond of RPG's in general) but I have given it a chance.

I have FF 7, 8 and 10. The only one that's caught my eye was FF8. My main problem with FF7 is the graphics. I'm pretty sure the story of it was amazing. (so I've heard) But the giant heads, feet and hands made of pipes turns me off of this game quite a bit. FF10 looks great but the main character is annoying. (another turn off)

FF8 was the 1st RPG I've ever played so that could be another problem. People say they changed the junctioning system. It took me a while to get use to FF7 and 10's junctioning system. "shrugs"

I do have respect for the RPG's but I don't think I'll ever like them. (Maybe cuz I don't like turn based games ^_^)

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Well, at least you gave it a chance! And not all RPGs are turn-based, by the way. Ones like Balduar's Gate and Champions of Norrath are RPGs, and they're the hack-'n-slash genre as well. I don't care for FFVII's graphics as well, but I just have to remember that it's an old game.....allowances must be made.....
So, it's a definite thing, the remake of FFVII?!!? YES!!! :D :animeswea
I REALLY hope the PS3 is compatible with the rest, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway since it'll be the next-gen console, and everything will be cming out on that instead. Like my bro said - if we don't get it, we can't get anymore games![/COLOR]

[quote=Sting]I'll come straight out with it. I am not a FF fan (I'm not fond of RPG's in general) but I have given it a chance.

I have FF 7, 8 and 10. The only one that's caught my eye was FF8. My main problem with FF7 is the graphics. I'm pretty sure the story of it was amazing. (so I've heard) But the giant heads, feet and hands made of pipes turns me off of this game quite a bit. FF10 looks great but the main character is annoying. (another turn off)

FF8 was the 1st RPG I've ever played so that could be another problem. People say they changed the junctioning system. It took me a while to get use to FF7 and 10's junctioning system. "shrugs"

I do have respect for the RPG's but I don't think I'll ever like them. (Maybe cuz I don't like turn based games ^_^)[/quote][color=#4B0082]If you prefer more action-based games rather than turn based combat, you might enjoy Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. It gets kind of old in single player mode, but the multiplayer can be a lot of fun. Running around beating on things and casting spells in real time with a few friends is great.

Only problem is, you need a GBA and GBA-to-GCN link cable for each person in multiplayer mode.[/color]

[QUOTE=Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Well, at least you gave it a chance! And not all RPGs are turn-based, by the way. Ones like Balduar's Gate and Champions of Norrath are RPGs, and they're the hack-'n-slash genre as well. I don't care for FFVII's graphics as well, but I just have to remember that it's an old game.....allowances must be made.....
So, it's a definite thing, the remake of FFVII?!!? YES!!! :D :animeswea
I REALLY hope the PS3 is compatible with the rest, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway since it'll be the next-gen console, and everything will be cming out on that instead. Like my bro said - if we don't get it, we can't get anymore games![/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Um, not really. The FFVII opening scene they showed at the last E3 (it was at E3 wasn't it?) was just a tech demo to show off the PS3's graphics. Last I heard, Square Enix doesn't actually have any plans to remake FFVII.

And yes, the PS3 is supposed to also play PS1 and PS2 games.[/color]

[color=darkred]Levelling up is the essence of any RPG to me. It's quite possibly the greatest thing about RPGs, actually. It allows for you to get to grips with the battle system and style of play more than you would be able to with any other genre of game, and lets you experience the full capacity of what the game has to offer.

I guess the most influencing factor about levelling up is that it gives me a sense of achievement. You know, that I've worked hard to earn a high level... and there's always the satisfaction of knowing that you can go even higher and higher at any point in the game, if you have the time. Totally whooping a boss in any RPG because you're much stronger than it is one of the greatest feeling in the world.[/color]

[QUOTE=RiflesAtRecess][font=trebuchet ms]Go to GameFAQs, you'd be surprised what people have accomplished and actually wrote strategies for. Try beating the game without saving AND without using materia. I couldn't do it, I got beaten by the beast in the cave that you get Trine from and had to start over.

Also, I really like FFIX, sure, the story wasn't that hot, but it had solid gameplay and some of the best minigames in the series. I've probably played FFIX the most out of all of the FF's, possibly combined. We're talking beating the game 15+ times, shortest time being 11 hours and the longest somewhere in the 200's. I still play the version of Tetra Master that came with Final Fantasy XI, I'm ranked somewhere in the 80's I think, only like 3,000 people play it.[/font][/QUOTE]
After reading the things you pointed out to me, I decided I would top them all (or at least attempt to) I attempted cloud only, using just the buster sword, no materia and without saving.

Unfortunately I lost to savior sephiorth, and haven't got round to trying again.

Personally....I'm looking foreward to FF12 it looks great and is supposed to be better than most of the other ff games and it looks beautiful........I'm also hoping that sony comes out with a new version of FF7 because that graphics test looked amaizing......but that is only a graphic test.........there is also a rumor that a new version of each Final Fantasy game is supposed to come out but alas that is only a rumor...........