OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your OB username?

Guest kuroinuyoukai

I don't even know where I got "renayiiq" from. I made it up when I was like almost 14 years old. Doesn't even mean anything.
My title thing makes more sense. I have all these things that I say, that nobody else really says as often as I say them, and one time my friend Justin said, "You're a ********n goober!" to our friend Jeremy, and he was like, "Hey, that's one of Vicki's Vicki-isms!" Jeremy calls all my little catch phrases Vicki-isms, and says it's all in the cuteness and sexiness of Vicki. Too bad I haven't heard from him in forever.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, actually i got "nomad19" from the galaxy angels stuffed animal...hehe since all the "nomad" usernames are already taken i then added the 19, i've always used this, on 1-up, on ign, my xbox live gamer tag, even my socom and killzone user names :D

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]So it turns out I'm not the actual Stuart, but a clone of him. The original Stuart is a super-warrior from the year 2087. The second me, i.e. I, was created to help the first me fight the invading Mongol armies. That's pretty much where the name orginates from.

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh, I almost forgot about my previous username. [B]Hack Helba.[/B]
[list=1][B]Hack[/B] - My favorite anime series, .hack//SIGN[/list]
[list=2][B]Helba[/B] - Mysterious hacker character from the series.
[/list]I guess it's what you might call my "gamer name".[/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]I've had my name since I joined the boards three and a half years ago. I've thought about changing it since then, but to be honest I can't be bothered, heh.

It stems from my Starfox fanfics I used to write even before I started at any messageboard [i]ever[/i], back in about 1998/9. Like any good fanfic, it involved the main characters, but also had a slew of incidental ones. The thing is, once I met someone else who wrote Starfox fanfics, I felt like my focus should have been more on what I created than on what I'm basing off other people's work, so this guy called Solo Ross appeared and began taking on more prevalent roles. I figured out quite a nice storyline for him, too ^_^

But anyway, I can't remember where I saw it, but I came across 'Tremaine' as a name and thought it'd be nicer for him than Ross. So I changed it, then got my first e-mail address at bolt.com with that name. When I eventually signed up for the boards I thought I'd use his name as mine.

If you want a vague meaning, in English you can translate Solo as 'lone' and Tremaine as 'a kind of farm', but that wasn't what I had in mind when I put it up. I chose Solo because it reminded me of Exile in Road Rovers (not least because both characters were huskies, heh). I wanted to keep the sense of standing alone, but with a slightly less harsh-sounding name.

Even though I grew out of Starfox fanfics aeons ago, I still keep the username for pretty much everything I'm part of. It's just too much effort trying to think of anything else ^_^;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]My user name is really quite simple. I love Bichon Frise?s and I hope to be a vet when I grow up. So I chose to use my dog?s name Aaryanna. I?ve always liked to give my pets real names. ^_^ Or should I say more than a simple nick name like Spot. That and I think Aaryanna is a pretty name. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I've only gone through one identity crisis on these boards. I used to be Dondar. And originally, I thought I made that name up because it sounded cool. Then I read my old Diadem books again, and it turns out Dondar is one of the planets in the universe. Bit of a surprise for me actually.

So I switched to Lord Rannos. This one, I honestly did make up (I think). It's just one of those names I use for RP's, video games, etc. I just like the Lord part to make me seem more important. No real significance in either of these, but I am happy that I didn't have to add numbers to get them.

Actually, I cannot confirm nor deny Rannos being based on Rezo from Slayers.[/COLOR]

[font=Times]I didn't even know "kaze" was an honest to goodness Japanese word, and that it meant "wind"; until I popped it into Google sometime after I registered eight years back. Honestly, I was rather surprised. It's just very depressing, that I didn't know this. I thought I was making up words.[/font]

How'd I get my username? There's a fairly interesting story behind that.

It starts with Ronin Warriors, and me a young preteen watching it. Ryo of the WildFire was the protagonist. I thought the name was pretty cool, and decided to name my character on my very first RPG (*sighs nostalgically*), Dragon Warrior III on the GBC, Ryo.

For many months, I was infatuated with Dragon Warrior III. I remember it as being exceedlingly long. I battled through caves and grasslands, pyramids and oceans, in search of my long lost father. Then, I lost the game. I found it months later. Apparently, after too much of something, it had burnt out, and my save files were corrupted and I could not save a new game. Teh sadness/10.

Years later, I bought another game that would become one of the staple series in my life: Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken (Blazing Sword), for the Game Boy Advance. In homage to my long lost Ryo of Dragon Warrior III, I named my Tactician (coming together now, eh?) Ryo. I was completely absorbed into FE7, the way it made it so you were a character, and Lyn and Eliwood were talking to you. Ryo the Tactician became more than just my save file on that, he became my alternate identity of fantasial, gaming worlds. Slowly, he expanded to encompass many other things. After another year or so, I gradually gave him a full name, pulled from various sources throughout the years - Ryo H. Escalus, the Tactician.

A Short Synopsis on my Fantasy Identity.

~RHE

One of my friends names was Star, so I thought it would be cool to have two r's in stead of one. My other username, which I didnt use here, is Angel of Death. My old soc. teacher from last year called his siste that, so I thought it was cool so I made it one of my usernames.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Orange]Not very exciting stories behind mine ^_^;

CoLoR Me EviL - I've had it since I was 11 or 12. I have no idea where it came from, and I just love it. A lot of people shorten it to Evil, which I think is cute and fitting =P *laughs*

And my other, less frequently used one would be

StaticAnonymity - Named after an EP released by my favourite band, Metric. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do =)

So yeah, the boring stories behind my two most common usernames! Huzzah![/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#333333]
This has got to be the third time I have posted in a thread similiar to this one.

To start off, I first joined OB as [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=4411]Winged-Kid[/url] in January, 2003. I stayed around as Winged-Kid for about four months, which is when I decided I wanted a different screenname. So, because I was such a noob, I created a new account to get the different name. Thus creating, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=4857]Roket[/url]. After that, not even a month later, I wanted a[i]nother[/i] screenname. So, I made §corpio. After creating §corpio (when I wanted to change my name for the third time) is when I found out about the name changing. So [i]much[/i] later (around the time Logan became Leh) I became [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=5026]Lrb[/url].

But enough about that, let's hear the background of each name.

[list=1]
[*][B]Winged-Kid [/B] was originally chosen because, when I was in elementary school, I fantasized about being able to fly and all that. It also happened to be in my e-mail at the time. Nothing interesting there.

[*][B]Roket[/B] was derived from me finding Sonic fan-art. It was an albino porcupine (it was made using a Knuckles sprite) and I decided to name it Roket. Thinking Roket was a cool name, I wanted it. Again, nothing interesting.

[*][B]§corpio[/B] came from my zodiac. It was around the time I found this book all about star signs and such in my house. I read about Scorpio and the other symbols a lot and decided it'd be neat to take Scorpio as my screenname (but with the § because it "looked cool").

[*][B]Lrb[/B] time! The only screenname I chose that has a fairly interesting story behind it. Basically, my friends (along with some friends' parents and some teachers) [i]all[/i] call me by my last name (it's a nickname, I guess). It's Ellerby. A long time ago, I figured out that you could also spell it L-r-b (because of the way it's pronounced), so I took Lrb as my screenname.
[/list]
Wasn't that fun? ^_~[/color]

I came up with my name from Legend of zelda magoras mask Feirce Deity's Mask was where i started it, I started called all my characters Deity but after the orignal term meaning God and a god, I misspronouced it i thought it was pronounced Dei Tay to be exact and once I learned the real meaning. I never really could figure out how to spell it correctly untill now but Ill stick with Deity cuse it looks better. But anyways it has nothing to do with God or me decloring my self god or anything like that im accually a very Christ centered guy soo. Theres accually a whole story that comes with it but im not going to go into that...

Mine roots from the fact that I love video games (mainly RPGs) you have to use strategy in 'Tactics' and one of the friendliest characters from Sonic 'Tails'. Or the name itself TailTactics means Ill stay close like tail and use strategy you never heard of. But of course I stay as silent as an assassin. This name is mainly strategy based. Interesting.

Actually I rather dislike my current username mainly because it was one I came up with when I was about 13 and stuck with so I'd remember it, and it narrows me down to the 'anime lover' stereotype(which isn't bad, it's just that I'm not exactly as much an anime love as I am a lover of other things!). By the way, I believe Shi no Tenshi means 'Angel of Death' - which would be cool, but I don't speak a word of Japanese so I can't really say!

I have a long history of user names!

[B]scientist [/B] was one of them I used in chatrooms and such. I rather like it; I used it to represent one of the several roles of an artist - the explorer and experimenter.

Another is simply [B]art[/B] because I love art and it's also ambiguous in that it really doesn't tell you much about me at all (in terms of gender, age, preferences, etc)

And [B]fkt[/B]. It's just a stupid little phonetic pun, but I like it for its simplicity.

As for old names...

[B]propaganda[/B] was one I was into for some time, when I was doing a series of melancholy graphics where an image would include the idealistic life depicted in a propaganda poster in contrast with the reality of the people who wish it were so.

Hm, I also went by the name of [B]punkazz[/B] which was slightly controversial of me as I believe all forms of punk music are gay (no offence to punk enthusiasts, I just mean the music ;> ). Now I look back and think it was pretty melodramatic to name myself after something I dislike just to start up arguements with the weaker-minded internet species oo;; Ah well, that was a long way back!

Can't remember my other user names! I think there's been an assortment of song related names, but my memory is like a sieve -.-

(also please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors, I keep writing funny so I can gear myself to write this novel I'm working on --;;)

There's nothing really great about my UN... It's Nomura Seshomaru Sasuke. Me and my friends made up artificial names, based off Anime. Mine is Nomura, from Tetsuya Nomura, I think he's a dude that works on FF... My middle name is Seshomaru, from InuYasha, and last there's Sasuke, my fave anime character.

Other names...

InuElric: When I first registered, this was my name... I was a InuYasha fan and FMA fan...

MaleJinx: There is a girl in michigan named erin aka Jinx... I always copied off of her to agravate her...as it is...Male Jinx.

Spike: My nick name referring to my anime hair style

[COLOR=royalblue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Well, I have been apart of OB for a [B]longer[/B] time then what my profile says I did, but I'll just start off with the name I made up back in 2002...

[B]Lil_android: [/B] Well I was about 12 when i made this ghetto name up. I was really into Draginball Z at the time, and my favorite charater was Andriod 18. I didn't want to be Adroid 18, so why not be a little one...

[B]Booboo:[/B] This has been my nickname forever, not that complicated . xD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Al-araaf is my nickname.
For a few reasons.
1) It's my favoite poem by Edgar Allan Poe
2) That is where I want to go when I die
3) I live my life balancing good and evil
4) My gf likes the way it sounds
Not exactly in that order

Al-araaf should actualy be spelled Al-aaraaf I just spell it my own way so I dont copy Edgar Allan Poe. It means purgatory in arabic (im not arabic). If you dont know what purgatory is look it up because i'll end up ranting a VERY long definiton.

Guest The Eighth Sin
Well my original name was Kage'okami but I kept forgetting the password and them my e-mail server changed and it was lost forever. I started college and started on alchemy and while reading some sixteenth century text from France I found the eighth deadly sin, life. I later found,while reading more into the text (some of them can be very long), that the eight sins weren't really sins but eight nessesities for a human to be a fully blanced human.