OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your OB username?

Guest kuroinuyoukai

Guest half a heart
[COLOR=Red]My name came from the loss of my boyfriend who died when i was 13 its been 3 years but i still miss him and i feel like half off my heart died with him[/COLOR] :animedepr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Even though mine is really lame, I made it up at the spur of the moment.

Right when I signed onto OB, I had just finally beaten FF VII after long months of putting it off and cramming it into a month. I was so happy that I finally beat it, so when I had to make up my username, I thought, "Hey, maybe I'll do something that has Cloud in it and defines that I adore him a lot!" So, that's where I came up with CloudsOnly189. CloudsOnly1 saying that I'm his only one (lame, I know,yeah?), and 89 when I was born.

I was also thinking about using other names before I thought of this one:

FF Angel: Signaling that I love FF and it's also my artist pen name.

RikusSteps89: Lol. It's my flashflashrevolution.com name because I couldn't think of anything else.

KingdomHeartsSavior: I just thought of this because I liked KH so much and I wanted it to be known.

I think if I ever want to change my name, though, it will have Riku or Kingdom Hearts in it because everyone who knows me, has seen my profile, picture, avatar and banner or has seen my otaku site, automatically knows that I heart kingom hearts. Hey.. maybe my new username should be I_<3_KH89. Lol[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT]

[FONT=COURIER NEW]My friends and I have this weird thing where we call each other dork, loser, nerd, so on and so forth. Since everyone seems to call me the "loser" or the "dork" I had a choice, so I just went with loser...well yeah, that's pretty much it. Not a lot of creativity in it or imagination to it, just some simple friendship bullshtuff.[/FONT]

I figured that I'd go through the list of names I have been known by online. There's actually quite a few of them, considering that I've been a lot of places.

Nightingale Chii--I was known as this on my very first forum, and it has an interesting tale. I was watching Gundam Seed and Big O at the time, so I got to thinking about Kira's birdie. It's such a cool little mechanical bird, you know. In thinking about Birdie, I remembered a reference in Big O about this man who fell in love with the song of a mechanical bird--a reference concerning Dorothy, but interesting, no less. If I recall correctly, the place Dorothy sang at was called the Nightingale, and I think that is also a nick name for women who sing in such places.

I like to sing when I have the chance, and I'm pretty good when I try.

'Chii' was only added because I heard that the main character in Chobits was called 'Chi'. So, I added an extra 'i' and became Nightingale Chii.

I actually wrote a poem in reference to the Nightingale. PM me if you want to read it.

Stark Raving Lunatic--on yet a different forum, and I was watching the Sci-Fi series Farscape at the time. Stark is the name of a character in that series, and I decided that he was an interesting character. I wasn't finished with the series yet, and had only seen him twice, but decided that it was a cool name. I figured that, since I have moments when I ramble on about nothing what so ever, I'd call myself Stark Raving Lunatic. It seemed to work.

Caster--This was my first foray into single word names. I had finished watching the Outlas Star DVDs a friend let me borrow, and I absolutely adore the Caster Gun as a weapon. I mean, that gun is up there with the Light Saber, you know? So, I figured that I'd call myself Caster--and it didn't help that I had an RP character that was called Caster.

:animeblus I was a bit obsessed with the name.

Stark--My name now. By the time I had joined the OB, I had seen the entirety of Farscape, and decided that Stark was indeed my favorite character. He's funny, if his moments of insanity can be called funny, but he has his serious moments too. Let's just say that I connected with this character in a way that I don't often connect. Odd, I know, but I sorta feel that I have moments like his as well. So... I figured that I'd call myself that.

Besides, you don't expect a person to name themself after a character in a cult favorite of a sci-fi show on an anime forum!

[SIZE=1]Wow, alot of replies to this thread I must say. Well then, my OB Usernames...pfft, quite a few.

[b]Numero Uno[/b]: The now dead, [b]ShamanSky-Lord[/b], bad times...well this came from my overly obsessed mind, and my addiction to Shaman King. The Sky-Lord part probably to make it sound 'ultra 1337' ahem. Well, that account died, and I made a new one. =D.

[b]2)[/b]: Ah, so when I deleted the old OB account, because I didn't know you could change your name by PMing an admin (didn't read the rules =P...do it, it helps) I came up with [b]Kyo-Sean[/b]. Simply because I thought 'Kyo' sounded cool, and I added my name to it.

[b]3)[/b]: Next one then, [b]Reise[/b], I became a big Rammstein fan for a bit, and this was when there 'new' album 'Reise, Reise' was about to be released (yes I know Rosenrot is out), so that's the story behind that username.

[b]4)[/b]: Ah, now when I replayed FFIX over and over again, and went into a massive Final Fantasy love. [b]Treno[/b] was me name, it was originally going to be Reno after my favourite Turk. But, Treno came first place because I was playing FFIX at the time.

[b]5)[/b]: ...self-explanatory. [b]Sean[/b]. My first name.

--

Well that's it, I'm sure I've left a name out between Kyo-Sean and Reise, but I'll edit this if I figure out what it was. Until then,

Sean.[/SIZE]

i have 3 different usernames...

one for amv.org(animemusicvideos.org):
Panda-chan, well i thought panda's were cute, and since my cats name was Mr.Panda...u know...

one for theotaku.com:
mocha-chan, pretty much the same as panda-chan...i love mocha...teehee.. :catgirl:

and for the OB:
Ai.sAKuRa.chan, i was thinking of ccs and of cherry blossoms...so it was like...
(at first) sakura-chan!but i figured someone had taken it...so i added "ai"
which means love in japanese...so in english i guess its spose to be
love.cherry blossom.chan....or sumthing like it!
so...that's it...Ai.sAKuRa.chan...^^

• 2 weeks later...
[i]Dragon Warrior[/i] is my favorite game series, so I just did. Not much to tell from there. People often mistaken it just that I really like dragons. Hah, dragons are cool, but I guess they just don't realize it's an actual game saga. I've considered name changes, but I thought it was a nice goal to keep the same name I've had since Otaku[b]Boards Version 1[/b].

[quote name='Dragon Warrior][i]Dragon Warrior[/i] is my favorite game series, so I just did. Not much to tell from there. People often mistaken it just that I really like dragons. Hah, dragons are cool, but I guess they just don't realize it's an actual game saga. I've considered name changes, but I thought it was a nice goal to keep the same name I've had since Otaku[b]Boards Version 1[/b'].[/quote]
[color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]Too bad the series name was changed to Dragon Quest, hey?

This s/n is just my all purpose username. It's apparently some hardcore band too. I didn't know that at the time.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]Too bad the series name was changed to Dragon Quest, hey?[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]

Dragon Quest is the Japanese name for the series. When it arrived in America, it was given the name Dragon Warrior. It's only now that they name it Dragon Quest with the new arriving game, Dragon Quest 8.

I've had three differnet names on OB:

[b]The Trainer:[/b] I had just joined, so that I could do a couple of Pokémon rpgs. I didn't know that you couldn't just up and change it like on the dbz forums i had been on at the time, and was stuck with it for a while, until...

[b]Nate1976:[/b] My nickname is nate, and one day I had to add something to an name i was getting on something else, and i picked 1976. So, when i hcanged my name on this site, i put the 1976 on the end of it. No, I wasn't born in 1976. I weas born in 1991.

[b]Nate:[/b] the 1976 got annoying. I'm just Nate now, my nickname. The 1976 is still on my AIm name and my yahoo account, though.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]sand dragon 19:[/B]I used this name when I just came here to the boards. I use this anme on alot of places so I can just remember the user name and not have to strain my mind when I am thinking about what the user name was.

[B]Ikillion:[/B] It was wierd how I came up with this name. I accidently mixed together two ideas, one from the kill bill series and one from robot wars. I had just seen kill bill so the thoughs of killing was on my mind. Some how out of nowhere I started to think of a robot that was named. Sir Killalott. So then I started replacing me into a seen of kill bill where " I kill alot" was going through my mind. Soon later I went to a chat room then somewhere I used a phrase " I kill on joo' " So then I put two plus three together and somehow made a screen name of Ikillion... I dont know where the second "i" came from though..It must have been a typo and yet a good one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Just thought it'd be cool if the Evangelion series had a sixth child...sadly

*spoiler!!*

[spoiler]everyone pretty much dies...[/spoiler]

[b][color=DarkGreen][size=1]I put in spoiler tags, because well known as Eva is, there are still some people that don't know the ending. If you want to find out how to use spoiler tags, there's a sticky in the Anime Lounge. Stickies are your friends.
[/size][/color][/b] [right][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Raiyuu[/size][/color]
[/right]