OtakuBoards

Who Are You?

Blayze

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: As much as I would like to give my real name, with my luck, someone here probably knows me and will turn my journal into police evidence. So all I can give you is my username: tomieharley. It's a blend of one of my favorite horror movies and comic book heroines.

Where I Live: I will tell you that I have lived all my life in one of the most boring states ever, known as North Carolina. I hope to leave someday and move away. Very far away! I would love to travel, especially to Japan and Egypt. I'm actually planning a trip right now for the summer. I had to cancel the current one due to illness.

School/Work: I have graduated from high school and college with two degrees in English and Psychology. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what my next step is and am working as a receptionist at a veterinary hospital.

Birthday: February 18th, 1981 (24).

Hobbies/Interest: Well of course, I like to watch anime and read mangas. My taste varies from genre to genre. Recently, I just bought Host Club, Absolute Boyfriend, and Crimson Hero to read. I just finished reading Fruits Basket volume 12 and Naruto volume seven. As for anime, I finished the series Samurai Champloo and decided to try out two new anime series: Ghost in the Shell and Burst Angel. I also like to hang out with my friends, shop , listen to music, read, and write original fics and fanfiction (when I catch my muse).

As for why I am here, well, I guess I wanted to find people who I can talk about my interests with and not feel like such a geek. I am also very shy and it's hard to meet people, especially with my work schedule. I really like learning about other people. Right now, it's sort of working, but I'm finding people seem to be more interested in signing guestbooks than actually making friends. I feel sorry for them.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a girl *gasp!* from Michigan, I'm 16 years old and have a younger brother. I love drawing anime and manga (I'm working on my own series), also I'm an 8th Gup (yellow belt) in Tae Kwon Do and can bust through a wood board with my foot with ease. I live off videogames, anime, manga, good movies, and anything deamed unhealthy for the mind and body! (sugar, carbs., fast food, soda pop, etc...). I don't like getting into political discustions because I'd end up dissing both sides for being idiots and should grow up but that's just me :D .

-Are you male or female?
-Where do ya hail from, stranger?
-How old are you?
-Do you have siblings?

I'm a 19 year old lady from British Columbia, Canada. I'm a Gemini.
I have one younger sister, although if you put us together I'm sure I'd be the one who you'd mistake for as younger.
I have a boyfriend who's 5 years my senior, and we've been together 2 and a half years. He's just lovely.

I'm a university student, currently taking Sociology, Psychology and Japanese courses. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I also work part time as a sales associate.

My hobbies would probably include listening to music, going to punk shows, watching anime, reading manga, playing video games on my PS2 and GBA, reading, smoking pot, playing softball (although I'm not very good), snowboarding (it's been a while though), and studying Japanese.

I love to travel, and have been to many places in North America: Vancouver BC, Drumheller AB (they have a wicked Dinosaur museum!), Toronto ONT, Windsor ONT, Detroit MI, Louisville KY, Bowling Green KY, Nashville TN, Memphis TN, Tupelo MI, Orlando FL, Anaheim CA... as well as Oregon, North and South Dakota, Kansas and many other states on road trips with my parents (when I was younger though).
Although I've never left N.America, I'd love to go to Japan, Portugal, Italy, France, Ireland, Scotland, Thailand, and South Africa. I know that I'd like to travel in the future, and perhaps even make a job out of it.

I like mostly punk music, but I also listen to ska and other random genres.

Andddd I'm here because I like anime, and like to post in forums to pass the time, as well as talk to people who share the same interests as me, and perhaps make some friends in the process. :catgirl:

[size=1]-Are you male or female?
-How old are you?
-Do you have siblings?

Well, lets see. I am called many things. But the [i]thing[/i] I am called most is Brenda. I live in the state Massachusetts, not very far from Boston. I'm fourteen, going on fifteen in about four months. I'm a freshman in high school this year. Yup. That darn frosh.

I have an older sister in her third year of college right now. She goes to school in Michigan. So far away. :animedepr

And... I'm a girl! :animesmil

The smaller, random details about me... I tend to always listen to music the moment I set foot into my home. I go straight to my computer, open iTunes up, and listen to whatever playlist I feel like out of the three to-listen-at-home playlists I've made. Crazy. I know. I listen to anything but country, rap, techno, and hip-hop. I rode a cow at my uncle's barn before. Story of my life. Basically. :animeswea

I doodle constantly. I doodle more than paying attention in class. But I still manage to keep my A-B average. I like to draw. Write more than draw, though. But I draw more than write. Go figure.

I play tennis. I got varsity, second singles this last season in the past fall. Estatic.

I'm basically an only child most of the time. I like to go out.

And I hang out in milk aisles at CVS. Not really. But my health teacher thinks all ninth graders do that these days. Yeah. Okay.

I'm very loud. I think you may get a headache if you were around me whenever I'm excited. Which is basically twenty four-seven.

That is, seriously, the story of my life.

I lied. I wasn't that serious. ;) [/size]

This encompasses many different things, such as:

-Are you male or female?
-How old are you?
-Do you have siblings?

well for starters im ben and im new to the boards and loving it!!! :animesmil well anyways im from weston, (between miami and fort lauderdale) florida and i am 15 as well with no brothers or sisters. one day i was just looking at a quiz my friend took on myspace and like it so i went to take it and was directed to theotaku.com and then there was the otakuboards and thought " ooooo!!!!" i want to be part of the board so here i am :animesmil

[quote name='Senko']one day i was just looking at a quiz my friend took on myspace and like it so i went to take it and was directed to theotaku.com and then there was the otakuboards and thought " ooooo!!!!" i want to be part of the board so here i am :animesmil[/quote]

[size=1]Haha. Myspace. Almost everyone has one, and you can basically find anyone you want to on myspace.com.

Oh myspace, what a way to connect people to others. :animeswea

What a depressing thought![/size]

[QUOTE=hey_love][size=1]Haha. Myspace. Almost everyone has one, and you can basically find anyone you want to on myspace.com.

Oh myspace, what a way to connect people to others. :animeswea

What a depressing thought![/size][/QUOTE]

i know it is kind of sad but that is the best way i can keep up with my friends from either out of town or even the ones i go to school with everyday :animesmil

My name is...well i don't feel like telling you that so i'll just tell you my nickname. My nickname is neko. I got it from a friend because i'm slightly obbsessed with cats and japan (neko is japanease for cat in case you didn't know) I'm 14 and i like animes that no one else seems to know about; such as sgt frog, planetes, threads of time, and tokyo mew mew. I have one older brother and a mom. My dad still lives with me, but i prefer not to give himn the honor of being called "dad" or "father" because he doesn't deserve it. I'm not like anyone i know. Basically I've never met anyone like me. I've met similar people yes, but no one seems to have the same level of insanity that i do. I also have slight different personalities, one's quiet shy and depressed. The other one is loud, outgoing, and everything is just fine emotionally. I've tried to find a balance, but i can't. I'm also really into music. Iplay guitar and i listen to papa roach, trapt, evenesence, breaking benjamin, etc.
And that's all you really need to know about me.

I am a 19-year-old Katamari rolling pirate-obsessed ADD yaoi/yuri fangirlie.

I'm an uke. And I'm Italian. Italians own you, view my profile to see one. : D I LOVE girls. Boys are ick. *throws up*

I have pets - 5 hermit crabbies. I have dark brown medium-length hair that is usually messy no matter how much I brush it.

Roleplaying, painting, and DDR-ing are my hobbies. I also like cooking, Ramune, and long romantic walks on the beach. Except I don't really like long romantic walks on the beach because I've never dated anyone, ever. Being the loser I am. >D

My favorite anime are Kino no Tabi, MONSTER, and Mushishi. Favorite manga are Eyeshield 21 and Death Note. My choice of games are Katamari Damacy, Dance Dance Revolution and Kingdom Hearts.

My idols are Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshitaka Amano and Misato Mutsumi. I listen to They Might be Giants, The Delgados, Gorillaz, Joe Hisaishi, Nobuo Uematsu and Yoko Kanno.

And that's about all I'll rant about myself now because I think theres someone breaking into my house right now. (. _ .)

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]interesting thread,

well, ok, i'm 14 and live in Toronto, Canada (one of the few)
um....i'm a girl just so you know, shocking, i know....
i like drawing, not just anime, and i prefer reading/TV over other things
i tend to have a split personality, i'm the quiet type for half of the time, but if you know me long enough i turn into this really weird and LOUD girl...... :animesigh

oh yeah, i'm into history of places like Egypt.......i like their myth and legends :animeblus
and i DISLIKE mushy romance...[/FONT][/B]

What a brilliant way to circumvent all of the "hello I'm new here!" threads that would otherwise be popping up.

I'm Scott, a somewhat pudgy 23-year-old male with unmanageably curly hair and hazel-green eyes. Currently I live in Virginia. In person I am extremely quiet and prone to sitting back rather than interacting, essentially the opposite of the usual "wild and crazy" ways that people my age are supposed to subscribe to (you will never meet anyone more boring than me). I got out of college last May, and am currently doing temp work while I wait to hear whether any of the grad schools I've applied to have accepted me (eventually I'd like to get a doctorate and teach at a college level). I'm one of those people who tends to define themselves in terms of what they know and what they think about. I study religion, with dabblings in philosophy and literary criticism, all pretty much in my free time now. Currently I'm completely stuck on Heidegger and unable to pull away, although I also have my present side jaunts in Kant, Hegel, Plato, Levinas, Derrida, Habermas, Wittgenstein, and others (as well as things that don't quite fall into the same heap as them). My own poor attempts at serious writing nearly always gravitate towards considerations of justice, responsibility, love, and Being - though this may change in the future. I also study music, and once entertained the idea of becoming a professional composer or musicologist - my understanding of music ultimately starts with 20th century classical stuff (which hooked me back in high school before anything else had a chance to), and while I've broadened my horizons since then I still base how I think about music in those terms.

Obviously, I like anime, and have been watching it for well past a decade at this point. I'd say,with little exaggeration, that just about everything I've done (with music excepted) since high school can be viewed as an attempt to understand Evangelion better. I headed over to MyO and OB in order to see, on the one hand, if I could still manage to interact with people I didn't know after years of keeping myself limited to only a few trusted friends (I am not easily outgoing), and on the other, in order to begin subjecting the serious writing I've been doing on anime to eyes other than my own. This is because, first, I desperately need to relearn how to write in such a way that I maintain an honesty to my topic but also remain readable (my writing has been opening up a little bit since my densest moments midway through last year, but I'm aware that it's still extremely difficult to take). Second, because if I'm simply flat-out [I]wrong[/I] in the way that I'm reading anime, I can be corrected by those as deeply concerned with respecting the source material as I am. Third, because I can hopefully begin, if not [I]teaching[/I] others how to think more deeply into anime than we have previously, then at least letting learning occur. I hope, ultimately, to start others on the process of thinking, even if their thinking is different than mine and even if they end up thinking I'm completely full of it (actually, nothing could please me more).

This is beginning to read more like a manifesto than an introduction, so I'll stop here. Frankly you'll probably learn more about me from my serious writing than from whatever biographical data I can push.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Okay , my name is Alannah Alvarez.
I'm now 13 years old.
My birthday is January 12, 1993
I am a female.
I live in San Jose,CA
I'm a 7th grader from Ocala Middle School.
I'm the youngest and the only girl in my family.
I have two older brothers.
Some of my friends call me Alona or Alannie.
I'm 5 foot 1".
I have curly hair
I'm half Mexican and half Filipino.

If you what to learn more about me, then you can send me a private meesage.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, I just registered on the board yeserday, so i guess i could tell you...
My name..Classified Info, so just call me Zane
I'm a Male, of course
Im 14 turning 15 in July

Umm well besides the loving anime/manga part, I love Video games. I'm actually kinda sensitive! i love to write stories (Im writing a fanfic right now.) well, My fave manga would have to be....uhh..alot of them actually. But for some reason, im attracted to a manga clled whistle (Its a soccer manga O__O) and i dont even like sports. Id love to make a friend or 2 on the boards. Well i suppose thats all... :animesmil

[color=#9933ff][font=informal roman ][size=4][b]Well, I'm known IRL as Meg.

I'm 5'5 Hazel eyes medium brunette hair and I'm still trying to lose my post pregnancy weight

I'm 24 years old and was born on the 24th of July 1981

I'm a Leo. My element is Fire. My planet is the sun I was born in the Year of the Double Metal Rooster.

I'm sarcastic, witty, honest and loyal. I'm also cutting, cold hearted when hurt and I tend to hold grudges.

I'm a single mom trying to get a stable job. Because after I get the steady job I want to go back to school.

I like to read, write and watch cartoons. I also watch Jerry Springer CNN Morning show and am trying really hard to watch SG-1.

I don't know what else to add to this right now.[/color][/font][/size][/b]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Haven't seen this thread before, although it looks like it's been popular... >_<

[i]Real Name:[/i] Brooke
[i]Age:[/i] Turned 19 about two weeks ago.
[i]Home Country:[/i] Australia
[i]Siblings:[/i] Two annoying younger twin-sisters[/color][/size][/b]

My name is Zach, but there's no real point in telling you my last name because I'm getting married in...in...23 days....
I'm 19, I live in california, and My Unicorn just showed my how to make the most WONDERFUL Leek Soup in the UNIVERSE! And I don't even like leeks!

And yes, I am aware that I am somewhat obsessed with food. Leave me alone!

I like to write in my spare time, eventually I hope to finish something. Currently I'm writing a novel about a vampire, an alchemist (well...heh...), a were wolf, and an angel, who are in the process of discovering that they are, in fact, none of these things. If that makes any sense.

Or at least I would be if Fanfic Ideas for PSoH, FMA, and FF9 would stop chewing on my ear and leave me in PEACE! *shakes fist at muse* Stop distracting me!

I also draw, or more like doodle. I'm not all that great, but then what with the Wedding and everything I haven't gotten to draw in quite a while. Me is a bit rusty.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Have fun storming the castle!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]:) Ok. time to reveal myself...:D

Name's Adi...strange huh? Well, I'm Indonesian n that kind of name's pretty usuall in my country. Nickname? Maybe you could call me Ad or whatever...just make sure you won't offend anyone ;)

Alright, I'm a 15 years old boy and I'm currently live far from my parents. Why? Cause I'm on a college which is located far from my real house :(, I've no one here other than my uncle whose here to drove me to my college, since my leg for some reason cannot be used to walk without....err.....what would you guys call something that'll help someone to walk? Yeah, that's it.....:D

My family? I got two sisters, both are older....my family just adopted a child whose younger than me, so that makes me had a younger brother....:D

I love anime and games, I also love to made my own story....(still working on one....but it sucks.....:( )

I guess that's all for now....;)[/FONT]

My name: Robert but my frends call me Zero

My location: I would prefere not to reveal (for safety reasons)

My gender: Male

My siblings: two younger sisters (one a 6 year old brat and the other an infant) and a younger 4 year old brother.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh what the heck...

Many throughout the years know me as Japan_86 or Japan. I am still called that oddly enough, anyways....

My name is Laura Martin and I am currently 19 years of age and live in Eastern Washington. I didn't live here all my life and I used to move around a lot since my father used to be in the military. I was born in Florida but England would have to be the best place that I ever lived. I miss it there very much.

I am a single reluctant college student that enjoys writing, drawing, and as of late, reading. Some of my favorite books are: Memoirs of a Geisha, Hot Zone, Echo in the Darkness, Many Waters, Shogun, and An Acceptable Time. I read non-stop. I have very many friends all over the world that are special to me in many ways. I hate Math, I love history and love computers.

I haven't watched much anime as of late or even television for that matter, but I got into anime around the year of 1998. I've seen well over hundred and there are many yet that I wish to see. Unfortunely, I spend my time playing a rather addictive text RPG called Achaea and chat with friends. As for movies, I do not watch many of those either. There are some that I enjoy and love but I haven't had the time to watch them because college is taking much of my time, especially now.

In the next couple of summers I plan to live in England again for a year, as well as spend a month or two in both Europe and Japan. I had a chance to go to China but it was a tad bit on the expensive side.

As I've mentioned vaguely before, I am in college. I only just started going to a local community college last September. I am not sure what my major is exactly, but I hope for it to be in either Art, History, or English.

Of course I am a female and as some of you, or many of you know, (depends on who is reading this) I have long brown hair and brown eyes. I am slim with slight curves and I have a sweet and sarcastic personality.

Aye, I do have two siblings. I have an older brother that is 24 and a sister that is 22. My parents are still together and I have a black lab as well. She and I are like glue since she never leaves my side when I am home.

Anywho, since about July, I rarely came here, but now I am trying to pick up the slack and try and become more active.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
The name's Jigglyness but everyone calls my Jiggly for short. Most people can't tell whether I am male or female because of the awkwardness of my username. But if you want, you guys can call me by my real name, Sara. I'm female..as you can tell. :)

I is from Arcadia. It's this real quiet town in L.A. county. You might've heard of us if you live near southern Cali. We're mainly known for academics. :)

I just turned 16 in early Feb. Got my permit a few days after. X] can't wait to start driving.

Unfortunately, out of us three siblings, I am the only big anime fan. My older sister is too busy with her BF to be dealing with anime. She thinks its weird anyways. My little brother is starting to get into anime but he's always watching those pervert anime. It gets quite annoying to me. But he's more into sports. He's so much weirder than me....*blink*

[COLOR=Navy]Boredom sucks, so I decided to just post in this thing for the heck of it.

[B]Name:[/B] Mary
[B]Nicknames:[/B] Mary-san, Mary-O, Mare Mare, Sakura, Rin
[B]Gender:[/B] Female, duh.
[B]Location:[/B] Australia
[B]Place of Birth:[/B] Malaysia (100% Chinese)
[B]Age:[/B] 17 on 15th of February '89
[B]Eyes:[/B] Dark brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Black to dark brown in the sun; slightly wavy - generally straight
[B]Siblings:[/B] Brother, 21; Sister, 24
[B]Interests:[/B] Reading, watching TV, RPing, playing computer games, chatting, watching anime, listening to music (mainly Jpop) and reading fanfics
Personality: Funny, honest, trustful, sarcastic, loyal
[B]Favourite anime:[/B] Currently Bleach and GetBackers
[B]Favourite Book genre:[/B] Fantasy
[B]Favourite game series:[/B] Final Fantasy!
[B]Places I wish to go:[/B] Japan, Europe, America
[B]Favourite colour:[/B] Dark blues
[B]Favourite animal:[/B] Wolf
[B]Favourite flower:[/B] Cherry Blossoms

Erm, guess that'll do. Don't think anyone cares about any more than that anyway ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Verdana]Are you male or female?
Where do ya hail from, stranger?
How old are you?
Do you have siblings?

Male
Texas (WF)
13 (I feel young)
I have 2 brothers.
Interests:
I like to sports and video games.
I am skinny, I like to read, walk around, talk to people, go to church, and my favorite food is steak.

For anymore info, I would have to get to know you more.
If you want anymore you can catch me on aim at KingEarthEater (I am on it the mornnings (My time) around 6 - 8)
[SIZE=2]or[/SIZE]
You can PM me.

Both of them work.[/FONT][/COLOR]