OtakuBoards

age differance?

toxicsk8er

Okay, now this is for girls mainly but guys can do this too^^Ok, What would you do, if you liked this guy/girl, but there was an age differance?{ old or young}What are your age limits for both ways?{ill go ahead and answer too^^}
Mine for youngest are 11{im 13}and for oldest, 15^^Well, have fun and BE HONEST! ;)

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]I always say "Love knows no age". I have no preference to age as long as my lover is a good person.

Some might say that my way of thinking is dangerous, that older men might just try to "take advantage of me", but if they were going to, wouldn't they want someone a bit more attractive? :animeswea With me, love is what it's all about. Age doesn't matter.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=toxicsk8er]Okay, now this is for girls mainly but guys can do this too^^Ok, What would you do, if you liked this guy/girl, but there was an age differance?{ old or young}What are your age limits for both ways?{ill go ahead and answer too^^}
Mine for youngest are 11{im 13}and for oldest, 15^^Well, have fun and BE HONEST! ;)[/QUOTE]
It's true what Kenshinbabe said love has no age.I myself have a little age delema. :animesigh The guy I like is 18 and I'm only 16 AT THE TIME but next year I'll be 17 and then one more year that I can date him legally :animesmil well ... he'll be long gone at that time :animeswea :animecry: :( well yeah . :animeswea

[SIZE=1]Yup. I'm definitely with what Kenshinsbabe said. 'Age is just an attitude', lol.

But as for guys I have dated, oldest would be 17 and youngest would be 14. I'm 15.

I generally don't like guys to be too much younger than me, but nearly all the guys I have dated have been a little bit younger. Like, a month or so.

It's really nice to have a guy who can drive, since I'm not old enough to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

In regard to relationships, when I was younger I went by the one above and one below rule, which was based on the "years" of secondary school. Often of course this simply dictated I would only date girls either a year younger or older than me, and actually I think there was only the one case where I dated someone older than myself.

Nowadays, I still stick to the one below rule but have expanded the above to within reason, I think though I?d eventually like to settle down with someone in or around the same age as myself as marrying quite a bit over or under would have adverse effects on the relationship at a later stage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]It can in turns make a relationship complicated, but like many other stated love has no boundaries. If you really care about the person, age shouldn't matter. I know I'm a good example of this because my boyfriend is 17 and I'm 18.

Now this might seem like not such a big deal, if he wasn't a junior instead of a senior. I'm going to college now, and he's still got two years of highschool left. It makes it hard for me to relate to him because he's still going through highschool. I admit he's more mature at times then most high school boys, but he still can have that attitude where he thinks he knows everything even about college although he's never been there yet. If we last long enough however, I guess we will have one year of school together until I transfer to Sacramento or Long Beach State.

Age makes things complicated. But it can be done. [/SIZE]

[size=1]I'd like to be the annoying cynic for a minute...

So let's be realistic here - if you and a 12 year old child 'loved' one another, and you're 20, would you actually go out with him? Really - I know you all are being awesome by saying 'love has no limits!', but it does, and it exists deep within your mind. What would be the age where you just say 'that's a bit too old/young...'.[/size]

[size=1][color=indigo] I am 20. The youngest I've gone is my current relationship with Parabola. We're in a three year difference; you do the math. He's made me so happy, and I would wait for all eternity for him. Love has no boundaries. I fell in love with him, not his age. If he were fifteen now, I'd still wait for him.[/size][/color]

For me age difference is not a major issue as long as there is nothing illegal about the relationship. As Retri mentioned if you have a minor with an adult it's against the law. That is not right. If they really do love each other they can wait until the "jail bait" aged one is legal.

Love is very important, first and foremost. Age should not be a problem unless it is an adult "dating" a child. There is, of course, some grey area in this. Is it wrong for an 18 year old to date a 17 year old? Meh. I don't think so but legally I think an overprotective parent could make a big legal issue about it.

When I met my now husband I was 16 and he was 21. We didn't start dating until I was 18. My aunt and her husband have an 11 year age difference. As adults no one even thinks about the age difference but if you were to put that in terms of school grades then it is very disturbing. That would be a 1st grader dating a Junior in High School! In that context it's just plain wrong, but when the younger in the relationship is in their 20's...it's ok since both are adults. Hope I make sense.

I guess I break it down like this:

Adult + child = unacceptable.
Young adult (18 or 19) + older teen (16 or 17) = ok, but could be seen as illegal.
Older adult + younger adult = ok, they are both consenting adults.

Hevn here, 21, dating DeadSeraphim, 16.

I never thought I'd enter a relationship like it, I thought it's not right, but love strucks you in the weirdest ways. Mom had a problem with it once, and I know other people would too, especially considering how traditional our culture is. It doesn't matter, though. Love conquers all.

Thinking about Retri's post, though, I believe that anything below 14 is too young to have a relationship with older people. I agree with Panda that they should probably wait until the age difference doesn't look too awkward. Besides, anything below that age is probably too young for a relationship.

As for me, I'm glad we both have our parent's blessings. :)

I can't say I'd have a huge problem with someone significantly older or significantly younger, but I have to say, it be harder for them to get in my good graces (relation-ship wise). Love doesn't know age that's true, but I'm at a relatively young stage, and I don't believe it's right of me to consider those who're substantially different in age.

With adults, I don't have a problem with it really. As long as the relationship is healthy and strong, why be bothered? heck, a schoolmate of mine has parent's that must have a 20 year age difference [I]at least.[/I] But they, unlike many many many other parents, are still together. And kudos to them for that.

[font=georgia][size=1]I do believe love really has no limits, but agreeing what Retribution had said, it still does exist deep within your mind for everyone. For me? I probably couldn't go over twenty-one. If I were to fall in love with a thirty-year-old however, or something along those lines, things just turn out that way and I'd get used to it, or it wouldn't be love at all and rather a silly crush. But that's only my opinion.

Haha, it's kind of funny. There's a Spanish Assistant at my school for spanish class, right? She's a pretty woman, so me and my friend joke around about sex and all, even though she's about twenty-five. We're immature kids, what can I say.[/font][/size]

I'm sixteen, and the youngest for me is 15. No lower than that, because even at my age, I find lots of people to be too immature. Oldest...well, usually it's 28, but I did kinda fall for this one guy...he was 34. But he was genuinely nice. Didn't care about sex or anything...he was always more into hanging out and stuff. Envied my poetry, too, lol. That's as old as I'e gone, with love. And we ever did anything. I don't like to go for younger guys. I prefer older ones. They tend to treat me better. They're more mature, and they don't act like little boys as much as guys my age do.

[QUOTE=toxicsk8er]Okay, now this is for girls mainly but guys can do this too^^Ok, What would you do, if you liked this guy/girl, but there was an age differance?{ old or young}What are your age limits for both ways?{ill go ahead and answer too^^}
Mine for youngest are 11{im 13}and for oldest, 15^^Well, have fun and BE HONEST! ;)[/QUOTE]

i think the girl has to be younger than the boy, for some reason. my bf is turning 20 in late feb and i'm 16 and my bday is in june. he's not too old, well not to me. anyway, the largest age diff limit would have to be 4 years, but after age 21, age diff doesn't matter just as long the woman is younger.

Well, age isn't a big factor for me. However, it seems to be a big deal for my parents. I'm engaged to the love of my life who happens to be 28. I myself am 19. Now, that seems to be a huge differnce in ages, but it's really not.

As long as you know what you're getting into, and are prepared to face scrutiny for your decision, God speed.

Just don't be underage and have sex with an adult. If that older person is discovered, they will be charged for your lack of willpower.

[quote name='Viva']i think the girl has to be younger than the boy, for some reason. my bf is turning 20 in late feb and i'm 16 and my bday is in june. he's not too old, well not to me. anyway, the largest age diff limit would have to be 4 years, but after age 21, age diff doesn't matter just as long the woman is younger.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I don't think the girl has to be younger. My boyfriend is almost six months younger than me.[/SIZE]

[color=#033333][font=trebuchet ms]I feel that the older I get, the less age difference will matter to me. Having said that, I'm in my first "dating relationship" right now. My boyfriend is two years older than me, but that hardly ever occurs to me.

I think right now I would be uncomfortable dating someone who was a.) still in high school, or b.) no longer in college. When I say this, I am talking about both age and situation. I suppose the age wouldn't bother me so much as the difference in worlds. That would put a strain on the relationship quite apart from any difference in birth years.[/font][/color]

I'll take the floor and say that, yeah there are limits to how young you can go. But to be honest, you shouldn't have to be told that. A 20 year old should have almost nothing in common with a 12 year old, there shouldn't be anything there to begin with. I think the youngest girl I would date would be 15. The oldest would be 22. I choose these ages because that way we're at least in the same spectrum, we should have some level of compatiblity here. A whole lot older of younger, then it should be left alone.