OtakuBoards

Choose......

myst

Cat, definitely. I have four. :catgirl: Cats are easily satisfied and have very distinct personalities. My cat Midnight is a cuddly ball of affectionate fur with a habit of biting metal objects. I promise not to write 100 pages about his cuteness.

Would you rather be honorable and live in poverty
or
steal someone's idea and be rich, and have the person whose idea you stole live in poverty?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=silver_blade]Cat, definitely. I have four. :catgirl: Cats are easily satisfied and have very distinct personalities. My cat Midnight is a cuddly ball of affectionate fur with a habit of biting metal objects. I promise not to write 100 pages about his cuteness.

Would you rather be honorable and live in poverty
or
steal someone's idea and be rich, and have the person whose idea you stole live in poverty?[/QUOTE]

[color=#9944ff][font=lucida handwriting]I'd rather maintain my honor. I'm a big believer in karma so I don't think I could steal something that would cause someone else to suffer.

Okay this should be easy Would you rather:

[center]Be in love but give up your beliefs

or

Never be in love but still have your beliefs?[/center]

I couldn't think of anything else[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9944ff][font=lucida handwriting]Okay this should be easy Would you rather:

[center]Be in love but give up your beliefs

or

Never be in love but still have your beliefs?[/center]

I couldn't think of anything else[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Tough one, honestly I'd look at that as a spiritual test, can my faith be bought for something. In all honesty I'd rather have my faith and be alone, which if I do enter the clergy could be a real possibility, than give it up for knowing love.

[B]Would you rather find complete spiritual contentment ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather find complete emotional contentment ?[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]Tough one, honestly I'd look at that as a spiritual test, can my faith be bought for something. In all honesty I'd rather have my faith and be alone, which if I do enter the clergy could be a real possibility, than give it up for knowing love.

[B]Would you rather find complete spiritual contentment ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather find complete emotional contentment ?[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=magneto]Gavin I think you inadvertantly solved a problem I was having... thanks.

Ooh this is kind of hard...Damn.

I think I'd rather be emotionally content because as philosophic and believing in a higher power I am (did that make sense) I also know that it's the people who question their faith who are more secure in it.

And here I go again

Would you rather be on American Idol and

[b][center]Have Simon Cowell try to be nice to you

or

Have Paula Abdul try to be a total beyotch to you[/center][/b]

After you sang a perfectly horrendous song

My origingal question was about watching anime dubs[/color][/font]

[b][font=Trebuchet MS]kingN, [/font][/b][font=Trebuchet MS]in future can you expand on your answers? Look back at other responses to this thread and you'll see most people give some kind of reason for their answer, and that's what'll make this thread interesting, instead of a seething mass of one-line spam responses.[/font]

[QUOTE=kingN]i really don't like american idol but i'll have simon cowell try to be nice to me.

heres one
would you rather live alone for ever and have no one
or
live with the people you hate the most[/QUOTE]
[color=dodgerblue]I'd definately rather live alone forever. For one thing, I'm a loner anyway, and for another: why live with the people you hate the most, just when it'd make you feel really bad? (That was a great question for an unsociable person like me :D thanks muchly)

If you were a criminal, what would you rather be charged for?
A) Break & enter, plus theft and vandalism on the side or
B) Grand Theft Auto and Speeding Tickets...?[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=magneto]Gavin I think you inadvertantly solved a problem I was having... thanks.[/color'][/font][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Your welcome, just glad to be of service to someone lately.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue]If you were a criminal, what would you rather be charged for?
A) Break & enter, plus theft and vandalism on the side or
B) Grand Theft Auto and Speeding Tickets...?[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Having played copious amounts of [B]Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas[/B] at my cousins recently, I'd definitely go with the latter. Of course chances are I'll never go either of them, but I'd prefer to whip down a high way at 160 Kmph listening to the radio than breaking into so old dude's home.

[B]Would you rather save your brother/sister depending on gender, from execution by assuming his/her identity ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather have your brother/sister depending on gender, save you from execution by assuming your identity.[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]So that means that I had to choose between saving my brother/sister by sacrificing myself or let them do so.

I'd rather saving them, I don't have much to do in my life anyway. It's not that I've given up living, it's that if I had to lose my life protecting someone I loved the most. I will surely not had any regrets.

Aww, how saintly am I...:D

Anyway, would you rather...

[i]Candy[/i]

or

[i]Cake[/i]

I just want to relieve this thread from all-serious choices for a while. :D[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype]

[i]Candy[/i]

or

[i]Cake[/i]

I just want to relieve this thread from all-serious choices for a while. :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]O.O I just had to come by this thread on the most difficult choice, didn't I? XD
But, I think I'd choose candy, because for example: If there wasn't chocolate, you couldn't have chocolate cake, and everyone knows chocolate cake is the superior cake. I can live without cake, but not my chocolate. ^_~

Alright, would you rather...

Dance wildly in shoes two sizes too small
or
Walk tight rope in shoes two sizes too big?

XD[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Anyway, would you rather...

[i]Candy[/i]

or

[i]Cake[/i]

I just want to relieve this thread from all-serious choices for a while. :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Honesty that would depend of the cake, if someone offered me Black Forest Gateau then there's no way I'm not taking it.

[B]Would you rather get kicked in the groin by accident ?[/B]
Or

[B]Would you rather get punched in the gut by accident ?[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1][B]Would you rather get kicked in the groin by accident ?[/B]
Or

[B]Would you rather get punched in the gut by accident ?[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[color=dodgerblue]lmao! Well, even though I'm a female and groin-kicking wouldn't be as bad as if I were a male, it'd still hurt. So I'd take being punched in the stomach, since I've had that done many a time whilst boxing, lol.

[b]Would you rather be eaten alive by ants[/b]
or
[b]Be stung to death by bees?[/b]

:D[/color]

[QUOTE=Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue][b]Would you rather be eaten alive by ants[/b]
or
[b]Be stung to death by bees?[/b]

:D[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Damn that's a nasty set of choices, die from having your system overloaded with toxins, or die from being slowly eaten alive by tiny insects. There really is no better choice for this one, but having been both stung by bees and biten by ants, I'll go with the bee one simply because I reckon you'd die from the toxins faster than you would from being slowly consumed.

[B]Would you rather watch your father die ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather watch your mother die ? [/B] [/SIZE]

Man, thet's crazy. I'll have to say I would rather watch my father die. because i don't really know my father and it's just too sad to see my mom die.

My turn. would you rather..
Take a .50 caliber sniper rifle to the head
or
be stabbed in the head by a hunting knife

Enjoy

[QUOTE=Alchemist1080]My turn. would you rather..
Take a .50 caliber sniper rifle to the head
or
be stabbed in the head by a hunting knife

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]An interesting set of choices, but I'm going to go with the .50 caliber rifle shot for the simple fact I'd probably feel nothing before the bullet hits. With a knife wound the chances are good there was a bit of fighting involved before he/she finally drove the blade down through my skull.

[B]Would you rather spend one month in the desert with all the supplies to keep you alive ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather spend one month in the tundra with all the supplied to keep you alive ?[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]An interesting set of choices, but I'm going to go with the .50 caliber rifle shot for the simple fact I'd probably feel nothing before the bullet hits. With a knife wound the chances are good there was a bit of fighting involved before he/she finally drove the blade down through my skull.

[B]Would you rather spend one month in the desert with all the supplies to keep you alive ?[/B]

Or

[B]Would you rather spend one month in the tundra with all the supplied to keep you alive ?[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9944ff][font=magneto][size=3]Tundra. I have a better tolerance for Cold than I do for heat. Plus I think I may like cold a bit better b/c you can always put more one... you know you can only take so much off before it becomes indecent.

Ooh my turn

Would you rather

[center][b]watch the dumbest movie ever made

or

Watch the scariest movie ever made?[/center][/b]

And Gavin thanks again. I decided that no matter how nice he acts other times not sharing some major beliefs of mine is not something I could deal with[/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9944ff][font=magneto][size=3]Would you rather

[center][b]watch the dumbest movie ever made

or

Watch the scariest movie ever made?[/center][/b]

And Gavin thanks again. I decided that no matter how nice he acts other times not sharing some major beliefs of mine is not something I could deal with[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Again you're most welcome Chibi, you're always welcome to any help I can provide. As for your set of choices, I loathe horror movies more than any other genre in creation, so the choice for me is not truly a choice at all, stupid movies will always be those who have preference over scary ones.

[b]Would you rather take $10,000 straight cash with no obligation to pay back ?[/b]
Or

[b]Would you risk that $10,000 on a double or nothing game of chance where you have 50/50 chance of winning ? [/b] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=#656446][QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1][b]Would you rather take $10,000 straight cash with no obligation to pay back ?[/b]
Or

[b]Would you risk that $10,000 on a double or nothing game of chance where you have 50/50 chance of winning ? [/b] [/SIZE][/QUOTE]50/50's as good as it gets. And I've been itching to strike that "High stakes gambling" off my to-do list so I'll go with the latter.

[b]Be marooned in the geographic North Pole in December[/b]
or
[b]be marooned in the geographic South Pole in June.[/b]
[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]As far as I can see, this thread had gained the most popularity on Otaku Lounge. It's wow and bow for myst from me! :D

[u]For Gavin's choices[/u]
I choose to take $10.000 straight without even risking it on a gamble. It's "better safe than sorry" for my reason, and I got no big luck too.

Some ppl might call me a coward for that :D

[u]For Delta's choices[/u]
Marooned on the South Pole! I wanna see penguins! I wanna see them! :D

Both has no difference on the point of chance of survival anyway, so then before I die, I wanna see penguins! :D

So now, would you rather

[i]Banned from OB[/i]

or

[i]Kicked on the groin (and a hard one for that)[/i]

:D[/FONT]

[COLOR=#656446][QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype][i]Banned from OB[/i]

or

[i]Kicked on the groin (and a hard one for that)[/i][/FONT][/QUOTE]Uhooo! Totally unrelated but grave choices, nonetheless! Thou art a formidable opponent, Raphael.

Lots of people get kicked in the groin but only a select few get banned. Let's go for glory: It's absolute and total [b]bannage[/b] for moi.

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][b]Be marooned in the geographic North Pole in December[/b]
or
[b]be marooned in the geographic South Pole in June.[/b]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Go.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype][u]For Delta's choices[/u]
Marooned on the South Pole! I wanna see penguins! I wanna see them! :D

Both has no difference on the point of chance of survival anyway, so then before I die, I wanna see penguins! :D[/FONT][/QUOTE][FONT=Palatino Linotype]There's your answer Delta.[/FONT]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446']Uhooo! Totally unrelated but grave choices, nonetheless! Thou art a formidable opponent, Raphael.[/COLOR][/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Here's another :D

[i]Forced to hear your grandpa talk about his youth age (which most of the stories are the replay from before) for a month non-stop[/i]

or

[i]Forced to watch Barney and Teletubbies double live action for a month non-stop[/i]

Well...[/FONT]

that's a hard choice... My grandfather spits a lot when he speaks, but teletubbies are horrible!!!

Anyway;
forced to hear my grandpa talk about his youth age for a month non-stop. (with a towel on my head, of course)

[QUOTE=lixian]that's a hard choice... My grandfather spits a lot when he speaks, but teletubbies are horrible!!!

Anyway;
forced to hear my grandpa talk about his youth age for a month non-stop. (with a towel on my head, of course)[/QUOTE]

Your are supposed to ask a question, okay?

Raphael -

Saying that my grandpa is dead, I would be forced to watch teletubbies.

If he was alive again, of coruse I would listen to him. Because I would care then, because he woiuld be the only one who could tell me.

Would you rather be with your friends on a party night,
or
Never see your friends again, but get all the money in your city?

Ooops!! Sorry!! :animestun

i'd rather be with my friends on a party night, although i hate parties, because i could care less about money.

Soso... Would you rather

live without the internet for 4 months

or

have to babysit your spoilt little cousin who is obsessed with Barbie.