OtakuBoards

How did you get your signature?

safetyjedigirl

this just a small question i would like to pose out of curiousity, how did you get your signature and wht did you choose it?
i got my signature from revenge of the sith novel, and the reason i chose it is because it really spoke to me. so, where and why did you choose your signature.

[FONT=Arial]I got my signature at McSignalds - they love to see you smile! Well, actually, they don't anymore. Now they're just lovin' it. Loving what, I wonder?

Just kidding. I came up with my signature from two things: The Crucible, and one of my best friends. One of my favorite parts of The Crucible is when Abigail is talking to Mercy Lewis...

Abigail: "He saw you naked!"
Mercy: "Oh, Jesus. (giggle)"

And one of my best friends started shouting "tax it like the British" for no reason. I thought it was lurvely.[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]My signature is actually the logo for the Sydney Opera House. Having just been down to the Mardi Gras - and having loved it - I thought I'd use that as a theme for my avatar and signature. I really like the Opera House logo, it's very simple and very distinctive.[/font]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']My signature is actually the logo for the Sydney Opera House. Having just been down to the Mardi Gras - and having loved it - I thought I'd use that as a theme for my avatar and signature. I really like the Opera House logo, it's very simple and very distinctive.[/font][/quote]
Oh, I see it now that you've said what it is. I sat here for three minutes earlier watching it, and pondering to myself: "What bizzare orginal animation has James created thsi time?" Another mystery solved!

I believe my signature is fairly self-explanatory; It's a segment of AIM conversation I had with Retribution recently, and I found it to be signature material. My signature until now has been pretty empty. The "Married to Kitty" is there to show... Well, that I have an OB marriage with Kitty? Haha-- Those are silly. And of course, the Graphics Club link, because it pwns like that. Represent.[/FONT]

It's pretty obvious where my sig is from, at least in terms of what anime.
I think I just googled anime signatures.
I'm trying to get another one made, but I'm not having alot of luck as of yet.
I'm hoping to find a new one soon.

What programs are good for making signatures??

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

There's no real secret to the meaning behind my signature, like safetyjedigirl, it's all based on Star Wars, although most of it is taken from the Expanded Universe. The first segment is the final line of the Jedi Code, which personally I think has meaning for anyone who is religious like myself. The banner is taken from a piece of concept art from Knights of the Old Republic II, [spoiler]though that actual event never occurs because Atris is a hypocrite traitor who ought to have been killed on Katarr instead of Master Vandar.[/spoiler] The final line and the links are from a Star Wars RPG I created some time ago that never took off, although I'm actually in the process of revamping and relaunching it.[/SIZE]

[color=#9922ff][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=3]My signature is a wide selection of things that I haven't changed in a while.

The banner is courtesy of Sakurasuka. I got the picture from an ad for Stila Cosmetics- which is my favorite brand of make up.

The little piece that says: danse chaque fin il a y un debut is French for: In the end there is also a beginning. It's pretty much my motto right now since last year was utter crap.

Of course my Desperate Housewive's fanclub is in there along w/ the Wrist cutter love's fanclub and the Lost Prophet's fan club- I wonder what happened to those ppl... maybe I should remove that and put another quote somewhere?

And the excerpt from a song is from the Song The Hero Dies in This One by the Ataris from their So Long Astoria CD. I'm not sure why I choose those lyrics since I've seen other ones I like... hey signature update![/color][/font][/size]

Dagger gave me the picture and Retribution put the background up for adoption in the art forum. So a big thanks to both of them!! <3
And I made it!

It's only my 2nd sig I've ever made, and wayyyy better than my first one. I must say, I'm pretty proud of it!!

[color=#4B0082]Final Fantasy IV Advance has been out for a while now, but 1) it's awesome enough to keep its hold on my banner for a while yet, and 2) I haven't thought of anything to replace it. :p Though Metroid Prime Hunters or New Super Mario Bros. might just do the trick.

I made the banner myself, using a scan of some official art of (from left to right) Kain, Rosa, and Cecil that was featured in Nintendo Power as well as the game's official logo. Add some drop shadows to reproduce the white glow seen on the game's box, some shadows behind the logo to make it stand out against the background, and voila. It's not exactly a complex banner, but I like simplicity in web graphics.

I've also got a couple links down below that which lead to OtakuFiles, a site of mine dedicated to keeping records of some of OB's best content and moments. Unfortunately, I'm horribly lazy when it comes to keeping web sites up to date, so it's kind of dead for now. The second one is a link to my DailyOtaku thread, which is a series of articles that I write from time to time on the [strike]completely true[/strike] scandals of OtakuBoards.

Simple and to the point is how I like my signatures.[/color]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']My signature is actually the logo for the Sydney Opera House. Having just been down to the Mardi Gras - and having loved it - I thought I'd use that as a theme for my avatar and signature. I really like the Opera House logo, it's very simple and very distinctive.[/font][/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I wondered what your newest avatar and signature was from! ^_~ I love the animation.

Mine is really simple and it probably always will be. It's a cropped picture I took of my dog in the snow a short while ago. I just got the section I wanted, changed the size to fit and then gave it a simple border. The words are because when you wash and dry a Bichon the right way (which is to use a commercial dryer to fluff the fur properly) they look like a giant soft cotton ball! ^_~

EDIT: Same picture just done by the talented Delta! ^_~[/COLOR]

[quote name='Stuart][FONT=Trebuchet MS']The "Married to Kitty" is there to show... Well, that I have an OB marriage with Kitty? Haha-- Those are silly.[/FONT][/quote] [size=1][color=#006aaf]Well, silly suits you. :P

My signature is a couple of lnks; one for the graphics club and my devART account. Woot for shameless advertising! I'll get around to a new banner soon.... Er, make that eventually. My laziness demands procrastination.[/color][/size]

Hello....:animeknow:

Simple, my sig is just a banner with Raphael's pic and quote on it (thanks to Zeke for the great ban and avi :D). Below it is a quote from Raphael in the start of the fight. I like it so much, it sounds evil.....but cool!!! :cool:

[COLOR=#004a6f]Well, I got the kitty picture for my sig, when I was doing a google search of cat pictures. When I saw this pictures I instantly fell in love with it. It was perfect for my username, which happens to be the name of nifty cat in a popular french canadian children's book.

Since the can is smiling, I decided to go with a saying that has to do with smiles, and hence, I used "a smile is a curve that sets things straight."[/COLOR]

[size=1]My sig is Takuto Kira from [b]Full Moon wo Sagashite[/b]. Before, I had Dark Mousy from DNAngel, but I decided to shift my attention. Yup.

I took some official artwork and just played around with them on paint shop pro. I didn't do anything special this time, though. :animesmil [/size]

Avatar is Sara Mudo/[SPOILER]Jibril[/SPOILER] from Angel Sanctuary. The quote and banner are both from Angel Sanctuary, as well. And Angel Sanctuary is from the inestimable Kaori Yuki, who has creates some of the most gorgeous art and intricate stories on the planet. :catgirl:

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]Well, my signuture is due to my anime hiatus T_T. I can not read a manga, see an anime, or do ANYTHING anime/manga related. This also means no avatars/siggy of anime/manga. So since I think I'm going insane due to this haitus I was like : "Heck why not show my insanity and stalk people!"

So hence my signature.....ha,ha [/SIZE] [/FONT]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Well, I think my signature is pretty obvious.

The picture is from the anime [i]Naruto[/i], which had been kindly put together by Ezekiel (love your work). It's bright and out there, just like Naruto's personality, and just like me.

I've also recently discovered that my dream and Naruto's dream are the same. So, I felt it fitting to have my signature as such.[/color][/b][/size]

my sig kinda contadicts my sn. sayuri of the fallen snow, yet my signature is about fire. if you play with fire... (oh i learned that part well alright. i got burned yesterday with propane gas). the pic is from this clamp site called duklyon cafe.:catgirl: lol calmp rox!!!!

[SIZE=1]Well obviously my signature was recently created by Delta, it's of the anime [b]Hana Yori Dango[/b] in which is kind of a comedic romance that I haven't seen in years but I adore for some odd reason. I seem to like a lot of the older anime artwork compared to the new.

It's not the best picture but it's hard to find quality scans for it. Also, the "Hana Yori Dango fan. Deal with it" is just a joke, because its such a girl anime. As for everything else, I had the username [b]pumpkin[/b] and now I don't. Self-explanitory. BTW: Stuart, why did you delete your myspace? Just because it has tons of drooling teenagers who's brains have begun to melt from being online too much and its secret plan to take over the world, myspace can't [i]really[/i] be that bad. Hmmm...Or is it?[/SIZE]

Thx to Zeke for my cool (well, at least for me....) ban... :D

My sig is pretty usual, just a ban with quote on it and also below it. For those who don't know, the one on my ban and avi is Raphael from Soul Calibur....he's cool huh? :cool: :D

Obviously, I get that qoute from SC...it's one of Raphael's entrance (before the battle begin) quotes, and I consider it the coolest of all.....:cool:

EDIT: Whoaaa sorry, I didn't realize that the thread was talking about HOW I get my sig not what's on my sig... :animeblus