OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='The Professor' date='07 October 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1286474649' post='700963']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]It's the lulz. Gotta be the lulz. Here, let me show ya.[/font]/font]
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
Nahh, Kubo has become the undisputed lord of trolling and lulz in recent months, hell the latest chapter if made the ending would be the ultimate manga troll ever.

Bleach is for lulz and occasional epic plot, Naruto is for hyper-manly characters and emos getting their asses kicked and Psyren is for epic plot, good pacing and cool characters.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='07 October 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1286492371' post='700974']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
Psyren is for epic plot, good pacing and cool characters.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Listen to this man here. He speaks the truth.

[quote name='Phenom' date='08 October 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1286535516' post='700980']
Listen to this man here. He speaks the truth.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Wise Beard Gav.
His Words Are Wise.
His Face is Beard.[/size][/font]

[quote name='The Professor' date='15 October 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1287102059' post='701096']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]This week's [b]Naruto[/b]: We see an armadillo's penis.[/font][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Would've been a far better chapter if they'd dropped the Naruto/Bee scenes.

I like the way Naruto has finally gone full DBZ with the inclusion of flying.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Phenom' date='21 October 2010 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1287643477' post='701203']
And people wonder why I hate Naruto's character so much.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh. I've actually noticed without Bleach to read as well I'm not even bothering to remember to check out Naruto when it's available.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='21 October 2010 - 06:40 AM' timestamp='1287657636' post='701206']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh. I've actually noticed without Bleach to read as well I'm not even bothering to remember to check out Naruto when it's available.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Agreed, although, I pretty much read Naruto and it's spoilers out of instinct now. But without Bleach around, I don't know, I don't feel like reading other series... (if that made any sense at all) Outside of Psyren, of course, and it's kind of hard to tell when chapters are released for that series.

Anyway, I didn't like this chapter. Of course we know I hate Naruto and his stupidity, and while I don't mind teaser fights I was expecting to see a lot more from the Tsuchikage and Deidara. Action is always first and foremost for me when it comes to anime and manga. And that goes double for Naruto since there are hardly any characters that I like in this series. (The ones I do like are dead) And when you don't satisfy me with my action, or rather when it don't interest then we start having issues, and that's the case here. It seem like it was fly, fly, talk, blast, stupidity, fly, talk talk talk, blast...... = BS.

That's was it felt like anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Professor' date='03 November 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1288770730' post='701489']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]In retrospect, the armadillo penis thing wasn't so bad.[/font]
[/quote]
Pfft. That crap was terrible. I don't mind some of the laid back moments in Naruto, but when it's crap like that, I'd rather stick with Naruto clamouring over Sasuke and I hated that too.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Gaara's speech was pretty cool, and it seems some of the coming fights are going to be very personal. I'm curious as to how Kabuto even knows about Sai's brother and why he hasn't resurrected someone like Jiraiya for his army. I'm also very curious as to what Itachi will have to say to Sasuke now that he's back again.[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't really felt like reading much of anything since Psyren ended :(. (And the slow and hate I have for Bleach with these chapters that's been coming out lately) It gave me that sense of freshness that I've always looked for with each release. Anyway, I'm caught up on Naruto and One Piece (I'll wait till Bleach is actually giving me some answers and action before I get back into reading that).

517 - 518

I liked these chapters, and yet again, while I haven't said this in a while, these other villages make the leaf look very weak. I was never a fan of Kankuro but he really shined in these chapters. He really improved and I respect the guy quite a bit now. Kumogakure, well we already know where I stand with this village (It's my favorite village) I'd really like to see more of Omoi, Karui, and Samui, mainly to see what they're capable of.

You can probably tell that I didn't care for this chapter. Same ol' Naruto antics.. Stick you fingers in your mouth why don'tcha to make things worst. I just don't find that funny one bit, and not to mention more Rasengan training. Seriously? As if I didn't have enough of the rasengan already.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I really dislike the whole "Power of Heart" being such a weakness for the various resurrected shinobi. Orochimaru at least had the sense to suppress their personalities before he sent them out into the field but this is just kinda lame where Kankurou of all people pulls out the "Talk no Jutsu" and has it work. Fights that should've been epic are probably going to only last half a page or so until the still living shinobi defeats them. Fearsome technique indeed.

As for Naruto's Bijuu-mode training I'm slightly happier that they've admitted Naruto's Sage/Super-Saiyan form is not the latter, it's just down to the fact the Kyuubi is a bit of a dick and won't help Naruto get there but that Hachibi admits he wasn't any different so we will hopefully see a more chatty Kyuubi in the future. Ruling out Bunshins was nice, but I was a little disappointed that the Rasengan is effectively just a human version of the Bijuu-bomb which naturally was the "that Jutsu" Minato was talking about. Sure Minato looks like an even greater genius for being able to take something only 9 demons can accomplish (although we've only seen 2 actually do it) and make it something skilled Shinobi could do, and then by adding an elemental-side to it something genius Shinobi could do but I'm getting a wee bit tired of Naruto only ever learning expanded versions of techniques he already has rather than some new stuff.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Glad I'm not the only one who's sick and tired of every battle ending with FINISH HIM - DIPLOMACY. It also happens to make less sense that you have to talk them to death when they're not even attacking you of their own free will. That's like setting a ventriloquist's dummy on fire because the guy with his hand up its rectum insulted you. Kishi seems to be living in some bizarre idealist parallel universe where the Civil War was won two days after beginning with absolutely no casualties when Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant decided to go grab a cup of Joe and talk it out.

Ironically, in such a universe, people like Sasuke shouldn't logically exist.[/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='03 December 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1291390958' post='702344']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I really dislike the whole "Power of Heart" being such a weakness for the various resurrected shinobi. Orochimaru at least had the sense to suppress their personalities before he sent them out into the field but this is just kinda lame where Kankurou of all people pulls out the "Talk no Jutsu" and has it work. Fights that should've been epic are probably going to only last half a page or so until the still living shinobi defeats them. Fearsome technique indeed.
[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Yes, the talk no jutsu is indeed lame, whether it fits him or not is a different story though... (He talked a lot back in the day so it may fit "shrugs") As for the length of fights, and while I don't mind it (short or long, as long as it goes somewhere I'm satisfied), be honest, do you really want to see another drawn out war similar to Bleach?

[quote name='The Professor' date='03 December 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1291411230' post='702353']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]That's like setting a ventriloquist's dummy on fire because the guy with his hand up its rectum insulted you.[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'd almost forgotten how much better you make this thread Ace.

[quote name='Phenom' date='04 December 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1291438763' post='702358']
be honest, do you really want to see another drawn out war similar to Bleach?
[/quote]

Similar to Bleach, no. I would on the other hand like to see characters like Neji, Tsunade and Gaara who are going to fight loved ones actually get some character development because of their fights rather than a few panels of "I love you X, and will be watching you always" and then that's it. The whole reason I liked the Edo Tensei summons, much the same to Naruto taming the Kyuubi was that it would fill in additional blanks as to the history behind Konoha and the characters.

Bleach's war was a bunch of strangers fighting another bunch of stranger with poor pacing and terrible plots, I don't see that happening here for the most part.[/size][/font]

[quote]Verification: Confirmed
Credits: ohana, saladesu
Source: 2ch, MH

Jump cover - Madara's face in the shadows and in front is half of frizzy Naruto
Lead color - Naruto foing Fuuton Rasen Shuriken, Madara making an imposing pose, Kabuto

520 The Secrets of Edo Tensei
[spoiler]Frizzy Naruto making the bijuu rasengan

An almost-impossible jutsu...

Bijuu rasengan explodes, Naruto collapses
Bee: This is just the tip of the iceberg â?ª You've got 95% black, 5% white â?ª It looks easy but is unexpectedly difficult â?ª
Naruto: I don't get it all when you suddenly throw all this + and - and black and white chakra and numbers at me! I'm the tactile type who remembers by doing! Besides, this rasengan is so heavy, I have no choice but to support it in two hands or it'd go out of whack... I can't be worrying about little details like that! This bijuu rasengan!! I'll just do it as many times as I need to get it! I'll do it, and do it and do it! I'll throw my whole self into doing this!
Bee: ...
Naruto stands, and his two hands hurt. They're covered in wounds. Naruto: Owww...
Bee: It may be impossible when you're in your human form... It's hard labour â?ª Take a break for a while, the wounds on your hands are the backlash from the jutsu â?ª
Naruto: I told you I couldn't be worrying about little details!
Bee: ...
Naruto becomes frizzy: Eight-tails old man! Watch until I get it to the 8:2 ratio, and when it's just right, tell me! I'll remember it by feel!
Bee: What a stubborn guy. Got it â?ª Everything I said to you is self-admonishment â?ª

Anko: Ugh
Madara: That woman, it seems she is still alive
Kabuto: This woman was compatible with Orochimaru-sama's curse seal, and has some of Orochimaru-sama's chakra in her body. We can't kill her yet.
Madara: That's no good... Let's end her life here. This woman has seen the real location of the hide-out and entrance
Kabuto: There is a need to suck Orochimaru-sama's chakra for collection while she is alive... You can call my body Orochimaru-sama's body, if you like... It's necessary for me to increase my power. If I do that, the power involved in using Edo Tensei will also be stronger, and more importantly... This jutsu uses the body of live humans... That's why I'm saying to keep this woman alive. It's beneficial for you, too, to increase our battle power, right? Or am I wrong?
Madara: A friend today, and enemy tomorrow... Perhaps... It's possible that something beneficial to you may turn out to be otherwise to me
Kabuto: It seems that you still do not trust me. So what must I do?
Madara: Edo Tensei... Does it really use live bodies? Explain that right here. Also, explain everything about that jutsu! Of course, that includes the way to stop it!
Kabuto glares at Madara: And if I say no?
Madara: Then you will never get what you desire, and on top of that, that which you desire will change entirely. To your own life!
Kabuto: (It'd be bad to fight the Rinnegan here... I still have a trump card... I don't need to rush...) Fine... But there is nobody we can sacrifice here... Since you said not to use this woman
Madara uses his teleportation thingy and brings forth Fuu and Torune
Kabuto: These people are, if I remember...
Madara: Danzou's dogs. Ever since I caught them, I've been using Sharingan to cast a genjutsu on them
Madara strangles Torune by the neck from behind, and kills Torune by breaking the neck (TN: Ohana is unsure if the neck was broken)
Kabuto: You have no mercy, do you...
Madara: Now, the ingredients for your jutsu are ready... Now use this one (Fuu) and use Edo Tensei to ressurect the one I just killed!
Kabuto puts Anko aside and pulls out a scroll and grabs Torune by the tail: ... I'll say this first, this is classified under Kuchiyose no Jutsu...
Kabuto stabs a kunai into Torune's stomach: ... Summoning the dead person's soul from that world, that pure world... Into this world, this impure world (TN: remember that "edo" in Edo Tensei means "impure world")... For this purpose, you need a portion of the human you wish to resurrect... A fixed amount of his body is required
There is blood on Kabuto's face, it looks like he is handling Torune...
Kabuto: A portion of the body containing personal information (DNA).
Kabuto places a piece of meat on the scroll + stabs his own hand with a kunai
Kabuto: Without doing all this, you can't use Edo Tensei. And those who are not in the pure world... That is, those whose souls are sealed into a different world, they too cannot be ressurected via Edo Tensei
Once upon a time, Orochimaru-sama tried to Edo Tensei Yondaime, but he failed. This is because he had already been sealed by Shiki Fuujin and his soul in possession of the shinigami. And... When Konoha was attacked... Sandaime Hiruzen also used the same sealing jutsu. And he brought the soul of Shodaime and Nidaime with him, so...
Madara: In other words, you're saying that you can't use Edo Tensei to resurrect any of the kage from Shodaime til Yondaime?
Kabuto: Yeah... I tried to ressurect a whole lot of people, though... But it's really difficult to get hold of DNA...
Kabuto places the scroll on the ground, and the jutsu formula (TN: like alchemy circles in FMA?) appear on the ground
Kabuto: That's equivalent to searching for a corpse, you see... If they're all rotten, I can't tell who they are. I made a lot of failed ones, too
Madara: This is the jutsu formula, huh...
Kabuto links his hands as Fuu who in the center of the jutsu formula begins to writhe
Fuu: Guaaaaa!
Kabuto: Like this, a living person becomes a container for the dead person's soul. And with that, we have the completion of Edo Tensei
Torune lies there half-dead
Kabuto: You can even consider this jutsu the greatest and strongest jutsu in all of the Ninja world!
Torune: Th... This is!?
Kabuto: Nidaime conceptualized it, Orochimaru-sama completed it. It is the greatest inheritance left to this world!
Kabuto stabs a kunai with a tag on it into Torune's head: This tag suppresses its character and makes it such that as long as the person is given any orders, he will have his powers from when he was alive and he will be undying, and become a pawn of mine who listens only to my orders. Of course, rare powers like the Sage of 6 path's Rinnegan or Itachi's sharingan are also retained... Just that... I couldn't find Shisui's body anywhere, and Jiraiya's body was in the deep sea, where the water pressure is to great for a human to enter. If you want Danzou's right eye or Sage of 6 paths Pain and the rest as weapons, first we need their DNA...
Madara: Don't get on your high horse just yet...
Kabuto: ... Well whatever... I have enough game pieces...
Madara: This jutsu is just too convenient... There must be some risk involved
Kabuto: Kukuku...
There is a list of names on the scroll

Where Inoichi-san is
Ao: Without Aburame Muta's intel, I had missed out on sensing... A large army is passing by underfoot! I'm extending the sensor radius further underground! Those guys... They intend to pass by this regiment by going underground! Do they intend to attack the allied forces from behind?
Raikage: Use Doton to dig them up!
Tsuchikage: Get in touch with Kitsuchi
Inoichi has something that looks like a perm machine on his head: Intelligence dept, hurry and get this info to Kitsuchi
Intel dept 1st division, this guy also has the perm machine on his head: It's here!
Inoichi: Good...
Intel dept 2nd div: Intel! Finally!
Allied forces, 2nd division captain, Kurotsuchi
Subordinate: Enemies total about 20,000. Coordinates 25, 30 underground! (TN: sorry I don't really get the coordinates thing)
Kurotsuchi: They're here!!

Zabuza, Haku are jumping from tree to tree. Sai's birds, holding explosive tags, approaches in midair and explode
Kankurou: We'll keep going at them one after another! Zaji, send a signal flare!!
Zaji: OK!!!
Zaji sends up the signal flare (looks like a smoke candle)

Kakashi: A red signal flare... It's the surprise attack squad. Let's move!
Gai: Mmm!

Haku uses his jutsu and is in a ball of ice with Zabuza
haku: Are you alright, Zabuza-san?
Zabuza: You're using your jutsus wastefully, aren't you, Haku
Zabuza watches as the other Edo Tensei ninja with them regenerate
Zabuza: This Edo Tensei... Dead people just can't die, it seems... I don't like this jutsu, either

Kabuto: What's the most spectacular about this jutsu... Is that there is no risk whatsoever to the user!

Akatsuki vs Shinobi allied forces, a real war!!
The end[/spoiler][/quote]

This chapter sounds very intriguing.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]This chapter was a bit meh for me. Kabuto and Madara having a spat was vaguely interesting, and he must indeed have some ace in order to be comfortable telling Madara the exact nature of Edo Tensei, I'm still pegging Kabuto as being Madara's superior if they two actually fight.

Details of Edo were also somewhat interesting, Nidaime conceptualising rather than creating (or perhaps perfecting) brings him down a bit in power again. If Kabuto has indeed perfected the technique even beyond Orochimaru then I suppose Orochimaru recreated the first two Hokages before actually summoning them against Sarutobi, which of course begs the question as to who exactly was in the final coffin.

Madara being cagey about what appeared to be Itachi and Nagato were also a bit telling, perhaps he isn't Madara as some have supposed but merely someone else claiming to be him and Kabuto's trump is indeed the original.[/size][/font]