OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Because you got to see Sasuke cry like the chicked-haired wuss that he is ? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]Oh my... I've only read the first 8 volumes in this series but that comment more than anything else tempts me to read the rest. *dies laughing* :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Because you got to see Sasuke cry like the chicked-haired wuss that he is ? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][spoiler] "Omg you guys, you guys, I have devised a perfect plan to avenge my brother. DESTROY KONOHA LOL WITH MY AWESOME ATOM EYES" Cue: yaoi/incest fangirls[/spoiler][/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms][spoiler] "Omg you guys, you guys, I have devised a perfect plan to avenge my brother. DESTROY KONOHA LOL WITH MY AWESOME ATOM EYES" Cue: yaoi/incest fangirls[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yep, until he hits Rock Lee with one of those radioactive eye-beams transforming him into the Incredible Hulk who proceeds to beat Sasuke to death with his overly large fists.

[strike]All this will also occur while Pein is killed by the legion of pervert super-ninja, led by Kakashi for ending the Icha Icha series prematurely.[/strike]

[b][Edit][/b]

The true end of Pein is brought about by:

[center][IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/051/3/8/PEIN_KILLER_by_free_energy03.jpg[/IMG][/center][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]...With each week the passes, Kishi's story-telling ability seems to get weaker and weaker. Honestly, I've read fanfiction plotlines that are better than this.

This Week's "Gems" included:

- Madara suffers from such a level of Keeping Up With The Senjus that he becomes Mizukage just because he can't become Hokage.

- Additionally when he's recruiting members for his S-Class secret organisation he hires his most loyal Mizu-nin without bothering to revealing his true identity, despite how this would have made for a better working relationship... Suddenly my respect for Zabuza has gone up a couple of notches for having the cahones for trying to take on Madara.

- Apparently Shodaime is a moron too, he has control over multiple bijuu and instead of finding some way to seal the monsters away, he decides that giving them away as part of peace deals is a better idea... I seriously hope Dubya doesn't read Naruto, otherwise he's going to start passing nukes out to the wrong people.

- Tsunade chooses to have Naruto's entire team there when it's revealed his sensei has been killed, completely oblierating his chance for private grief expression, seems Senju stupidty is also genetic.

- Sasuke and Hawk are off to play Pokémon with the Eight-Tails. Here's hoping most of them die.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
- Sasuke and Hawk are off to play Pokémon with the Eight-Tails. Here's hoping most of them die.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Agreed. But so are Akatsuki. I think it might go something like this, if we stick to the pokemon theme. *Kisame used cut!* ...*Naruto dodged the attack!*...*Naruto turned into a big a** demon fox and used Hyper Beam!*...*Kisame fainted!* [I]Naruto wins! You get 4897 poke as a reward![/I]

- Apparently Shodaime is a moron too, he has control over multiple bijuu and instead of finding some way to seal the monsters away, he decides that giving them away as part of peace deals is a better idea... [B]I seriously hope Dubya doesn't read Naruto, otherwise he's going to start passing nukes out to the wrong people.[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]ROFL[/B].

Your jokes > newspaper comics.

But in all seriousness, I honestly believe Itachi fried Sasuke's brain when he killed his parent's. I mean, wtf, how can DESTROYING KONOHA (which goes against everything Itachi stood for) avenge his brother? Does Sasuke even think these plan's through?

Kisame: "So you want to destroy the Leaf, but do you have an actual plan?"

Sasuke: "We eliminate their leader. That's all I can think of."

WTF.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Weel since Phenom posted the latest Bleach spoilers, I thought I might as well go ahead and provide the ones for Naruto 405. Before I do, let me just warn people, I've already read them, and genuinely, some of the false ones sounded better.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][SIZE="1"][B]Verification[/B]: [B][COLOR="Green"]Confirmed[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Source[/B]: NF
[B]Credits[/B]: Hatifnatten

[spoiler]Naruto: "You sent him?"
Sai and Sakura look at Naruto.
Tsunade: "That's right"
Naruto: "Why did you allowed something like this! Why did you let him went to that dangerous place alone..."
Kakashi: "Stop it Naruto. You don't understand what Fifth already feel..."
Tsunades flashback
Naruto: "Damn!"
Sakura: "Naruto! Where are you going?!"
*naruto whining*

Naruto goes outside
Kakashi apologies before frogs, but frog says he likes Naruto and thinks he's child of prophecy.

Outside.

Naruto walks and remember Jiraiya.

"Hey, Naruto!"
Naruto: "!"
Iruka sensei appears and invite Naruto to ramen ()
Naruto: "No..." ()

Naruto's house at night.
He decides to walk outside.

He sees people seating on bench eating ice-cream. It melts.
Naruto falls down in tears.
Comes Iruka-sensei.
Jiraiya recognized you as exelent pupil... bla-bla

Next day Tsunade ask Shikamaru to decipher code.

Then Tsunade remembers how she met Jiraiya for the first time, and start to cry "Idiot..."[/SIZE][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Apparently the stuff with the brackets around it is for where dialogue hasn't been fully translated yet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]You know it's funny but after having read the actual manga, as opposed to just the dialogue, I think it was actually quite a good chapter, or rather a very necessary chapter as far as the plot went.

Sure, Naruto exploded at Tsunade, we all knew he was going to, and to be honest, I think he was completely right to. Naruto is told in front of his collective team, and a bunch of toads he's apparently never seen before that the most important person in his life has just died, on a mission that Tsunade OKed. What did she honestly expect of him ?

And as for Kakashi, if I was Naruto I'd have turned and told him straight-up to go **** himself. For the man who's only ever trained Naruto when nobody else was around to do it, despite the fact his relationship with his father, well no offence but he's got no right to be telling Naruto what he should and shouldn't do.

Iruka is God for me at the moment. He?s not been in the manga for so long at this point, and yet he swoops in, as per usual in Kakashi and everyone else?s place and decides to play father for Naruto despite having no real link to the boy. Even Jiraiya who saw Minato as a son never really developed the same level of paternal bond with Naruto that Iruka has, and as usual when Naruto is at his lowest, it?s Iruka who?s there for him. God damn it?s a pity he?s not more than a Chunin, that man would be an awesome Hokage.[/SIZE]

- Sasuke and Hawk are off to play Pokémon with the Eight-Tails. Here's hoping most of them die.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][img]http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08255/hawkle836.png[/img]

Sometimes 4chan is good. [/font]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

You know, I like Naruto as a whole better when the characters show some real emotions once in a while. The last few chapters have been pretty good on that ground. I'm tired of all the exposition and detailed explanations of how people's moves work. Still with the exception of the latest, the past chapters sucked on about everything else.

Sasuke, Naruto, and Shikamaru have all basically lost the most important people in their lives in succession if you look at it. Now all that's left is for Gai to die and all my favorite characters will have officially 'grown up'. Seriously Lee... new haricut... please.... Once Gai is dead, oh how awesome you will be.

Also, Shikamaru and Temari need to freaking hook-up. Naruto would be greatly improved by some good ol' fashion teen love. Don't hate me for saying that... please.... But it would instantly improve the plot. I'm telling you.

And lol at Lunox.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]You know, I like Naruto as a whole better when the characters show some real emotions once in a while. The last few chapters have been pretty good on that ground. I'm tired of all the exposition and detailed explanations of how people's moves work. Still with the exception of the latest, the past chapters sucked on about everything else.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I'm the complete opposite lol. While I don't mind the whole "emotional" concept, I really don't care to see it either. I like all the fancy explosion and detailed explanations. (I blame Aizen for that)

As for the chapter itself. It was "meh" at best. Do I agree with Naruto lashing out? "shrugs" It's Naruto.. I've already stated my case against him so many times now lol.

I know they're killing me with the stalling, though. I want to know Pein/Pain's secret. All this other stuff don't matter.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Phenom'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I'm the complete opposite lol. While I don't mind the whole "emotional" concept, I really don't care to see it either. I like all the fancy explosion and detailed explanations. (I blame Aizen for that)

As for the chapter itself. It was "meh" at best. Do I agree with Naruto lashing out? "shrugs" It's Naruto.. I've already stated my case against him so many times now lol.

I know they're killing me with the stalling, though. I want to know Pein/Pain's secret. All this other stuff don't matter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Don't get me wrong, my favorite part of Naruto is the fighting and plot twists, its just that I hate when they spend an entire three chapters getting ready for things to go down, or when they spend four pages giving a diagram of the exact chakra distributions of how a person's jutsu works. Though I do like the explanations of strategies, like with Shikamaru.

I suppose I'm conflicted, but I definetly do appreciate it when the characters are humanized and deal with real-people problems once in a while, rather than "Ohmegosh Orichimarusgonnakillthevillage, ARGH!!!" Ya know?[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]I suppose I'm conflicted, but I definetly do appreciate it when the characters are humanized and deal with real-people problems once in a while, rather than "Ohmegosh Orichimarusgonnakillthevillage, ARGH!!!" Ya know?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Si, senor. Completely understandable, too. I guess I stay away from it because I get tired of it fairly quickly. (And the shonen type normally tends to be a little over dramatic.)

Off-topic, sorta. Me and my sister have a tendency to poke fun at random stuff, and today's issue was Naruto's (truthfully, most anime/manga characters) running. What's the point of their arms being in the air like that? Supposedly, making them run faster? I should go outside and tell one of them chitterlinks to pretend to be Naruto and run up the block 2 times just for a test.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Should my understanding be correct, it would be to cut down on wind-resistance and therefore, increase speed. Would be nice if it worked in the real world to a noticable level, but meh.

Anyway, I am right happy that Iruka has come back at random in this chapter. Like Gavin said, he's the one that has been the most fatherly to Naruto (and Jiraiya playing Grandpa is just as awesome) and has grown to becoming one of my favorite characters, so it's nice to see him back in the fold.

As for Naruto's reaction, I, too, think it was justified. And I agree that Naruto should have gotten uppity with Kakashi as well. I mean, that was his sensei, too, and far closer in ways than Kakashi was to him. He has a right to be a little edgy and explosive about the deal. (To be honest, though, I was surprised he handled Kakashi like he did. Is our little noisy ninja growing up?)

Anyway, I overall approve of this chapter, but I'm wondering what Shikamaru initially came to see Tsunade about...[/color][/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]'Kay, so I pulled a marathon a couple days ago and read the entire series so far. After catching up, I can honestly say that Good Guy Itachi isn't nearly as interesting as back when we all thought he was a murderous sadistic sociopath.

I've also noticed that Kishimoto tends to like to put his villains in a tragic hero position right before having them gutted. An example was Orochimaru's first "death," where they showed the flashback of him at his parents' grave. Kishi obviously wanted his jutsu obsession to look like a misguided quest to bring back his family, but then you sit back and realize he created his own village for the sole purpose of attracting human guinea pigs to torture, maim and inhabit. That pretty much ruins the attempted redemption right there.

Also, anyone else notice how most of the guys in this series are either gay or perverts? Notable examples:
-Haku and Zabuza. Sure, this was kind of obvious, but it's fun to note how one of the coolest characters let a young, incredibly feminine looking boy travel with him for the sole purpose of being able to take advantage of the special things Haku can do with his body.
-Neji. Byakugan sees [I]all.[/I]

Anyway, I could really care less about Sauce-Kay and his Nuclear Sharingan right now. I want to know what's up with Pein. Surely Jiraya's last sacrifice was worth something.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Also, anyone else notice how most of the guys in this series are either gay or perverts? Notable examples:[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]-Haku and Zabuza. Sure, this was kind of obvious, but it's fun to note how one of the coolest characters let a young, incredibly feminine looking boy travel with him for the sole purpose of being able to take advantage of the special things Haku can do with his body.[/FONT][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]:rolleyes: You've ruined the noble tragedy of Haku and Zabuza forever. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I hope you're happy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]But Neji is blatantly so uptight because he doesn't want anyone to realise HE'S SEEN THEM ALL NAKED.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]:rolleyes: You've ruined the noble tragedy of Haku and Zabuza forever. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I hope you're happy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]But Neji is blatantly so uptight because he doesn't want anyone to realise HE'S SEEN THEM ALL NAKED.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ecstatic.:p

No, but those guys were awesome. Even more so for the fact that they were 2 of the only 3 actual ninjas in this series, the other being Shikamaru. That arc was pretty good.

And yeah, I'm kind of glad Jiraya didn't have Byakugan.[/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]The Zabuza/Haku bit is probably my favourite arc in Naruto. I haven't actually seen or read any of Shippuden yet (I've just looked at spoilers, kekeke), so I don't know how the rest really compares.

I'm just disappointed that the rest of the 'Rookie Nine' have done absolutely nothing since their epic battles upon trying to rescue Sasukemo Uchigodmod. I'm glad Shikamaru got a fantastic story, but Hinata barely did anything even in the first story arc. I'd like to see her being put at the forefront a bit more.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Hinata barely did anything even in the first story arc. I'd like to see her being put at the forefront a bit more.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hinata and Tenten. The most underdeveloped characters in the series. Hinata, let's see... She has a crush on Naruto (can't imagine why,) she is considered to be one of the weakest in her clan despite being the heir and she has confidence issues. That's all we know as far as I remember, which is sad because she's one of the most likable characters in the series.

Tenten is even worse, of course. We know she's on Gai's team and she appears to specialize in weapons. That's it. We haven't even seen her fight. We barely know what kind of personality she has. She's spoken three times and her only 2 fights didn't get shown. I wish Kishi would use his characters after making them.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']We all are, Ace, we all are.:animesigh Though it may have been [I]very[/I] interesting...heh heh.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Interesting for who?

[quote name='Aceburner']Hinata, let's see... She has a crush on Naruto (can't imagine why,) she is considered to be one of the weakest in her clan despite being the heir and she has confidence issues. That's all we know as far as I remember, which is sad because she's one of the most likable characters in the series.[/quote]
Yeah, that pretty much sums up the reason for me not liking her lol.

[quote name='Solo Tremaine']The Zabuza/Haku bit is probably my favourite arc in Naruto.[/quote]That arc was ruined for me due to the anime counterpart. (Believe it)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Tenten did have that three-second match against Temari during the Chuunin Exam saga. It was more or less 'Look Tenten's fighting next oh she's unconscious', though. Although given how underdeveloped her character actually is, it'd be hard to make her interesting at this point. Missed opportunity, mayhaps?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Hinata has room for some great stories, I think. But the problem with having exactly the same abilities as Neji and with him already with some major fights under his belt, there's little she can do without it being just another Byakugan fight, albeit with different motives fuelling the drive of the character.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]It was in the Bleach thread there was the discussion about poor showings for female characters, wasn't it? I can't remember, heh.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]That arc was ruined for me due to the anime counterpart. (Believe it)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Oh, I really liked the way it was done in the anime. I watched the Japanese dub, though.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]Tenten did have that three-second match against Temari during the Chuunin Exam saga. It was more or less 'Look Tenten's fighting next oh she's unconscious', though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Pretty much. It was basically just a "hey, this girl's pretty strong. She beat one of Lee's teammates."

Then again, it didn't get the point across well since no one had ever seen her in action up to that point.[/FONT]