OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='haku877']Actually later in the series it explains that itatchi [spoiler] is hired by the hokage to get rid of the Uchiha clan and he is forced to choose his family of village, but he left sasuke alive because it says if you use the mangenkyou sharingan to much you become blind, and if you steal the eyes of another brother of family member they become blind and you have "eternal light" and live forever like, mandra. but mandra is involved because itatchi offers mandra, who was betrayed by the clan at the end of the first ninja war, to help get revenge on the clan and mandra accepts. then later itachi tells the hokage to not tell sasuke [/spoiler]

im only like 95 % sure cause i read them like 2 weeks ago, so i might have missed a detail or two.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I think you misunderstood the question Haku, I'm aware of reasons behind the Uchiha massacre, as well as the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. What I was talking about was why Itachi killed clan members who weren't any threat to anyone, i.e. his mother (an assumption perhaps, she never seemed like a shinobi to me), nor his aunt or uncle (judged by the fact he didn't try to fight Itachi, and chose to shield his wife). It just doesn't seem in keeping with the behaviour of someone who abhorred war and bloodshed as Itachi supposedly did.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]What I was talking about was why Itachi killed clan members who weren't any threat to anyone, i.e. his mother (an assumption perhaps, she never seemed like a shinobi to me), nor his aunt or uncle (judged by the fact he didn't try to fight Itachi, and chose to shield his wife). It just doesn't seem in keeping with the behaviour of someone who abhorred war and bloodshed as Itachi supposedly did.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Wasn't he [I]ordered[/I] to kill them [I]all[/I]? Well, except for Sasuke, of course. But I see what you're saying. Plus, wouldn't the non threatening members of the clan want to wage war on the village? Even without the threatening members of the clan, they'd still be capable of going to another country that could have been an enemy of Konoha and give that country their clan secrets to use against Konoha?:confused:

[quote name='chibi-master']Plus, wouldn't the non threatening members of the clan want to wage war on the village? Even without the threatening members of the clan, they'd still be capable of going to another country that could have been an enemy of Konoha and give that country their clan secrets to use against Konoha?:confused:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Probably, but I imagine the fear that death incarnate A.K.A. Itachi might come for them if they decided to move from the not-a-threat to the potential-threat category might keep them in line. That and of course Danzou might just dispatch Root to deal with them.

As for giving away Uchiha secrets to Konoha's enemies, I refer to the above point, if they became a threat to the peace of Konoha, then Itachi would likely kill them.

As I said, it was just those Uchiha who seemed... well, nice who were killed that didn't fit. I just don't get why Itachi was spare his brother and yet kill his mother.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]As I said, it was just those Uchiha who seemed... well, nice who were killed that didn't fit. I just don't get why Itachi was spare his brother and yet kill his mother.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I suppose I get what you mean, but you have to consider that Itachi's ties to his brother were damn deep. I mean, he put on that show at the end, but you can gather that having to do all those things at the end with Sasuke had to have crushed him deep down inside. He was given the order to kill the ENTIRE Uchiha clan, but he spared Sasuke against orders (hence why he asked Sarutobi to protect him) because he loved him so much.

As to why he killed his mother and the others... I suppose it might be because of the whole potential threat thing. Or it might have been because Sasuke's mom was actually a ninja and therefore a threat (the mothers of Konoha can be pretty badass when they want to; look at Kurenai). It's something that really can't be explained at the moment since we don't have a magical Viewing Globe into Kishi's head. But if the question it posed in-universe and Kishi determines it important enough to answer, he shall. I mean, we've been asking for years what happened with the Uchiha Massacre and he finally told us. Though it took him six years.

...So we'll probably figure that out around 2014, if we're following the pattern. And knowing Kishi's style of drawing things out to death, Naruto will probably run that long. --;[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Or it might have been because Sasuke's mom was actually a ninja and therefore a threat (the mothers of Konoha can be pretty badass when they want to; look at Kurenai).[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'd more say Kiba's mom, I sure as hell wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley late at night.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]...So we'll probably figure that out around 2014, if we're following the pattern. And knowing Kishi's style of drawing things out to death, Naruto will probably run that long. --;[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Sighs* Sad thing is, that's entirely possible.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]*Sighs* Sad thing is, that's entirely possible.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

True, so very and painfully true. But I wonder...how old is Kishi? Will he live long enough to stretch this out? After all, one of my worst nightmares is a manga ka dying in the middle of completing their series!

[quote name='chibi-master']True, so very and painfully true. But I wonder...how old is Kishi? Will he live long enough to stretch this out? After all, one of my worst nightmares is a manga ka dying in the middle of completing their series![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]34 according to Wikipedia, so I think him dropping dead of old age isn't going to be a problem.

Meh, I imagine the series isn't going to last too much longer, not another 400 chapters anyway. Sasuke's had his revenge/redemption plot, so now once we get through the Kakashi/Sakura development it'll probably lead into the final Naruto and Co. vs the remainder of Akatsuki.

I doubt Kishi is going to cover Naruto's time as Hokage, unless he wants to do a little timeskip into the future showing the Rokudaime handing over the reins to someone else.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I think you misunderstood the question Haku, I'm aware of reasons behind the Uchiha massacre, as well as the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. What I was talking about was why Itachi killed clan members who weren't any threat to anyone, i.e. his mother (an assumption perhaps, she never seemed like a shinobi to me), nor his aunt or uncle (judged by the fact he didn't try to fight Itachi, and chose to shield his wife). It just doesn't seem in keeping with the behaviour of someone who abhorred war and bloodshed as Itachi supposedly did.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

my bad!:animeswea

But I agree with chibi, he was ordered to kill EVERYONE but he didnt kill sasuke and pleaded no one told him about why he did this.

Also i have a question. i may have skipped over this and probably did, but how come the black flame came out of sasuke when Mandras sharinghan was near? dont you need the mangenkyou to use it, I totally missed it

[quote name='haku877']my bad!:animeswea

But I agree with chibi, he was ordered to kill EVERYONE but he didnt kill sasuke and pleaded no one told him about why he did this.

Also i have a question. i may have skipped over this and probably did, but how come the black flame came out of sasuke when Mandras sharinghan was near? dont you need the mangenkyou to use it, I totally missed it[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your agreement, but as for your question...That flame was "amaterasu". And, yes, you [I]do[/I] need mangekyo to use it. But remember, Itachi implanted his mangekyo into Sasuke. Get it now?:animesmil

[quote name='chibi-master']Thank you for your agreement, but as for your question...That flame was "amaterasu". And, yes, you [I]do[/I] need mangekyo to use it. But remember, Itachi implanted his mangekyo into Sasuke. Get it now?:animesmil[/QUOTE]

Now i hot it, thanks! and it was planted when he poked him right?

[SIZE="1"]Just got through 402 this morning, and I have to admit, I'm really disappointed in Kishi.

Half of the flashback content was unnecessary, we already knew that Sasuke as a child idolised his brother, so there was little point in dragging all that up again. I also noticed, just because I was talking about the character earlier, Mikoto was quite different than previous portrayals, i.e. her frowning and telling Itachi to do his homework was more in like with Fugaku, who himself was oddly smiling.

Moving away from that, I liked Sasuke's tears at remembering his brother, it shows his true humanity...at least until he then reveals his grand plans, which run completely counter to everything the brother he idolised stood for and sacrificed himself for. I mean seriously, Itachi killed his entire clan to save Konoha and the ninja world from another war, and now Sasuke wants to go and destroy Konoha... Somewhere in Heaven, Itachi realised he shouldn't have bothered sparing Sasuke that night.

Really, "Eagle/Hawk's" new mission feels as if it's just being written for the inevitable repeat Valley of the End fight between Sasuke and Naruto, as opposed to develop a new storyline.

And on a final note, Sasuke has officially the worst looking Mangekyou, if it is a Mangekyou, that has ever appeared in the manga. Seriously, a snowflake ? Fail.[/SIZE]

[quote name='haku877']Now i hot it, thanks! and it was planted when he poked him right?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]-Madara's a sly one. In some ways I think Sasuke just got suckered into finishing what Madara (and Orochimaru) started.

-So much for Kisame vs Suigetsu. Does this mean that Akatsuki and Sasuke joined forces? (Somewhat)

-This chapter in animated form would piss me off simply because of the flashbacks. Especially flashbacks of what we've already seen.

-So I wonder if this is going to come to a close anytime soon?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]-So much for Kisame vs Suigetsu. Does this mean that Akatsuki and Sasuke joined forces? (Somewhat)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm more wondering did this mean that Kisame knew Itachi was going to die in that fight ? Looking back in his attitude and the way he was happy to play with Suigetsu for a while, he just seemed a bit too relaxed, although we haven't seen his reaction to Itachi's death yet.[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]That may be the case with Kisame. It's not like he's an uninformed member of Akatsuki; he might have been on to what Itachi was up to from Jump Street. *shrug* We can't know until he shows up again.

Anyway, the whole "Eagle/Snake" thing was more a ties back to the question Madara asked way back at the beginning of this arc: Will Sasuke become an Eagle or a Snake in the end. It's something that straddles the line of lame when you think about how cliche it is. :/

As far as Team Eagle and Akatsuki joining forces, I'm not entirely sure about that. I mean, Madara is with them for now, but Sasuke probably considers himself far and away from Akatsuki as a whole.

And I don't think Sasuke's new Sharingan (has it even been named? Or is that the Eternal Sharingan?) is a snowflake. It seemed to be several eyes overlapping and forming somewhat of a complex kaleidoscope. But I could be wrong.

...But I do agree it looks a little bad.

Anyways, I have a feeling we're going to have a shift next week, since Sasuke's plans have been fully revealed. How long it will stay shifted is up to Kishi.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]It seemed to be several eyes overlapping and forming somewhat of a complex kaleidoscope.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]No, Sasuke's been haxxed again, achieving Beerfest's legendary Eye of the Jew, God help Konoha now.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]"Eagle/Hawk's" new mission feels as if it's just being written for the inevitable repeat Valley of the End fight between Sasuke and Naruto, as opposed to develop a new storyline.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

This is something that really disappoints me. Kishimoto has pushed me to the edge a few times in past months, but [I]this[/I]... Sasuke's 'conclusion' feels forced, rushed, completely contrived, goes against all logic and isn't even close to how an established character should act. Claiming to seek the deaths of those responsible for Itachi's hardships is one thing, but rashly proclaiming an [I][B]entire[/B][/I] hidden village has to be destroyed to satisfy him is a little extreme, not to mention retarded. Just because Sasuke has been given this new Sharingan (which is a [B]complete rip-off[/B] of the 'atom' symbol) doesn't mean he could master it in the blink of an eye (pun intended). His group isn't strong enough to boast the overthrow and demolition of Konoha - unless, of course, he fully embraces Akatsuki and in exchange for help in destroying the village, he'll hand the kyuubi over to them. Even this doesn't fall into place easily, since he's always been craptastic at cooperating or taking orders. Having Madara as a direct superior would chafe his britches, big time.

Just give me some Kakashi. Please?

Well they pretty much did to Sasuke what they've been doing to all of the old team 7. They turned him into Orochimaru. Sadly he's still a puppet and I'm just hoping someone will just kill him soon, because I'm just tired of listenting to to him. I've never been a very big fan of Sasuke in general, but enoughs enough.

I'm kinda curious about the whole issue with Kisame. The biggest question I have is where did he go? He was suppose to be fighting the rest of team snake, now team eagle, but suddenly they all just kinda reappear without any mention of what happend to him. It's possible that Kisame knew going in that Itachi planned to die in this fight, but there's no way to know that for sure.

What I really want to see right now is the aftermath. Alot of big things have happend in the last several chapters, some we still haven't addressed since there occurence. I'm eager to see whats going on in the wake of Jiraiyas passing and just what is really going on with Pein. What's the new team 7's paln of the future? I think it's still pretty obvious that they'll keep tailing Sasuke (ugh), but what do they plan to do now that Itachi is gone and they obviously can't possibly know how to find him this time. Plus, with his new vow to destroy the leaf, what will there next confrontation with him be like.

So many questions that I'm looking to be answerd, but I still have a feeling that it will be a while yet til Kishi offers any kind of answer.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]No, Sasuke's been haxxed again, achieving Beerfest's legendary Eye of the Jew, God help Konoha now.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Roflmao. OH NOES!! HE HAS THE EYE OF THE JEW!!!![/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Lol, but in all seriousness, the new sharingan really didn't surprise me, it just disappointed me. I mean, when is the god modding of Sasuke going to end?:animesigh Kishi really need's to work on his storyline-making skillz.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I mean, when is the god modding of Sasuke going to end?:animesigh Kishi really need's to work on his storyline-making skillz.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Who knows ? Kishi is clearly having a Sasuke fangirlism at the moment.

On a side note, the amount of Jewchiha Sasuke vs Hyuuga Nazi threads that are cropping up are really making me laugh, man that fight should've happened so long ago in the manga. Maybe that's why we've never seen any other Jashin followers aside from Hidan.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]-Bah, of all the flashbacks, they have to go back to the ones where Naruto's being naive. (Flashback within a flashback... This one's gonna piss me off in animated form.)

-And then of all people, Itachi chose to give some of his powers to Naruto. Should've been Kakashi. I just hope that Naruto don't have the sharingan now.

-And what was it that Itachi wanted again? The destruction of Konoha? Sounds like puppetry from Madara to me. It's understandable if Itachi wanted revenge, but still, it just sounds fishy.

-I suppose this means that Sasuke has Itachi's eyes now?

-[spoiler]Out of curiousity. How is Sasuke suppose to revive his clan when he's not into women?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Another flashback chapter that could have been summed up in about five pages, jeez, Kishi really needs to take a few tips of Tite on how to handle manga flashbacks.

As for the actual content:
- Naruto is still a naive idiot, the future fight between him and Sasuke will probably end in his death.

- Itachi's donating power to Naruto seems pointless, he's not smart enough to use it, although I am curious as to what it might be. Another "that jutsu" no doubt.

- Pointless flashbacks for one smile suck.

- Sasuke is apparently a naive idiot too.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]-[spoiler]Out of curiousity. How is Sasuke suppose to revive his clan when he's not into women?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I nearly choked on my tea laughing when I read that. So true.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]I just crammed the last 7 chapters in after a long time of not reading Naruto, and my reaction is...

WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER. [/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Because you got to see Sasuke cry like the chicked-haired wuss that he is ? [/SIZE]