OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

My first theory was that the numbers must correspond to entries in the bingo book, and that Jiraiya was telling his friends who Pain's six bodies were ... but since Kishi seems to be playing up the fact that only Naruto / the people who knew Big J best can crack the code, I'm obviously way off base there.

[size=1]Well, as Ace started it, I might as well post this weeks spoilers.

[QUOTE=MangaShare][SIZE="1"][spoiler][B]Verification[/B]: [COLOR="Green"]Confirmed[/COLOR]

Translation of the Japanese summary (it's real - corresponds to the pictures).

表紙シホ

The cover is Shiho.

~暗号部~
The encrypted message part

ナルトがカエルの背中のタの文字を見つける。みんな9だと勘違いしていたらしい。

Naruto notices the character "ta" on the toad's back. Everyone had mistaken it for "9."*

(*note: because they're similar...kinda タ 9).

そこでしかまるが自来也の書いた本でタから始まる物を探そうと言うと窓が開く
カカシ「おそらくコレだ」
しかまる「イチャイチャタクティクスの??タ!」
シホ「ではまず31ページを開けて下さい」どうするか聞くカカシにそのページを読めとシホが言うが内容がエロイ為躊躇するがナルトに早くしろと言われ読む。

At that point, Shikamaru suggests they look among Jiraiya's novels for one which begins with "ta", when the window opens and Kakashi says "probably this one."

Shikamaru: Icha-icha tactics..."ta"!

Shiho: Alright, then, would you mind turning to page 31?

Kakashi asks what they're going to do, and Shiho tells him to read the contents. Kakashi hesitates because the passage is kinky, but he starts reading anyway when Naruto presses him to do so.

暗号の内容は
本物はいない
だった

The message is "There *is* no real one."

しかまるが綱手の所に行くと言うと
シホ「私もいいですか?」しかまる「たのむシホ」と言われニコニコする

Shikamaru anounces he's going to Tsunade.

Shiho:"Can I come too?"

Shikamaru: Thanks.

At which point Shiho smiles.

場面は代わりペイント小南とマダラ
Scene changes to Pain, Konan and Madara.

マダラにペインは木の葉に目を付けられてると言われるが小南「ペインは無敵??九尾は確実に手に入れる」

Pain is told by Madara that Konoha's made him their target, but Konan replies "Pain is invincible...the Kyuubi is as good as ours."

マダラ「??」「八尾は佐助に行かせた」
Madara: I've made Sasuke go after the eight-tails.

小南「大丈夫?」
Konan: Is he up to it?

マダラ「俺が保証しよう」
Madara: I guarantee he is.

マダラ消える
Madara vanishes.

立ち上がるペイン
Pain stands up.

「小南すぐに準備をしろ」

"Konan, start preparations immediately."

奥から顔に黒い棒の生えた小南(さっき喋ってたのとは別。写メとりますね)と何人かが来る

From the back comes a "konan*" with black sticks protruding from her head, as well as other characters.**

*more like, a female looking character, going by the pictures.

**the other Pains, going from the picture.

「これから木の葉へ向かう」
"We head for Konoha."[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Personally it's a bit of a "Meh" chapter for me, although I am slightly intrigued by [spoiler]Pein's new female body. My first instinct for whatever reason lead to [url=http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/KushinaPein.jpg][B]this possible theory[/B][/url], although even I think it would be a lame plot twist.[/spoiler][/size]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][spoiler]"There is no real one"[/spoiler]. I swear, if that's the answer to what Pein is, I might as well stop reading the rest of the series right now.

Where's the build up at? It's like since Itachi bit the bucket, there's been nothing to get excited about. Atleast that's how I feel at the moment. Perhaps Kishi killed off his best character too soon.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][spoiler]"There is no real one"[/spoiler]. I swear, if that's the answer to what Pein is, I might as well stop reading the rest of the series right now.

Where's the build up at? It's like since Itachi bit the bucket, there's been nothing to get excited about. At least that's how I feel at the moment. Perhaps Kishi killed off his best character too soon.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The quality of the writing in the manga is really starting to slip, I mean first we have Sasuke being a complete and utter retard with his new mission, despite everything he now knows, and then this...Thank God Kubo seems to still know how to write a decent story.

This whole thing has gone down since the Jiraiya/Pein fight itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Well, thank God for mistranslations it seems, although "the real one wasn't with them/isn't there" isn't much more of an improvement. It does raise the question as to whether the "real" Pein is somewhere still behind the scenes, or that this new female body is the genuine article.

Should be interesting to see this person who's fought Pein and lived, even though I was under the impression that until Jiraiya he had not been encountered by Konoha-nin. Oh well, either way, it should lead to more training for Naruto.[/SIZE]

=_=; Ooookaay...nothing really special in this chapter... Does it seem like nowadays Naruto only trains and that Sasuke's becoming a bit more like Itachi?! I have lost a lot of hope for the manga...I may stop reading it...[I][B]May.[/B][/I] I'm not really sure...anyone wanna give me some reason(s) to keep reading?:animesigh

[quote name='chibi-master']anyone wanna give me some reason(s) to keep reading?:animesigh[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]With stuff as stupid and campy as Orochimaru's return, this series is so bad that it's worth reading just to Mystery Science Theater 3000 it every week.

So 8-tails is apparently a squid/octopus thing. That was actually so obvious I never saw it coming. also, Sauce-kay is now not only a hax, but an Akatsuki hax, Suigetsu is basically his answer to Kisame at this point, whatsisname's not really doing anything and Karin is an ugly Mary Sue with an emo fetish, as usual.

As for MST3K,

[IMG]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8789/06yf0.jpg[/IMG]

Woman has terrible taste.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']anyone wanna give me some reason(s) to keep reading?:animesigh[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Nope.

Ever since the whole "There is no real one" bit, I decided to stop reading for the story and just look forward to whatever kind of fight that kishi throws at me. (except fights involving Naruto.. Okay, I'll stop now =p)

I do wonder, how is it that Sasuke's eyes have surpassed both Itachi and Kakashi's though? I can understand his eye's surpassing Kakashi's because of him not carrying the Uchiha blood, but what the crap? Sasuke controlling folks with Mangekyo...[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]You just know it's building up to that chapter where Naruto wakes up the day after his graduation, to find out IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]...What's sad is, that's [i]entirely possible.[/i][/size][/color]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]You just know it's building up to that chapter where Naruto wakes up the day after his graduation, to find out IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That would be my final motivation to hunt down Kishimoto and do things that could put me behind bars for a very long while.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll start making humorous recaps of each week's chapter. That way I get a laugh and most of you don't have to put up with reading this crap if you don't want to.[/FONT]

Weeeeelllll
A reason to keep reading this Manga? I don't have a good one. Probably the only reason is the fact I play a Naruto based RP game on the internets. Literally the only reason.
Like, there is alot of stuff better than Naruto at this point. Before, I coulda said it was teh best thing out there. But not anymore. I mean.. I dunno. I can't really say anything else yet .-.

[SIZE="1"]So the fan-theories that Hawk/Snake/Team Emo-Vengers would become the replacements for the killed members of Akatsuki turned out to be right... Epic fail, truly epic fail.

I doubt that Sasuke's eyes have surpassed Itachi's at this point, Kakashi's possibly given his Mangekyou is rather new but in the latest chapter it looked like all he used was a Tsukiyomi. Of course we must also remember that Sasuke's eyes can't ever surpass Itachi's, no matter how much he trains them, given that they practically are Itachi's eyes, or at least, his techniques.

Meh, one of the things that annoys me about this fight between Hawk and the Hachibi Jinchuuriki is that this guy has had his powers for a lot longer than Naruto, at least by age appearance so if it's a decisive win for Hawkatsuki, well Naruto better get his toad training done but quick. That said, with his chakra capacity and bunshin training method, hopefully Naruto will get that power-jump he deserves.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Anyway, I'm thinking I'll start making humorous recaps of each week's chapter. That way I get a laugh and most of you don't have to put up with reading this crap if you don't want to.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

YES!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!:excited:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ace's chapter recap!!!!!

Chapter 409: Narootoe learns from the froggies!

Our chapter opens with the titular non-main character leaving Konoha. He turns to Shikamaru and wishes him good luck on solving Jirayas code...

Which was already deciphered last time I checked. Read what you write, Kishi! Holy crap.

Anyway, Shikamaru and Tsunade the Fanservice Hokage tell him not to worry because they'll let him know how the autopsy turns out. Apparently, this will be done by use of a "communication frog." I bet the only thing those frogs don't use frogs for is food. Sakurangst wishes Naruto good luck and the orange-clad moron departs in a cloud of dust because the toad he formed a pact with back during the Chuunin exams summons him. Dude, you're getting owned by your own weapons. That's sad.

After that, there's a small, totally pointless cutaway to Pains and then it's back to Naruto, who is for some reason surprised that he landed in the middle of a frog-infested forest. He then stops by Ma toad's place, where he is fed insects and lilypads because apparently the frogs learned absolutely nothing from Jiraya's time with them.

Naruto is then summoned to begin his training, but is first explained the difference between ninja and sage techniques, which is apparently ripped straight from Bleach's Shinigami techniques and Quincy ones. Sage techniques steal energy from the surrounding atmosphere. And the surrounding weekly releases in Shonen Jump, apparently. Of course, a food analogy makes it all click for our little ADD hero, and after a quick demonstration featuring Pa lifting a statue, the training begins.

No, wait. it seems Naruto must first become "one with nature." How does he accomplish this? By dying, of course.

Why is this all sounding too uncomfortably familiar?

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, Saucekay Uchihax encounters a wild 8 Tails, who is quite the saucy, arrogant young bard. What will Sasuke do? You'll have to find out next chapter. Because we all know we want more Sasuke.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No, wait. it seems Naruto must first become "one with nature." How does he accomplish this? By dying, of course.

Why is this all sounding too uncomfortably familiar?
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Tell me about it.

Ninja Turtles (The newest series), Bruce Lee, No Retreat No Surrender ?_?

There's nothing to talk about in this chapter. My brother brought up a valid point about the 8 tails. He looks like Hulk Hogan.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]There's nothing to talk about in this chapter. My brother brought up a valid point about the 8 tails. He looks like Hulk Hogan.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If he suddenly starts speaking like Hulk Hogan for no reason at all, then I take back everything bad I ever said about Naruto.

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sad part is, they already did this kind of thing [I]in Naruto.[/I] Back when Sasuke defected, remember?[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Oh.. Forgot about the whole Sasuke dying part. It's been so long since I've seen, read about that. (The whole Turtles, bruce lee thing.. I was talking about "the way with nature and "CHI.. POWER") Good read though.

[quote name='Shinmaru']If he suddenly starts speaking like Hulk Hogan for no reason at all, then I take back everything bad I ever said about Naruto.[/quote]
That would actually be thing I'd ever laugh at in Naruto.[/COLOR]