OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[SIZE="1"]I don't know about anyone else, but I was actually a little underwhelmed by that chapter. I mean, sure it was nice to see the switch back to the Konoha-nin, but I wanted a hell of a lot more reaction out of Sasuke than just a blank look, then a smile and then fainting after his fight with Itachi. It was nice to see Orochimaru's white snake get incincerated by Amaterasu's fire, poor Hebi-Sannin, even dead/unconscious Itachi still beats him.

As for Naruto and than others, again, sort of underwhelmed. I mean all we basically got was Naruto and Kiba complaining their attacks did nothing, Shino explains, they don't understand and Kakashi expects us to believe somehow Shino's insects can do harm to an S-Class ninja who apparently can phase through objects and vice-versa. Oh yeah, and Hinata told us what we all already knew.

I like Shino, but I seriously don't see how he's going to do anything against Madara. I think Solo is right, we might start to see some injuries here, especially if Tobi switches to Madara personality.

Oh and before I forget, completely agree with TC, it was nice to see Kubo admit that yes, Itachi should have fought better than that. Makes me wonder what the cause of those prior injuries were now though.

Yeah, this whole chapter for me felt like a bit of a rush job, maybe more accurately like two chapters crushed together. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Oh and before I forget, completely agree with TC, it was nice to see [B]Kubo[/B] admit that yes, Itachi should have fought better than that. Makes me wonder what the cause of those prior injuries were now though.[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Kubo? Don't you mean Zetsu? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Methinks you've been reading too much manga, Gav :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]Kubo? Don't you mean Zetsu? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Methinks you've been reading too much manga, Gav :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote name='TwistedChick']Actually, he means Kishimoto. Darn mangaka and their names both starting with K...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, well, when you're caught, you're caught, damn you Hugo, heh. Yeah, I meant to write Kishi, blame it on my habit of reading Naruto and Bleach at the same time when the new chapters come out.[/SIZE]

What?s this?! Shino?s back in action? He probably won?t be able to do much against Tobi, but it?s always entertaining to see him and his weird bug tactics in action. I definitely gotta get caught up with the manga again. I stopped reading since the beginning of the face off between Itachi and Sasuke, and it looks like a lot of have took place since then.

[quote name='Treble']What?s this?! Shino?s back in action? He probably won?t be able to do much against Tobi, but it?s always entertaining to see him and his weird bug tactics in action. I definitely gotta get caught up with the manga again. I stopped reading since the beginning of the face off between Itachi and Sasuke, and it looks like a lot of have took place since then.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]If you weren't interested in the Sharingan-off, then not a lot's really happened plot wise excluding them. This was the first time since the start of that fight it's actually moved back to the Konoha-nin.[/SIZE]

Ah, I see. I guess the fight between the two Uchiha brothers must been pretty long then. Even though I?m not a big fan of the two, I still want to see how things ended between the brothers. It should be interesting. And it?ll probably be a while until I catch up with you guys again, haha.

[quote name='Treble']Even though I?m not a big fan of the two, I still want to see how things ended between the brothers. It should be interesting.[/QUOTE]

You might want to catch up sooner rather than later if you think you'll be hanging around this thread much. Spoilers galore. If you've managed to skip the last several pages of posts, still beware that we're sure to drop some rather crucial details here and there as the weeks progress. Of course, if by "see" you simply mean have the visuals of what you already know happened, then you're safe. Be careful though if you haven't heard the outcome. Just saying...

[quote name='Treble']Ah, I see. I guess the fight between the two Uchiha brothers must been pretty long then. Even though I?m not a big fan of the two, I still want to see how things ended between the brothers. It should be interesting. And it?ll probably be a while until I catch up with you guys again, haha.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I agree with TC, we'll probably end up dropping plot bomb shells by accident for you, so getting caught up sooner rather than later might be a good idea. Heh, finally that spoilers warning in the title is coming in handy.[/SIZE]

Unfortunately, I sort of already know what the outcome is between Sasuke and Itachi, but as far as what actually took place during the fight, I have no clue at all. So I guess I?m semi-spoiled already, haha. But yeah, I?ll take your guys' advice and will come back whenever I get caught up with the manga again.

Meh...the fight itself was sorta stinkful. I still recomend you catch up with it, but it's going to be a bit unpleasant in my opinion. Well, back to the Narutobi fight. Eww...I just made it sound like they're a freakin' COUPLE! *upchucks* This is so disturbing since I'm a Tobi fan... Anyway, I'd rather see Hinata fight. Shino disturbs me a bit. Actually, anyone who fights with bugs disturbs me a bit. Hey! I almost forgot, HAPPY EASTER!:animesmil

[quote name='chibi-master']Anyway, I'd rather see Hinata fight.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Why ? Not in an offensive way or anything chibi, but seriously, why do you want to see Hinata fight ? The only fight she actually managed to do anything impressive in at all was part of the filler episodes. I'm actually just curious.[/SIZE]

Gee, well no offense taken. I guess it's because I admire the fact that she doesn't give up. I almost always give up on things if they aren't fixed to come out well. Yeah, I suck. Happily, though, I do have my Hinata moments. Plus I'd just like to see how much she's improved. 'S all.

[quote name='chibi-master']Gee, well no offense taken. I guess it's because I admire the fact that she doesn't give up. I almost always give up on things if they aren't fixed to come out well. Yeah, I suck. Happily, though, I do have my Hinata moments. Plus I'd just like to see how much she's improved. 'S all.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry, that question probably came out a little stronger than I intended it. I like Hinata myself as a character, even if she needs to get an interest outside of Naruto , I was kinda hoping the time-skip might've done something about that but c'est la vie.

I'd like to see how much she's improved too, but against Madara, that may be a bad idea. I'm actually still confused about what Shino can even do against someone who can have attacks phase right through him.[/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']I'd just like to see how much she's improved. 'S all.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if we'll see her do much fighting. She won't have improved as much as Team 7 (think about who their teachers were) but she should be stronger, I'm sure. I've always seen her role as more of a cheerleader for Naruto than a fighter, and a near-silent one at that (wait, does that even count as a cheerleader?). It would be nice to see if she's caught up to Hanabi, or at least shortened the gap. That would've been a good goal for her.

As for Shino... Before I'd seen any Naruto and my sister and brother were telling me about a guy who fights with bugs, I laughed. Hard. I thought it was one of the funniest things I'd heard, whereas my mother found it creepy. After seeing him though, I really enjoy his character. After what we've seen with so many characters slowly pulling out one cheap trick after another to try and one-up their opponent, it's nice to see a guy that will always go all-out from the start. It's about friggin' time.

Does anyone think Kishimoto might pull a fast one on us and kill off a Konoha-nin in this fight? I don't foresee the battle being very long, but he could surprise us. I don't think so myself, but I was just wondering...

[quote name='TwistedChick']Does anyone think Kishimoto might pull a fast one on us and kill off a Konoha-nin in this fight? I don't foresee the battle being very long, but he could surprise us. I don't think so myself, but I was just wondering...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]With Madara as their opponent, it's genuinely hard to predict. If he remains in his "Tobi" personality, I reckon it'll stay pretty much as it is, with him just joking around with the Konoha-nin, dodging their attacks etc, at least until one of the Jounin step up to fight. Then things might get a little more serious, but not to a point where someone is seriously injured or dies.

However, if he switches to his Madara personality, I can easily seem him killing someone, and pretty quickly at that. My gut feeling is that he'll target Yamato due to his link to the Shodaime, and if we're lucky, we might even get the background as to what happened at the Valley of the End all those years beforehand. I'd have said Kakashi could have been in danger too, except for Kishi saying he was going to be developed this year.[/SIZE]

I'm kind of curious too, to see how Shino will handle an opponent like that. Maybe he has some new kind of bugs, or some sort of new technique that will force Tobi into tangibility.

Regardless of how he does it, I'm sure it will be a fine read. Shino plans his moves very carefully and very well in advance. Like Shikamaru, he can find many unanticipated ways to defeat opponents.

He's also one of my favorite characters, so I'm hoping to see some fireworks, and not a signed death warrant. :p

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Two people with split personalities... Sort of. Nothing in this chapter really peaked my interest. I figured that this fight wouldn't continue. I am curious about what would be going through Kakashi's head after seeing another sharingan user.

Sorry.. Don't have much to contribute. Bleach dropped a huge bombshell, and, well.....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Well, seems like things are going to pick up again soon enough. I have to say, this latest chapter left me a little indifferent. I never expected Shino's attack to do anything against Madara, although at least we got some info on the actual ability he was using, better Space/Time Jutsu than the 4th eh ? Anyone else smell another Uchiha-power-up coming ?

Seems as well that Madara was the one who limited Itachi before his fight, given his lack of surprise as his descendent's loss. Hmm, guess as well Itachi really is dead, and apparently Sasuke isn't too far behind him.

On a side note Mem, where the hell did you get your hands on Bleach 316 ? Dropping hints like that is just damn cruel for the rest of us. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Anyone else smell another Uchiha-power-up coming ?

Seems as well that Madara was the one who limited Itachi before his fight, given his lack of surprise as his descendent's loss.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

God, I hope not. Please let this just be a technique unique to Madara, not something that just anyone can learn. Since Madara seems to be pulling all the strings in this situation, maybe he knew something about Itachi's disposition that prompted him to let him head off to death, or even as you suggested, aid him to that effect. I'm still a little uncertain as to who is the standing commander within Akatsuki. Is Pein strictly a figurehead when it comes to be the leader, or are they equal in authority? Did Pein also know Itachi was going to die soon? Just wondering...

Is it just me, or does anyone else get all fuzzy inside when Kishi has Kakashi be the one to piece everything together...? Yeah, I thought so. Just me. ^^ Though, his references to the 4th [I]do[/I] keep making me wonder when they'll have Gaiden in Shippuuden...

[quote name='TwistedChick']Is it just me, or does anyone else get all fuzzy inside when Kishi has Kakashi be the one to piece everything together...? Yeah, I thought so. Just me. ^^ Though, his references to the 4th [I]do[/I] keep making me wonder when they'll have Gaiden in Shippuuden...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, I actually can't wait to see how the revelation of another Sharingan user will affect him, especially because with Tobi's apparent age, and only one Sharingan eye, Kakashi is definitely going to have that one thought go right through his mind.

As for hierarchy, if Madara can order Pein around, it's pretty apparent who's in charge of Akatsuki, odd though that apparently half the group roughly was aware of his role and yet he still took on the Tobi persona.

Another Gaiden chapter would be cool too.[/SIZE]

Hmmm...I just read ch.395...At first, when Shino attacked with the bugs, I was screaming in my head(and a little out of my head), NOOOOO!!!! TOBI!!!!! Then I was a little annoyed with Shino because he was explaining everything in a really annoying way when nobody had asked him a question! Although I would have been asking the questions he was answering. Heh. Now, I'm wondering, if Tobi could use that time/space jutsu, why didn't he just use it to escape the bugs in the first place? Although, I guess it may have some sort of after-effect(the good jutsus always do.). Eh...

This chapter definetly had the line of the moment.

Tobi: Well?

Zetsu: Sasuke won. Uchiha Itachi is dead.

Tobi: Whooooa, didnt see that coming.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that almost died laughing when I saw that. I just recently started reading the manga(beginning when Jiraiya died.) Has Tobi/Madara always been this goofy? I cant wait until they start usin him more in the anime. Dude is a bonafied fool.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yes, Tobi has always been a bit of a clown in his actions and speech. Madara, on the other hand...

Truth be told, I'm more concerned about finding out more about Tobidara. I mean, he's potentially one of the most interesting characters in the series, but we really haven't learned that much about him yet, other than the fact that he's an Uchiha and (of course) he now has a vested interest in Sasuke.

I wants a Gaiden chapter too, yo. :/[/color][/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]On a side note Mem, where the hell did you get your hands on Bleach 316 ? Dropping hints like that is just damn cruel for the rest of us. :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Ah, sorry... :) I didn't get my hands on the actual chapter. I go to Bleach Asylum and they somehow get spoilers rather early. I've been dying just to hold in everything since Wednesday.

Uhh... I'm kind of thrown here.

[quote name='Gavin][size=1']Seems as well that Madara was the one who limited Itachi before his fight, given his lack of surprise as his descendent's loss.[/size][/quote]

I had to have missed it, but how so?[/SIZE][/COLOR]