OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Heh, this fight has been completely one-sided. When using genjutsu, Itachi seemed to have been thinking of a lot of moves, while in the the actual fight he just seemed as dumb as other characters... (The thought of taking Sasuke's eyes clouded his judgment.) Truly disappointing.

Good chapter though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='TwistedChick']I understand that the "new sannin" are supposed to be stronger than the old, but it seems exceptionally unbalanced to me. Sasuke was never [I]this[/I] far ahead.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Maybe this will be the trigger for Naruto's latent strength to come through and completely boost his abilities. Not only will he have the key to the Ninetales passed onto him from Jiraiya, but he's always had a much greater will and sense of determination than Sasuke so I think he's still got potential to surpass the Uchiha. Whether he survives or not is another matter. Either that, or Sasuke will be incapacitated somehow, much like Orochimaru with his arms. I'd like to see that to bring some balance to the angsty upstart.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Maybe this will be the trigger for Naruto's latent strength to come through and completely boost his abilities. Not only will he have the key to the Ninetales passed onto him from Jiraiya, but he's always had a much greater will and sense of determination than Sasuke so I think he's still got potential to surpass the Uchiha. Whether he survives or not is another matter. Either that, or Sasuke will be incapacitated somehow, much like Orochimaru with his arms. I'd like to see that to bring some balance to the angsty upstart.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, Sasuke has always been the bar that Naruto measures himself off of, which is strange considering he's much more like Jiraiya who was likely even stronger than the Uchiha. I imagine news of Itachi's defeat and Jiraiya's death will hopefully trigger a more serious training session for Naruto, the only problem is who can he actually learn from at this stage ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]...who can he actually learn from at this stage ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Since Naruto has perhaps the greatest raw power of anyone around, it won't be someone who focuses on strength or specializes in one area that he'll learn from. He doesn't need to get stronger attacks, but more varied ones, a larger arsenal so to say. After all, we've seen how only having a very few number of jutsu can pigeonhole a shinobi.

Naruto needs someone with a vast knowledge of jutsu, someone with experience in battle, who's quick on his feet, with ingenuity and freedom of expression in his fighting style. He needs Kakashi. Perhaps that's why Jiraiya agreed to turn Naruto's training back over to him once they returned to the village. He knew Kakashi would be able to take the power he'd drawn up in Naruto and shape it into a deadly weapon. After all, Kakashi is his father's son, the man who "in his time, the 'three great shinobi' of legend paled beside." Kakashi has what it takes, and if Kishimoto said we'd be seeing a lot more of him, it's pretty easy to conclude what role he'll be assuming.

[quote name='TwistedChick']After all, Kakashi is his father's son, the man who "in his time, the 'three great shinobi' of legend paled beside."[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Hah, for a moment I thought you meant he was [i]Jiraiya's[/i] father's son. I was like "OMG, Kakashi is Jiraiya's brother?!", and then I realised that you meant Kakashi's dad, heh. Go figure.

I was wondering how well Naruto might be able to develop on his own. You're right, I don't think he has the knowledge to do much by himself except improve his strength, so either Yamato or Kakashi would have to just lay technique upon technique upon him. Naruto can't (or at least, hasn't) used any genjutsu yet, right? Is he incapable of that?[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]It's not that he's incapable, he's probably just not good at it. In order for one to be a genjutsu user, one must have the capabilities to keep a firm head in battle and plan several moves ahead. Analytical skills are also a large part of a genjutsu user's necessary repetoire.

As you may have noticed, these are all Naruto's weak points. His nickname isn't "Konoha's No. 1 Noisy Ninja" for nothing, lol.

While it would be interesting to see him develop those skills, it is highly unlikely due to Naruto's inherent fighting style. He's very much an in-your-face pressure fighter as opposed to a "Make sure you're not getting in over your head" fighter as other characters are (or were at one point portrayed to be).

So, in short, I think it ain't happenin', lol.

However, I am convinced that Kakashi will be coming back into Naruto's training regime. There was a lot of time lost between he and Naruto when he was training Sasuke. And being that Kakashi is the Copy Ninja, there's likely some Wind-based jutsu he can teach the kid that he can use fairly well.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]However, I am convinced that Kakashi will be coming back into Naruto's training regime. There was a lot of time lost between he and Naruto when he was training Sasuke. And being that Kakashi is the Copy Ninja, there's likely some Wind-based jutsu he can teach the kid that he can use fairly well.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Perhaps it's from watching too much Avatar over the last month, but if Naruto really wants to improve his wind-type jutsu, the best place he could actually go would be Sunagakure. He's practically best friends with the Kazekage, and after Gaara can no longer rely on his inner demon, I imagine he'd had to learn a great variety of techniques.

The one thing that I don't think fits with Kakashi training Naruto is that from what we've seen in the manga, he's already reaching near the Copy-Ninja's level of strength, but in addition, he's a very different style of fighter to Kakashi, who's style much more resembles Sasuke's.

Maybe what Naruto really needs to do is learn from a variety of different "masters", starting with Kakashi for ninjustu and Gai for taijutsu, though I imagine his genjutsu skills will remain pretty unmentionable. It really goes along the lines of what Yamato said, to get stronger Naruto needs to stop focusing on using the Kyuubi's chakra and start developing himself, perhaps he'll meet the Toads as well like Jiraiya did.

Either way, Naruto really needs to up his game if he's to have any chance at all.[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]391: All hail the Brothers Uchiha, Lords of all things retcon and godmodding.

Seriously, as if it weren't enough that Sasuke can now apparently control lightning (REAL LIGHTNING!), Itachi actually BLOCKED IT. And isn't blind in one eye to boot!

This has really gone past the level of ridiculous and created its own layer of craziness. I honestly don't know what else to say.[/color][/size]

Man, I cant wait until this is actually animated. Although these chapters more than likely wont be animated until this time next year(or VERY LATE this year), the animation of this thing is gonna be INSANE!

But as far as the story goes, I thought that was it for Itachi. When he got blasted and was laid out face down, I thought that was it. And next thing you know, friggen Sasuke transforms and makes you wonder "Why in the world did he do that?" and boom...Itachi is still friggen alive. ITS CRAZY!!

Well, atleast we know it'll definetly end next week.

[quote name='ImmortalGuru']...the animation of this thing is gonna be INSANE![/QUOTE]

Though I agree this will be an impressive series of episodes in the anime, they will be ones fraught with inconsistencies. Didn't we [I]just[/I] establish that Sasuke is out of chakra? That's why he's manipulating real lightning instead of creating it, correct? Then why in [I]God's name [/I]was he able to go Stage 2??

[color=darkblue][size=1]Two words: LOGIC ERROR.

Anyway, what may have happened was that Sasuke's actually been in Stage 2 all this time. I believe in one string of events, which may or may not have been what really happened, he actually did go Stage 2, therefore, Itachi may have then been able to put him in an master-level genjutsu and thus we get where we are currently, as confusing as that sounds.

Pretty off-the-wall (like this entire friggin' fight), but that's all I got.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]While I agree that this fight is definitely going to be a treat to watch in the anime, though it probably won't be as good as the Pein/Jiraiya fight, it's still got to go down for me as one of the most god-modded, OOC fights in the material period.

I mean seriously Kirin ? Kishi, why not just have Sasuke pull on a Superman suit and be done with it, or reveal his hollow mask, or whatever you're going to do that explains logically where his newly-displayed powers have come from. Is he going to pull out his sword and yell Bankai to finish the fight with Itachi ? Jeez...

As for Itachi, well apparently Susano, the Mangekyou technique we all suspected existed exists, but using it has left him completely blind. Only question left is whether or not Sasuke fighting a blind, out-of-chakra opponent is still crippled enough for him to win against with no chakra left himself.

I have to admit, as disappointing as this fight has been, what pisses me off the most if we have another year guaranteed of Super-Sasuke ahead of us as he plots vengeance against Madara.

Uchihas Suck.[/SIZE]

You're sooo right. Uchihas do suck, but that doesn't stop them from being there. Anyway, there is in fact another VERY IMPORTANT question, in case you've forgotten. An dthat question is...WHO'S GONNA WIN THIS DANG FIGHT?! I'm not quite sure. I know Itachi is gonna use this great jutsu, but the fact is, Sasuke, with the way this fight is goin', is going to evade it somehow! IT'S GETTIN' ON MY NERVS!!!

[COLOR=#503f86]More to the point, where does Sasuke's story go after this? Let's say he kills Itachi. His character journey is complete, essentially, unless he decides that he does want to go after Madara. If he doesn't, then he has very little left to do except be all-powerful. Orochimaru's gone too, so it's not as if that storyline can go anywhere else until Kabuto comes back. And even then, there's not a great deal either of them can do to each other. Well, Sasuke could cough and destroy half the world (including Kabuto) whilst simultaneously rebuilding it as a giant tribute to his own face, still leaving himself one hand free to do the crossword at the rate he's going now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]If he loses (and I would have preferred him to), then where does he go? He wouldn't go back to Konoha, and wouldn't be able to fight Akatsuki.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]So, for my own benefit, a list of ongoing story threads/plot carriers:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]-Jiraiya's fate and the prophecy[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Sasuke and Itachi[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Team Snake and Kisame[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Kakashi's Magenkyo[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Kabutochimaru[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Naruto et al and Tobi[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-The eight-tailed beast[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Anything else?[/COLOR]

If Sasuke wins, I'm not sure what will happen. I'd like to think that he goes back to Konoha, but we all know that ain't happening. So, yeah, he'll probably go after Madara. If he loses, there is no after, he will probably be dead...Itachi wants to kill him....except his eyes....eww.

Let's not forget whoever wins gets the super-duper-souped-up Sharingan. Presuming that a) Sasuke leaves enough of Itachi intact for an eyeball sandwich, b) he considers the powerup worth having despite his incredibly site-specific uber-jutsu and c) eating Mangekyou eyes will give him souped-up Mangekyou despite him not having Mangekyou in the first place.

Basically: Mangekyou Sharingan + sibling Sharingan = inexhaustible Mangekyou.
But does normal Sharingan + sibling Mangekyou Sharingan = any Mangekyou at all?
(And do we care?)

Well, I personaly couldn't care less! This sharingan stuff is too confusing anyway! I just wanna know who wins!It would be interesting to know what would happen in what situation, but I probably don't have the brain power to contemplate it. Besides, I have my doubts about this oh-so-great-and-unextinguishable mangekyo sharingan. If it's SO high and mighty, how come Madara lost the title for hokage? HMMMM....?

[quote name='Raiyuu']But does normal Sharingan + sibling Mangekyou Sharingan = any Mangekyou at all?
(And do we care?)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Not one bit. I doubt at this point Sasuke even needs the Mangekyou, let alone the permanent version. It's a possibility he may take his brother's eyes as his trophy for winning, or out of spite, seeing how much Itachi prized his Sharingan abilities. I imagine for any doujutsu based clan, the loss of the eyes after defeat/death is considered a mark of shame. Either way, he'll probably need the EMS for his fight against Madara.

Just going back to Solo's list there earlier, I'd actually be interested to see the manga focussed on the eight-tailed host for a while, unless of course it's secretly ret-conned to reveal that Sasuke is said host...which would suck beyond the point of infinity.[/SIZE]

I don't think that there's really any chance that Sasuke could be the eight-tails' host. I mean, really, we probably would have known by now. Not to mention that he probably would have used the eight-tails in this fight against his brother by now. Plus, Akatsuki would have been all over him. Also, Kishimoto would have most likely shown us bits of Tsunade talking about it, like he does in Naruto's case.

[quote name='chibi-master']I don't think that there's really any chance that Sasuke could be the eight-tails' host. [/QUOTE]

Oh, but it would suck so hard if he were that Kishimoto might be tempted to do it, right?

Please let all, and I do mean all, of this fight have been genjutsu or have Itachi step back any moment saying, "that clone took 90% of my power" and then proceed to unleash the beat down he should have at the start. I fear and deep down know that neither will happen, but oh, if only they would.

Bah,...I might be a bit happier if they were both finished off. I don't really like either of those jerks. By the way, you're right, twistedchick, the battle really has been waaaay too much genjutsu. Lucky for me that it looks like that has come to an end. While it looks like Sasuke's gonna die, it also seems that Itachi has a slim chance of living. He has a lot of blood lost. But that may not be a big factor 'cause they always seem to survive that in shounen. *chanting:please let them die, please let them die...*

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]More to the point, where does Sasuke's story go after this? Let's say he kills Itachi. His character journey is complete, essentially, unless he decides that he does want to go after Madara. If he doesn't, then he has very little left to do except be all-powerful. Orochimaru's gone too, so it's not as if that storyline can go anywhere else until Kabuto comes back. And even then, there's not a great deal either of them can do to each other. Well, Sasuke could cough and destroy half the world (including Kabuto) whilst simultaneously rebuilding it as a giant tribute to his own face, still leaving himself one hand free to do the crossword at the rate he's going now.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I too was actually wonderin about this. Somethin that made me wonder is doesnt he have Orochimaru's powers to take someones body? If so, maybe after he comes close to killing Itachi, he can have him merge with him like he did to Orochimaru. Then Sasuke could pretty much be the ultimate killing machine with not only Orochimaru's powers but Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan.

[COLOR=#503F86]I don't think he'll take Itachi's eyes. I think he'll be content just watching his brother die in front of him. If he'd wanted to follow the same path as his brother he'd have killed Naruto already to activate his Magenkyo.

Maybe he and Snake get recruited to Akatsuki? That would be the only way to keep the plot interesting, as far as I see it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Maybe he and Snake get recruited to Akatsuki? That would be the only way to keep the plot interesting, as far as I see it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I don't know, it would be interesting, and I could see it happening as Sasuke's way to get closer to Madara for his final vengeance except for one thing: Zetsu's there, and unless it was part of the genjutsu fight (I can't remember if it was) then he heard Sasuke claim he was going to kill Madara after Itachi. Meh, it would be interesting, especially in the highly unlikely event that Suigetsu beats Kisame. But then, it was also highly unlikely Sasuke would beat Itachi...

Once the Itachi/Sasuke fight is over, I wonder if Tobi will reveal Jiraiya's death and Sasuke's victory, I don't imagine we'll see a fight between himself and the Leaf-nin just yet. Either way, I want to see more training for Naruto, with Eye of the Tiger playing in the background. ^_^;[/SIZE]