OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]I'm a little slow. Pein/Pain is who/what now? Everyone in Jiraya's past? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Believe me you're not the only one. Jiraiya is almost certainly dead next chapter, but hopefully we may actually get the answer to the identity of Pein sometime soon.[/SIZE]

Yeah, same here. I'm bracing myself for something utterly bonkers that will threaten to snap my brain in half.

Also, it was nice of Kishimoto to give us two brief glimpses into other stories before being like, "sorry nothing else lol" this week.

[quote name='Shinmaru']Yeah, same here. I'm bracing myself for something utterly bonkers that will threaten to snap my brain in half.[/quote]

[SIZE="1"]I'm seeing a Fight Club scenario, Pein is actually Jiraiya all along, he just hasn't realised it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Also, it was nice of Kishimoto to give us two brief glimpses into other stories before being like, "sorry nothing else lol" this week.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I thought that was nice of him too. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Has anyone else noticed the slightly perverted level of obsession Pein apparently has with Jiraiya? I mean, think about it. For Pein to go and track down five different shinobi that Jiraiya has had contact with in the past, simply to control their bodies... It's more than a little creepy.

I do realize who I'm talking about here, but even among the villains that we've had so far, the only one that really comes close in my mind to that level is Ol' Snakes. (It didn't help matters much what with the whole snake body thing. *shudder*)

Anyway, I agree that it was nice of Kishimoto to give us a glimpse into what everyone really wants to see last week before focusing so heavily on Pein vs. Jiraiya again. Hopefully he'll stop beating around the bush next week so we can actually see the end of the fight before the Christmas break hits Jump.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Bah, they're killing me with these flashbacks and stalling. I can't get the Sasuke and Itachi fight. (I know. Too soon. Wishful thinking lol.) Can't get the Kisame and Suigestu fight. (maybe next... who knows) Now I can't get the identity of Pain. >_> One of those things gotta happen (be revealed) now. /rant lol.

Uhh... I don't really have anything to say about this chapter. I expected Naruto's mother to look a little mean/fiestier (Tenmari-ish) for some reason. (Don't ask lol)

Don't like Jiraya, but I guess you can't help but to respect the guy.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Uhh... I don't really have anything to say about this chapter. I expected Naruto's mother to look a little mean/fiestier (Temari-ish) for some reason. (Don't ask lol)[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, that was something I thought was a little weird too, perhaps though she's a student of Jiraiya's hair-based jutsu. :animesmil Still it's good to have a face to go along with the name.

Did anyone else notice, just out of curiousity that Naruto appears to have had his trademark whiskers before the Kyuubi was sealed in him ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I know we're not using spoiler tags any more, but in this case, I feel it's necessary.

[spoiler]R.I.P. Jiraiya.[/spoiler]

Anyway on a less sombre note, seems the Uchiha dojutsu fest is finally starting, here's hoping it's a better fight than the last one.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Indeed. Even though that fight wasn't all that great, I still want to know that secret. (Perhaps even more than I want to see Tobi's identity.)

I've been wondering where people said something about Zetsu's split personality, but I see it as clear as day here. Maybe somebody should've ran into him. I'd like to see how he fights.

[size=1]It's really hard to add to the topic if another manga (Black Lagoon) is stealing it's glory lol.[/size][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Indeed. Even though that fight wasn't all that great, I still want to know that secret. (Perhaps even more than I want to see Tobi's identity.)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I know what you mean, seems that Kishi wants to keep his secrets a bit longer. Speaking of secrets, I wonder when we'll find out what "that jutsu" Jiraiya was talking about a while back is.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]I've been wondering where people said something about Zetsu's split personality, but I see it as clear as day here. Maybe somebody should've ran into him. I'd like to see how he fights.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Of all of Akatsuki, he's actually the only one we know next to nothing about now at this point, but for some reason he just doesn't interest me. Maybe if he fights my opinion will change, but right now, he's just the messenger boy.[/SIZE]

Jiraiya: Goes out like a badass.
Pein: Keeps going as a douchebag.

All that I really need to say about that fight.

The Sasuke/Itachi fight will be fun if only for all the godmodding you know we'll see. Plus it'll be good to see Itachi (hopefully) actually pushed somewhat in a fight for once. Like Tombstone, I'm also interested in the BIG UCHIHA SECRET~ as well.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Poor Jiraiya... :'<

Though it's been expected for a few months now, I'm sad to see it actually happen.

I wish the fight wasn't so hopeless, too. It would of been better in my opinion if they at least gave the illusion that he could of won, only to shut down the hope instantly, or something. :animesigh

Though the Uchiha fight seems to be starting up (frickin' finally), I'm way more interested in the Tobi vs Konoha and ESPECIALLY the Suigetsu vs Kisame fight.

I think it would be funny if Naruto pulls a Shaman King with the Uchiha brothers fight, though (I'm sure no one gets the reference, but in the manga, Yoh and Hao Asakura face-off and seem like they're about to fight, but in the very next chapter are seen at a cafe drinking coffee together. :animeswea)

Also, about the comments on Naruto's mother, I recall Tsunade and Jiraiya mentioning that she was a wild child, but grew into a beautiful woman, so ya. :D[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I don't really see why people are so excited over the Suigetsu/Kisame fight, I know Sasuke assembled Hebi for the sole purpose of killing Itachi, and thus probably made plans for taking out Kisame in the process, but really, I think it's going to be an immensely one-sided fight.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I don't really see why people are so excited over the Suigetsu/Kisame fight, I know Sasuke assembled Hebi for the sole purpose of killing Itachi, and thus probably made plans for taking out Kisame in the process, but really, I think it's going to be an immensely one-sided fight.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

How can you say that, Gav?

Suigetsu's powers thus far, have been left majorly unexplored, and the little we have seen of him has been immensely bad-***. So not only do we get to see more of him (definetly my favorite new character in Shippuden thus far), but we also get to see more of my favoirte Akatsuki member Kisame, we get to see more background on the relationships between Mist Village shinobi and the inner workings of the Seven Swordsmen.

Its gonna probably be one of my favorite fights ever, if they show it all.

EXCITEMENT!

As for Sasuke/Itachi... who cares. Just a butt load of Sharingan crap is all I'm expecting. Tobi and Naruto, that's gonna be cool, me thinks.

But Suigetsu and Kisame is definetly gonna be dope.[/color][/size]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]How can you say that, Gav?

Suigetsu's powers thus far, have been left majorly unexplored, and the little we have seen of him has been immensely bad-***. So not only do we get to see more of him (definetly my favorite new character in Shippuden thus far), but we also get to see more of my favoirte Akatsuki member Kisame, we get to see more background on the relationships between Mist Village shinobi and the inner workings of the Seven Swordsmen.

Its gonna probably be one of my favorite fights ever, if they show it all.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'll admit, I do want to learn more about the kid and the Seven Swordsmen, because as a group they sound as if they kick ***. The thing is though, it took Gai to open six of the Eight Gates techniques to beat a 30% strength Kisame, that means that for Suigetsu to be able to fight at only a mild-disadvantage, he needs to be uber-strong, and I don't know, for me, that would be just a bit cheap. I just think it's more realistic for Kisame to dominate the fight completely.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]It's a clash of giant swords. =)

I've always found Kisame to be an interesting character that seems to get overlooked. And Suigetsu has been growing on to me lately. While it is expected that the fight will be one-sided, we just don't know anything about Suigetsu, outside of him being able to manipulate (that don't look like it's spelled right) his body. And he's able to take a punch to the face.

I guess I'm the only one that's not looking forward to the Tobi and Leaf fight. I just can't stand Naruto.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]It's a clash of giant swords. =)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Here's hoping Suigetsu has better luck with the sword than Zabuza, or at least isn't subjected to a plot-hole no jutsu. Given the recent chapters, I wouldn't be surprised if Kisame shows he can do a bankai. :animesmil [/SIZE]

:( [spoiler]R.I.P. Jiraiya[/spoiler] His happy-go-lucky attitude will be sorely missed.

As for the other upcoming fights, I'm hoping to see more action from the mysterious Shino. It's been quite a while since we've seen anything from the awesome bug guy.

[quote name='Tombstone'](Perhaps even more than I want to see Tobi's identity.)[/quote]Wasn't that confirmed in the latest chapter? I'm pretty sure Yahiko-Pain said something along the lines of "Madara ordered me to catch the Nine-Tails". Maybe I'll check the Japanese...

I suppose Pain could think he's Madara but it could all be a bluff ... after all, why would Madara (an Uchiha) have Shadowcat powers?

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Tombstone is right, Tobi can call himself every name under the sun, but until that mask of his comes off, and probably even after, there are going to be arguments about his identity.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Agreed, but the majority of people think he is Madara, and I have to agree with them. It just seems like everything is pointed towards Tobi being Madara.

[COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Matt']Agreed, but the majority of people think he is Madara, and I have to agree with them. It just seems like everything is pointed towards Tobi being Madara.[/QUOTE]
Quick point, Tobi said that he had acquired the [I]power[/I] of Uchiha Madara, not that he was him himself, meaning that, as he was the first holder of the Sharingan, meant that he had the Sharingan or something like that.

Then again Pain did say he was ordered by Madara and whatnot. So I'm going with Tobi is Tobi with Madara inside him ala Naruto style.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I reckon that Ikillion has the right idea on this. If Tobi so happened to be Madara himself, that would mean he perfected the Ultimate Jutsu (i.e. immortality) even before Snakes did. While that wouldn't be all that shocking at this point, I wouldn't put it past Kishi. I really don't know what to expect now.

By the way, Uchiha fight = lolwut? Those 16 pages went damn fast and I'm still not sure I caught everything. Godmodding powers, GO.[/color][/size]

Man, Sasuke Vs Itachi went by tooo damn fast. Hopefully in the anime, they make it drag out atleast 3 eps or somethin. But man, readin it just made it go by too quick. Finished that chapter in less than 5 minutes. But yeah, most definetly ready for the next issue to find out what that question is Sasuke wants to ask. Thats probably gonna be on my mind all week now.