OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[size=1][spoiler]Yes, elemental alignment does have to be taken into account. Although I don't think Jiraiya's specific alignment has been revealed (though it has been shown he can use Wind-element techiniques), it is highly likely that the two will be opposed to each other in Pein's favour. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see after what goes down between Sasuke and Itachi.[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Yeah, but power rankings in Naruto aren't as simple as that. For example, [spoiler]Itachi does consider Jiraiya to be a real threat to him (before the time skip, mind; who knows what a matchup between the two would be like now), but he was able to hold off Orochimaru with little trouble, while from what we've seen so far in the series, Orochimaru was more than a match for Jiraiya. Plus, we know for a fact ninja of a certain nature have advantages over others (Kakashi had a natural advantage over one of Kakuzu's hearts, for instance, but that advantage didn't carry over to the other hearts). Different ninja will have different advantages and disadvantages against each other. Perhaps Pein will be one of those fighters against whom Jiraiya will be at a disadvantage.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, you have a fair point I suppose. [spoiler]Though we won't really know until it happens. It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect it has on Tsunade if Jiraiya does die... after an absolutely titanic clash that is.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Yeah, you have a fair point I suppose. [spoiler]Though we won't really know until it happens. It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect it has on Tsunade if Jiraiya does die... after an absolutely titanic clash that is.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][spoiler]Lol, just go ahead and chalk up another sad story in Tsunade's life.

But I wonder though, why would Itachi go after Sasuke now? I mean, he just got out of a fight that nearly killed him, so why would Itachi want to test Sasuke's abilities if he's not at full strength?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Dbzman26'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][spoiler]But I wonder though, why would Itachi go after Sasuke now? I mean, he just got out of a fight that nearly killed him, so why would Itachi want to test Sasuke's abilities if he's not at full strength?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][spoiler]Well, technically, Sasuke did mention that assimilating Orochimaru seemed to increase his healing speed, so I would think that he's still able to hold his own in some respects. After all Sasuke is still no pushover. He did still manage to control Juugo even when he was completely exhausted (though he passed out right afterward, which was insanely cute, haha).

I'll admit that you do make a good point, however. I don't think that Sasuke is completely healed from his battle with Deidara (as that would be completely broken), so I too am curious to see what Weasel-kun has planned.[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Dbzman26'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][spoiler]Lol, just go ahead and chalk up another sad story in Tsunade's life.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][spoiler]True enough, but we saw that she's genuinely upset about Orochimaru dying, despite the fact he was for all intents and purposes a mortal enemy so I think Jiraiya's death would have a far more profound impact on her.[/SIZE][/spoiler]

[COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Whew. Well I can safely say my head exploded. While there was a lack in fighting and such at least we get to know who Naruto's [spoiler]parents[/spoiler] are.

Anyone else surprised at the revelation? [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][spoiler]I FRIGGIN' KNEW IT. I knew it the first time I saw Minato (he finally has a name, praise the Powers That Be!) that he was Naruto's dad. The resemblance is too much. His ability to pick up the Rasengan was also something to consider, along with Itachi once refering to Naruto as "the Fourth's legacy."

I'm not surprised at all and I am a little disappointed with the battle. Though I'm really looking forward to the real one.[/size][/spoiler]

This week's chapter was pretty good. Not too much action but it's a solid setup for all the craziness that's sure to come after.

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Whew. Well I can safely say my head exploded. While there was a lack in fighting and such at least we get to know who Naruto's [spoiler]parents[/spoiler] are.

Anyone else surprised at the revelation? [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, not really. Comparisons between [spoiler]Naruto and the Fourth Hokage[/spoiler] are made so frequently that I suspected they were [spoiler]father and son[/spoiler] for a while now. [spoiler]Plus, they [i]do[/i] look quite a bit alike.[/spoiler] :p

Still, it's nice to have it confirmed. I'm wondering how many people [spoiler]actually know Naruto is the son of the Fourth Hokage, though. You'd think people wouldn't be such ******** to the offspring of the guy who saved their village, haha.[/spoiler]

Anyway, more [spoiler]see you in the afterlife dialogue from Jiraiya. He's laying it on pretty thick, so I'm wondering if that's just to throw people off, but I still think he's going to the big hot spring in the sky. Good to know Pein thinks of Jiraiya as someone who is dangerous; hopefully, that's a guarantee that we'll witness a truly epic battle.

The unnamed member of Akatsuki is there, as well, but I'm hoping she won't get involved in the Pein/Jiraiya fight. I want to see what she can do, and it [i]would[/i] make Jiraiya look plenty tough to need two Akatsuki to take him down. However, it would really make Mr. I've Never Lost A Battle look like a complete douchebag if he needed help. Maybe the nameless one will keep Jiraiya's rescue party busy while Pein takes care of business.

And then there's Itachi and Sasuke ... to be honest, I was surprised when Itachi made the challenge to Sasuke. Maybe he really does think Sasuke is strong enough to take him on, though I wouldn't be shocked if Itachi has something else up his sleeve. I'm eager to see how Sasuke stacks up to Itachi now - after all, Sasuke himself said he wasn't strong enough to take on Itachi alone, which is why he gathered all his nutball buddies. Sasuke looked impressive enough beating the crap out of Itachi's illusion (he seemed to impress Itachi anyway lol), but it's pretty obvious Itachi did jack **** so he could see what Sasuke could actually do.

So, how do you guys and gals think the battle will go? I'm not too sure, myself, which is how I like it. I'm not even certain the battle will have an actual end, although if it takes place after the Jiraiya/Pein battle and its aftermath, then there's a stronger possibility of a decisive ending. As for who wins ... my gut says Sasuke, if only because having Sasuke killed right now makes pretty much everything he's done post-time skip a bit of a waste, and not in an awesome, literary way. Then again, it would make Naruto go nuts (can you imagine having Jiraiya [i]and[/i] Sasuke killed within a few chapters of each other??), and it will show even more that obsessive revenge = no. Plus, once Itachi dies, Sasuke basically loses everything that makes him at all interesting. It's too early for that, unless the series is coming to an end soon (which it could be for all I know lol).

So, uh ... stalemate, then? Bah, I'm confusing myself even more now, haha. :P

The only thing I know for sure is there's no way in hell Itachi is surviving this series. Either Sasuke or Naruto is going to kill him.[/spoiler]

EDIT: [spoiler]Forgot to mention I'm also looking forward to the Itachi/Sasuke fight because we might finally get some answers concerning what the hell is in the Uchiha clan's secret hideout.[/spoiler]

[size=1][spoiler]I agree that Itachi must die. (I also assume that there's some form of doujinshi, strip or fanfiction by that name on the Internet somewhere.) What would be amazingly awesome is if Naruto and Sasuke did it together. Of course, Sasuke would likely then turn on Naruto for getting involved in the fight and they would battle to the death. XD

Anyway, I think that the battle between Itachi and Sasuke will be pretty epic, but it will likely happen after the impending Pein vs. Jiraiya fight (Kishimoto loves cliffhangers like that, I've noticed). I also agree that it would be both awesome and lame if it took two Aktsuki to take Jiraiya out. Especially with that girl. She gives off bad juju (as in "HORI ZEN, why do you exist?!" like Karin. Which is exactly how I felt about Sakura at first.) :/

I think the fight will span at least five chapters, though (it damn well better, with all this build up. I mean, Sasuke and Deidara went for at least three.) So we'll have a while before we see how it all pans out.[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Kei'][size=1][spoiler]I agree that Itachi must die. (I also assume that there's some form of doujinshi, strip or fanfiction by that name on the Internet somewhere.)[/spoiler][/size][/quote]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2847269/1/][b]Itachi Must Die! (a 20-chapter series of random Itachi deaths)[/b][/url]

Oh, the power of Google. I also found an "Itachi Must Die!" poem, but the page wouldn't load. :(

[quote][spoiler][size=1]What would be amazingly awesome is if Naruto and Sasuke did it together. Of course, Sasuke would likely then turn on Naruto for getting involved in the fight and they would battle to the death. XD[/size][/spoiler][/quote]

Ha, yeah. [spoiler]I find it unlikely Naruto will be in the neighborhood when Itachi and Sasuke fight, at least not until near the end. Sasuke would throw a hissy fit were Naruto to interfere with his revenge.[/spoiler]

[size=1][spoiler]Thinking about it, here's a good possible reason that Itachi wants to fight Sasuke: To capture him and use him as bait.

Itachi knows that Naruto is searching for Sasuke and the Akatsuki is searching for Naruto (at least two of them are supposed to be, anyway). Using Sasuke to lure Naruto into an ambush or something along those lines seems like a possible outcome. Lame and cliché, yes, but effective. :/[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Kei']
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Also, Treble...[/COLOR] [spoiler]I don't think that was so much a look of fear than a buildup of years of hate toward a person and finally seeing them after you've wanted to throttle them for so long, lol.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/quote]

You were right, Kei. [spoiler]The expression on Sasuke’s face was all hate. He didn’t seem intimidated at all during the short fight.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru']
[spoiler]So, how do you guys and gals think the battle will go? [/spoiler]
[/quote]
[spoiler]I’m still uncertain as to how the fight between Itachi and Sasuke will turn out to be but hopefully it won’t be interfered by any outside parties. I want it to be an all out solo epic fight between the two brothers. But then again, they haven’t really shown Sasuke’s group and Naruto’s group these past few chapters. So they’ll probably show up eventually, perhaps a showdown between Hebi and Naruto’s group?

And as for Jiraiya, like you, I’m starting to wonder if all this foreshadowing is just a way to make us believe that he is going to die. I really don’t want to see another legendary Sannin go down the drain. Furthermore, I don’t think Tsunade will be willing to let another important person in her life die on her. It would be too much for her and she was really concerned about Jiraiya going in alone. I think it would be cool if Tsunade showed up to back Jiraiya up against Pein and the nameless girl. Plus, it would be awesome to see the two legendary Sannins team up again at full force. I don't know, maybe that's wishful thinking.[/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"]Seriously anyone [spoiler]who is actually surprised that the Fourth Hokage is Naruto's father ought to smack themselves. Still it's nice to finally have a name for him, and I'm glad at least we got to hear a bit about Naruto's mother and her background. Makes me even more curious about the whirlpool symbol on his back. Bets that the final Rasengan will be something like a tornado ?

I'm sad to say it, but Jiraiya is definitely going to die in the next few chapters. If it was any way obvious before, after his speech in the manga this week, it's pretty much confirmed now. I just hope it takes both of the Akatsuki to take him down, or even better, Tobi himself is the one the Toad Master fights. I mean is Tobi really is Obito, I can think of no bigger upset for Jiraiya than that he's fighting the student of Minato.[/spoiler] Whatever happens, when the anime actually reaches this point, somewhere in the next few years, this fight better look awesome.

[spoiler]If/when Jiraiya does actually die, I can actually see Tsunade handing over the title of Hokage to Kakashi in order to hunt Pein/whoever down. [/spoiler]

As for [spoiler]the fight between Sasuke and Itachi, my gut still says Itachi holds the upper hand, from what I could see in the manga, the illusionary version of him wasn't even using the Mangekyo Sharingan so I'd say the weasel is still just toying with his brother for the moment.[/spoiler]

On a side note, after seeing [URL=http://www.sheezyart.com/view/909106/][B]this flash[/B][/URL], Akatsuki will never look the same to me again.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][spoiler]…I mean is Tobi really is Obito…[/spoiler][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Ah, sorry there, Gavvers, but that's not quite right.[/color] [spoiler]Tobi is Madara Uchiha, not Obito. Obito is apparently very much dead, though that doesn't mean he still can't make an appearance somewhere later in the manga and freak Kakashi out. Lord knows Orochimaru proved bringing back long dead people is possible when he fought the Third. --;[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Ah, sorry there, Gavvers, but that's not quite right.[/color] [spoiler]Tobi is Madara Uchiha, not Obito. Obito is apparently very much dead, though that doesn't mean he still can't make an appearance somewhere later in the manga and freak Kakashi out. Lord knows Orochimaru proved bringing back long dead people is possible when he fought the Third. --;[/size][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sorry, that "is" was a typo, it was meant to be "if".

As for [spoiler]Tobi's real identity, we really only have two lines from Tobi himself in the manga to prove or disprove it. Until the Uchiha behind the mask is revealed, it's all really just speculation. I haven't read Kakashi Gaiden yet, so I haven't actually seen those scenes, but the fact that Tobi looks relatively young and has only one Sharingan eye to me seems to hint that he may be Obito. Or maybe I just prefer the idea of a major storyline with Obito rather than the barely mentioned Madara. :animesmil[/spoiler]

Do we really need to keep using spoiler tags Kei, I mean it seems everyone who posts here is up to date with the manga ? Would it not be easier to just add a [Warning Spoilers] tag to the thread title ?[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]To be honest with you, I've been considering something like that for a bit now. You make a valid point, so I will likely be updating the thread as such. Please keep using the tags until I give the all-clear, though.[/color][/size]

My brother & I read the manga [spoiler]at Naruto Manga Returns[/spoiler] in the Internet, and I started to make thing a little bit different compared to the anime series itself.

For me, the anime series is a good catch but I really disappointed on the series because some episodes are not aired: [spoiler]The last episode I seen is the former student of Konoha was been involved by the evil ninja, and Naruto and his group tried to save her. :animeswea [/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"]Yay, we can finally say stuff like "Minato Namikaze, AKA the Fourth Hokage was Naruto's father" without having to use spoiler tags. Hmm, maybe I should have used bold as well. Just kidding Kei. :animesmil

Just out of curiousity, where do the rest of you read the manga ? Personally I get it from the same place miss april does, so Chapter 368 should be ready by Friday.

Continuing my habit of posting links to Naruto relating videos, I found [url=http://www.dailymotion.com/sangoku64/video/xtv2x_jutsus-de-naruto_webcam][b]this one[/b][/url] by accident, but it's still awesome. There's more on Youtube if you do a search for the creator Shin Kakashi.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Yay, we can finally say stuff like "Minato Namikaze, AKA the Fourth Hokage was Naruto's father" without having to use spoiler tags.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Oh darn, should have listened to kei's warnings.

Actually it was obvious that he was Naruto's father. However, who is his mom? Was Naruto born imaculate from his father? :animedepr

I only watch the anime, why? Cause I'm noobish. But I did find the manga entertaining as well. I got the beggining of the Chunin Exams Arc where we see Gaara's team for the first time. I also read the part where Sasuke fought Haku. And I cought Sasuke's fight with Gaara. That's it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Just out of curiousity, where do the rest of you read the manga ? Personally I get it from the same place miss april does, so Chapter 368 should be ready by Friday.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]I read majority all of my mangas at Bleach Exile. I don't have to worry about long wait for downloading since I can just view them online. Chapter 367 is in better quality this time around, but most of the newer chapters have been in bad quality. (at these sites) If I can't depend on Bleach Exile for Naruto, I tend to go to Naruto Fan. (I stay away from the forum.)

[quote name='Premonition']Actually it was obvious that he was Naruto's father. However, who is his mom? Was Naruto born imaculate from his father?[/quote]
Agreed. I think it was noticeable when Itachi crossed paths with Kakashi the first time. Or atleast that's how it was in anime form. (dub version)

As far as Naruto's mother, it's mentioned in 367, which I don't feel like re-reading at the moment to get the details.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]However, who is his mom? Was Naruto born imaculate from his father?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Naruto's mother's name is Kushina Uzumaki. She was a Whirlpool Village ninja. Other than the fact that she had Naruto's brash nature and noticable red hair, not much is known about her.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Oooh... Whirlpool country, Uzumaki (which means Whirlpool fyi)

I'm getting an unholy village leader vibe from her now.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Nahh, apparently Naruto's personality and fighting style are damn near a Sharingan copy of his mother's, so I don't see her as being evil. Also the way Tsunade talks about her as a kid, I think that the Land of the Whirlpool must have been conquered at some stage when she was still really young, as evidently she was trained as a Leaf Ninja.

I really hope we get some more info on Naruto's parents soon, I'd even go without the Sasuke/Itachi fight for another chapter if it meant learning more cool stuff about Minato and Kushina. I wonder how Naruto will react, subconsciously he's definitely known the Fourth is his father, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with Tsunade or Kakashi tells him.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I wonder how Naruto will react, subconsciously he's definitely known the Fourth is his father, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with Tsunade or Kakashi tells him.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]"I knew it!! Believe it!!!!!! I'm so awesome!!!!"

But yeah, 367 pwned. I was so glad they finally admitted that the 4th was Naruto's father, but everyone practically knew that anyway's(I hope). But I seriously can't wait to find out more about Naruto's parent's. Especially his mom, I just wonder if she's anybody we've already seen, or if she is gonna be a new character.[/SIZE][/FONT]