OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Kei][size=1][spoiler]Well, I was quite happy with this chapter, actually. Although we only got a prelude to "the new Naruto," as Yamato put it, we did get to see Shikamaru's most badass moment thus far. Although I'm not a fan of him taking up Asuma's smoking habit, I'm interested to see what he does with his will of fire. Methinks Shikamaru will become more of a character to watch in later chapters.[/spoiler'][/size][/quote]
I argee with you on all accounts, but I believe he said he would stop once he revenged him...hopefully he isn't already addicted to them. O_o lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I just got done reading chapter 339, and I have to say that I was a little shocked with [spoiler]Naruto's new jutsu. I mean, this jutsu looks like it might prove really useful against Kakuzu and his 3 hearts. Since it seem's you can't really do close-ranged attack's against him, maybe Naruto can throw his Fuuton Rasengan at him?[/spoiler] That should be interesting.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[spoiler][size=1]Wow. Just wow. I really was expecting (or even thought it was possible) for Naruto to turn the Rasengan into a long-range jutsu. Not only that, he's managed to up the power, and taking into account the amount of strength it wielded prior to this... It's just pwnage if it hits. Wild. I'm really interested to see how this plays out now. Seems like Kakuzu's up against way tougher odds now.

The one thing I'm worried about, though, is how that will come into play if they have to go up against Kisame and Itachi again. They may have another one-up on Kisame, but since Itachi is a master genjutsu-user, it's really all about catching him before he catches you. And since he can hit long distance with his techniques (which is sick and wrong on many levels)... It should prove an interesting fight. This is assuming, of course, that Sasuke doesn't get to him first.[/spoiler][/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030][quote name='Kei][spoiler][size=1]Wow. Just wow. I really was expecting (or even thought it was possible) for Naruto to turn the Rasengan into a long-range jutsu.[/spoiler'][/size][/quote]
Nah, That is for the most part impossible since [spoiler]I don't know who it was who said it (It was either Asuma or Tenzo). But Wind based Chakra is more close range fighting than long-range.

Also remember, Tenzo said that Naruto has only Half-way mastered the new Rasengan. So this attack, even if it looks (and probably is) as powerful as it looks, its only at half power. Naruto probably created it as a current measure attack so the true Wind Rasengan will probably be even more impressive [/spoiler].

On a side note [spoiler], I hope this isn't the last we will see of Hidan. Even though it WAS Shikamaru and Hidan really WAS stupid. Its kinda saddening that he would be taken out so easily[/spoiler][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030]

On a side note [spoiler], I hope this isn't the last we will see of Hidan. Even though it WAS Shikamaru and Hidan really WAS stupid. Its kinda saddening that he would be taken out so easily[/spoiler][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray][spoiler]Yeah, I was wondering if Hidan's last words were just an empty threat or a future problem. Hard to tell, but I hope he just stays dead. v_v[/spoiler]

This chapter was sort of a set up for the next one, I guess, so there's not much to comment on. Other than the fact that Naruto is sort of too good now, it's reminding me of a gary-stu. [/color]

[spoiler][size=1]I'm really thinking that this is a long-range jutsu here, taking into account that it's taken on a fuuma shuriken form. Shuriken = long-range implements. Also, you have to take into account that Naruto has never been one to go along with the order, so to speak. Him creating a long-range jutsu from an elemental style that's typically close-combat wouldn't be that out of the way.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]However, I can also see your point, Ikillion, so we'll just have to wait and see.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Wahhh~
[SPOILER] I refurse to think Hidan's dead. Okay, putting aside I LOVE this man >_<, Its a relief for them that Hidan's down, now whats left is his partner. But I do agree that with Ikillion, hope its not the final last time we see Hidan. [/SPOILER]

Next chapter should be interesting.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=BurningD][SIZE=1]Wahhh~
[SPOILER] I refurse to think Hidan's dead. Okay, putting aside I LOVE this man >_<, Its a relief for them that Hidan's down, now whats left is his partner. But I do agree that with Ikillion, hope its not the final last time we see Hidan. [/SPOILER][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed][spoiler]Well, I certainly hope he's dead. I mean, I was just really getting tired of that whole immortal thing.[/spoiler]*shrugs*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][QUOTE=Kurayami Oji][SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed][spoiler]Well, I certainly hope he's dead. I mean, I was just really getting tired of that whole immortal thing.[/spoiler][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Jashin-sama 's gonna Keeel joo![/spoiler] Ahem.

I see what you're trying to say Kei, [spoiler]with Naruto being well..Naruto and doing things completely opposite from the nature of a chakra. Yet I would think that if it was a throwable object, then all that Kakuzu needs to do is just well... move out of the way. It would end up being for a somewhat waste (unless it has some kind of chakra guiding system or something),[/spoiler] but yeah you're right we just need to wait and see.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]So, 340:[/color][/size]

[spoiler][size=1]So you were right, Ikillion. The "Rasenshuriken" turned out to be a close-range jutsu after all. Seems like he wasn't unpredictable enough to come up with a long-range Wind jutsu, though I'm interested in seeing "how cool it looks," haha.

Also, for some reason, the random Sasuke cameo ticked me off. I don't know why. >.>;[/spoiler][/size]

[QUOTE=Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]So, 340:[/color][/size]

[spoiler][size=1]So you were right, Ikillion. The "Rasenshuriken" turned out to be a close-range jutsu after all. Seems like he wasn't unpredictable enough to come up with a long-range Wind jutsu, though I'm interested in seeing "how cool it looks," haha.

Also, for some reason, the random Sasuke cameo ticked me off. I don't know why. >.>;[/spoiler][/size][/QUOTE]

And as for 341:

[spoiler]Yes, indeed the [i]"Fuuton: Rasenshuriken"[/i] is close-range, and a devastating attack at that, as shown against the poor Kakuzu. Yet, it still remains if Kakuzu is dead or not, whether all of his remaining hearts are destroyed.

On a side note, Sasuke also makes a brief cameo on the cover page for the chapter. [/spoiler]

Sorry Kei.

[QUOTE=KyuubiKhaos]And as for 341:

[spoiler]Yes, indeed the [i]"Fuuton: Rasenshuriken"[/i] is close-range, and a devastating attack at that, as shown against the poor Kakuzu.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]
It is strong but it seems that Naruto hasn't quite mastered how to use it without using up all this chakra, but I guess he didn't really finish his training, did he?

I'm kinda worried that even if he gets the [i]Fuuton: Ransenshuriken[/i] perfected that he still won't be able to beat sasuke. I don't know if a close-range attack will work against him.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx][spoiler]
It is strong but it seems that Naruto hasn't quite mastered how to use it without using up all this chakra, but I guess he didn't really finish his training, did he?

I'm kinda worried that even if he gets the [i]Fuuton: Ransenshuriken[/i] perfected that he still won't be able to beat sasuke. I don't know if a close-range attack will work against him.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

That's true, he still has some ways to go, but [spoiler] the [I]Fuuton: Rasenshuriken[/I], don't forget, was used 2-3 times in that battle (2 if you count the one that messed up and the one that hit, 3 if you count the one that the clone was holding) Unlike the regular [I]Rasengan[/I], which supposedly had no limit to its use, the Rasenshuriken now has a supposed 3-times a battle limitation.[/spoiler]

As for Sasuke, [spoiler][I]Rasenshuriken[/I] versus [I]Chiidori Nagashi[/I] would make for a very interesting showdown.[/spoiler]

....hey!! Maybe Naruto should [spoiler]try to develop a Jutsu that surrounds his body in wind, similar to how Sasuke envelops himself in Lightning!![/spoiler]

Just a thought.

[quote name='KyuubiKhaos]That's true, he still has some ways to go, but [spoiler] the [I]Fuuton: Rasenshuriken[/I], don't forget, was used 2-3 times in that battle (2 if you count the one that messed up and the one that hit, 3 if you count the one that the clone was holding) Unlike the regular [I]Rasengan[/I'], which supposedly had no limit to its use, the Rasenshuriken now has a supposed 3-times a battle limitation.[/spoiler][/quote]

I totally forgot about the other ones that he used. Even so, [spoiler] it seems that sasuke has made it so the [i]Chidori Nagashi[/i] has no limit (of what we've seen) and the [i]Rasenganshuriken[/i] still has one.

I suppose its not that bad if Naruto manages to land a critical hit on Sasuke with one of those three, but if he doesn't what then? The problem is that Naruto's attack is close range and Sasuke can make his Chidori extend to the length of whatever he's holding.[/spoiler]

[quote]....hey!! Maybe Naruto should [spoiler]try to develop a Jutsu that surrounds his body in wind, similar to how Sasuke envelops himself in Lightning!![/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting. It would certaintly even the odds up.

[color=dimgray] Chapter 342.

[spoiler]Um. Um. Kurenai is pregnant. *_* I'm pretty sure that this will be a one-time thing and won't contribute to the overall plot, ([strike]and seeing as I sort of hated Shikamaru's character development recently[/strike]), I downgrade. :D

Jk, jk.

Except it was very random and empty to me.

In other news, I really hope Sasuke comes into the picture soon. The last page of this chapter gave me hope. And what I really don't hope is that Naruto enters the Chuunin exams and we have to sit through it, or if Orochimaru inflitrates/does something through the exams again.

But Sasuke. Please come back. D: [/spoiler][/color]

So I was just getting caught up on everything.

341 - After the [spoiler]failed Rasengan thingy, I think it was a little too obvious that he was going to use his real body as a diversion.[/spoiler] That's right up Naruto's alley, till the point to where you can predict that it was going to happen. I can't say that the attack itself wasn't impressive though, that is once it made contact. (But I still don't like Naruto though lol)

342 - [spoiler]So the king are the children eh.... (That's a lot of frickin kings)[/spoiler] But I guess it makes since, although I probably would've made a different analogy or something. [spoiler]I don't really have much to say about Sasuke's appearance.[/spoiler] I don't really care for him either. (But I won't get into all that at the moment. Decent chapters though.

[size=1][spoiler]I was more surprised by the fact that Kakashi said that Naruto had surpassed him. I mean sure, we all knew it had to happen sometime, but I wasn't expecting it to come up so soon... Our favourite #1 noisy ninja is growing up! *sniff*

As far as the chapter on the whole goes, it screams of filler syndrome. While there were a few interesting tidbits in there (namely Kurenai being pregnant!!), there wasn't a lot that made you say "OMGWTFCOOL." Still, it was a nice chapter to read, since Shika's dad came in. (I don't know why, but I really like that character. Oo; )[/spoiler][/size]

I honestly think I could watch Shikamaru play shogi all day. He should have his own Hikaru no Go-type series where he beats all the bad guys of Naruto at shogi and defeats Akatsuki that way.

Well, that's an exaggeration, but he's still my favourite character. It's great that he's had so much exposure over the last couple of big fights.

If [spoiler]Sasuke kills Orochimaru now I'll feel short-changed. I anticipate a spectacular if fairly one-sided battle - Orochimaru's pretty crippled, Sasuke's a genius, but I suppose Kabuto might chip in. But it'll end in Orochimaru escaping and maybe heading Konoha-wards. He's pretty unpopular right now - Akatsuki are after him for betraying them, Konoha want him for killing the Third and now his pupil wants him dead too[/spoiler].

[spoiler][size=1]There's not a whole lot of places that ol' Snakes has left to run. I suppose that he could head back toward the Hidden Village of Song and hide out near there, but I know that the ninja over there aren't his biggest fans either, nowadays. Going to Konoha would pretty much equal suicide right now, seeing as Tsunade would likely pwn him beyond belief if she caught wind of him even being in the general [i]vicinity[/i] of Konoha (and she could likely pull it off, seeing as Snakes is really weak right now).

You're probably right in guessing that if there is a fight, Kabuto is going to jump in and help out...unless of course, it turns out that Kabuto has shifted his alliances. I know that sounds pretty out of the way, but you also have to consider that Kabuto is by no means an idiot. He knew from the start that messing around with Sasuke could lead to trouble and that's exactly what happened. Knowing him, he would likely side with the folks that are liable to come out unscathed in the end. It'd be one hell of a plot twist, but it's possible.

Of course, even if that was the case, there wouldn't be a whole lot of things stopping Sasuke from killing him, though Kabuto would give him a hell of a fight. He's made a lot of people realize that medical ninjas are not to be trifled with when they find their back against the wall.

It'll be interesting to see how the whole thing turns out.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=dimgray] [spoiler]Pretty happy with the latest chapter! Sasuke's fight with Orochimaru could go in a couple of different ways, and I don't think it's all too predictable at this point. Also, Kabuto being the sneaky bastard that he is will probably jumble things up along the way.

I personally wish Sasuke would kill Orochimaru and get it over with, but that'd be sort of lame for the plot. >_> Anyways, I crave more Naruto/Sasuke interaction. Their relationship is sort of hearwarming, in a twisted depressing sort of way. P: [/spoiler]

Comments on the Naruto manga of late:

For the cliche kind of character background that Sasuke had, it's surprising that I'm really warming up to him. I'm really interested in him now, not for what happened to him or what he's already done, but how he'll progress as a character.

And what I really hope [i]won't[/i] happen is [spoiler]Team 7 rushing in and "saving" him by bringing him back to Konoha where Sasuke will realize what a fool he's been.[/spoiler] It would be the worst progression [i]ever[/i], and I would be sorely disappointed if it happened. I'm rooting for a personal and independent rebirth of some kind for Sasuke, which I think is the appropriate way to handle things (from a literary point of view). [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
/die...
i hate endings like that.... next week can't come soon enough.. that would be an interesting development though, if [spoiler] orochimaru succeeded in taking over sasuke-kun's body... but i hope he didn't.. what do you suppose kabuto will do if orochimaru's dead? become sasuke's little medical-nin minion?[/spoiler]

[spoiler][size=1]As I've said before, Kabuto is no fool. If it does turn out that Orochimaru was bested by Sasuke's Master Sharingan (as I surmise happened, considering that Snakes got away from Itachi before because Itachi [i]let[/i] him go), Kabuto will likely try to be of some help to Sasuke, seeing as any attempts to bring back help would be ignored due to his previous alliance with Snakes and Sasuke would likely kill him before he got too far. Of course, Sasuke would likely kill Kabuto anyway if he doesn't think he'll be of any use, though that's somewhat unlikely with Kabuto's level of skill.

What piques my interest at the moment is something a bit different, though. If Sasuke is indeed still around and he manages to obtain the Mangekyou Sharingan, that boy can some [i]serious[/i] damage. Since he's younger and has more than a few tricks up his sleeves (i.e. Curse Overlimits), if he beats Itachi, he could likely take on {and take out) the rest of the Akatsuki, reason being that Itachi is probably one of their stronger members. Of course, he'll eventually go blind like Itachi is, but that likely wouldn't hold him back much. What do you all think?[/size][/spoiler]

[SIZE=2][spoiler]well, assuming that sasuke survived, his next move will probably be to try to obtain the mangekyo sharingan, since he'll definitely need that to take itachi out. so will he go after naruto-tachi to do so, or come up with some other way, because it seems like he still doesn't want to kill anyone unnecessarily (the field of knocked-out shinobi... where did they all come from, anyway?) and if he won't even kill a bunch of random shinobi it seems like he might not be able to actually kill naruto-tachi, no matter what he says about "sparing his life on a whim" and such, considering that when it really comes down to it he really hasn't killed much of anyone.. if anyone at all.

well, any way you look at it, sasuke with the mangekyo sharingan plus the curse mark and his natural "i rock at everything ninja"-ness will definitely be capable of dealing out some serious hurt... especially since he's one of how many? three? shinobi that have the sharingan in any form. One thing, i would think that if he went after the other akatsuki at all, it would be before he goes after his brother, since he doesn't really have any reason to go after them, other than to test his newly-acquired skills. And to the blind thing, of course, if it doesn't stop his niisan, he's not gonna let it stop HIM. He is going to defeat him, after all.. and it better be one epic battle... hopefully without any cliche "
insert-insulting-second-person-pronoun-here wo taosu/korosu*" moments... though of course there will be, since you really cant have an epic shounen-manga battle without a few "i'll never forgive you!!"s and "i will defeat you!!"s...
:animesigh
[SIZE=1]
*i'll defeat/kill you[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/spoiler]
ja