OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bah even though it was remotely predictable that [spoiler]Asuma was going to take a hit. It was a wierd chapter to say the least. Espically with Kakuzu's detachable arms. I would think that he would have some other kind of an odd fighting style but feh. I still think it was an intresting fight, Hopefully the anime can show it with a little bit more zing in it.[/spoiler]

Although I don't think that Hidan and Kakuzu are COMPLETLY as stupid as I though they were. This fight did kind of raise their status in my eyes [spoiler]. Even if he is as screwed up as he is. It was a good thing that neither of them died as well, if one did then the whole S-Ranked Criminals" Thing of the Akasuki would have gone out the door.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[size=1][color=darkblue]Heh, seems like my only questions are about the sharingan, and whatnot.

In any case, I was just reading the chapter where Naruto fought Sasuke. (The rescue) During the little memory or background for Sasuke and Itachi. Itachi said something like [spoiler]"Only 3 people have acquired the mane.... sharingan, including himself....(I might have it mixed up a little bit)".[/spoiler]

Who are the other 2 that knew it? Or have they never revealed anything about it yet?[/size][/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Hm, as far as I know, it hasn't come up again in terms of who else might have it. Although[/color][/size] [spoiler][size=1]the total number of people who have it has risen due to what happened during the "Save Gaara" arc.[/spoiler][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue]I see.

In any case, I've finally caught up on the series, and I have to say that Hidan and Kakuzu are a funny duo together, especially Hidan. I think it's a little obvious that Hidan is into voodoo. (atleast I think he is)

Tobi and Deidara is another funny pair, but I was hoping that Deidara would've been kicked the bucket. A little annoying for my taste.

I'm curious about what Asuma said though. [spoiler]When him and Shikimaru was playing uhh Shougi? That Shikimaru resembles the knight and said that he himself resembles a pawn. The king is....?[/spoiler] Judging from most of the movies that are similar when they say something like that. Take Last Dragon for example. "Who is the master?" It normally came back to being the main character or something like that. In this case, I want to say the king is either [spoiler]Naruto himself, Shikimaru, the village, or the future.... something like that.[/spoiler] I've never been good with speculating this type of stuff. Just going by a hunch, and thought I'd try to bring in spark a conversation with it. Your thoughts?

Naruto's rashness hasn't died down I see, but then again that's just him. I guess I'm going to have to get use to it. It's kind of tiring when you've seen it in so many times in other animes and such. It's kind of a reason why I gave up on this the 1st time. But coming back to it is a relief so to speak.

What else....? That's it for now. Kind of overloaded at the moment playing catch up with this.[/size][/color]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Finally this thread is back to life once more, and here I was thinking that everyone had died off hte face of the planet :animesmil

Well about that whole Shougi thing I think that if the [spoiler]king isn't Naruto (for the obvious reason that he has the strongest tailed demon inside of him and if the Akatsuki manage to get a hold of it then well...they are are basically ****** until they get the rest of the tailed demons, seeing as they have 5 already). Then it would have to be someone else of high athority, like one of the kages or someone around those high ranking positions.[/spoiler] However with him [spoiler]dead[/spoiler] it is but a mystery.

But meh, now the only thing I have to do now is wait till Febuary.

EDIT: As of Chapter 333 I hope that Kakuzu isnt [spoiler]dead from Kakashi's attack through his heart since a similar one killed haku. I was really begining to like him, and through his wierd like tentacles hoped that he moved his major body organs to another place in time.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
EDIT: As of Chapter 333 I hope that Kakuzu isnt [spoiler]dead from Kakashi's attack through his heart since a similar one killed haku. I was really begining to like him, and through his wierd like tentacles hoped that he moved his major body organs to another place in time.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Not me, I hope he is [spoiler]dead[/spoiler]. I don't really like Kakuzu, nor do I like Hidan. And that's mainly because i'm getting tired of them both being seemingly [spoiler]invincible[/spoiler].[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ryo the Tactician]Hey All,
I have to say, I thought that the end of Naruto volume 6, when Sakura finally fought, was the most awesome fight in Naruto so far.

I've been waiting for Sakura to fight since the very beginning of the manga, and she hasn't. She said everything I'd been waiting for her to say, "I've always sat on the sidelines, they've always had to protect me," etc. All the staff I was saying outloud while reading the manga and watching her whimper like a coward. When she pulled out those kunai, I mean..wow, I thought it was unbelievably awesome.

I wanted to know what other peoples reaction to her fighting were. Personally, I'm dying to read Naruto volume 7. Post your opinions, I'm looking forward to reading them.

~Ryo the Tactician.[/QUOTE]

I've already read volumes one through eight and they're really good so far ^_^. I also wish that sakura would fighyt more though. I've never watched the anime and i have no idea if it's as good as the manga.

[color=darkblue][size=1]According to the way that Yamato and Kakashi explained it, it would certainly seem that way. However, one must also take into account that Kakuzu [i]is[/i] a member of the Akatsuki[/color][/size] [size=1][spoiler] and has proved he's good at acting in dire peril in previous encounters, so he may not be quite down and out just yet.

I'm more interested in seeing the progress of Naruto's new Wind-jutsu at the moment. The fact that he was able to create a crater that wide without it even being fully perfected just yet proves that he might indeed have a formidable ace up his sleeve in the eminent battle against both the Akatsuki and Sasuke.

Although something did cross my mind during the tail-end of the conversation Yamato and Naruto were having before being summoned to Asuma's funeral. Naruto said that "the only way to save a dying fire is with wind." But then again, too strong a wind will put a fire out. That being said, there's a definite chance that the Naruto vs. Sasuke Take 2 will be a fight to the death.[/spoiler][/size] [color=darkblue][size=1]What are you all's thoughts?[/color][/size]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Yeah thats exactly why I didn't want [spoiler]Kakuzu to die so soon, since he hasn't really been seen using his full abilities yet. I mean when Sasori died atleast he used his most powerful techniques and even at that, he was only defeated because he let his guard down for a small moment.[/spoiler]

About that thing that you said with them fighting though. [spoiler]I wouldn't be suprised if that really was what happened, espically if he was able to use his new wind element jutsu while in a kyuubi state which would be very distructive.

Yet on the other hand, I swear if Naruto goes somewhere along the lines of, "But saskue, I know there is still some good left in you, please come back with me." I will do something very horrible.

Kishimoto already killed of Asuma, lets go for Saskue too![/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Phenom][size=1][color=darkblue]Heh, seems like my only questions are about the sharingan, and whatnot.

In any case, I was just reading the chapter where Naruto fought Sasuke. (The rescue) During the little memory or background for Sasuke and Itachi. Itachi said something like [spoiler]"Only 3 people have acquired the mane.... sharingan, including himself....(I might have it mixed up a little bit)".[/spoiler]

Who are the other 2 that knew it? Or have they never revealed anything about it yet?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

Well I did a count and we know that [spoiler]Itachi, Kakashi, and Sasuke have been able to use the mangekyou sharingan. There's also that one guy that the Kyuubi mentioned when he saw Sasuke again. I forgot the name...[/spoiler] Assuming that "that one guy" it one of the 3 Itachi was talking about then that just leaves one guy left.

I hope that [spoiler]Kakashi killed Kazuku, but I know that it's not going to end up like that. The Akatsuki are sneaky little guys and there is no way that Kakashi could defeat one as quickly as he thought. They always have a trick up their sleeve or something.

Remember when Kakashi's team and Gai's team thought that they were really fighting Itachi and Kisami during their trip to Sand? It was only an illusion and a damn good one. They had to really put up a fight just to defeat those illusions.

The only reason that Sakura and Chiyo (I think that's her name) were able to beat Sasori was because Chiyo actually [I]knew[/I] Sasori and most of his tricks. Chiyo's quick fingers + Sakura's strength = Pwnage.

The only other Akatsuku member that anyone knows anything about would be Itachi, but since Sasuke is a little too busy hanging out at Orochimaru's Neverland farm, we can assume that no one is going to be taking him down anytime soon.

Hopefully team Shika can defeat at least one of those guys. Hidan is a huge threat, him and his I-can't-die jutsu. It makes me want him to die all the more.[/spoiler]

Yet on the other hand, I swear if Naruto goes somewhere along the lines of, "But saskue, I know there is still some good left in you, please come back with me." I will do something very horrible.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ha! We all know Naruto and how obsessive he's become with trying to get Sasuke back. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't try to talk him into going with him, and if he does it will probably result in a few punches to random body parts.

Personally, I hope he does absolutely no talking to that jerk and then beats the living day-light out of him. Then, once Sasuke is cowering on the ground, unable to do anything else, Naruto should ask him if he wants to come home. Saying "no" will earn him another beating. With a "yes" we'll have ourselves a very happy Naruto carrying a very beat-up Sasuke back to Konoha.

Hey, it could happen.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well, Chapter 334:[/color][/size]

[spoiler][size=1]As we thought, it wasn't that easy to take Kakuzu out. Though I still don't fully understand his powers, nor why Hidan looked so pained when one of the shadow creatures bit it. Besides the fact that Kakuzu can use jutsu through these things, they're still pretty mysterious.

And did anyone else notice the mysterious disappearance of Kakashi's jacket in the last few pages? Oo;[/spoiler][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm....well, I had actually read this chapter a few day's ago, and I just forgot to post it about it. :p Anywho, as I expected, [spoiler]Kakuzu wasn't killed,[/spoiler] even though I was hoping that he would... But still, it was a good chapter overall. And now I must go eagerly wait for the next chapter.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I seriously think that Kakashi's [spoiler]Jacket getting lost was a total fanservice thing. Some of my female friends went all squee becuase they though he was, "so cyoote" without it. Some of them also mentioned that if Kakashi doesn't use a water element to protect himself against the attack that Kakuzu left off on, that he may have to use a fire one and will have to take off his mask[/spoiler] <-- Lawl.

Well as far as Kakuzu goes [spoiler]I think that his techniques are cool. I have seen many people split apart saying that with their whole immortality thing they are cheep and such. I really don't mind it that much seeing as the [I]are[/I] S ranked criminals and such would be expected from them. [/spoiler]

All in all I think its was a good chapter :animesmil . Did anyone else notice that the chapter ended without the usual Naruto chapter ending mark?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
All in all I think its was a good chapter :animesmil . Did anyone else notice that the chapter ended without the usual Naruto chapter ending mark?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Heh, I also noticed that. It's actually quite surprising that they seem to have swayed off from [spoiler]Naruto's training[/spoiler].[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Anyway's, I have just read chapter 337, and I have to say that I must be freakin' psychic. Because somehow I just knew that [spoiler]good ol' Naruto and the gang would have to show up and save the day again.[/spoiler] Oh well, it seem's the next chapter is going to be back on track with [spoiler]Naruto using his Wind Element Rasengan.[/spoiler] Anyway's, I really liked this chapter mainly because of [spoiler]Shikamaru's awesome thinking, but of course, Kakashi has done pretty well fending off Kakuzu for the last few chapters.[/spoiler]^^ Well, i'm off to wait for the next chapter.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shikamaru never ceases to amaze me. He's way too smart.

[QUOTE=Kurayami Oji]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh well, it seem's the next chapter is going to be back on track with [spoiler]Naruto using his Wind Element Rasengan.[/spoiler] Anyway's, I really liked this chapter mainly because of [spoiler]Shikamaru's awesome thinking, but of course, Kakashi has done pretty well fending off Kakuzu for the last few chapters.[/spoiler]^^ Well, i'm off to wait for the next chapter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I'm glad he finally showed up. I was starting to get the feeling that Kakashi and Shikamaru [spoiler]might just finish those guys up before Naruto even masters his new technique. I'm so excited,though. Naruto finally gets to show off his stuff![/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I seriously think that Kakashi's [spoiler]Jacket getting lost was a total fanservice thing. Some of my female friends went all squee becuase they though he was, "so cyoote" without it. Some of them also mentioned that if Kakashi doesn't use a water element to protect himself against the attack that Kakuzu left off on, that he may have to use a fire one and will have to take off his mask[/spoiler] <-- Lawl.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] YEAH IT WAS. :D

If Gai was there it'd be the best chapter ever. But anyways.

[i]Yessss[/i]. The manga is picking up so nicely. I stopped reading it for a while since I was too busy, but I just caught up.

[spoiler] Hidan and what's-his-face still annoy me, but I guess I came to like them more. Well, Hidan is still a ****** punk to me, but at least what's-his-face has become a bit more interesting. I [i]knew[/i] Naruto and the gang would come, and I hope we see more of Sakura kicking ***.[/spoiler]

Itachi & Kisame > Hidan & What's-his-face
[/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] YEAH IT WAS. :D

If Gai was there it'd be the best chapter ever. But anyways.

[i]Yessss[/i]. The manga is picking up so nicely. I stopped reading it for a while since I was too busy, but I just caught up.

[spoiler] Hidan and what's-his-face still annoy me, but I guess I came to like them more. Well, Hidan is still a ****** punk to me, but at least what's-his-face has become a bit more interesting. I [i]knew[/i] Naruto and the gang would come, and I hope we see more of Sakura kicking ***.[/spoiler]

Itachi & Kisame > Hidan & What's-his-face
[/color][/QUOTE]
I liked not seeing Naruto for a while. (Hell, I don't even like him.) Just wishing that Kakashi inc could've fought without the help of the others though... oh well, it was wishful thinking.

In any case, I agree. Itachi & Kisame is the best in Akatsuki thus far, but Hidan and Kakuza are the funniest IMO.

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] Itachi & Kisame > Hidan & What's-his-face
[/color][/QUOTE]

Its Kakuzu >O

Believe it or not I think I'm starting to like the two of them a bit. Even though they are god-modding just a bit (although they just don't know how to kill Hidan) and yeah. I think they may be my new favorite group. Although Zetsu still pwns them all.

A few last comments though.

I know that it probably won't happen, but [spoiler]I really would rather have Yamato/Tenzo as the leader of Team 7 (when they are on missions and what not) instead of Kakashi. I mean don't get me wrong, I still like Kakashi and all but it just seems more..right to me for some reason.[/spoiler]

Aaaaand I'm done, more ranting to come later.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]With the way things are looking at the moment,[/color][/size] [size=1][spoiler]I'm thinking that Yamato will probably be Team 7 Commander for quite some time, as Kakashi will probably be doing more ANBU missions hunting for the other Akatsuki.

Speaking of the Akatsuki, I want to talk about their newest member, Toobi. From the way I see it, I'm leaning heavily toward the side that he's actually Obito, and not just from the fact that his name would be an acronym of the former.

From the way that he acted in the Kakashi Gaiden chapters, he acted just like the old Naruto did, which stays quite in line with how he acted when he and Deidara captured the Sanbi. The only thing that I can't figure out is how he would have been able to come back from having half his body crushed under so many boulders.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]What are you all's thoughts on the matter?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]With the way things are looking at the moment,[/color][/size] [size=1][spoiler]I'm thinking that Yamato will probably be Team 7 Commander for quite some time, as Kakashi will probably be doing more ANBU missions hunting for the other Akatsuki.

Speaking of the Akatsuki, I want to talk about their newest member, Toobi. From the way I see it, I'm leaning heavily toward the side that he's actually Obito, and not just from the fact that his name would be an acronym of the former.

From the way that he acted in the Kakashi Gaiden chapters, he acted just like the old Naruto did, which stays quite in line with how he acted when he and Deidara captured the Sanbi. The only thing that I can't figure out is how he would have been able to come back from having half his body crushed under so many boulders.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]What are you all's thoughts on the matter?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] [spoiler]I thought it was Tobi, not Toobi...?

I really don't like this theory. I agree that there is evidence, but even if it is true, I won't be happy about it. I can't really explain why, it just seems sort of lame to me, and I enjoyed having Obito stay the way he was in Kakashi Gaiden.

*sigh* But if it does happen, I guess some good could come from it. It'll add more conflict to Kakashi's character and set up a good showdown.[/spoiler][/color]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030]Meh, I am kind of in agreement with Lunox on this subject. [spoiler]Although my personal favorites are the "Orange Sharingan, Supernova, and 10 tailed demon theories (even though they are completly stupid they are funny to read about how people came to this conclusion}

I mean hey, if Obito really is Tobi I wouldn't be to suprised since there is evidance to say that it is true. I mean heck I've seen people saying that the one hit K.O. move he used against the Sanbi was a modified version of the Raikiri but well yeah.

A lot of these kinds of speculations also go along the lines of the 4th who is really the leader of Akatsuki and things like that. Oh and some of the theories I've seen on how Tobi is Obitio said something about the half of his body that was crushed seemed less humanoid and more animatronic than his right. I'm not saying its true or not but I guess we will just end up finding out down along the line. [/spoiler]

PS. There [I]really[/I] needs to be more Team 8 in the next arc, they seem like the most left out, out of any of them.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Ah, that was a typo on my part. Sorry about that.

Anyway,[/color][/size] [spoiler][size=1]I'm personally not a fan of the theory myself, I was merely stating that this could possibly be a fact. Bringing back characters from a (mostly) secondary character's past to eventually pwn everyone is rather cliché and shows somewhat of a lack of effort on the writer's part, in my eyes. This is especially true in this case, taking into account how badly Obito was crushed and the fact that he had only begun to come into his own when he was killed. Although he considered himself Kakashi's rival, the two were obviously on different skill levels.

So, all in all, if it does come to pass that Tobi is Obito, I'll be very disappointed in Kishimoto, indeed.[/spoiler][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yes for the return of [spoiler]New Team 7!!![/spoiler]

I don't really know if I was surprised, but I felt really dumb, as when [spoiler] Naruto appeared with the Wind-Style Rasengan, I thought to myself, "Wait, I thought Kakashi couldn't do that!?!? O_o" lol[/spoiler]

And though I couldn't really tell what Shikamaru just did...I'm glad he didn't it...I think... :animeshy:

[spoiler]Vengence for Asuma-sensei...*sniff*[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030][spoiler]Although my personal favorites are the "Orange Sharingan, Supernova, and 10 tailed demon theories (even though they are completly stupid they are funny to read about how people came to this conclusion}[/spoiler]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, I remember when you showed those to me, they were absolutely histerical.:p Anyway's, I would actually [I]like[/I] [spoiler]to see Tobi be Obito.[/spoiler] I mean, I would really just like to see how all of that would pan out.^^ It would be quite interesting, no? ;) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yes, it would be interesting, but it would be a hell of a time to explain. Even by Naruto standards. >.>; Anyway, on to talk of 338:[/color][/size]

[size=1][spoiler]Well, I was quite happy with this chapter, actually. Although we only got a prelude to "the new Naruto," as Yamato put it, we did get to see Shikamaru's most badass moment thus far. Although I'm not a fan of him taking up Asuma's smoking habit, I'm interested to see what he does with his will of fire. Methinks Shikamaru will become more of a character to watch in later chapters.[/spoiler][/size]