OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Matt']Well, its not like every fight doesn't have moments like this. Heck, even in the fights in my novel, I have a few moments of 'filler' content. So, I don't blame Kishimoto.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Perhaps, but seeing as this could be Jiraiya's last fight, I don't think it's unfair to ask for better quality writing that we've been given at the moment.[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Funnily enough, I thought almost the exact same thing when I came to the end of the chapter, lol.

Anyway, I'll admit that this hasn't been the strongest showing of creative ingenuity that we've seen from Kishimoto. However, we can look at this as actually seeing more of Jiraiya's repertoire before he dies. There were a lot of characters I would have loved to see more of what they were capable of doing (i.e. Sarutobi and Minato), but Kishimoto never really dived into the old monkey when he was alive and we've only ever been able to see about Minato through various limited flashbacks.

So, I'm viewing this as more of a positive thing than anything else. It's better to find out what they can do through shoddy writing than not find out anything at all.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Anyway, I'll admit that this hasn't been the strongest showing of creative ingenuity that we've seen from Kishimoto. However, we can look at this as actually seeing more of Jiraiya's repertoire before he dies. There were a lot of characters I would have loved to see more of what they were capable of doing (i.e. Sarutobi and Minato), but Kishimoto never really dived into the old monkey when he was alive and we've only ever been able to see about Minato through various limited flashbacks.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'd definitely agree with you there, I'd love to see what some of the deceased, or even parent ninjas can do, given how skilled their kids seem to be. The one ninja in particular who I'd love to have heard a bit more about would be Sakumo Hatake, given he apparently rivalled the Sannin in strength and was probably only about Minato's age. That and Kohona's White Fang is just an awesome name. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
[COLOR="Red"]
EDIT: Is it weird that in this manga titled "Naruto," that I seriously just remembered Naruto was in it? I don't even remember what he's doing right now... >_>;[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Not at all. In the entire series, spoilers included, the main character is the only one I hate. Hyperactive little ADD...

But I digress.

They really might as well call it "Sasuke." When was it ever about Naruto after the first 3 chapters, anyway?

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]Well it's been about three weeks since the last post in this thread, and I've just gotten through Chapter 377.

While I'm glad we finally got to see some of what Jiraiya's Hermit Mode can do, I think the whole thing about Pein's "clones" or whatever the hell they are being able to each see what all the others see is a bit cheap. Well that and the fat one being able to absorb pretty much any attack is just lame, though it does give us a bit of an idea of how he managed to be Hanzo.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I assumed that Pein was going to be the ultimate ninja in one person like the Six-Path's Sage, rather than a one-mind, six bodies team. He kind of loses even more mystique for me in that he needs six bodies and the ultimate dojutsu to do what Sarutobi probably could have done in his prime by himself, without any dojutsu. But then I suppose that does come with be the real "God of Ninja".[/SIZE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, Pein has really disappointed so far. I mean, I really did think that Pein was going to be pulling out some crazy-*** jutsu's, and not just lame-*** summon's and "clone's". Actually, to tell you the truth, I was more interested to see some more of Jiraiya in this chapter. And he did come through for me with some cool new jutsu's, including his Ultimate Rasengan. That thing looked so bad ***...too bad that stupid clone had to go and absorb it....>.>;[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Actually, to tell you the truth, I was more interested to see some more of Jiraiya in this chapter. And he did come through for me with some cool new jutsu's, including his Ultimate Rasengan. That thing looked so bad ***...too bad that stupid clone had to go and absorb it....>.>;[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I'm really glad Jiraiya's techniques have been fleshed out so far, compared to the other Sannin we never really knew what he could do which was a shame as the J-Man was easily my favourite Sannin.

I actually think if it wasn't for Pein pulling out some lameass jutsu or technique to cancel Jiraiya's attacks, he'd actually probably win this fight. As it stands, I'm hoping J-Man makes a strategic withdrawl when he becomes obvious he can't win, but I get the feelings he's going to go like his master, using Minato's sealing technique to try and seal away Pein for good.

I'm wondering if Kishi's week break was in preparation for the upcoming Uchiha showdown...[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]It damn well better have been, the way things are going now. ¬_¬

I agree that I'm happy that Jiraiya is getting fleshed out a little bit, but truth be told, I've been over Pein since the first chapter he showed himself to be a cookie-cutter villian.

Call me when the Brothers Whoop*** start going at it, please.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Call me when the Brothers Whoop*** start going at it, please.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sure, though I still have the feeling Itachi is going to give his little brother another beating and reiterate the same "you lack hated" speech.

Coincidently, has anyone else noticed Itachi telling Sasuke to "kill his best friend" goes completely against Akatsuki's goal of getting all nine bijuu ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
Coincidently, has anyone else noticed Itachi telling Sasuke to "kill his best friend" goes completely against Akatsuki's goal of getting all nine bijuu ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]
Yeah, I've noticed that as well, and about the best thing I could come up with for it was that each Akatsuki member probably has their own goal's and agenda's. It just doesn't seem like Itachi, nor any of the other Akatsuki member's even have the same view's as Pein. See, I've never really got the impression that any of the Akatsuki member's were really working together, aside from the mission's that were assigned to them. Which really give's me the impression that Pein must really be one bad mofo if he's able to boss everybody around like he does, when all of the Akatsuki member's probably don't like him at all. And then there's that guy that bosses even Pein around. So, does that mean that these people are really that powerful? Gah, Kishimoto never fail's to confuse me.:animesigh
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]
Yeah, I've noticed that as well, and about the best thing I could come up with for it was that each Akatsuki member probably has their own goal's and agenda's. It just doesn't seem like Itachi, nor any of the other Akatsuki member's even have the same view's as Pein. See, I've never really got the impression that any of the Akatsuki member's were really working together, aside from the mission's that were assigned to them. Which really give's me the impression that Pein must really be one bad mofo if he's able to boss everybody around like he does, when all of the Akatsuki member's probably don't like him at all. And then there's that guy that bosses even Pein around. So, does that mean that these people are really that powerful? Gah, Kishimoto never fail's to confuse me.:animesigh
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well given that Kakuzu enjoyed a rather lucrative career as a bounty hunter, I would imagine there is a certain level of autonomy allowed within the group. If Itachi is pursuing his own agenda, I wonder what that could be, as I never bought the whole "he wants Sasuke to kill him" plotline.[/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

As Jiraiya's ninjutsu becomes increasingly strange and confusing, we still havn't got to the point of just what Pein's eye technique does. I love Naruto and Kishimoto, but sometimes I really wish we could just get to the point and stop drawing everything out so much. Jiraiya is one of my least favorite characters and for the past eight or nine chapters we've seen nothing but Jiraiya.

Really can't wait for the end of this little battle so we can see how the rest of the crew is doing.[/color][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Kishimoto is baiting us with an apparent end to the fight nearing, but know him, he's planned it so that the Sasuke vs. Naruto vs. Itachi battle won't be able to start running until after the holidays. Whoo.

I daresay it's getting worse than the filler arcs in the anime.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Even if J-Man bites it in the next chapter, I've got to say my disappointment will be more so for his lack of a kick-*** death than for him actually dying. Pein has been a waste of a villain when he could have been so much more, so God damn it, Tobito better live up to the backstory that's being built around him.

Kill Pein J-Man, we all know Naruto is the real child of destiny.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]I daresay it's getting worse than the filler arcs in the anime.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'd have to agree, but then, at least we're away from the secondary characters and villains and back to more primary ones.[/SIZE]

I don?t know about anyone else, but after reading Ch. 379, my interest in this fight have increased dramatically.

I?m kind of impressed with Pein?s god-like abilities to revive all of his bodies. He seems much more like a threat now, and I wonder how would anyone be able to take this man down.

And holy cow at Jiraiya losing his arm. I?m not exactly sure how Pein did it, but I wasn?t expecting anything as cruel as that to happen to the J-Man.

[quote name='Treble']I don?t know about anyone else, but after reading Ch. 379, my interest in this fight have increased dramatically.

I?m kind of impressed with Pein?s god-like abilities to revive all of his bodies. He seems much more like a threat now, and I wonder how would anyone be able to take this man down.

And holy cow at Jiraiya losing his arm. I?m not exactly sure how Pein did it, but I wasn?t expecting anything as cruel as that to happen to the J-Man.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Definitely, shame it couldn't have been like this from the start, but at least we're getting to a point where we may actually see a Sarutobi-level fight.

Who can take Pein down, my bet's on Naruto. While Pain may be the man of six bodies, even that talent pales in comparison to Naruto's ability to likely create several thousand bodies of his own. I have little doubt that Jiraiya's training probably involved some work with his Kage Bunshin technique that we haven't seen yet.

As for J-Man's arm, I'm thinking his Super Sennin form will allow him to regenerate it, seeing as toads can regenerate lost limbs, either that or he'll do a Haku and start with the old one-handed seals. Honestly, I thought the dismemberment was cool, because we've never seen damage to that point before, it'll all been fairly... surgical if you know that I mean.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, I'm definitely more interested in this fight now that I am understanding more and more of Pein's abilities. And I think that, like you said, Naruto is going to be the one who finishes this fight(what a surprise...>.>) because I just don't see Jiraiya pulling out any more uber-powerful jutsu's anymore. I mean, let's face it, he's just about reached his limit; which mean's Naruto's probably gonna be jumping into the fight any chapter now. Lol, I guess we'll finally get to see the true result's of Naruto's training with Jiraiya for 2 and half year's.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"] I mean, let's face it, he's just about reached his limit; which mean's Naruto's probably gonna be jumping into the fight any chapter now. Lol, I guess we'll finally get to see the true result's of Naruto's training with Jiraiya for 2 and half year's.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]Last I recall, Naruto is tailing Sasuke. So Jiraya's gonna be in his grave soon. :)

A complete turn around. I do not really care for this fight, but this is the best chapter in this fight so far. Seeing 5 um.. human summons kind of tossed my little assumptions out the window lol. One absorbs Ninjutsu, the other see's through Genjutsu, etc etc.. >_>

If Jiraya really wanted to win this fight he could've snatched out one of those face rings. :)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, I'm definitely more interested in this fight now that I am understanding more and more of Pein's abilities. And I think that, like you said, Naruto is going to be the one who finishes this fight(what a surprise...>.>) because I just don't see Jiraiya pulling out any more uber-powerful jutsu's anymore. I mean, let's face it, he's just about reached his limit; which mean's Naruto's probably gonna be jumping into the fight any chapter now. Lol, I guess we'll finally get to see the true result's of Naruto's training with Jiraiya for 2 and half year's.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, unfortunately I think Jiraiya has fought to the best of his ability, so either he retreats now, or he dies, it's pretty much that simple.

And unfortunately for J-Man, Naruto is still chasing Sasuke and Itachi, so there's no way he can come to Jiraiya's aid. I get the feeling if anyone was to show up, it'd be Tsunade.

[[b]Edit[/b]] Seems Tombstone got there before me.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]It's good to see Kisame again. The more I see him the more interesting he becomes. It's sad though, because Kisame nor Zetsu hasn't really been in the spotlight as much as the other members in that group that I can't remember how to spell lol.

I'm not certain which fight I want to see more. Itachi and Sasuke or Kisame and Suigetsu (sp?)

So Yahiko is also Pain/Pein... weird, but not really interesting either.

I wonder if what's her name is still hanging in that same spot where Jiraya left her?[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I was actually surprised by the Suigetsu/Kisame fight, though I'm nearly 100% certain the boy is going to get his *** handed to him by Jaws. Maybe it's supposed to be more of a spar than a proper fight.

Tobi showing up to fight the Leaf-nin is also a bit interesting, seeing as I'm one of those Tobito people, I'm hoping we might get a Kakashi/Tobito confrontation and get behind the mask, or at least him making a vague reference to Minato or Rin.

On the Yahiko = Pein front, maybe Nagato did an Obito and gave him his eyes when he was dying ? It sort of explains why he requires six bodies when the Six Paths required only the one, in the same way Kakashi's Sharingan is more difficult to use than Itachi's or Sasuke's.

I get he feeling we're in for a lot more dialogue in the Jiraiya/Pein fight and some decent action in the others. [/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I have the dumbest idea that "Akatsuki Leader Tobi" and "Akatsuki Noob Tobi" are 'different' for some reason... :animedepr

I have no idea how to explain it, and it really doesn't make any sense...

...but why else would he present himself to Naruto and the crew, and work with Deidara while taking that abuse...?

...this is the dumbest theory I've ever had, but hey...I hit the money with my Asuma being Sarutobi's son, though it wasn't really that mind-blowing. :animesigh

Man...I'm so confused. :animestun[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I have the dumbest idea that "Akatsuki Leader Tobi" and "Akatsuki Noob Tobi" are 'different' for some reason... :animedepr

I have no idea how to explain it, and it really doesn't make any sense...

...but why else would he present himself to Naruto and the crew, and work with Deidara while taking that abuse...?

...this is the dumbest theory I've ever had, but hey...I hit the money with my Asuma being Sarutobi's son, though it wasn't really that mind-blowing. :animesigh

Man...I'm so confused. :animestun[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Honestly, I've read worse theories, I disagree, but I really have ready worse ones. For instance, Tobi according to one Narutard is the evil half of the Kyuubi's chakra which was sealed in Sasuke but broke free, thus giving him both the Sharingan and the demon fox's powers.

As for Asuma being Sarutobi's son, Konohamau's hair and Saru's own beard gave it away for me way before it was properly revealed.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]I haven't read any theories outside of the Tobi = Obito theory. I try to stay away from those theories, and just hope that it's false lol.

The title to ch 381 is misleading lol. "His Identity"... Foolishly thinking that they were about to reveal Tobi's identity, and we go back to the Jiraya fight >_>

Some people really don't know when it's in their best interest to retreat. 6 on 1. I don't have an arm. Pfft, yeah, I'm out.

I'm a little slow. Pein/Pain is who/what now? Everyone in Jiraya's past? [/COLOR]