OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Hey, guys, try to keep talk about the anime to the Anime Lounge thread, 'kay? There's a reason it's there. ^_~[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry. I'd have posted in the anime thread, only I have the last post there anyway. :animesmil

To get back to the manga, I'm actually wondering now why Jiraiya trained the three Rain kids, I mean he looks about as old as he did when he trained Minato and co and it's probably some major violation of Konoha's laws to train ninjas from outside your country. I suppose we'll get more answers this week.[/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I'm not so sure about that, really. I mean, I could understand why there would be some form of rule against it, but I'm sure that the Hidden Villages also have the customs where they send upper-level ninja to other allied villages to harbor good will and other things. It's a common practice in war states, I've noticed.

Though, it was obvious that Orochimaru and Tsunade were against it, so it might have been reported and Jiraiya simply did it, anyway. There's at least one person who has a soft spot and breaks the rules for a reason when the opportunity presents itself (i.e. Sarutobi, Minato, Obito, Naruto), so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]I'm not so sure about that, really. I mean, I could understand why there would be some form of rule against it, but I'm sure that the Hidden Villages also have the customs where they send upper-level ninja to other allied villages to harbor good will and other things. It's a common practice in war states, I've noticed.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Maybe, might tie into the Chuunin Exams. Still though it just ties in with what Jiraiya said about doing it because "it's the least I can do to make up for this". Seems to me their mission mightn't exactly have been friendly.

Speaking of the Chuunin Exams, I wonder when Naruto is going to take them, it probably won't be the traditional exam, but I imagine he might be tested in some way.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Shocking. No talky talk about the "Re-ningan"(sp?)

I got a little bored and started to re-read the chapters from when Naruto got back into town. (after Kakashi Gaiden) I should've started with Kakashi Gaiden because I do not, or rather, I'm not convinced that Tobi is Obito.

However, I am starting to think that that Danzou guy is Tobi. I don't have any evidence. If anything, it's more like a "what if" type of situation. And the only reason I'm starting to think that Danzou is Tobi is because I haven't seen the guy since Sai's been assigned with Team Kakashi, and his face is bandaged (right side I think). And then there's that thing when old people try to get revenge for something that was done to them a long time ago. (Bah, I need to stop watching Law & Order: SVU)

But then again, I guess all of that would seem too obvious. So don't mind me because I suck at these guessing games :)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Shocking. No talky talk about the "Re-ningan"(sp?)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well, I would have only I had the latest post. Besides, I don't think anything hugely significant went on in the last chapter, other than Pein's powers are being really expanded for his fight with Jiraiya. I mean seriously, does anyone else smell a bit of a Sasuke off this guy as he now possesses a power which could "save or destroy the world" ? I am interested to learn about this Sage of the Six Paths though, as obviously the six paths refer to each of the six chakra types.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]However, I am starting to think that that Danzou guy is Tobi.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Someone has definitely been reading the theories on Naruto Manga Returns. ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Maybe, might tie into the Chuunin Exams. Still though it just ties in with what Jiraiya said about doing it because "it's the least I can do to make up for this". Seems to me their mission mightn't exactly have been friendly.

Speaking of the Chuunin Exams, I wonder when Naruto is going to take them, it probably won't be the traditional exam, but I imagine he might be tested in some way.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I don't think there is much of point for Naruto to take them. He is technically a Chuunin, he just hasn't taken the tests yet. The fact that he has been grouped with Chuunins, and not Genins, confirms this. I don't think Koshimoto has any reason for Naruto to take the test.

I don't know about that. I have the feeling Naruto and Sasuke are going to kill each other. It seems the most fitting to me.

That, or there is a mini series, where the countries are at war again, or something threatens Konohagakure. All of the ninjas give it their all, but alot of them dies off. Naruto pulls off a Leonidas (Spartan King of 300) where he does something awesome that removes said threat, but dies. And then Sasuke cries like a little baby. :D

[quote name='Matt']That, or there is a mini series, where the countries are at war again, or something threatens Konohagakure. All of the ninjas give it their all, but alot of them dies off. Naruto pulls off a Leonidas (Spartan King of 300) where he does something awesome that removes said threat, but dies. And then Sasuke cries like a little baby. :D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Nahh, Sasuke is the Ephialtes who'd end up betraying Konoha for his own benefit.

Just out of curiousity, who do you guys see Sakura ending up with ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Nahh, Sasuke is the Ephialtes who'd end up betraying Konoha for his own benefit.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Itachi would most likely be dead by then, so I highly doubt that Sasuke will have a reason to betray Konoha.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Just out of curiousity, who do you guys see Sakura ending up with ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I say Sasuke. It just seems the most likely to happen, if only because I am an avid NaruxHina fan boy, and the only option left for Sakura would be Naruto, thus making my pairing null and void.

[color=darkblue][size=1]So. Turns out that Pein's a complete and total delusional idiot. WHO WAS SURPRISED? :/

But is all seriousness, I thought the guy was screwed up in the head before, but holy hell, man. He's effectively creating the Naruto Universe's version of the H-Bomb and saying "O hay guys, I gots this jutsu that can destroy teh worldz. You can has." (Forgive the LOLcatness of that statement. It's late and I think it's cute.)

And he seriously think this can stop wars.

While Tobi's in the background going "LAWL."

You disappoint me, Pein. Seriously.

(Also, did anyone else think the random Jiraiya slapstick at the end of the chapter was weird? Oo; )[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]I am seriously getting more and more disappointed with the way the story is turning, Pein was so cool for so long, and literally in the space of three chapters all his mystique has been destroyed. I mean come on, making him a veritable emo who wants to destroy the world to prevent other people being hurt, along with his God-complex. Pass me a bucket, I'm going to hurl.

Seriously, Kishi needs to move away from Pein and Jiraiya and focus on the other characters, because there is no way now that the J-Man's fight and possible death could equal Sarutobi's. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1](Also, did anyone else think the random Jiraiya slapstick at the end of the chapter was weird? Oo; )[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, thought I am interested in why he summoned Gamaken as opposed to Gamabunta. Either he's holding the "Toad Boss" for Naruto's use as I get the feeling we may be looking at a repeat of Manda's fate, or perhaps Gamabunta wasn't the most powerful toad afterall.

I swear, for every one question we get answered, it's generates three more.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]I am seriously getting more and more disappointed with the way the story is turning, Pein was so cool for so long, and literally in the space of three chapters all his mystique has been destroyed.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Its just like the anime - ever since Naruto has gone through the time skip, its quality has gone down BIG time, and makes you wonder why you got into it in the first place. I want my Chounin exams back! :animecry:

[QUOTE]I mean come on, making him a veritable emo who wants to destroy the world to prevent other people being hurt, along with his God-complex. Pass me a bucket, I'm going to hurl.[/QUOTE]

Well, he does have this jutsu that makes even Jariya, one of the legendary ninjas, scared, so I can understand where he got the God complex. Its not like it just came out of nowhere.

But, I was expecting better from Paine. I know his name is Paine, but still, I would of thought that he would be better than that.

Maybe Koshimoto is saving the real villain to be Uchiha Madara? *coughTobicough*

[QUOTE]Seriously, Kishi needs to move away from Pein and Jiraiya and focus on the other characters, because there is no way now that the J-Man's fight and possible death could equal Sarutobi's.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that would be be a bad idea. I mean, he wold be starting a fight, getting us all excited over it, and so we wait a week eagerly to see what he has in mind. Then he goes and says 'Sorry guys, Jariya won't kick butt today!' Trust me, now that it has started, its for the best that he finishes it.

[QUOTE]I swear, for every one question we get answered, it's generates three more.[/QUOTE]

That, my friend, is what we call elements of a good story.

[quote name='Matt']Well, he does have this jutsu that makes even Jiraiya, one of the legendary ninjas, scared, so I can understand where he got the God complex. Its not like it just came out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sure there's basis for the God complex, but over the whole series so far, Pein has never given a hint of it before. I mean if his re-ningan is that powerful, why is he serving someone else ? It just seems to have come completely out of left field, and really sounds like something from a bad fanfic, even changing his appearance to match this new personality.

Speaking of Jiraiya, his hair jutsus are awesome. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[quote name='Matt']But, I was expecting better from Paine. I know his name is Paine, but still, I would of thought that he would be better than that.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Matt']Actually, that would be be a bad idea. I mean, he wold be starting a fight, getting us all excited over it, and so we wait a week eagerly to see what he has in mind. Then he goes and says 'Sorry guys, Jariya won't kick butt today!' Trust me, now that it has started, its for the best that he finishes it.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well if Pein pulls another Gary Stu out of his ***, I don't think think Jiraiya is going to be kicking butt at all. And I didn't mean for him to literally just drop the fight, but more so show some of what's going on elsewhere, like with Naruto, Sasuke, etc. I think for him to have tried to do so much, revealing Tobi as an Uchiha and leader of Akatsuki, revealing Pein's entire history, having the Sasuke/Itachi fight has backfired to a degree.

Personally I think he shouldn't have done anything about Sasuke, Itachi and Tobito or Naruto's parents and the whole can of worms that opened up until after he'd done the Jiraiya/Pein fight out of the way. It just seems Kishi is trying to work three arcs into a single one, and it's not working.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I mean if his re-ningan is that powerful, why is he serving someone else ?l[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]
Exactly. It doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, the way Jiraiya has been talking about the re-ningan lately, you would think that Pein is the most powerful ninja in Akatsuki. Yet, for some reason, he's getting his *** bossed around.:confused: I just don't know what the hell is going on with the Naruto manga anymore. I mean, it seem's like the more I read it, the more confused I get.:animesigh[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Exactly. It doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, the way Jiraiya has been talking about the re-ningan lately, you would think that Pein is the most powerful ninja in Akatsuki. Yet, for some reason, he's getting his *** bossed around.:confused: I just don't know what the hell is going on with the Naruto manga anymore. I mean, it seem's like the more I read it, the more confused I get.:animesigh[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well I've been thinking about what Pein is saying about his master plan, and really, what puzzles me the most is how he managed to assemble Akatsuki in the first place.

I mean outside of Konan, none of them seem to share Pein's goals of "ending world pain", as opposed to generally being interested in controlling the world. That and for all his rhetoric, Pein doesn't even appear to be the one in control of Akatsuki.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Of all the things he could summon, where the hell did an iguana come from? I'd think the animal companion of a god would be a little more majestic. XD

It reminds me of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, where a lizard is suppose to be the "Ultimate Life form..."[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]
EDIT: Is it weird that in this manga titled "Naruto," that I seriously just remembered Naruto was in it? I don't even remember what he's doing right now... >_>;[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Of all the things he could summon, where the hell did an iguana come from? I'd think the animal companion of a god would be a little more majestic. XD[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Actually, it's a chameleon. Not a reference to Pein himself at all. ¬_¬

Anyway, from what I remember of a couple of chapters back, Sasuke and one of Naruto's shadow clones had met up. Sasuke destroyed it and now Naruto and the gang know where he is and are trying to intercept. From what one can assume, that should be an interesting battle, what with the team Sasuke has managed to assemble.

As far as the whole argument as to where the series is going, I'll agree that it's starting to fall apart a little bit. I'm really thinking that Kishimoto decided to reveal too many things at once in this arc. However, given the current battle Jiraiya is in, it seems fitting that he's the one that should reveal what happened in Naruto's past, since he's the father figure that knows the most about it (even Iruka doesn't know that much, most likely).

With Pein himself, I've already said that he's disappointed me greatly and I mean that. There was a lot of potential to his motives and to have it revealed to be something like that, I can't help but feel a little cheated. But now that it has been revealed, I too am wondering to what aim Tobi is using him and the others and how Pein managed to gather the other Akatsuki (and also why Tobi wasn't brought in until after Sasori died; if he's the leader, shouldn't he be keeping a closer eye on the group?).

But, as Matt said, it's these little things that make you keep reading. Hence why ther series will never die. --;[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Actually, it's a chameleon. Not a reference to Pein himself at all.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]It was rather fitting in a sort of lame way wasn't it ? I suppose though this thing will be able to blend in with it's surroundings and attack almost invisibly. Though I suspect that Jiraiya is a good enough ninja not to have to rely on his eyes to attack a target.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1](and also why Tobi wasn't brought in until after Sasori died; if he's the leader, shouldn't he be keeping a closer eye on the group?). [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]That's something I've been curious about too, at first I was willing to take it as being part of a major storyline, but now with everything else going on, it seems to be making less and less sense and was done just for "wow" factor.

I don't think any of us are going to stop reading, but genuinely, I can't wait for this fight to be over, even if Jiraiya dies, because this just isn't a fitting end for him. The whole student kills master line is being way overplayed.[/SIZE]

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with everyone, unfortunately. I thought the Pein/Jiraiya battle had the potential to not only show Pein as a threat but also make him into a more interesting villain. Well, er... hasn't really happened yet. There's still time, obviously, but as Gavin wrote, a LOT of Pein's mystique has been destroyed. Like you guys, I'm also wondering why the hell Pein is serving under Tobi if the Rin'negan is the most feared eye jutsu ever or whatever.

I don't like jumping on the hate bandwagon, but this has been pretty lame so far. Pretty ... lame. [/Larry David]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Like you guys, I'm also wondering why the hell Pein is serving under Tobi if the Rin'negan is the most feared eye jutsu ever or whatever.[/Larry David][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I've been giving that a bit of thought, and the only conclusion I can come up with, though the fact the line is translated does muddle things some, is that while the Rinnegan may be the most powerful of the three eye jutsu, that doesn't automatically translate to mean that Pein is most powerful ninja of Akatsuki.

The best example I can think of is Maito Gai fighting a Sharingan user like Kakashi or Itachi, because Gai doesn't need to look at his opponent's upper body to know what they'll do, it completely nullifies the benefits of the Sharigan for them and combined with Gai's skills, gives him the advantage. Maybe Tobito has some way of fighting the Rinnegan that makes him superior to Pein, or just maybe Tobito has powers that go beyond those of the "god" Pein.

Again, just spitballing, but it makes some sense of the situation. Really, I think Pein's dojutsu being of divine origins and power has completely made hell of the story.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Another chapter that will make great filler in the anime, Pein pulls out a few more summons, Jiraiya shows one or two new jutsu and in the end we're right back where we started with them ready to fight again. God why won't it end. :animesigh[/SIZE]