OtakuBoards

God

Cutie_Gurl_1990

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson]I'm a Christian, and I have been since birth. I'm active in my faith and regularly attend church services, youth events, and that sort of thing.

I'm quite evangelical, which means I like to share my faith with others, and at least try to convince them to give God a go, while not ramming the truth down peoples throats, like I know some Jehovah's can do when they come a-knocking.

I currently affiliate with a New Zealand Baptist Church, although I don't hold denominations and such in great significance.[/color]

[color=crimson]Well, then, uh- maybe? I'm still an agnostic in regards to what form God does [or doesn't?] take so, no, I don't believe in God.

I know there are several very religious Christians on this board though. =)

[quote name='Rapture Ruckus][color=crimson']like I know some Jehovah's can do when they come a-knocking.[/color][/quote]

Ex-JW right here. ;) It would be my pleasure to ram truth down your throat, if that is what you so desire.

I'm rather good at it if I say so myself.[/color]

I do. But i don't go to church any more. The denominations were getting to me and i couldn't find a just regular normal christian church that didn't bash other christian for their beliefs. I also got tired of the same sermon over and over. yeah, i know god loves us. i know that jesus died for our sins. but there's got to be more to that. so i quit going to try and find answers on my own, with god's help of course.

I don't believe in the Christian god. I believe in Jesus, but not as the "son" of a god. I believe that he was a great human being who had pacifist views, and who was a bit ahead of his time.
I believe in the God and Goddess. :animesmil

I believe in God, yes, but I don't know if the God I believe in is the Christian God. I was raised Catholic, but towards the end of high school, I found myself disagreeing with some of their teachings. I don't know what religion I can say I believe in though. All I know is that I believe that there is a God, and in Jesus the Son of God. Hmm, I didn't explain well did I?

Guest Gun Preacher
It doesn't matter what religon to me as long as you belive in god in general and have faith tour good with me

and yes i do belive in god and jesus to.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I am pretty much agnostic. I believe in a higher power, I just don't put a name to it. Organized religion is stupid and I don't do any religious rituals. I believe in reincarnation though. If I disagree with your religion, I will challenge it... but only because I like to make people think about obvious flaws, and ridiculous theories.
To each their own though, religion shouldn't stop friendships, relationships, etc.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I believe in God. I am a beliver in Christ. Though at my church we are tought that there are three parts of God. The Son, The Father, and the Holy Spirit. For me I have accepted Christ and there for I will be saved, but in some ways I cant say I fully believe that if you dont believe in Jesus you go to hell. As long as you have faith I think you should be saved.But some extreamists might disagree.

[COLOR=Red]I am a hardcore catholic christian. always have been, always will.

I aint sayin nothing more because i always seem to start things when i get into these kinds of conversations. (renayiiq knows what im talking about).[/COLOR]

Guest Lynelle19
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Courier New]Yes, I am a Christian. But we are going to get in a heated discussion then what is the purpose of telling what we believe in?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Cutie_Gurl_1990']Im a christian to. What i hate the most is when people talk shiznit about god.[/quote]

Well, not everyone likes the "God" you like and actually [I]read[/I] the bible and see how much PMS he really has. I'm Catholic but haven't went to church since i was in 6th grade, I believe but I'm also one who thinks outside the box and dares to challange the whole God thing. Let me tell ya', if you actually look through thr bible thoroughly and not the famous passages, then your going to find some interesting things that contradicts itself and how modern people who follow its teachings.

God is fine to believe in and all, but really arguments over a supernatural being who just suddenly decided to do all this (creation and such..) and take it back is kind of hard to believe in.

[FONT=Arial]Heated discussions are started by people who feel like questioning what another person believes and dissecting the words of the person who believes it. Personally, I'd like to stay out of heated discussions. Debates can be different, but this isn't for debating, either.

So, to answer the question: yes, I do believe in God. My reasons are simple; I don't believe that the whole universe could've just created itself. I don't believe in the Big Bang or evolution, and not just because that's always what I've been taught a church. I just don't believe it could happen without an omnipotent power to make it happen. Seeing nature and humans, and knowing all that we can do and how we're built and what things make us work, and watching animals and trees and everything - to me, it's obvious that there is God.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]As blunty as I say it, I do believe in God and in Jesus Christ... and practically, I don't care what anyone says about it. I know that I was born into a Christian family, but I wasn't fully grown onto the whole "Christian" thing. Now, seeing that God has helped me throughtout all of my hardships and troubles... so I truly belive that God is out there watching us. And also.... I just can't believe that the world just CREATED itself.... I don't believe in evolution either. Not only what I've learned from church, but from what I've seen in mission trips to Panama... God's love is always spreading everywhere... no matter where you are.

God does exist and loves each and everyone of us. That's what I believe.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm an Atheist, through and through. I've never believed in "God," despite my family's deep christian beliefs. I'm an evolutionist, and will argue all day with anyone willing to argue with me about it, but other than that, I respect everyone's religion, and their right to have the aforementioned. I think a lot of people [I]need[/I] to believe in a higher power, and while I disagree with their teachings and beliefs, I think that such beliefs generally make the world a better place.

If everyone in the world were atheistic, I don't think half as many would have the patience and motives to be moral, if you know what I mean.

So, yes. I'm a disbeliever, but I support and respect those who have the faith to open themselves up to such.

[quote name='Cutie_Gurl_1990']Okay, who here actually believes in god[/quote]Not yet. Maybe one day.

If we're talking about my belief or nonbelief in the existence of a (meta-)physical being named "God," then I don't know what to say. I don't know enough about what God is to seriously try to answer the question, and it really seems like too dangerous a question to be hasty about.

If we're talking about the Christian idea of faith, that is, as to whether I've been hit with "belief in god" as a kind of saving power, then no, I haven't been saved yet. Again, maybe one day.

[quote name='Queen Asuka][size=1][color=hotpink]I want to believe in God and Jesus and all that stuff...but after figuring out the Mormon church is an organization founded on lies, I am just HURT and torn.[/size'][/color][/quote][color=#4B0082]If you want to believe in God and Jesus, I would simply say, believe in God and Jesus. No organization required; all you need is a Bible and an open heart. If you earnestly search for the truth, He'll show you.

Obviously then, after that last paragraph, you can see that I am a Christian. I attend the local [url=http://www.calvarychapel.com/][u]Calvary Chapel[/u][/url], a non-denominational church that strives to follow biblical teachings and nothing more. And I believe being a Christian means having a personal relationship with God, not simply being involved in formal religion.

Oh yes, and I should mention that this isn't the place for debates. There are certainly threads for that purpose, but this one was created simply to ask what people believe. If people want to state their reasons why they do/don't believe in God, that's great, but arguments will only derail the thread.

kthxbai :catgirl:[/color]

I was born a christian, but I am no longer one. I like to think of myself as an agnostic, I don't disbelieve in god, I'm just not sure if he's really there or not. Personally, chrisitians in this country are really starting to annoy me. How many of you are aware of the fact that they recently held a confrence in D.C. about the oppression of christians in america. Now, last time I checked, christians made up, what, 80% of the population. And nothing says oppressed like the regional suite at the omni regal hotel.

But back to the topic. Do I believe in god, not really. Do I believe he doesn't exist, no. The bottom line is that I don't know if he's out there and I don't particularly care either. I don't need the invisble man in the sky to tell me right from wrong and that killing and stealing are bad. If you need a book to tell you that those things are wrong, then you have some much deeper issues.