OtakuBoards

Hybrid Vigor [PG-LV]

James

Guest Jam Sandwich
Hi there, I really would like to join up but need to ask a quick question. Is it alright for my character to be their late teens (18-19)? As a newbie rp'er I find that playing my own age is easiest to work with. I'll try to make sure my character isn't a self insert except for the age factor. So is it okay? ^^;

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, so sorry to everyone for any delays - work is bad. Below you shall find a list of players in this RPG.

Before I announce the list I want to say one thing - I [i]loved[/i] all of your sign-ups. You guys worked so hard and they are all beautifully written. I've added as many people as I could, but obviously I don't want this thing to get too out of control. For those who didn't get in, do not worry - there may be other opportunities to get involved.

In any case, thank you all so much for your support and interest. It's very heartwarming. :catgirl:

[img]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6253/hvdechoix4av.gif[/img]

[list]
[*]Emilio Batou - Italy (Starwind)
[*]Allisa Osborne - Germany (Lady Katana)
[*]Ethan Newark - United States of America (Angelus_Necare)
[*]Jake Owens - United States of America (Monkatraz)
[*]Liane Grayson - France (Doukeshi)
[*]Darren Henderson - United States of America (indifference)
[*]Miguel Del Rios - United States of America (The Boss)
[*]Zoraki Sunoco - Russia (Ikillion)
[*]Bethany Henderson - United States of America (Aaryanna)
[*]Sigrún Luntdotter - Sweden (StarrStruck)
[*]Alexander Crowne - England (Retribution)
[*]Julia Vella - Australia (Sakura)
[*]James Lawrence - Isle of Skye/Scotland (Raiyuu)
[*]Mahima Gavaskar - India (Ozymandius_Jones)
[*]Malcolm Greyson - Republic of Ireland (Blayze)
[*]Leo Dennett - England (Zidargh)
[*]Rhodesia Matsumoto - Japan (Pumpkin)
[*]Bellerophon Andrianopoulos - Greece (Sandy)
[*]Dawn White - England (Grace)
[*]Fr. Neil Edmund Gratzner - Republic of Ireland (Gavin)
[*]Brooke Hathorn - Australia (Kura)
[*]Samantha Henderson - United States of America (SunfallE)
[*]Turk Marley - Rum Cay/Bahamas (Dragon Warrior)
[*]Aaron Pierce - United States of America (StrikeGundam)
[*]Sonja Breck - Canada (Ecstasy)
[*]Lucas Ansel - France (James)
[/list]

Phew. What a long list. I included as many as I could, but sometimes there were overlaps and it was difficult to get everyone in. Sorry about that.

Right now I am deciding how to divide this list up a little; I have some ideas about how we can get everyone posting without it getting confusing. This may include an OB Anthology companion thread to the RPG, in which some of you will post. Hopefully this will be a fun experiment, congratulations to everyone who got in and thanks again to everyone for signing-up![/font]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Tee-hee!

*jumps for joy for being accepted*

I really feel like I'm in the "big league," seeing all the talented people that I'll be writing with...o_O...wow, that's one friggin' big list. *sigh* Be sure that I'll do my best, as always.

Anyways, thanks be to the honorable James! I'm totally looking forward to this RP. I do have a few questions, though.

I know that you don't have it totally worked out yet, but I was wondering if you could clarify the whole: [QUOTE]This may include an OB Anthology companion thread to the RPG, in which some of you will post.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean that some of us will be in the Arena, while others in the Anthology? *confused look on face* Or will we be switching between the two?

Also, an idea on how we could all be split up: We could, say, be part of different factions from the organization that did the genetic experiment, and each person belongs to a different faction...seeing as there's twenty-six of us, we could be in teams of...er, math never was my strong subject. Anyways, you get the idea. That way, we could concentrate on our own team's doings, while keeping the big picture in the back of our heads.

And, to make things even more complicated, yet easier, we could have each "Team" have their own thread to post in for, say, missions or whathaveyou, and a main one for whatever else. Just a couple ideas.

Anyways, thanks once again, James, and let's [COLOR=DarkRed]GIT 'ER DONE![/COLOR]

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Thank you, thank you. :catgirl:

At the moment I am planning on having a seperate Anthology thread which may deal with different aspects of the story (perhaps it may explore an alternative time period). The details for that are far from final, but I think it may allow everyone to participate in a way that doesn't put everyone on top of each other.

I understand that this will mean things will take a little longer, so I apologize about that. But once we get started, it should be good fun. At the very least, it'll be interesting to see how this whole experiment goes.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]Thank you, thank you. :catgirl:

At the moment I am planning on having a seperate Anthology thread which may deal with different aspects of the story (perhaps it may explore an alternative time period). The details for that are far from final, but I think it may allow everyone to participate in a way that doesn't put everyone on top of each other.

I understand that this will mean things will take a little longer, so I apologize about that. But once we get started, it should be good fun. At the very least, it'll be interesting to see how this whole experiment goes.[/font][/QUOTE]

Thanks James... (Puppy Eyes Grin)

I just had a thought which you may or may not use with regards to 'dealing with a different time period'.

I don't know if you're aware of the episodic structure of that hit show [i]Lost[/i], but throughout the course of the series, each episode usually contains one or more flashbacks from a time period of the character's life before they reached the island.

Perhaps you could incorporate those? I know they'd definitely flesh out character development.

[color=dimgray][size=1]

Many thanks. I'll definetly give my best.

If there are orginization issues, then why not do something similar to [B]"The Legionarres"[/B] by seperating threads for different 'sectors' of Paris2 or seperate the characters by country of origin? Just a suggestion.

Two Questions.

Are we all in Paris2? Or are we in our individual countries of origin at th start?

Could I add thermal sensory to my character's powers, seeing as how it is very slight, but also common in all snakes?[/color][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]So the players have been chosen...

I'm really getting excited about this. I already have a few ideas about things. ^^ It should be really interesting to see what happens once things get going.

And I agree with Boss about pulling a Legionnaires. Having it broken down into sectors might help, depending on what you're planning.[/color][/size]

Phew, that's certainly an impressive list! 26 players, huh? Well, I now agree with using chapters in this game as well... Hope you're still going with the "free-flowing" system though, Jamesy.

It'll be very interesting to see how things pick up from here...

[size=1]Wow..... I actually got in.

*jumps up and down, excited*

This should be interesting. And I didn't realise that mythical creatures were also included. >.>

Oh well. I really like my character. I hope I can do her and the RPG justice. Thanks James.[/size]

[SIZE=1]I'm really excited I made it into your RPG James! I didn't think I was going to make it, but I did! Yay me!

Well, I just was wondering if there is going to be a lot of combat scenes in this RPG. Since a major concept within the RPG is the battle between Hybrid and human, I was assuming that there was going to be a large deal ammount of fighting and battling.

I just want to know so I can be prepared.

- Grace[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, let me take a moment to answer a few of your questions.

First of all, your country of origin is simply to do with your character's background and their personality - no character will begin at their country of origin (unless their origin is France or USA). This brings me to my next point also.

Right now I am thinking that half of the players might start in Paris 2 and half may start in Chicago (also known as Neo Chicago or Meteo City, if you followed the old RPGs at all). This would present an interesting dynamic, because the USA is partly controlled by Second Faction and various areas of the country are still under civil war. The environment would be very different to West France.

So my thinking is that I can create two alternate threads - events happen at the same time, but players are on those two different continents. This way we can still tie-in the two threads and there might be times where characters from each continent will have the opportunity to meet up or even talk to each other over the phone.

Also, to The Boss...yes, you may change that ability on your profile.

Sandy, yes, free-flowing is the word of the day - it will continue to be implemented. But having the two threads as well as the "opt-in" chapters will add just enough structure to keep things moving.

Grace, fighting/violence will vary. A lot of the game will be centered around more cerebral moments...lots of character development and history. But sure, there will be moments of emergency and panic - moments where characters may have to escape from somewhere, or fight or explore. Variety is key I think.[/font]

[size=1]Wow. I really wasn't expecting to get in on this one, but I guess things happen when you least expect them.

OK, firstly, nice idea, James, and secondly, a quick question: will the cast list remain 26-strong throughout the game, or will certain characters be, shall we say...eliminated from the game? Because an RP with 26 characters, no matter how strong a writer they are, is going to be massive.

And I think the idea of having two separate (is everyone else spelling that wrong or is it just me?) threads is a good one. It will save one thread getting too clogged up, and it kind of splits the action a little, meaning that you don't get 26 people all trying to reply to the same thread at once.
[/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]You spelt separate right ... and I haven't noticed any different spellings ... but that's not what this thread's about. Thankfully!

The two locations sound like a good plan, although those of us appearing in Neo Chicago might need a different 'waking-up' message - perhaps some revelations could be hinted at through the contradictions between the Paris 2 and Neo Chicago messages?

I'm seeing Neo Chicago as something along the lines of City 17 from Half-Life 2 - war-torn and cratered, but with the areas controlled by Second Faction in better repair. Armed soldiers patrolling around the place. Sound about right?

The only problem I see is co-ordinating link-ups between the threads. To have phone conversations like you've suggested, James, could lead to some stilted or contrived action, in order to manoeuvre both characters to a phone at the same time. I'm sure it's a surmountable problem, though.[/FONT]

I think that the main issues raised can simply be placed down to speculation. Considering how this is the first 'professional' RPG that has contained so many players, there is no real way to foresee how any kind of organisational system will affect the RPG itself.

Personally, the two threads will definitely break things down into more manageable bite-size chunks (well, maybe more mouthfuls). However, the argument with regards to communication between participants seeming a bit stilted is valid but I'm sure it could work out as long as members privately contact each other.

This RPG will take a lot of commitment OOC as well in order to function properly and efficiently so let's just see how things turn out. ^_~

I'm sure James has done the ground work anyway, lol.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Once again, apologies for the long delays. I've had long hours at work this week so I haven't had the time/energy to get this thing rolling. But you can expect it all to begin shortly.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, too. I know you all have a lot of ideas and I'm looking forward to seeing them emerge within the RPG. :catgirl: [/font]

[SIZE=1]Hey guys.

I just want to inform you all that I am leaving to Singapore this Friday. I might be there for a week or two, depending on how long the fair is, I really don't know. There will be a 50/50 chance that I will have internet access in my hotel room.

So if I don't make it in time, please don't kill me off, I'll be here!

Thanks.

- Grace[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]No worries, Grace. There will be a posting order for both threads, so if you aren't here for your turn, the next person will simply post. Then when you get back, you can just take your next turn. So it's not a problem.[/font]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]*waits impatiently for the RP to begin*

I'm not complaining or anything, James...I'm just REALLY, REALLY excited about this. Any specific time you think this'll be starting up?

Also, although I'm sure you already said this somewhere, half of us will be in one thread, a.k.a. Paris2, and the other half will be in another, a.k.a. Neo Chicago. And then we'll be able to jump from one thread to the other...I'm just assuming. (Garsh, I'd loose my head if it wasn't attached to my body.)

Er...and what's up with the other thread you were talking about, the one in the Anthology? Still happening, or just a thought you...well, thought.

Um, methinks it's time to go to bed...*laughes histerically*

G'night!

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, let me see if I can explain.

Originally I planned to have one thread in Adventure Square and one in Anthology. Then I thought it might be better to have to AS threads. However, I think it might be better if the Neo Chicago thread is a "companion" to the main RPG. This part still hasn't been entirely worked out and I know many of you are itching to start, but I want to try to avoid rushing the thread out.

The main problem for me, as I said earlier, has been work. I've had such long days that by the time I get home I pretty much go straight to bed; it's been very hard to find the time to get this thing going.

However, I am going to work on it during the weekend and hopefully I can get it up shortly. Don't worry though; it [i]will[/i] go up, I'm just not entirely sure when. I can promise you, though, that at the very latest it will be up within the first half of next week.[/font]

[SIZE=1]I'm honestly surprised I'm not the only Irish character, as so often this is the case, still I look forward to working with Blayze's character as much as I look forward to working with Blayze himself.

As for when this will start, James take however long you feel is necessary to start this, and start it well. As an RPG creator I know how irritating it can be to be suddenly swamped with work when you're trying to get an RPG started. You've got plenty of people interested, and chances are we'll all stay salivating until you put us out of our collective misery. [/SIZE]