OtakuBoards

If you could meet other OtakuBoards members, would you?

Guest Prick Wizard

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well seeing as I'm planning to meet up with a handful of the UK's most distinguished members in the next few months, I guess it could be construed that I wouldn't mind meeting other members, granted of course like Solo I'd need to know them first and actually like them. Chances are of course it would simply turn into a bit of a put crawl ending in the group of us crashing at someone's place and watching movies and having a laugh, so as you can imagine I can't wait. Free drinks for those who go out in full Jedi robes.[/SIZE]

Guest Prick Wizard
Maybe it was a bad idea i just wanted to meet people off here because i thought they seemed nice.

[quote name='Shinmaru']I would never meet anyone from OB; you're all too strange for me.[/quote]
[size=1]Uh-huh.

I've met several OB members over the years, including Raiha, Babygirl, Sky3 and Juuthena. In fact, Raiha has worked her way into my inner circle of "real life" friends, even though we rarely speak online. If Solo can go halfway across the globe to visit AX, I suppose I can drive 40 minutes to see him.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]To be truthful I don't really know who I would meet at the OB if any at all. Since the vast majority of them are older than me and nobody knows who may be a pedophile :nervous:

Espically with what Delta said, if that was really true than I am pretty sure that I would be the one who would di[B]e first.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Panda']Despite being a BR fan I wouldn't really last very long at all. I would rather meet up with other members at a con....a nice safe anime convention. [/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I would love to meet other members at an anime convention. However, I have just over two years before I will be old enough to even drive and I?ve yet to see an anime convention being held in Utah. And even when I finally get my driver?s license, I doubt my Mom is going to let me drive to an anime convention in another state by myself.

Though I suppose I can?t complain too much since two of my best friends in real life are members, so I?ve at least already met two OB members. ^_^
[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heero yuy
great ideal...but most of us, just don't have the transportation, not to mention other member in different part of the world...and life getting in the way.

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Because ya'll seem to get off topic anymore...

[b]Yes, I would.[/b]

I'd like to meet Epsilon, ULX, 'Zeke, and a few others, like Sean. Those that I've known for nearly two years now, (Two very special years. ULX and I barely speak anymore though. Maybe that'll change in the summer.) would be the best to meet. Yeah, short post. Sue my arse and send me the bill via paypal or somethin'.

:P[/color][/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Does anyone remember Morpheus' [URL=http://www.frappr.com/otakuboards][u]OtakuBoards Frappr?[/u][/URL] It was kind of interesting to see which member(s) you were closest to geographically ... and if anyone ever does arrange a meet-up (which I think would only end in awkwardness if done outside a convention context) it could be useful for seeing who's in the area.[/FONT]

Yet I wouldn't mind meeting any of you I am not sure if I would get along with you if we met in person.

I don't exactly get along with other people. I don't know why.
Its just a thing with the family I guess :(

Then again, I get along with the people that have the same interest(s).
So, I would probably get along with you people.

Yet there aren't many things I can go to [being so young] I would need a [or some form of] ID to get on a plane.

I would like to go to a anime convention, but I would probably have to fly :(

I wouldn't mind meeting all of you. But I would probably wait for you to come to me if I'm there.
NOTE: I'm not going to be.

But, that would be nice to meet you guys and girls...

The only OtakuBoards member that I've met personally is [B]Minako[/B], who isn't a very active visitor here (she participated in the Legionnaires, though).

Minako's family is Finnish but she lives in America. However, when she came here for an exchange year, we decided to hang out for a day. It was a fun day, there was two of her friends with us as well. It was also very exciting, because we hadn't seen each other before that, and didn't know much anything about each other either.

There's a big risk in seeing anonymous online acquaintances, but luckily most of the human population is trustworthy. I'd be more than happy to see other members as well, if only I didn't live miles and miles away from everybody else. XP

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]Like some people, there are members that I would love to meet and some that I'd hope of never meeting. I wouldn't mind going to an Anime convention or some place that's public with someone but going somewhere private would just be a dumb idea. No matter how much you have talked with that person. But I can say there are plenty of people that would be rather interesting to meet, and I mean everyone wants to meet me right? JK.

In all seriousness, I think an OB event would be fun. Unfortunately, not many members live in California, and I can't travel on account of I'm broke. There are also many people in England and other countries from what I remember, and they would be left out. We're too split apart, it's almost impossible. But then again there is always that island idea......[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Actually, I'd probably prefer not to meet people from here. I imagine I'd be mortified at the level of blatant anime geekiness, and the general weirdness of having my perceptions of you all shattered. Because you [i]are[/i] all albino paraplegics, right?

There are only a handful of people here I might like to meet.[/size]

[font=trebuchet ms]I've told a lot of people I've met here that I'd actually love to see them in real life. I've told Sage Kaley, Dragon Warrior, Doc, and John over and over that I think they're wonderful people and would do anything to meet them. There's also Revelation, Nataniamon (who doesn't go here anymore), Generic NPC #3, DeadSeraphim, and an evening out with James would be fun too, as I've told him. I feel like I'm forgetting people. ;_;

Okay, fine. You too, Baron. :bdance:[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shrewd_Shawdow
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']People like me?[/size][/quote] I wish people missed me.... :animecry:

Hmm seeing as i dont really have any friends on otaku yet(im new) i couldnt say for sure but judging from alot of posts it think it would be great to meet up with people from otaku BUT its been pointed out many times, location and costs prevent it :( meeting at conventions and other such things would probebly be the only way to make it work

I would maybe meet some one like Baron Samedi if he didn't live over in Western Australia. Being from Victoria, such distances are above me.

I am however interested in meeting James who also lives in Melbourne (Australia also) but I don't even know what he does or how old he is. I am very scared of those crazy Pedophiles.

Huh, meet other otakuboards members, well I guess I would like to meet a few people here. But like SunfallE mentioned it would be cool if we could all meet up at a anime convention and where otakuboards t-shirts :animesmil