OtakuBoards

Your favorite mystical creature

Guest Soul_destiny156

Guest Soul_destiny156
Mine is Dragons. Btw, when you post youre fav mystical creatures name, you are welcome to include a picture and what you know about its life style, mating, species, diet, etc. As for the dragon... This giant winged reptile has been known to take care of its young. But not only that. It can also control its youngs gender. For about a month before the eggs hatch, the parent dragons can cool down the temprature of the nest to make the young females, or they can raise the temprature to make males. However, if the temprature is too low, the young may perish before birth. Thus, making the dragon population fade away. This was part of the problem for the last dragon. The other part, however, has US to blame. The dragon needed to hunt nearby livestock to stay near her one remaining egg. Soon, we were angered and so, killed off the mighty, glorious, dragon. But, before then, dragons roamed all over the earth. Their main dwellings, though, were Europe and Asia. They were the current areas for European dragons, and Chinese Fireballs. And the distinction between the two is the fact that European dragons had four limbs, and rarely guarded treasure, while the Chinese Fireball had no limbs, and guarded precious pearls, gold, and various other riches in the watery depths of its home. Also, the Chinese Fireballs were far more peaceful than the daring European dragon. The European dragon was usually out hunting prey, devouring knights and others of our kind, and capturing princesses. But then again, it seems that knights were able to negociate better with the European dragons than the Chinese Fireballs. Now, on to the mating. When two European dragons met, they would fly upwards into to the sky, lock their talons together, plumet toward ground, and break away. And they were not completely cold hearted. No. In fact, when a male would fail to perform a task, he knew that the female would be displeased, and so he would bring her a gift, hoping that she would accept it and pass up the bad news. This "gift" was usually a gem or a rock taken from a cave or a river. The last thing to BRIEFLY cover is the diet or eating habits. Of course dragons devoured people, but they did not like the taste. What a dragon would have asked for instead was something like a tiger, or bear. Any animal. But the most popular animal to devour was the pig, or swine. Dragons would hunt through many mountain areas just to find something as tasty as a boar. If a boar could not be found however, a dragon would even settle for a bird or bobcat. Sometimes food would come to them. If they were hunting, a tiger would sometimes jump a dragon. The dragon usually won, and.... INSTANT DINNER!! Lol And if prey was too hard to catch, often the dragon would toast it with fire. This fire was ignited inside the dragons chest. But, it couldn't do it all by itself. The dragon would have to devour mountain-side rocks which contained a chemical for igniting fires. Well, thats about it. Heres the pic:
[IMG]http://www.dharmarose.com/graphics/goods/treefree/dragons/xl_TF55094.jpg[/IMG] There you have it. A perefectly beautiful European dragon. This shows that the dragons flame really was ignited in its chest if you look closely. ^^

Yes. I know TONS about dragons. My favorites though, are the most mis-understood European dragons. If you look into them alot, you will come to see nothing but powerful, fearsome, adorable, and beautiful creatures with stunning, awsome wings. :)

[font=trebuchet ms][color=red]Soul_destiny156, I've merged your two posts together. 'Double posting', where you post twice in a row, isn't allowed; your posts have an EDIT button so you don't have to do that.

Also! Paragraphs never hurt anyone. As it is, your post is a great big intimidating chunk of text. People are more likely to read what you have to say if it's presented clearly.

Finally! I've edited your thread title. Because it used Net abbreviations and bad spelling.

Please read the [thread=52331][u]Otaku Lounge Sticky,[/u][/thread] the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]Rules[/u][/url] and the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?][u]FAQ[/u][/url] so I don't have to tell you all this again.

--Raiyuu.[/color][/font]

I have a thing for werewolves, myself. The fact that they are both human and beast adds a lot of depth to their character. They kill, but probably regret doing so. They hunt while their subconscious warns them against it. I think the life of a werewolf is rather tragic. They didn't choose a path of destruction, yet they must live it. Their instinct tells them to kill, yet their still-human heart despises it. It's a bi-polarness that really appeals to me. I blame the obsession on Harry Potter... *sigh*

Vampires are also sort of interesting to me. I blame Anne Rice for that. Just the way they hold themselves is so sophisticated, so dignified. I love their air of being above mortals, their "survival of the fittest" nature. And honestly, did you ever hear of a vampire who was particularly hard on the eyes? I guess my favorite mystical creatures are those in the form of man, because their lives are something we can identify with. They have conscious thought just the same as mortals, and that brings an immense multi-dimensionality to their personas.

Mine is the human >_>

But, for this discussion, I choose the vampire. Why do I like the vampire? Vampires are cool only if they are a certain way. I don't like the idea of all vampires being psycho, gothic, gun-tottin crazies. I'm looking at you Underworld, Hellsing, and that Fall Out Boy video.

No, I'm more into the vampires from the old days, back when they were gallant, feared, and known. Back when they could do whatever they damn well pleased unless you were particularly good with a stake.

I like the idea of vampires having personality and emotion like humans but the intricacies of vampire blood. Some vampires canbe creeps, but mostly I wanna see them as people.

Guest Soul_destiny156
Yeah. I'm mostly into the majority of magic, and magical beings. I think that at one time or another, the magic we know of now, was more than a mere fairytale. It was reality. Which means, dragons thrived, Vampires devoured blood, Werewolves howled at the crescent moon, Unicorns gallopped across flowering fields, Wizards enchanted forests and items, Witches cast spells and created potions, Hippogriffs (Like precious Buck Beak) flew through the air, and Trolls clobbered enemies. And I have only listed a few of these most mis-understood, powerful creatures in this small post.

I'd have to say that my fav would be elves. There "the people of the forest" if you think about it. There always described as beautiful and majestic beings and alwase said to live in the forest. I dont know they just sound cool to me ^_^

[FONT=Arial]While they're not conventionally mystical creatures, I would have to say either Saiyans or Pokemon.

Saiyans intrigue me to no end. Dragonball Z was probably the first anime I saw and loved, and I still like it a lot. I love that Saiyans can raise their energy so high that even their appearance changes, and tails are pretty darn awesome. Pokemon are the same in that I love the franchise, and constantly wish that they were real. I think that catching them and strengthening them would make life so much better.

Other than that, I really like vampires and werewolves. I created a breed of elf that was basically a humanoid werewolf, called Snow Elves. They have fangs, black claws, and the keen senses of a wolf. Their skin is unusually pale, and they sunburn very easily. Snow Elves are naturally vain and sophisticated, but like a challenge every now and then. They play an important part in my book idea, "Seven Swords;" especially the one called Opallo. The other Snow Elves are Leif Amarillo, Azhiroth Grav, and Amelia Revenant (whom I liked so much, I stole the name for myself >=D).[/FONT]

Guest Embers of Life
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]......Dragons are real, they were found in a high up ice cave. Dead of course, it was a young one and it's mother. Dragons prey kept geting killed by humans and then Dragons were drivin away into high moutain peaks. Once food became so scarce the dragons began attacking villages and taking animals for food, hence all the legends. Humans were enraged so they went after the dragons..... .. They found out that the young one was slaying by a swor breaking off in its body, so it froze over after death. The mother greived its youngs death, but continued to live. Untill it was killed by more humans. So after the cave, both dragons all forze over they were preserved in death. Then some scientists found them and studied them. It was actualy a cool document.

.......Personal I prefer the pheonix. It dies by combusting into ashes where they are re-born as their own young. These magestic creaters are the soul of fire basicaly. I just think their amazing, i dont know maby its the pyro in side of me just taking.......But i still like the pheonix out of all mythical creatures.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna]My favourite mystical creatures are Minotaurs. Why minotaurs, you ask, when there are the wise and gentle centaurs to choose from (When dealing with -aurs)?

The answer is simple. Have you ever met a centaur? Ever read anything about them? Let me tell you something about them few people remember - [i]centaurs did nothing but drink wine - strong wine - and rape women ALL DAY LONG.[/i] That was [b]IT[/b] (With the exception of Chiron, of course). Not only were they pillaging drunkard bandits, they were lying, cheating, dirty bastards aswell! Turn your back on em' and you wake up in an ice-filled bathtub with your kidneys on the black market!

Ok, well, now you may be saying - "Didn't minotaurs just hang around in damp, spooky caverns, eating human sacrifices?" The answer is, of course, no! That was Uncle Jeb of Mycenea, and he was always the black sheep of the family, y'know? Most minotaurs just considered him some crazy nutcase looking for a free meal, except he got lost in the labyrinth and couldn't find his way back out.

Now, minotaurs weren't exactly what I'd call peaceful creatures. Rather, I'd describe them as "Really, really, [b]really[/b] ******* cool!" Come on, tell me you wouldn't find a huge, hairy, axe-weilding bull-man absolutely AWESOME? They're the ******* best! And they're the best damn -taur of them all![/COLOR]

My favourite Mystical creature is God.

Only kidding, although Personally my favourite Mystical creature are Dwarves or to be specific, The cliche hairy Scottish ones, I think it might be a personal attack on the Scots with their portrayl though.

Guest executor
my favorite mythical creature is wyvern, stronger than dragons. :animesmil :animesmil

[CENTER]--------------------------------[/CENTER]

wyverns also are dragons... but still they differ...

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]executor[/B], please do not double post, if you need to add something just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. Also, please put more effort into your posts. Just saying what mythical creature is your favorite without taking the time to explain why it is your favorite is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~SunfallE[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]My favorite mystical creature is the Competant Politition. It's really a shame that they don't exist.

In all seriousness, I would choose the phoenix. It's the "reborn from the ashes" thing that really draws me to them. For those who might not know, what I mean is that the phoenix never just dies of old age. It bursts into flame, the ashes fall to the ground, and a baby phoenix comes out of the ashes.

That, and they've been portrayed as beautiful animals. I would love to see it.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I'm assuming the topic was supposed to be "mythical"?

Should that be the case, I would also say dragons. Big, strong... yeah. The thing I like the most is their power and that they can fly. Fire breath isn't a big sell for me, but it's sure a plus. So there you go.

Mine is the Jabberwocky. I saw a picture of one in my Literature book this year. It was soo awesome. It was like a demon but was really tall and had weird teeth. It also gives people riddles and If they cna't solve them the people die. Badass in my oppinion. Then eddie from Iron Maiden. He's the coolest undeaed zombie thing ever.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Mine is the Jabberwocky. I saw a picture of one in my Literature book this year.[/quote]

Too bad that what ever the picture looked like, it isn't authentic. Jabberwocky is a character of a poem in the book "Alice through the Looking Glass" (better known as "Alice in Wonderland" by Disney) but in the poem there is [I]no description[/I] what-so-ever about Jabberwocky's looks. Of course, I can be proven wrong about this too...

What comes to the topic at hand, I would have to go with [B]oriental dragons[/B] myself. As opposed to western dragons, they are more often associated with water than fire, and although they can fly (despite not having wings), they are used to symbolize rivers and lakes and seas.

I had a (cheap) pendant depicting a Chinese Dragon but I gave it to my boyfriend as a token of love. [I]He's my own Bunny Dragon![/I] <3 *dies to overdosis of cuteness*

[COLOR=SeaGreen]My favorite mythical/mystical creature is a fairy. From the Enchanters and enchantresses with supernatural powers to Nature fairies who are connected to nature, the water spirits, tree spirits and such. The other reason I like them is because I like the idea of having wings.

[IMG]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5427/aaryannafairy019pf.jpg[/IMG]

I mean who wouldn?t want to be able to fly and have magical powers as well? ^_~[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Avenged666fold][font=verdana]It [b][the Jabberwock][/b'] also gives people riddles and If they cna't solve them the people die.[/font][/quote]There's nothing about that in the poem either. All we're told is to beware the teeth and claws.

The Sphinx killed people if they couldn't answer its riddle correctly. Perhaps whatever book this was in got the two mixed up (somehow :animestun ).[/FONT]

[quote name='Sandy]...but in the poem there is [I]no description[/I'] what-so-ever about Jabberwocky's looks. Of course, I can be proven wrong about this too...[/quote]
I just wanted to point out that there is an illustration of the Jabberwocky commonly printed along with the poem. Another one of Tenniel's (sp?) pictures, I believe.

My favorite mystical creature is subject to change, but right now I am fond of the gryphon/griffin/griffon. Whichever way you prefer to spell it. The gryphon is basically a lion with wings, the beak, and sometimes legs of an eagle. It makes an appearance in
[I]Alice in Wonderland[/I] and inspired the invention of another creature, the Hippogriff. It has an untameable nature and its magical properties include vigilant protection against evil, a desire to protect precious objects, and frightening away anyone who thinks about desecrating a holy place. It is associated with Greek deities, including Artemis who gained the title "Mistress of Gryphons," and the goddess of justice Nemisis, whose chariot was drawn by gryphons.

i would have to say the dreagon , not the forest dwelling, village piliging kind, but the "Eragon" companion version of dragons, it would just be cool to have a dragon to share your mind/soul with. you know, you bocome them, they become you kind of thing.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I've always liked dragons and they would probably rank in at number two here for me but my favorite mythical creature would have to be the phoenix. I've always just thought they were awesome - a bird of fire which technically never dies. When it does "die," it burns to ashes and is then reborn from said ashes.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=Navy]Personally, my two favorite creatures of sorts are elves and dragons. Of course, almost all like those two. They both represent grace, strength, beauty, and speed.

Though I really love how dwarves and elves bicker with eachother. That, I find, is the most entertaining in all fantasy stories.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Definately the Pheonix.

[quote]Said to live for 500 or 1461 years (depending on the source), the phoenix is a male bird with beautiful gold and red plumage. At the end of its life-cycle the phoenix builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises. The new phoenix embalms the ashes of the old phoenix in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in Heliopolis ("the city of the sun" in Greek), located in Egypt. The bird was also said to regenerate when hurt or wounded by a foe, thus being almost immortal and invincible ? a symbol of fire and divinity.[/quote]

I've always felt a kinship to this mystical animal, mainly because the idea of being reborn from my ashes is, metaphorically, my life story.

Also, my fave song is "Days of the Pheonix" by AFI, which although it has nothing to do with the bird, it still makes me think of that image.

[quote name='Embers of Life][FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]......Dragons are real, they were found in a high up ice cave. Dead of course, it was a young one and it's mother. Dragons prey kept geting killed by humans and then Dragons were drivin away into high moutain peaks. Once food became so scarce the dragons began attacking villages and taking animals for food, hence all the legends. Humans were enraged so they went after the dragons..... .. They found out that the young one was slaying by a swor breaking off in its body, so it froze over after death. The mother greived its youngs death, but continued to live. Untill it was killed by more humans. So after the cave, both dragons all forze over they were preserved in death. Then some scientists found them and studied them. It was actualy a cool document.[COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Due, that was animal planet making one of their fake documentaries. Did you think walking with dinosaurs was real? Same thing. If someone found a real dragon, the news would've ripped it apart, Bill Gates would've cloned it, and people would be paying to fight them.

Anyway, mine is a toss-up between minotaurs and satyrs. Minotaurs are feral, but not savage. They are smart enough to be trained into tasks eventually. In some fantasy-thingies, they're actually as smart as people or genuinely good creatures (Ravnica). I like satyrs because they have those amazing pipes. The sound of them makes me both drousy and fascinated. So, if I were a young woman in a fantasy world, I'd tend to shy away from forests, since satyrs, like centaurs, do naughty things to women. Or so I've been told. Course, I've also been told that vampires do naughty things to women. Do nymphs talk about people as doing naughty things to them? If so, then why don't they fight back? If amazons could, they could too, y'know? wo, I totally just found a plothole in their mythiology. w00t![/FONT]