OtakuBoards

What Superpower do you want?

2010DigitalBoy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Red] If I were granted one superpower, hmmmmm.

ok.

This'll sound nerdy....

I'd go with pyrokensis.

which is basically the power to create and manipulate fire and telekensis.

why?

[list]
[*]mind control
[*]get into someone's head and read their thoughts
[*]moving stuff would be easy
[*]I could provide a source of heat
[*]and I could bring my internal temperature up, so I could stop complaining I'm cold
[*]generate forcefields
[/list]

yeah, that'd be great, get back at the guy, by making him run into something at full force, then lighting his pants on fire.

^___^

LF[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Leon Fury][COLOR=Red] If I were granted one superpower, hmmmmm.

ok.

This'll sound nerdy....

I'd go with pyrokensis.

which is basically the power to create and manipulate fire and telekensis.

why?

[list]
[*]mind control
[*]get into someone's head and read their thoughts
[*]moving stuff would be easy
[*]I could provide a source of heat
[*]and I could bring my internal temperature up, so I could stop complaining I'm cold
[*]generate forcefields
[/list]

yeah, that'd be great, get back at the guy, by making him run into something at full force, then lighting his pants on fire.

^___^

LF[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1][i]"Pyrokinesis is the postulated psi ability to excite the atoms within an object, possibly creating enough energy to ignite the object."[/i]

Sorry to be a nitpicker here but all Pyrokinesis would allow you to do is to set things on fire, sometimes not even that. Most often it's portrayed as being able to control fire (Like Pyro from X-Men) but not to create it.

So it has nothing to do with regular telekinesis, in fact it's more like psychokinesis.

Anyway I'm here so I may as well indulge. My favoured power would most likely be "Chlorokinesis", that being the mental ability to control all manner of plant life. The main reason being where aren't you going to find plants on Earth? Just use vines and such to ensnare people and I don't have a weakness like Magneto against Plastic.[/size][/color]

Sure you do, Jokopoko, all your enemy would have to do is drop you out in the middle of the desert, you'd be rendered powerless. :p

Super powers eh, well; how about the ability to kill a Yak, from 300 yards away, with mind bullets! But seriously, I'd take the ability of telekenisis over any other form of superpower any day. The ability to manipulate and control any object would make you the most powerful being alive. Imagine the possibilities.

Of course, I'd settle for middle ground, like being able to control only 1 element or something along the lines of Magneto where my awesome powerness would have a silly weakness, but I hope and dream of total immorrtality!

[SIZE=1][quote name='Lost Lightbulb']Super powers eh, well; how about the ability to kill a Yak, from 300 yards away, with mind bullets![/quote]

Oh,Tenacious D [I]ftw[/I].

Hm, I'm not sure what the proper term for it is (Electrokenisis, mayhap?) but I'd love to be able to control electricity. Not quite in the sense of thunder and lighting, but being able to zap stuff would be pretty awesome. You could set things on fire if you really wanted and possibly blow things up, too. Pretty light shows, yes?

I wouldn't mind being able to still time, either. If only for my own amusement.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]If I could only choose one it would be to control air. The ability to manipulate it to create a calm breeze or say a devastating tornado would work for me. And if possible I?d use it to be able to fly. Though if being able to fly didn?t work I?d settle for being able to fly by itself. Of course I?d have to throw in some way to protect myself other wise going over a certain speed would end in my getting killed. Being killed by your own superpower would be extremely lame. [/COLOR] ;)

I would have to go with super speed, both because I would be able to help a lot of people with this power and because I could travel long distances in a short amount of time without having to use fossil fuels. Another reason it might be nice is because in real life my running speed is not unlike that of a turtle.

I would love to have the ability to control time. Stopping, starting and re-winding. There are so many wonderful things you could do! If you broke a priceless family treasure you could rewind time and not break it. Let say your drunk friend throws up in your car, you could rewind that too.

On more of a deviant side you could go gambling in Vegas and fix the games so you win. You could walk into a bank and just take money. You would never have to work since you could just take whatever you needed!

[QUOTE=Jokopoko][color=teal][size=1][i]
and I don't have a weakness like Magneto against Plastic.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Ever hear of Agent Orange?

Super powers... well, someone already took a quote from Wonderboy, so that's out (I was going after the power... to move you.)...

I'll go with the power to find misplaced items. Things that just disapear without explanation, I'd like to be able to find them. Lost CDs, lost movies, lost keys, whatever. It's really annoying. I just thought of this power because this thread made me thing of Tenacious D, and I can't find my CD anywhere...[/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms]The last time this thread popped up I wrote an OB fanfic based on it. :p

My preferred superpower is and always has been [b]invisibility.[/b] With control, of course, permanent invisibility would be lame. And of course, I'd have to be able to make my clothes invisible too. But with those caveats, think of the awesome! Fighting crime becomes a possibility - you can follow bad guys, sneak into their base, beat them up before they know what's happening. You can also avoid people you don't like.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not making up reasons to cover the fact that I want to go perving.[/font]

Like Panda, I'd go with time manipulation.

-No one would be able to touch me (unless they sneak up on me). Someone's about to shoot me? Stop time and take their gun.
-I could speed up the school day.
-I would never have to worry about not finishing something on time.
-I could have Malcom in the Middle moments. Stop time; look towards the invisible camera: "Woah, I can't believe Cindy just asked me to the dance."

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]I would want to have force persuade, like a jedi. Then i could rule the world!!! BWahahahaAhah!

Me: Could you get me some purple drink?
Other: Get your own damn purple drink!
Me: You want to get me some purple drink....
Other: I want to get you some purple drink *purple drink*
Me: Killer.

See! See how awesome that would be!!!??!?!

Later.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

Id love to be able to control light (e.g. Increase its intensity, focus light on a particular spot e.t.c). Yes I know its lame, but in all honesty, im not the kind of guy who would use superpowers to fight crime/rule the world e.t.c. So abilities (such as fire manipulation) while fun, wouldnt be much use to me.

However, if i could control light, I would:

1) Always be able to have a light source when the power goes out (a disturbingly frequent occurence n my area).
2) If pressed, i could always blind someone temporarily with a bright flash.
3) Similarly, if i DID go power mad (unlikely) i could focus all light in a specific area (lets say, a forrest), causing large fires worldwide whilst i made a list of demands to present to the UN.

Time manipulation [I]does[/I] have many more uses. However, one wrong step could result in a paradox of some sort. So light manipulation for me then.

Most of the powers here are just handicapped [B]Telekinesis[/B], so I really don't understand why you would want to specify water or air. [B]Telekinesis[/B] would be awesome. Flying(no need for specific super speed. You could just propel yourself.) would be great as well. Also, I could manipulate chemicals and electrons in the brain for brain control.

[SIZE=1]Mhm.

For some reason, I wish I had the power to make someone hurt themselves. Hehe, like if you're talking to someone and they are annoying you to the point where you can take it anymore, you can think and they'll start biting their tongue repeatedly. But then I would accidentally kill someone and have to live with that regret for the rest of my life.

I also would like to fly, but for some reason it seems deadly. Why if you get tired and just fall out of the sky? You know?

Or, I want to be able to have telepathy. So I can know if when I leave someones house or some event they start to talk about me. But I might come across some rather disturbing thoughts I would not like to ecounter.

So at the end of the day, I think super powers might not be such a good idea..[/SIZE]

Guest DamagedTime
[QUOTE=Tical]Well, it's pretty straightforward.

I want the power to[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] teleport[/COLOR]. Because then I could go anywhere I want without hassle and i wouldn't have to ever use a dreaded automobile.[/QUOTE]

I would want the power of healing tears. And the power of strong fingers so people would fear my touch.

[color=purple]i wouldn't really want a superpower, i mean it would be nice! but i think i would want the remote from the movie [b]Click[/b] so that i could controll everything. i mean, it would be awesome to pause your teacher or someone you hate and then smack 'em around like Adam Sandler did to David Haslehoff(sp?). but if i did have a super power...it would be...telekensis. that would be awesome aswell.[/color]

[color=#ff9920][quote name='Morpheus]Most of the powers here are just handicapped [B]Telekinesis[/B'], so I really don't understand why you would want to specify water or air.[/quote][/color][color=#007520]I disagree. I think specializing in water or air would make you a lot less versatile, but a lot stronger. It's true that telekinesis can help you lift water and move air, but have you ever tried lifting water with your hands? It would be a little difficult to control, especially with your mind. If someone specialized in one element, I think that the power would be more intuitive, and therefore more effective.

It's so much more effective for a psychic to just use their telekinetic powers as an attack rather than use it to control elements.

Personally, water has always been my favourite of the four/five elements. If I could control an element, I'd love to use the water element. Our air is full of water so I could gather water in most places on Earth. Of course, my real weakness would be extreme temperatures because of Water's tendency to change form.

Other superpowers I've always had my eye on were superspeed, the ability to stop time, and the combination of telekinesis and telepathy. These were more practical than my water control, but the style that I've seen some waterbenders display has seduced me.

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Well, my favorite super-power has always been the "power-leech" style. Brief physical contact and, ka-stang, I have their super-power. Excellent diversity, and never boring in a fight because you always have a new trick up your sleeve. And, hey, might work on normal "talents," too. Play the guitar in one easy touch, everybody. Although, something tells me it wouldn't last terribly long. That kind of thing never does, sadly.

Barring that, though, water-manipulation would be a good one. Enough control, and you could tear people apart at a molecular level. Fun times.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lost Lightbulb']Sure you do, Jokopoko, all your enemy would have to do is drop you out in the middle of the desert, you'd be rendered powerless.[/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Actually, there's a lot of plant life in the desert. ;)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[quote name='Raiyuu][font=trebuchet ms']The last time this thread popped up I wrote an OB fanfic based on it.[/font][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]That is [i]such[/i] a good idea. I might do it! :3[/FONT][/COLOR]
[QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]I would want to have force persuade, like a jedi. Then i could rule the world!!! BWahahahaAhah!

Me: Could you get me some purple drink?
Other: Get your own damn purple drink!
Me: You want to get me some purple drink....
Other: I want to get you some purple drink *purple drink*
Me: Killer.

See! See how awesome that would be!!!??!?!

Later.
[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Oh my. That's awesome. Just... awesome. lol

Okay, now that I'm done replying to all those quotes...

If I could have any superpower, it would definately be the ability to teleport. But only if it had that purplie smoke that Nightcrawler has (though I'd prefer white). Yes, that would lead to great fun.

I'd say the ability to seduce any women I wanted, but I already have that power.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Rurouni
i like mastetry of water like controling it amd form it into anything in my mind :D

that be cool :cool: