OtakuBoards

13 Things I Have Learned.

Sara

[color=#b0000b][size=1]ITT, we discuss [i]one thing[/i] we learned from each year of compulsory school that we attended.

For me (an American who attended kindergarten and has finished grades 1-12), this comes to thirteen things. If you attended pre-school, your list may be slightly longer. If you have not yet graduated, your list will be shorter. If you're from a country with a different school system, please explain it for us clueless Americans.

[center][b]THIRTEEN THINGS I HAVE LEARNED[/B]
[i]presented in a format suitable for a corny inspirational poster[/i][/center]

[indent]?[b]Kindergarten[/b]: You can stick pins through the tips of your fingers without actually hurting yourself. This will impress your friends, but not your teachers.

?[b]First grade[/b]: During musical performances, it is important to wear your sparkly gold hat in a way such that the audience can [i]actually see your face.[/i] Everyone is wearing the same costume, but your parents are only there to see you, so it's nice if they can tell which gold-clad child you are.

?[b]Second grade[/b]: Whether you fit 30 or 80 droplets of water onto the surface of a penny depends largely on the size of your droplets. Most pennies are actually the same size.

?[b]Third grade[/b]: No matter how long it takes you to write out all of your math problems, you will not get any credit if you forget to actually [i]solve[/i] them.

?[b]Fourth grade[/b]: Recorders are [i]awful[/i], and should never under any circumstances be played in church.

?[b]Fifth grade[/b]: It [i]is[/i] possible to be so nervous that you throw up. All over the hallway.

?[b]Sixth grade[/b]: Cheerleading is overrated (but not all cheerleaders are idiots).

?[b]Seventh grade[/b]: Adjectives modify nouns. Adverbs modify everything else, and this actually [i]makes sense[/i]. (This was such a revelation...I can't even tell you how long it took me to understand what adverbs actually were.)

?[b]Eighth grade[/b]: Do not give a sappy "we've been classmates for so long" tape to a girl with whom you are not actually good friends, and who may become your enemy in high school. (The thought of this tape [i]still[/i] haunts me!)

?[b]Ninth grade[/b]: Study hall is [i]boring[/i]. Take art classes instead.

?[b]Tenth grade[/b]: Spanish and German are not the same language, but it is possible that an absent-minded language teacher may forget this.

?[b]Eleventh grade[/b]: Doing [i]some[/i] of the work for a group project is somehow more stressful than doing [i]all[/i] of the work for yourself.

?[b]Twelfth grade[/b]: If everyone likes what you're doing, you're doing something wrong. There are many people from whom approval is decidedly A Bad Thing.[/indent]

[/color][/size]

here goes...

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Preschool[/COLOR]: If you pee yourself during naptime, you will not be aloud to return.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Kindergarden[/COLOR]: School is boring, and the time could be better spent trying to figure out how to tie your shoes.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]1st Grade[/COLOR]: When you go into 1st grade, you are supposed to be 7 years old. If you are 6, you are 'lucky'. If you are 8 you are 'unlucky' (it took me years to decifer this logic)

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2nd Grade[/COLOR]: Talk to the kid in your class who also rides your bus. Chances are you'll become best friends.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]3rd Grade[/COLOR]: Kids are evil and will hate you for the most trival of reasons.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]4th Grade[/COLOR]: If your having trouble in school, it's your teacher's fault, not yours.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]5th Grade[/COLOR]: If you have popular friends, EVERYONE will know your name.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]6th Grade[/COLOR]: It's way better to start school in September than August.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]7th Grade[/COLOR]: When someone takes your glasses, you must let out a stream of cuss words if you want them back. Chances are 50/50 that you'll see them for the rest of the day.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]8th Grade[/COLOR]: Don't ever confuse 'emo' and 'post hardcore' or an army of genre whores will burn you at the stake.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]9th Grade[/COLOR]: Being the only white person in your school is as crazy as it sounds.

[COLOR=SeaGreen][B][FONT=Tahoma][CENTER]8 Things I Have Learned In My 13 Years On This Planet[/CENTER]

Preschool: You don't really need to nap at nap time.

Kindergarten: Worrying gets you nowhere in life.

1st Grade: Never tell your friends who you like. Ever

2nd Grade: Penpals are fun.

3rd Grade: Don't dedicate school projects to your family. It's dumb.

4th Grade: There will always be dumb fads, that everyone in the class likes. Like pet rocks.

5th Grade: Wearing a cape and pretending to be a superhero will come back to haunt you. So don't do it.

6th Grade: Do not, under any circumstances, tell your math teacher that you don't like your name.[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Preschool: Hoarding the Lincoln Logs=kicked out. Nuff said.

Kindergarten: Lowercase a's are sent by Satan. I could not figure out how to write those.

1st Grade: Pay attention. (In retrospect, that's all I learned-- I remember NOTHING about that grade, not my teacher, my school, my classmates, anything.)

2nd Grade: Moving three times in a year usually amounts to few friends.

3rd Grade: Guy teachers are officially the greatest thing ever made.

4th Grade: 10-year-old romance is anything but romantic.

5th Grade: Don't eat the school pizza; don't think about eating the school pizza; don't think about not eating the school pizza; don't touch the school pizza; and most of all, friends don't let friends eat school pizza.

6th Grade: ANIME. Yeah. That's when my anime big bang occured.

7th Grade: Life sucks. And she's not [i]really[/i] your friend; she's a cheerleader for Christ's sake.

8th Grade: This is where you start to regret the fact that you didn't try harder in life.

9th Grade: Well, we'll see. ^_~

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Preschool: That Ken is really a kind of nice guy

Year 1: Ken is a dick. Oh, and spelling!

Year 2: 'Th' is different to 'f' phoentically. True story.

Year 3: I totally rocked out to the times tables.

Year 4: Widows make better teaches than those embittered by years of marriage.

Year 5: You can tell a lot about someone by the shorts they wear. A whole lot.

Year 6: HOLY ****, GIRLS.

Year 7: HOLY ****, GIRLS aren't interested in me.

Year 8: The most interesting people wear glasses.

Year 9: I gave my friend a premature grey patch from worrying in year 6. [i]Whoops[/i].

Year 10: Accelerated learning programs are really pretty flawed.

Year 11: Doing senior was a mistake.

Year 12: Screw you guys, I'm going home. At which point I dropped out.[/font][/color][/size]

[indent][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][center][b]ELEVEN THINGS I HAVE LEARNED[/b][/center]

[B]Kindergarden:[/B] You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends. But you can't pick your friends nose.

[B]Grade 1:[/B] Colour in all the white lines. Seriously, it gets you like an A+ (my teacher was a ***** when it came to colouring).

[B]Grade 2:[/B] No matter what your friends tell you, 1 + 1 is [u]not[/u] window.

[B]Grade 3:[/B] Nor is it 11.

[B]Grade 4:[/B] New school, new friends. Playing Dragon Ball Z at recess is considered cool.

[B]Grade 5:[/B] It's no longer cool.

[B]Grade 6:[/B] Girls don't like the same jokes your guy friends do.

[B]Grade 7:[/B] HOLY ****, girls.

[B]Grade 8:[/B] HOLY ****, girls are not interested in me.

[B]Grade 9:[/B] HOLY ****, girl is interested in me.

[B]Grade 10:[/B] HOLY ****, girls are interested in me (a change in appearance does a whole lot).

[B]Grade 11:[/B] Coming soon.[/FONT][/COLOR][/indent]

[FONT=Arial]
[B]Preschool:[/B] You're gonna have to learn how to tie your own shoes [SIZE=1]SOMETIME.[/SIZE]
[B]Kindergarten:[/B] It's better to learn how to read than play with blocks.
[B]First Grade:[/B] You can get in trouble for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
[B]Second Grade:[/B] Alphabet books are awesome.
[B]Third Grade:[/B] It sucks to be mistaken for a boy.
[B]Fourth Grade:[/B] You're not supposed to wear a costume on wear-a-costume day!
Jesus Christ!
[B]Fifth Grade:[/B] Elementary school is no fun at all.
[B]Sixth Grade:[/B] Lockers are a pain. Down with lockers.
[B]Seventh Grade:[/B] Irish teachers are really awesome.
[B]Eighth Grade:[/B] It's possible to have fun playing Kick the Can.
[B]Ninth Grade:[/B] High school - friends = the worst possible time ever.
[B]Tenth Grade:[/B] Currently learning things.
[SIZE=1]
I'm really happy, because I'm finally switching schools. If I wasn't going to, the one thing I learned in ninth grade would be the same for all four years. I'm finally going to enjoy going to school. (OMGZ?)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Kindergarden[Japan]: Separated from everyone else due to the fact that I was differently abled

1st grade[Japan]: old people qualify as teachers?!

2nd grade[Japan]: teachers who curse at students will help me prevail in the future

3rd grade[Japan]: great.... the teacher's filipino, my grandma and her had fun exploting me

4th grade[Japan]: hey I get to go to the school....next to my old school, wtf?

5th grade[Salt Lake City]: frim japan to utah, oh wow, wait a sec, we have a class mascot? o--k.

6th grade[Salt Lake City]: omg, turn that accordian off!

7th grade[Vegas]: all my teachers were rasicst, I refuse to remeber

8th grade[Vegas]: "no bam, I dont have money! back the fcuk off!"

9th grade[Vegas/London]: good bye vegas, hello....London? yes! back on an air base! ^___^ smaller school! everybody's on the same level. ^___^ what's a fangirl?...no wait. nevermind, I know now, and to think.....why did I fall in love with one in the first place?! >_<

10th[First Semister: London, Second: Vegas]: TBA
11th[Vegas]: TBA
12th grade[Vegas]:TBA

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][list][b]Preschool[/b]:
[i]First Year[/i] - It's good to know English if you're going to school in an English-speaking country.
[i]Second Year[/i] - Books are awesome.[/list]

[list][b]Kindergarten[/b]: Being Queen of the Animal Cracker kingdom does not entitle you to interrupt Storytime.[/list]

[list][b]1st/2nd Grade[/b] [i](attended in the same school year)[/i]: The shortest kids are the fastest, so hurrah for being the shortest. ^__^[/list]

[list][b]3rd Grade[/b]: You're not actually supposed to [i]say[/i] swear words. Everyone just knows what they are.[/list]

[list][b]4th Grade[/b]: Boys can actually be your friends - they're not [i]all[/i] uncivilized, cootie infested, card-carrying barbarians.[/list]

[list][b]5th Grade[/b]: It's a very satisfying feeling to know that you're better than most of the boys on your male-dominated soccer team (and league, for that matter).[/list]

[list][b]6th Grade[/b]: Imagination is the equivalent of magic.[/list]

[list][b]7th Grade[/b]: Cutting your hair short is not going to kill you - in fact, it lightens your head immensely.[/list]

[list][b]8th Grade[/b]: If you match-make all your friends, be prepared for vengeance; but don't ever lose hope, because life will get better.[/list]

[list][b]9th Grade[/b]: When the neighborhood is like family, every night (even school nights) is a memory made.[/list]

[list][b]10th Grade[/b]: Get going and stop sulking! Life moves you for a [i]reason[/i], so suck it up and deal.[/list]

[list][b]11th Grade[/b]: Friends are the greatest gifts. After all, when you're still the shortest, the youngest, and license-less, friends are the only ones who will drive you around just for the heck of it.[/list]

[list][b]12th Grade[/b]: Most diseases are unwelcome and quickly taken care of - senioritis is not one of them. Live it up! Because this is quite possibly one of the best years in the history of life.[/list]

[list][b]College Freshman[/b]: A good roommate is a blessing; and those AP classes in high school were actually worth it.[/list][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]Kindergarten[/B]- If you hit the teacher, they will hate you.

[B]First Grade[/B]- Writing in cursive is a good way to get yourself picked on.

[B]Second Grade[/B]- If you don't have a dad, others think you're a psyco.

[B]Third Grade[/B]- Picking a fight with the school bully gets you alot of respect, even for a third grader!

[B]Fourth Grade[/B]- Trying to kill your teacher get you a one way ticket to the school counselor's office for the rest of the day; no homework! ^_^

[B]Fifth Grade[/B]- Learning to hack from your teacher is usefull later in life.

[B]Sixth Grade[/B]- Girls like you better when you [I]don't[/I] look at their new assets. ^_^'

[B]Seventh Grade[/B]- The girls begin to notice that you're not completely an idiot. ^_~

[B]Eighth Grade[/B]- Hitting on your best friend's sister get's you in more trouble than the law cn put you in. ^_^'

[B]Nineth Grade[/B]- Trying to get the girl you want makes you miss the girl you could've had. V_V *sigh*

[B]Tenth Grade[/B]- you realize how lucky you really are not to have a drugy for a mom.

[size=1]
[b]Nursery - Lotsa forgettable teachers[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Infant section)
No making guns. Out of plasticine, lego, or otherwise. Guns are bad, even pretend ones. They can kill you see.

[b]Reception - Ms Wilde[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Infant section)
Year 6 kids arent so tough. Should one fall on you in the playground and refuse to budge, kicking at his head will get [i]you[/i] in trouble. Life's not fair.

[b]Year 1 - Miss Junejo[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Infant section)
It's ok. None of the other kids know how to write either. They were faking it the whole time, the jackasses.

[b]Year 2 - Mr Hutchinson[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Infant section)
There isnt much to being smart. In your face suckers.

[b]Year 3 - Mrs Curtin[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, [u]Junior[/u] section)
Santa is the headteacher in disguise. Play along, and you'll still get them yearly goodies though.

[b]Year 4 - Mrs Jones[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Junior section)
Fantastic Mr Fox. Nuff said.

[b]Year 5 - Mr Blair[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Junior section)
You know what makes for good writing during literacy hour? Daydreams. It really is that easy.

[b]Year 6 - Mr Williams[/b] (Wilbraham Primary School, Junior section)
****ing politics. TEACHERS HAVE HIDDEN AGENDAS >:(

[b]Year 7[/b] (Burnage High School)
Keep your mouth shut on the bus home. Always.

[b]Year 8[/b] (Burnage High School)
One year doesnt put you much higher in the High School social pyramid, in the eyes of the big kids =/

[b]Year 9[/b] (Burnage High School)
The new school cameras [i]do[/i] in fact work. And the office [i]does[/i] use them constantly. Just.. not very well.

[b]Year 10[/b] (Burnage High School)
You know what's cool? Being cool. You know what makes you cool? Being big. Suckers.

The last 3 years of education I've learnt nothing, yay![/size]

[size=1][indent]?[b]Kindergarten[/b]: (Evergreen Elementry) School food is really not good.

?[b]First grade[/b]: (Vern Patrick Elementry) There's such thing as numbers? By golly!

?[b]Second grade[/b]: (Vern Patrick Elementry) The principle is brown haired and wrinkly and kind of looks like Judge Judy.

?[b]Third grade[/b]: (Vern Patrick Elementry) Your best friends can be mean if you don't cheat for them.

?[b]Fourth grade[/b]: (Vern Patrick Elementry) Zomg! Teachers can cry...and say bad words in front of the class.

?[b]Fifth grade[/b]: (Vern Patrick Elementry) Don't let fat kids sit on the sofa chairs if you have a class pet.

?[b]Sixth grade[/b]: (Obsidian Middle School) Your best friends are the ones you had back in kindergarten. I can also say bad words now. Sick!

?[b]Seventh grade[/b]: (Obsidian Middle School) Your best friends aren't actually from kindergarten.

?[b]Eighth grade[/b]: (Obsidian Middle School) Don't date girls that have dated your best friend

?[b]Ninth grade[/b]: (Redmond High) Running from the campus cop and principle, because your friends are, is a bad idea.

?[b]Tenth grade[/b]: (Redmond High) Goofing off around seniors is stupid. Try not to envy them.

?[b]Eleventh grade[/b]: (Redmond High) Trends suck alot and everything they said about girls is true. [/indent][/size]

[size=1]

[INDENT]
Kindergarden- Being the youngest gets you the most sypathy with the teachers.

First Grade- Being youngest sucks, all the other kids are bigger and pick on you.

Second Grade- Mom pulls you out of school to homeschool, since you get bullied so much. And you're moving. And the damn schools don't teach you right.

Third Grade- Moving past Greek Gods, Multiplication, Division, and learning to read at a fifth grade level, homeschooling bores you.

Fourth Grade- So mom puts you back in school. Even the gifted classes turn out boring, and all but one kid hates you.

Fifth Grade- That one kid becomes your best friend. Everyone else continues to hate you for being a nerd.

Sixth Grade- You go through a dark phase, so mom pulls you out of school again. Homeschooling is just as boring as you remember it.

Seventh&Eighth Grades- Both completed in one year, you feel acomplished but miss having social contact.

Ninth Grade- Being twelve in ninth grade, they won't let you back in unless they put you back in middle school. So you keep homeschooling.

Tenth Grade- You start taking Freshmen Prep classes at a homeschool club. The kids like you a little better, but you still don't have any friends. So you get a job. They hate you there, too.

Eleventh Grade- Continue classes, plus a boyfriend. This year was one of the best. Except you're too distracted to get your goal SAT score.

Twelfth Grade- Still working. You Realize that the social drama is too much. You don't need that at fifteen. So you and your boyfriend split, and OB becomes your best friend.

[/INDENT]

The remainder of my senior year has yet to be lived.

[/size]

[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]Kindergarden:[/b] Teacher's should really have more patience with young children... I mean seriously. I only punched him in the mouth because he was screaming in my ear.

[b]1st Grade:[/b] Egyptian girl needs help. I'll save her. Also, the Mosquito Song.

[b]2nd Grade:[/b] That 2nd Grade didn't teach me anything memorable.

[b]3rd Grade:[/b] Why am I the only white person in the room? Oh well. Riding a big bike is fun.

[b]4th Grade:[/b] Awesome. I'm back on a military base. Holy poop. Dragon Ball Z!

[b]5th Grade:[/b] My friend Marven taught me how to trace Dragon Ball Z pictures! Also, I totally dig The Chronicles of Narnia movie and Monster Rancher. What's that? I'm moving to GERMANY!?!?!

[b]6th Grade:[/b] Wow... German teenagers really hate American kids. Oh well. I kissed a girl. That's a plus. Also, wicca girl in class is fine as hell. German is hard to learn to speak, but the teacher is nice. "Cirque Du Freake" is a cool book... also "Holes".

[b]7th Grade:[/b] What's that? I'm moving to KANSAS?!?! Awesome. Middle school and lockers rock. I'm digging that Eight Grade girl, Lauren. Maybe I'll ask her out... score! Wait... your friend? Sure, why not? Score! I just made out for the first time. Hm? School dance? Sure. Score! Three-girl dirty dancing! Dreams do come true!

[b]8th Grade:[/b] Basketball. Basketball. Basketball. Breakdancing and Basketball. Family Guy? Sure! Basketball. Tae Kwon Do class? AWESOME! Martial arts and Basketball. What's that? I'm moving to South Carolina? This outta be fun.... Damn it! This totally sucks... oh well. I'm getting the girls atleast. Boy, people sure think it's shocking that I date black girls down here... but it didn't work out. That blonde girl sure is hot... maybe I'll ask her out. SCORE!

[b]9th Grade:[/b] Me and that blonde girl are still steady. Boy o' boy, my first sexual experience. High school is alright. ROTC? Sure... man this uniform sucks... man... this class is boring. I don't know anyone. Why am I the only person who can pass PT? What the hell? Blonde girl... more sexiness? Awesome.

[b]10th Grade:[/b] Man. I can't believe I survived Freshmen year. PE and Art are fun, everything else sucks. Me and that blonde girl are still together. What's that? Year 2 in the relationship? Wow.... man... we've grown apart... man... I'm starting to hate her... man. I can't believe she broke up with me! Wait, what!? Only two weeks left in school?! Crap! Now for a booty-less summer...

[b]11th Grade:[/b] I'll let you know in two weeks.[/color][/size]

Wow, this is fun. My turn!!!
Pre-K: Oh, wait, we don't do that.... never mind.
Kindergarten: Begin flirtin with guys. Insanely. Oops!
First: Don't remember much. I think I decided guys had cooties.
Second: Don't remember much then either. Still going to school in Oregon.
Third: Doin' all right, nice friends... wait, we're moving? To SD? What the heck? Where's that? School in SD's all right... made friends on first day. w00t!
Fourth: All friends but one move away. Pokemon is a fad that I never picked up. What the heck? Oh, and we play in the bushes, battling the evil fifth-graders for them. We were "dogs" they were "horses"
Fifth: Evil fifth - graders gone. We are now the evil fifth graders. We are now the "horses". Halfway through we get thrown out of the bushes cause someone supposidly saw a snake. Bummer. Make new friends and move to sandpit. My guy friends are midgets. Pokemon? Yeah. Sure. Made another new friend who moved away to Florida. Dang.
Sixth: Middle school.... what? You shower after PE? Horrors! And lockers? Whose bright idea was that? My teachers are insane but funny. Sad to leave.
Seventh: Math teacher liked punk rock. O.o Oy. Begin writing stories - first one about the unicorns and pegasus in that special place... fav. Band teacher moves away. Cries. Hates the new teacher. Joins Orchestra. Sits in back of room with cute guy. Wee! We flirt. Yay!
Eighth: Discard old story. Now begins to write about elemental freaks. Makes new friends. Learns that the annexes are very hot near the end of the school year. Still likin' this orch guy. Yay! He likes me back (though we never said it to each other).
Ninth: Crud... Back to the bottom of the food chain where everyone really hates you. Managed to dodge PE, but have to do it next year. Music classes suck. Friend from fourth grade begins to grow distant. Dang. Guy from orch gets a girlfriend. I find another guy (accidentaly, I swear) who likes me a whole lot more. Wee!
Tenth: Arriving rapidly. Hopin things will go ok. Have PE for a semester. Music teachers will probably fight over me. Oh, well. TBA.

[font=arial][size=1]Pre-K: Don't smuggle Transformers into class, they always get broken.

Kindergarten: Don't argue with the teacher, even if they are incredibly wrong.

1st: Not doing your homework doesn't change your grade as much as teachers make you think it does.

2nd: Falling out of chair = laffs.

3rd: Public bathrooms are a great place for a first kiss.

4th: Fat teachers = bad teachers.

5th: Girls are incredible, so I should ask every single one of them out.

6th: People will call you gay just because you don't get a joke, even if you have a girlfriend you're very much in love with.

7th: Breakups suck, so does not believing in God.

8th: Tomboys make the best girlfriends ever.

9th: Tomboys make the best cocaine addicts ever.

10th: Aparrently it's okay for 18 year old guys to fall in love with 13 year old girls.

11th: Only being together for a weekend does not make a breakup any less difficult for me. At least I have real friends now.

12th: Okay, crap, all those real friends are in college now.[/font][/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][U]Things Learned Throughout the Years[/U]

[B]Preschool[/B] (Mexico): "It sure is hot outside."

[B]Kindergarten[/B] (Washington): "It sure is cold outside." That, and 'flicking the bird' is not a nice gesture.

[B]First Grade[/B] (Mexico): Not everyone wants to be your friend (encountered first bully). That, and not everyone likes insects...*sob* Also, uniforms are evil.

[B]Second Grade[/B] (Mexico): Became leader of a small gang of ruffians and exacted revenge on a past bully - lesson learned? Revenge is an interesting motive. This, and when struck at a certain angle in the crotch, a plastic ruler will break without harming you. Also, when trying to lift a desk, try not to fall back and hit your head on the chalk ledge. Uniforms are still evil.

[B]Third Grade[/B] (New York): The American school system does, without a doubt, suck at teaching (math in third grade was easier than it was in second grade in Mexico). Extra: Girls are pretty, but they don't go for just brains.

[B]Fourth Grade[/B] (New York): So not everyone sees things this blurry? So I need glasses? That's new.

[B]Fifth Grade[/B] (New York): When engaged in a fight, be aware of your surroundings - the corner of a windowsill is somewhat harder than than the side of your head. Then, when moving to another state, try to get the e-mail address of the girl you like...

[B]Sixth Grade[/B] (Texas): Joined band and played Tuba (hells yes), and learned that it wasn't so bad. Not many like insects, still. Being an average student coming from the Northeast will earn you the title of top student in your cluster here in Texas. Learned that a good majority of the girls here like to go for the hardworking and athletic 'redneck' stereotype...damn.

[B]Seventh Grade[/B] (Texas): Although mandatory school IDs are issued, I can still get myself out of trouble by taking off my glasses, turning my shirt around, and tucking my ID into my shirt (they are worn like necklaces). Not many like insects, still. I still can't get a girl to like me - no one seems to go for the intellectual type.

[B]Eighth Grade[/B] (Texas): Well, now I can finally get respect...or so I thought. Being a nerd, even if you have a decent fighting ability, does not seem to earn you respect. Well now, at least after three years I have made a handful of friends that accept my qualities - so people aren't all that bad, right? No. There will still be the 'kicker bullies. Still can't get a girlfriend.

[B]Ninth Grade[/B] (Texas): Hey, even if it is right along the border, no one seems to speak proper Spanish, except for me, and I'm from up North. Soccer is fun, but it's just a game, right? Oh no, it's a friggin' lifestyle, and people on the team won't like you if you take it lightly. Still can't get a girlfriend.

[B]Tenth Grade[/B] (Texas): It seems that anime-crazed girls don't like it when you tell them you like them...wtf?! Also, even if it is all last-minute, if you make a lyrics project for English II from a translated, Japanese song, and manage to make your poster interesting, and if you sing it in Japanese, you will earn an A+ for that major project. Still can't get a girlfriend.

[B]Eleventh Grade[/B] (Texas): Concentrated Nitric acid is indeed more caustic than one would initially believe. Hey, I'm finally getting some respect around school - maybe I can get a girlfriend now.......damn. Learned that respectably arguing something, like about rules that hinder your work, with the teacher will still get you a refferral...unless you have the Assistant Principal on your side, because he will just dismiss it as a silly misunderstanding.

Upcoming: My senior year - hope to get a girlfriend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Kindergarten - Ohhh look. Mean friend coming your way.

1st - Let that girl on the computer. Or your teacher becomes a *****.

1st (2nd year.) Holy crap!! I never finished things I started. Big *** deal.

2nd : What do yo u know school is kind of gay.

3rd. You can tell a teachers a witch, She says you role your eyes at her. WHEN YOU DIDN'T!!

4th. Another *****!!!! Subjested to sex. or at least learned it. (From my best friend.)

5th :Nice teacher. Good friends. only bout 7 though.

6th - If you've had sex with your lving room sofa DON'T TELL ANYBODY!!!

Now : You havn't kissed a girl!!! So what. Improvise. NEW ROOMS ROCK!!! and Somebody lost their virginity. To their cousin. (it wasn't me. My friend did.) :animenose

7th - well not yet. but! Maybe I will get a chick to kiss and love. And kiss.

[b]Kindergarten:[/b] Keep your fingers away from doors as they are closing.

[b]1st Grade:[/b] The older and skinnier the teacher, the more cruel and heartless he or she will be.

[b]2nd Grade:[/b] GeoSafari is the greatest thing [i]ever[/i].

[b]3rd Grade:[/b] Spending a week in the ball room passing out dodgeballs with your most loathed enemy is a much worse experience than one could possibly fathom.

[b]4th Grade:[/b] Being forced to dance the Macarena onstage in front of parents and faculty is [i]not[/i] classified "cruel and unusual punishment" according to the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Eighth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. (Bastards.)

[b]5th Grade:[/b] Neither is having to pay fake money in order to use the restroom.

[b]6th Grade:[/b] Playing [i]Wheel of Fortune[/i] on the computer is so much more fun than paying attention to petty things like "math" and "science."

[b]7th Grade:[/b] Mrs. Williams wore a wig.

[b]8th Grade:[/b] Middle school graduation ceremonies are amusingly tiny, no matter how many people go to your school.

[b]9th Grade:[/b] "What the ****? High school isn't [i]anything[/i] like [i]The Breakfast Club[/i]! I got ****ing gypped."

[b]10th Grade:[/b] Tennis is about a billion times more fun to play than it is to watch.

[b]11th Grade:[/b] "Wow, there are places on the Internet where people post about video games [i]and[/i] aren't completely retarded??" + God is on my good side because I got an A- in Trig/Pre-Cal.

[b]12th Grade:[/b] I make a sexy Meursault, doing an English project on Pixies (as in the band) = WIN, and Edgar Degas had [i]such[/i] a ballerina fetish. Also, girls don't like wearing orange graduation gowns.

[SIZE=1]

?Kindergarten: The monitor gets extra cookies.

?First grade: Gym sucks and nap time is so less comfortable with out the little blue cotts and a pillow
?Second grade: Teachers start having mental break downs when you use the wrong tape to cover a book.

?Third grade: The ice cream man knows exactly want you want and who you are after the first two years.

?Fourth grade: Pigeon's pooping on your head isn't good luck...but its easier to get out if your wearing braids

?Fifth grade: Old drunk ladies who are about to retiring shouldn't be allowed to teach..and public school is better than catholic.

?Sixth grade: If you have a new york accent, people will automatically think your out to beat them up.o_O

?Seventh grade: Don't do 'things' in front of a glass window...its stupid..and the whole school can see you. People in my school think their invisable

?Eighth grade: That Social studies teacher that you had last year IS seriously stalking students and you've found rock! congrats your mom will think your on drugs or pregant for the next two years.

?Ninth grade: If you can't write a B in the right direction you shouldn't be teaching a class and nagging kids about their math and english.

?Tenth grade: Running through the woods after school is more fun that it seems .then it rains because life hates you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Okay, so...I started school in Thailand at the age of three. Then I moved and went back to Kindergarden. Uh...whut.

[B]Year 1[/B] [Thailand]- Adults seem to think that when a boy chases after you with a dead insect and makes you cry, he probably has a crush on you. This does not make one feel better.

[B]Kindergarten[/B] [South Africa-First]- Geese hurt when they peck you. Do not climb into their pen and try to run away from them.

[B]Kindergarten[/B] [SA-Second]- Everyone seems to like you when you win a trophy in judo. Even that one nasty teacher.

[B]Grade 1[/B]- It's easier to get on with people when your first day falls on a field trip. Friends, yay!

[B]Grade 2[/B]- Honesty is not the best policy if it means getting sent to see the headmaster.

[B]Grade 3[/B]- Boys are way more fun than girls. I'd much rather play in mud than get a Valentine from one, ktnx.

[B]Grade 4[/B] [New School-Cape Town]- Boys are not fun any more, they stick tape in my hair and think it's funny.

[B]Grade 5[/B]- I think I'm in love with Gareth James Cawood. <3 Also, I've met my best friend through Pokemon.

[B]Grade 6[/B]- I'm still in love, and people think it's funny. Pokemon is still cool, but trying to start the 'Pokepaper' with best friend really won't work.

[B]Year 7[/B] [England]- People in England talk funny and laugh at my accent. This sucks.

[B]Year 8[/B]- Get first boyfriend. Isn't he dreamy?

[B]Year 9[/B]- Dump first boyfriend. Again. And again. And again. Now I have learnt from my mistakes.

[B]Year 10[/B]- Telling your friends that you have a crush on your art teacher is not clever, especially when they make kissy faces every time he walks past. People! We're 15!

[B]Year 11[/B] [Which I have just finished]- Finishing High School without ever having been in a fight/threatened/had a detention/forgotten homework is seen as some sort of amazing achievement. I'm going to miss it. ):

And in a month?s time I start college. Whee~ I've has such an odd educational history.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

[b]Playschool:[/b] Living right next door to your playschool means you never have to get up early.

[b]Junior Infants:[/b] If someone carries your bag for you after school, and ties your shoes, you've got a good friend.

[b]Senior Infants:[/b] School religious plays done in a church in front of 2,000 people is a good way to conquer stage fright. Also school principals do not appreciate being called by their first name, even if you're only 5.

[b]First Class:[/b] Standing up to a bully three years older than you, and beating him with a small army of your friends is probably going to be your greatest military victory.

[b]Second Class:[/b] Moving schools to the redneck village your dad grew up in is not fun. You will be the outsider and will be picked on.

[b]Third Class:[/b] Beating the living crap out of someone who bullies you is a good way to make them stop. Ignoring them simply makes them more determined to break you.

[b]Fourth Class:[/b] Finally being acknowledged as having an above average intelligence does wonders for one's self confidence. Joining a local martial arts group is also a good way to keep fit.

[b]Fifth Class:[/b] When everyone finally accepts you as being "from around here" you're going to get treated a hell of a lot better.

[b]Sixth Class:[/b] Pre-High School preparation can make the following year a hell of a lot easier.

[b]First Year - Third Year:[/b] Putting in the hours for study will pay off only if you're interested. No matter now long you stare at a maths book, it will not soak in if you hate maths. Conversely subjects you love are generally very easy to study for.

[b]Transition Year:[/b] Cutting loose after three years of hard work is a good way for people to get in touch with you. Generally they prefer someone who is laid back and you will have more success with the ladies if you take an active interested in building your body.

[b]Fifth Year:[/b] If through some freak accident you're injured badly in high school, for the love of God Almighty get back in as soon as you can. Failure to do so will result in depression and three years of doing **** all until you realise you can't go on like this.

Pity I didn't have that list a few years ago. Still life is only the accumulated events and trails you've faced.[/SIZE]

Wait!? I Actually Learned Something?!

[b]Daycare[/b] (Kansas): Biting people does not get you what you want. Although, if it's that dinosaur...

[b]Catholic School[/b]

[b]Kindergarten[/b] (KA): Talking to the people during nap time is not a good idea. If you do get to do something special during nap time because you don't sleep, don't share it with anyone.

[b]1st Grade[/b] (TN): When you're more advanced than the class, you tend to stick out alot. Teachers also don't like it all that much.

[b]2nd Grade[/b] (TN): Teachers will hate you for being on the ball and knowing what's what. Also, rolling your eyes during your Yearbook photo is not a good idea, because it'll embaress you to no end. Even today...

[b]3rd Grade[/b] (Utah): No matter what anyone says, never ever finish before everyone else and read a book. It's breaking the law. Also, allergies are something you should be ashamed of, even at such a young age.

[b]4th Grade[/b] (Utah): Apparently, teachers have feelings too. If you play an instrument and for every extra toot you get fined, is so bad to yell out that the other teacher won't fine you for tooting?

[b]Public School[/b]

[b]5th Grade[/b] (GA): Wow, public school's not all that bad. Wait, you mean your allowed to be smart?! OMFG! Although, the bus driver most likely hates you for some reason...

[b]6th Grade[/b] (GA): Middle School sucks ***. Especially when you're in the advanced social studies group and all you do is project after project after project. Science is also dull as a rock.

[b]7th Grade[/b] (GA): Biology means cutting things open. Chasing after people with guts is never a good idea. Advanced Social Studies Projects? Hells yeah! And not laughing during Choral Performances is always a good idea.

[b]8th Grade[/b] (GA): Rocks are the most boring thing on earth. Also, Galileo did not invent the telescope. It was some other guy hundreds of years later named Hubble... Learning Spanish is fun. Also, being different is bad. Verrry bad. So is trusting people. (Oh how I wished it was German...)

Repeated the 8th Grade due to Language problems. As in, I didn't know enough Spanish to get into the 9th grade. 9th Grade=Spanish or Science, but with 3 languages, so I was stuck with Spanish. When that makes any sense... >>;;;

[b]8th Grade[/b] (Germany): Wait, the class are all in GERMAN!? WTF? And they don't wear Lederhosen! Thank you Lord! Wait, being American is a good thing? Telling a classmate your gay is too!? Woah, where the hell did I just land?

[b]9th Grade[/b] (Germany): The boys in your class are going to cause problems and be ********. Learn to deal with it. Also, trusting people is usually bad. Only trust those you wouldn't ever trust otherwise.

[COLOR=navy]Pre-school:Never play the mom in house because you will just get beat up emotionally

First grade: Legos in speech class is fun

Second grade: Puffins live in Maine, Oregon, and Alaska

Third Grade: The teacher was an idiot

Fourth grade: If I'm not shy, I'm the most popular girl in the grade.

Fifth Grade: A lot of people besides the teacher are idiots. The Sheriff of Nottingham is Black and very nice.

Sixth grade: I learned how to conjugate a sentence.

Seventh grade: CATS and Phantom of the Opera are musicals

Eighth grade: Never trust the teachers or students

Ninth Grade: Terrorism is real, death is real (9/11)

Tenth Grade: Never do group projects

Eleventh grade: You can never get what you want. (exp: no Japan trip)

Twelveth grade: Almost all people in high school do not matter and all social events are stupid so do not waste your time. [/COLOR]

[color=#503f86][b]Nursery[/b]
Someone will always have the toy that you want.

[b]Reception[/b]
Disgusting habits (such as nose-picking) are easy to pick up, and impossible to lay to rest.

[b]Year 1[/b]
You can push someone over in the playground, but the next day they'll be your best friend again.

[b]Year 2[/b]
Best friends are interchangeable. On an hourly basis. The colour sticker on the books you read determine how many friends you have.

[b]Year 3[/b]
You cannot repeat most of the things you have seen on TV.

[b]Year 4[/b]
If you are away for twelve weeks, nobody remembers you.

[b]Year 5[/b]
Handwriting is [i]everything[/i].

[b]Year 6[/b]
You better hope that the people you like are going to the same high school as you, otherwise they won't look back.

[b]Year 7[/b]
If one of the largest guys in the yeargroup takes a liking to you, don't knock it. Also, you are complete fodder for the larger kids.

[b]Year 8[/b]
It's okay to find new groups of friends. Especially when the old one tries to push you down the stairs.

[b]Year 9[/b]
Some girls can actually be friends.

[b]Year 10[/b]
Exams suck. Hormones frequently suck, but not always. And it doesn't matter how nice a person you are- if you don't like football, you're an outcast.

[b]Year 11[/b]
Exams suck more, but OH MY GOD I HOPE I PASS! Also, you are complete fodder for the smaller kids.

[b]Year 12[/b]
High School is beneath you, but you still remember everything those bastards said and did to you. You cannot break the social hierarchy at this stage.

[b]Year 13[/b]
Some people are really not worth worrying about. Futurama is fantastic.

I hated school. Anyone who said "School days were the best days of my life" obviously went to a much better school than I did.[/color]