OtakuBoards

Your regular choice of soda.

Aberinkula

It's me again with another installment of "Completely random threads."

Well anywho. What soda sparks your interest and why?

For me it's a tie. I don't know if both of them are from pepsi comp. But I do know mountain dew is. So what's my two favorites? Well for me it's Mountain dew and Mug root beer. Mountain dew is something we all know and love. packed with sugar and concentraited orange juice with other natural flavors. (Read the ingrediants you might learn something.) The taste is good bu can leave your mouth wanting more. The new look is something to see too. 20 fl oz of energy for your daily crazy nut.

iI also like root beer. The dog isn't a pretty sight. But marketing ploys, you gotta love them. Anyways the flavor is rich in modified food starch? Anyway I usually have been getting coke zero because of it's loss of sugar and fat. but once in a while the great taste of root beer can't be ignored.

So I'm asking you. What's your favorite soda?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=Sienna]To me the absolutel WORST soda out there is CokeZero. Ok, C2 was pretty ok, it had half the carbs and it tasted pretty much the same... CokeZero just tastes like flat, week-old regular coke. If y'ask me, the whole health-food craze is just an excuse for shotty workmanship.

Anyhoo, the best soda for me is plain, simple, Coca-Cola Classic. It's crisp and sharp and bites, but still tastes great going down. It's simple and effective and incredibly kickass.

Ginger Beer (As opposed to Ginger Ale, somehow...) is another thing I love. If you're lucky, you can get the good kind, the kind that's made with real ginger... Holy crap does that taste good. You can't drink it right away though, or you stand a good chance of dieing, but when you finally get at it it's just what the doctor ordered.

Root Beer is another thing I love. My favourite kinds are the local in-glass-bottle brews but if those aren't available I always gor for Barq.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Vanilla coke is the shiz, unfortunately it has been discontinued. Now you must go to eBay to find old 12 packs of vanilla coke if you want some...that or make it yourself with real vanilla ice cream. But who the funk has the time to do that??! Certainly not I.

Cherry coke's pretty rockin' too. It's the shoot.

Dr. Pepper was my original fav. But it was only recently that i realized dr. pepper was essentially a cherry soda. I mean if you drink it you will notice the cherry flavor, it's not that strong though.

Root beer sucks pencils.

Oh...i took out all the naughty words i used and replaced them with socially acceptable ones. See if you can find them!

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[quote name='The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Vanilla coke is the shiz, unfortunately it has been discontinued. Now you must go to eBay to find old 12 packs of vanilla coke if you want some....[/COLOR'] [/FONT][/quote]

I have about as much sympathy for you as I do [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani#United_Kingdom]Irish Dasani[/url] junkies.

It's fans of [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/6-pack-of-New-COKE-in-cans-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ110024813593QQihZ001QQcategoryZ38QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]New Coke[/url] and [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/16-oz-Crystal-Pepsi-Bottle-Unopened-Nice-Condition_W0QQitemZ290022529234QQihZ019QQcategoryZ13614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Crystal Pepsi[/url] who're really hurting.

[size=1][color=slategray]On the whole "Worst Soda I've Ever Had" scale... Mountain Dew is really the only thing that sticks in my mind. I simply do not see why everyone loves it so much, it's disgusting and looks like mutated piss. Yes, I said it. I suppose, in general, I'm not a big citrus soda fan. Unless you are talking about that new, improved all-natural 7Up, that is delicious.

As for my favorite soda, it is definitely Dr Pepper. I even have some Dr Pepper pajama pants. Haha. In all honesty, Dr Pepper is the only good idea the Pepsi company ever got pregnant with. Otherwise, to me, Pepsi products are just a joke... a second-rate Coca-Cola wannabe. I mean, Pepsi tastes like Diet Coke... which is, not good.

But, yes. Coke/Cherry Coke or Dr Pepper are usually the only sodas I drink. Sometimes I like a nice brewery Root Beer, though. : D We have some great restaurants around that make a wonderful brewed Root Beer.

Oh man, has anyone here tried CokeBlack? The idea sounds terrible. Coca-cola... mixed with coffee... >.<
At least they are trying to come up with new ideas.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]Anyhoo, the best soda for me is plain, simple, Coca-Cola Classic. It's crisp and sharp and bites, but still tastes great going down. It's simple and effective and incredibly kickass.

Root Beer is another thing I love. My favourite kinds are the local in-glass-bottle brews but if those aren't available I always gor for Barq.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]These are the truest words you've ever posted during your stay here on OB.

I guess I'm just a fan of colas in general. Clear sodas don't do it for me; they feel like I'm drinking Skittles, which is [B]not[/B] a good thing. I generally feel slightly sick after finishing a Sprite.

Although, Orangina, if considered a soft drink, is also a favorite for me. Unfortunately, almost no one sells them. The last I had one was several years ago in New York City... shame.[/size]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Root beer sucks pencils.
[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

LIES!!

Root Beer is always on my top list of drinks when I am asked what kind of a soda I would like, I don't know what it about it that seems so intoxicating but it just really is. Although, the only time I won't drink Root beer would probably be when Barqs when its warm. It tastes pretty good when its cold but when its war it is just....urg.

The next choice would then have to be Orange Soda, even though it almost tastes nothing like what an Orange tastes like. The one that I really love though is Crush, yet I just hate that they only make theirs in glass bottles the old fashion looking way. Besides that Sunkist is the next best choice.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]

Anyone except me notice the crappy options at the top?

I despise diet sodas in general. If I'm going to go ahead and put crappy stuff in my body, I might as well go all the way and have it taste at least mildly pleasant.

I hate coke. With a passion. Pepsi is tolerable, but I hate the after-taste.

That being said, I also hate any of the 'Cherry-Vanilla-Blackberry-a-million-other-things-that-don't belong-in-coke-drinks'.

Sprite is alright, but I preffer water.

I do love Dr. Pepper, though. And Orange, Grape, and Strawberry Fanta.

All-in-all, I like most things with a citrus or fruity flavor.

[/size]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Split Keyblader'] What soda sparks your interest and why?[/quote]None of them. Carbonation and I do not get along and as a result pretty much any soda just makes me sick to my stomach. So for the most part I stick to water, juice and teas. So long as it doesn?t have any fizz I?m fine. Though I do keep a few cans of coke classic around since I hate feeling like I?m going to throw up when I?m sick. Especially when you feel that way for hours before you finally do throw up. So all I have to do is drink that and I can get the throwing up over with. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]The fact that we can ask about soda in a certain way, in regards to which one is our "favorite," indicates that we've already taken up a certain understanding of what soda [i]is[/i] without necessarily noticing the nature of that understanding itself in a clear sense.

In Latin the word [i]suda[/i] means "to sweat." This is actually the Romans' translation of a very different Greek word, [i]idio[/i], which speaks with a completely different sense that the mere swapping of one term for another skips over altogether. The most important aspect of that sense concerns the [i]self[/i]. The Greeks could not have been unaware of a certain relationship that this word [i]idio[/i], sweating, holds with another, nearly identical in sound: [i]idios[/i]. [i]Idios[/i] speaks of things regarding "myself" - something that is my own, which lies within my sphere, which concerns me. Sweating, in a strange sense (an accident of language? something else?), is never far away from what is most myself, most my own. If we are to begin to address the question which soda places before us, then we must first consider the possib-

[[i]a gang of angry men with bats gag f*head and drag him out through the back door; muffled banging, crunching, yelping kinds of sounds[/i]][/SIZE]

[quote name='Fasteriskhead][SIZE=1][[i]a gang of angry men with bats gag f*head and drag him out through the back door; muffled banging, crunching, yelping kinds of sounds[/i]'][/SIZE][/quote]
[size=1]God bless those angry men. I was about to go do the job myself.

And am I the only one who enjoys cold water more than soda?[/size]

[COLOR=#D55555][SIZE=1]^ Only after 2 straight days of drinking nothing but soda.

[quote name='sakurasuka][size=1']I despise diet sodas in general. If I'm going to go ahead and put crappy stuff in my body, I might as well go all the way and have it taste at least mildly pleasant.[/size][/quote]AMEN.

[b]Welch's Strawberry Soda[/b] tops my list of favorite carbonated drinks, well ahead of beer. It looks really cute in a tall glass (sans fizz, it could pass for a cocktail drink) or when topped with vanilla ice cream, but I can't drink it as often as I like 'cause it's super sweet stuff. >_<[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=DimGray][b]Moxie [/b]is a love/hate soft drink. Actually, it's kind of like beer. Horribly disgusting at first, but after a while, it just glides right down (not that I drink beer). But overall, it's disgusting.

[/color][/size][size=1][color=DimGray][b]Fufu Berry Jones Soda[/b], however is the best tasting beverage ever invented. Amazing. It goes great with [b]Andy Capp's Hot Fries[/b]. Any Jones Soda is great, but Fufu Berry takes the cake and stuffs it in its pants.

[/color][/size][size=1][color=DimGray][quote name='Retribution][/color][/size][size=1'] And am I the only one who enjoys cold water more than soda?[/quote] [/size][size=1][color=DimGray]Ice water is fan-freakin-tastic. You've got to drink water after a pop to clense your palate. Or at least I do. If I don't, the lingering sodie water taste makes me want another one. So kudos for water.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=DimGray]

And lastly, [b]whatever happened to Pepsi Blue[/b]? Now that was a quality beverage. There aren't enough blue drinks in the world.

[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=DimGray]
[/color][/size]

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]On the whole "Worst Soda I've Ever Had" scale... Mountain Dew is really the only thing that sticks in my mind. I simply do not see why everyone loves it so much, it's disgusting and looks like mutated piss.[/color'][/size][/quote] You're going to Soda Hell for that.

Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper are my favorites. Dr. Pepper is really just a happy medium in sodas: it's not so sweet as citrus sodas, but it's sweeter and smoother than Coke/Pepsi. And Mountain Dew... well, what can I say? Mountain Dew is just [url="http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30300"][color=Gray]x-treem[/color][/url].

And, Mr. Maul was right on track with Jones sodas; they're some great stuff. [spoiler]Too bad he dropped the ball by mentioning Andy Capp's Hot Fries.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Signature fixed. Sorry, it apparently stretched with the song titles. :P

[quote name='John][color=#000000']Too bad he dropped the ball by mentioning Andy Capp's Hot Fries.[/color][/quote][size=1][color=DimGray]I never was that grand at sports. And it just so happens that I am enjoying a bag of Andy Capp's delicious Hot Fries at this very moment. Also, after reading your post, and looking at the bag, I learned that Capp is spelled with two p's.[/color][/size]

[color=#000000][size=1][color=DimGray]Neat stuff.

[/color][/size]
[/color]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]John, your crappy signature is stretching out my page! :p

I don't drink soda often. If I go out to eat, I'll get myself one, but other than that I stick to water and milk, or sometimes juice. When I'm at the cafeteria at school, I'll sometimes spike my juice with some soda. (Orange juice with a shot of Sprite is tingly and delicious.)

As far as sodas go, my favorite has got to be Squirt. You can taste the grapefruit! It is delicious. YUM. I'm also a fan of cream soda, but it's gotta be bottled stuff. It's just not the same out of a can.

Oh, you know what else is good? Jones has already been mentioned, but I'm a big fan of [url=http://www.izze.com/]Izze.[/url] They have a grapefruit soda, too, and it is to die for. Plus it's healthy or something. YUM.

As far as the worst soda goes, the Worst Soda Ever was [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbitz_(soft_drink)]Orbitz[/url], pants down. I can't believe that's not an option on the poll.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]On the whole "Worst Soda I've Ever Had" scale... Mountain Dew is really the only thing that sticks in my mind. I simply do not see why everyone loves it so much, it's disgusting and looks like mutated piss. Yes, I said it.[/color'][/size][/quote]

Yes, yes, and yes. Mountain Dew is disturbingly disgusting. I mean, wow. We're not going to Soda Hell for hating Mountain Dew; you blasphemers who actually [i]like[/i] that crap are going to Soda Hell for indulging in its evil, Satanic pleasures.

Anyway, I rarely drink soda these days, but my preferred soda is Coke. I like Sprite, too, but there are also times when I really hate the stuff: Coke tastes good to me no matter what I eat, but depending on the food, Sprite can either taste fantastic or nearly as awful as Mountain freakin' Dew. Ugh. Pepsi tastes like Coke would were someone to dump a bucket of water into it and then add a couple of pinches of sugar for good measure, but I'll drink it if there's nothing else available. There's also this generic store-brand Sprite knock-off that I drink, though I can't say that I love it. However, as a college student, its relative cheapness (as in $$$) is what draws me to it, and it's really not bad anyway. At least that's what I tell myself.

[quote=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1] I don't drink soda often. If I go out to eat, I'll get myself one, but other than that I stick to water and milk, or sometimes juice. When I'm at the cafeteria at school, I'll sometimes spike my juice with some soda. (Orange juice with a shot of Sprite is tingly and delicious.)

As far as sodas go, my favorite has got to be Squirt. You can taste the grapefruit! It is delicious. YUM.[/quote][/size][/color]
[size=1][color=DimGray]
How could I forget Squirt? Or juice?? I'd much rather have juice any day than pop. Next to Fufu Berry, Squirt is my second fave (You [i]really can[/i] taste the grapefruit :P).

I've never heard of anyone else mixing Sprite/lemon-lime drink with orange juice. I do it because it tastes like [b]Orangina[/b].

Mmm...
[/color][/size]

[b][size=1]Man, the stuff some of you say..... Is just random. Can turn a frown upside down anytime when you see stuff like "Root beer sucks pencils." or "I simply do not see why everyone loves it so much, it's disgusting and looks like mutated piss." That's some funny stuff.

But in any case, I've lightened up on the sodas because they use to leave me with acid bumps out the wazoo. But I do still drink Dr. Pepper every once in a blue moon. Sprite is decent, but again not something I'll drink all the time. My preferred drink nowdays is Gatorade. When they're ice cold, they hit the spot. [/b][/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Normal Coke for me, Pepsi and all those wannabe Cokes just don't live up to the big CC's flavour for me. Aside from Coke, normal Fanta and Irish orange soda Club Orange are good with most meals or popcorn, though I wouldn't drink them on their own. Vanilla Coke was too vanilla-ey for me, it just went way beyond the sweet-tolerance barrier, about a third of the amount and it would have been a great alternative but as it was, way too sweet.

Worst soda I've ever had, that one's too easy, Diet Caffeine Free Coke, if you want Coke like that, get mud, mix it in with water and drink it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Boba Fett]I have about as much sympathy for you as I do [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani#United_Kingdom]Irish Dasani[/url'] junkies.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Carcinagenic ? We dodged a bullet there. Though seeing as I also dislike Deep River Rock, perhaps there's a connection...[/SIZE]

[color=darkred]My favourite soda is Rubican Mango. It's basically mango juice, but fizzy, which is awesome because I've loved mango juice since I was kid. Rubican are known for making all sorts of crazy fizzy drinks that people probably wouldn't drink as a soft drink, such as guava juice and kiwi juice.

I feel guilty when I drink coke, because I'm aware of all the bad it does. I only ever drink it for pleasure though, and not out of thirst, kind of like how other people drink beer. But the cheap tack like bubblegum juice and cherry-aid, I can't stand.[/color]

I very rarely put such filth as carbonated drinks into my body unless I've reached new levels of thirst and there's no water around.

Seriously, what's wrong with a nice cold glass of regular tap water? The best thing for you and it tastes great. It's gotta be the most refreshing thing you can drink on a hot day, or any other day for that matter.

And I heavily agree with indifference. Anything fizzy just tends to make my nose get all funny and generally makes my stomach want to implode etc. Filthy stuff. Nice idea with making you feel sick though, may try that.

[COLOR=#004a6f]My least favorite soda would probably be anything diet. It just tastes nasty. Next to that, root beer.

My favorite soda would be anything orange, whether it be crush, c-plus or store brands, though I notice that store brands while usually as good as the name brands don't tasts as good whenn it comes to orange grape and cream soda.

Seven-up and ginger-ale are pretty darn good too.

I have to say I think the difference between pepsi and coke is very small, and I find it weird how people say one or the other totally sucks. In my opinion, pepsi is a bit less sweet and somewhat more fizzy, and I like it a teeny bit more than coke because of that.

I like soda alot, but I know how bad it can be for you, especially that acid, so I don't drink it often. My older sis refuses to drink it unless its the only thing available. I drink water when I'm really thirsty, but only a small amount at a time. I simply can't drink an entire glass of water, like I can with pop or other drinks.

I drink mostly minute maid punches with meals, not the healthiest stuff as it has lots sugar, but still sufficient nutrients. And I like tea with snacks and breakfast.

But a drink I can't pass up for anything else, is a good ol glass of chocolate milk.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Andrew]
Seriously, what's wrong with a nice cold glass of regular tap water?[/QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]

Umm... Nothing... Except that it uhh... tastes like a cold glass of regular tap water... And, unless you've been drinking some freaky-deeky tap water I've never had before, that's pretty much flavourless.

As a way to make this post less completely useless, what do people where you live generally call carbonated beverages? Where I'm from we usually refer to them as soft drinks. The name 'pop' and 'soda' sounds wierd to me, actually. Like something they would have said back in the 80's or something. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']As a way to make this post less completely useless, what do people where you live generally call carbonated beverages? Where I'm from we usually refer to them as soft drinks. The name 'pop' and 'soda' sounds wierd to me, actually. Like something they would have said back in the 80's or something. [/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]My evil linguistic side was secretly hoping that someone else would steer the topic in this direction. =]

I grew up calling it soda, but where I go to school now (Twin Cities), it's called pop. Once in a while, I'll catch myself calling it pop, much to my dismay. I do call the little things that you use to open a can "pop tabs," though. Much easier (and onomatopoeic!) than "soda can tabs."

(US chart attached...)[/color][/size]