OtakuBoards

Your regular choice of soda.

Aberinkula

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]
As a way to make this post less completely useless, what do people where you live generally call carbonated beverages? Where I'm from we usually refer to them as soft drinks. The name 'pop' and 'soda' sounds wierd to me, actually. Like something they would have said back in the 80's or something. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Well, considering I live in Iowa, everyone calls it pop. I either call it pop or soda, it doesn't really matter to me. But calling it 'soda pop' is just going too far and too much effort.

Actually, I don't think I use either word in my everyday vocabulary. I usually just call the drink by it's name, since I don't have a wide selection of soda I like. I'm mainly only raving about Dr Pepper. It's my drug. Along with Puppy Chow, but that's besides the point.

I never hear 'soft drink' around here unless you go to a resturaunt or something like that.

Haha, the '80s... damn, I wish I had lived through that time period. Big hair, crazy fashion, and awesome music. I'm the only person I know that thinks that the '80s was awesome. XD
Oops, getting off topic...[/color][/size]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]How could I forget Squirt?[/color'][/size][/quote] [i]Squirt[/i]. Word.

I grew up in the South, calling everything Coke. It doesn't make any sense, sure, but it's a hell of a lot easier, and it doesn't complicate things as much as you might think. Then my family moved around and eventually landed here in Kansas, where everyone calls it pop, and sometimes soda. Pop is just a horribly stupid name, so, knowing my omni-Coke ways would cause too much hassle, I just started calling it soda, which is pretty bearable.

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']As a way to make this post less completely useless, what do people where you live generally call carbonated beverages? Where I'm from we usually refer to them as soft drinks. The name 'pop' and 'soda' sounds wierd to me, actually. Like something they would have said back in the 80's or something. [/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Soft or fizzy drinks is the normal terminology in Ireland. "Soda" is so American it's actually kind of funny to hear it out loud.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who've ever been in Ireland, or have Irish relatives, have you/they ever had [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_lemonade][b]Red Lemonade[/b][/url] ? I kid you not, it is a soft drink.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]My favorite soda is Fresca. ^_^ I love the taste of grapefruit and they?ve also got cherry flavored Fresca as well. ^_^ Sometimes I also drink sprite or root beer, but they just aren?t as good as Fresca. I?ve had other soda?s but the one?s with caffeine in them tend to make me feel wired so I rarely drink them.

As for what they are called. Most of the time I hear it referred to as either soda or Soft Drinks and occasionally I?ve heard them all referred to as Coke. I?ve never heard anyone call it Pop. A lot of people also just refer to it by name, like they will ask me if I want a Pepsi or a Dr. Pepper as that?s exactly what they have. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]What's my favorite soda you may ask? That would have to be Dr. Pepper, I simply love the stuff. And it was only till recently that I started drinking it, because believe it or not, I used to hate Dr. Pepper. How ironic is that? Anyways, I also enjoy Coke and I used to love Mountain Dew and now I hate it. Pretty weird huh? So, in conlusion class, Dr. Pepper is the soda for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've been known to do the dew most of the time. The dew and I only began doing it a few years ago, as I used to be affixed to the lymony goodness of Sprite. Letely, thouh, I've begun to tire of the dew (I think I did it a little too much) and have been trying out all sorts of other beverages.

My all-time favorite soda, though, was a very short lived Mountain Dew Pitch Black.

[QUOTE=Tical Blue]I've been known to do the dew most of the time. The dew and I only began doing it a few years ago, as I used to be affixed to the lymony goodness of Sprite. Letely, thouh, I've begun to tire of the dew (I think I did it a little too much) and have been trying out all sorts of other beverages.

My all-time favorite soda, though, was a very short lived Mountain Dew Pitch Black.[/QUOTE]
Version 2 was better. A sour kickin the ***!! But I miss it. Pesi blue was good. The first drink!!! But I miss MD Pitch Black as much as I miss Crunchy reeses peanut butter cups. They were the shiz!!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I just drink generic supermarket-own-brand lemonade, when I drink fizz. I mostly drink water because I don't have to buy it, and that waymy student budget is easier to stretch - to cover books, music, DVDs.

Without a doubt the worst fizzy drink I ever tasted was Cacolac. It had a limited run in France - I was just unlucky that it was in its heyday when I went on a French exchange programme. It was an attempt at chocolate flavoured soda - the ultimate junk drink! It was foul, and didn't last long.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrchid][quote name='John']Then my family moved around and eventually landed here in Kansas, where everyone calls it pop, and sometimes soda. Pop is just a horribly stupid name, so, knowing my omni-Coke ways would cause too much hassle, I just started calling it soda, which is pretty bearable.[/quote]

-GASP- I think calling it soda is stupid. When my cousin came from New York, she always called pop soda, and that annoys me for some reason. Meh, it's all the same thing anyways. :animesigh

Anyways, I think my favourite pop was C-plus until they cut down on the sugar in it. If I wanted to drink more healthy I could just drink water, right?

I also like Orange Fanta, Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper and [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ting_%28soft_drink%29]Ting[/URL]. Ting is the best! Every time visits from St. Kitts, I tell them to bring me back some Ting. I don't really like it when it's from Jamaica because it tastes different. Does anyone else find with soft drinks from other countries that the tastes are different?

That lemonade generic pop was really good. I also like the cranberry pop too.

I really hate Vanilla Coke and Vanilla Pepsi. It reminds me of when my siblings and I were younger, my mom made us drink milk with Coke, or else we couldn't drink any Coke at all. Good riddance Vanilla Coke! ;) [/COLOR] [/FONT]

I call it pop, but have to watch it cause other people don't call it that, so they get confused. Or my dad asks if I want one in the mouth.

I personally like orange soda - I was on an orange soda run before school ended, and still like to drink it. But I also like root beer, and sometimes, if there's nothing else, I'll drink sprite or grape soda, or even lemon-lime, just cause its a cheaper brand of sprite. But I normally don't like pepsi products or coca-cola stuff either. My dad does, though...

So.... does anyone have any soda?

• 3 years later...
My favorite sodas are Coke and (orange) Sunkist. I used to like Sprite, but now it tastes like a lot of sugar in water that was carbonated, so no flavor at all! The only problem though is that we do not often have soda it's Diet Mountain Dew Code Red, and I for some reason do not like MD.

Tap water with ice is an essential, it is practically the only thing I drink (besides chocolate milk and OJ).

[font=helvetica]You know, what? I don't care how old this thread is, I want to talk about soda, too.

My favorite soda right now is a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Rogers_cocktail]Homemade cherry coke.[/url] It is delicious. You can find cherry syrup and maraschino cherries at the grocery store—that's Step One.

Step two: add them to your cola. In any amount you desire! Sweet, and cola-y, and fruity, and bubbly, and [i]amazing[/i].

Plus, you can also put the cherry syrup on ice cream.[/font]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl']I prefer the Moutain Dew Live Wire and Voltage.[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Speaking of Mountain Dew products, has anyone tried the Pepsico [url=http://www.pepsithrowbackhub.com/]Throwbacks[/url] recently?[/font]

*checks around for Rach*

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cream soda FTW; Pepsi is nasty.................................................................................................................................................................

*flees*

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I drink Izze, that fruity carbonated drink that is tangy rather than sweet. Comes in a glass bottle or sometimes aluminum, pairs well with...burritos from Chipotle, and doesn't have any sugar in it at all.

I like the Blackberry flavor.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I drink Izze, that fruity carbonated drink that is tangy rather than sweet. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Izze is great! Every once in a while they're on sale at Target and I give in and buy a box.

I'm partial to the grapefruit flavor, myself.[/font]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I drink Izze, that fruity carbonated drink that is tangy rather than sweet. Comes in a glass bottle or sometimes aluminum, pairs well with...burritos from Chipotle, and doesn't have any sugar in it at all.

I like the Blackberry flavor.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

They sell those things in my school's vending machines, I think... I always thought they were just regular juice in tall-ish aluminum cans...

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Speaking of Mountain Dew products, has anyone tried the Pepsico [url=http://www.pepsithrowbackhub.com/]Throwbacks[/url] recently?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah. It tends to be good (I've only tried the Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper), but honestly I don't really notice a difference. I'd probably have to drink a throwback right after the original to tell what's up.

Side note: I was completely unaware that these products were not made with "real sugar" anymore.[/color]

[quote name='chibi-master']They sell those things in my school's vending machines, I think... I always thought they were just regular juice in tall-ish aluminum cans...[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Actually it's juice, just with carbonation too, so I recommend them unless you have a sweet tooth.

Although they've come out with this like... ...Birch... flavor. I have no idea what it's like. But I do like grapefruit flavor too Sara. But Pomegranate is just too sour.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Although they've come out with this like... ...Birch... flavor. I have no idea what it's like. But I do like grapefruit flavor too Sara. But Pomegranate is just too sour.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Ooh. That actually sounds like it could be good.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_beer]Birch beer (wikipedia link)[/url]

Also, to Nerdsy: Really? Yeah, everything is pretty much HFCS. There's been excitement for years around buying [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11fob-consumed-t.html]Mexican Coke[/url] that's made with real sugar.[/font]