OtakuBoards

Great Quotes

Lt.Zero

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are two of my favorite quotes.

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to nurture it in solitude and follow the talent to the dark places where it leads." ~Erica Jong

"The artist should be a seeing-eye dog for a myopic civilization" ~Jacob Getlar Smith

[QUOTE=Haibara]This is my favorite quote, and it is so true

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." ~ Mark Twain[/QUOTE]

Very true... Thanks for sharing it...

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]I have one quote that my father told me after I got married. It makes a lot of sense once I figured it out. It can be used towards my wife and towards everyone else in life as well.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black][b]Admire the forest you look upon, not the individual items that make it up.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]I have one quote that my father told me after I got married. It makes a lot of sense once I figured it out. It can be used towards my wife and towards everyone else in life as well.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black][b]Admire the forest you look upon, not the individual items that make it up.[/b][/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Wow, no one in my family could ever come up with something so meaningful to say like that. That is very good advise

One time my history teacher was really annoyed with a certain kid in the class and said to him near the end "I hope you're the last one out of the room. That way there'll be no witnesses." That gave us all a good laugh.

Oh, and my history teacher from the year before that got a kid who complained to him about 1 word in his answer making a difference. His response was "I will kill you." "What?!" "I will [I]not[/I] kill you. Now tell me, did that one word make a difference?"

The only meaningful quote I can think of is from a video game, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, when Goldoa's King Deghinsea said "Blood leads only to blood, and violence begets violence. Nothing more. Revenge is simply another name for murder."

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Hakuna Matata!" - Timon and Pumba from The Lion King! *^.^* [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/sbsp13668/sbsp13668%20GIFs/timonfunnyavi.gif[/IMG]

Here are some from Red vs. Blue:

[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: Are you cold? Are you hungry? Do you want a blanket? Do you want a hotdog? Do you want a hotdog in a blanket, Tucker?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: NO! I don't want a blanket! I don't want a hotdog! And if you put mustard in my f***ing sheets again, I'm gonna kill you![/COLOR]

[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: You know, I could've taken that alien out if I had just hit him a few more times.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: A few more times? How about one time?![/COLOR]
[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: Well, I think I landed atleast 1 or 2 shots.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: Yeah right.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DimGray]Tex: You didn't hit anything but the wall.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: How the hell would you know? You were running straight backwards![/COLOR]
[COLOR=DimGray]Tex: This is a long range weapon, okay? I need distance to use it effectively.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: Where were you planning on hitting him from, the f***ing moon?! If you'd have backed up any further you'd have to mail him the bullets![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: This is a joke, right? You're sending Caboose?! What's wrong with you?...![/COLOR]
[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: What's wrong with me? I saw a chance to get rid of Caboose and took it. There's nothing wrong with me![/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: Okay, so uhhmm... Tucker's the fighter... ahhh... Crunchbite is the healer... And I'm the powerful and intelligent wizard, Morphumax.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]Andy, The Bomb: And what the hell does that make me?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: You're the good looking and stealthy archer.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]Andy, The Bomb: A bow and arrow...? I don't have any arms, you freaking moron![/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: That is what makes you so stealthy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: So how are you doing, Caboose? Are you following any of this?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: I think so. That guy, Tex, is really a robot... and you're his boyfriend... So that makes you a gay robot.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: Yes, Caboose, I am a gay robot.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Church: There's no "I" in team, Grif.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Orange]Grif: Yeah, well there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team and you're not on the team, then nobosy's on the goddamn team! The team sucks![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: Look what I found[/COLOR]!
[COLOR=Magenta]Donut: I found it![/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Caboose: Look what I took credit for finding![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: Get Doc. I need Doc.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]Donut: I can't! He got posessed by that evil guy and they escaped! He's the one who shot you, don't you remember?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]Tucker: I know. I want him to shoot me again.[/COLOR][/FONT]

...I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.

...I had amnesia once -- or twice.

...I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart. Now what?

...Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.

...All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

...If the world was a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle.

...What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

...They told me I was gullible... and I believed them.

...Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.

...Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

...One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

...My weight is perfect for my height -- which varies.

...I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

...The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

...How can there be self-help "groups"?

...If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

...Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off.

...Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

"Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers."- anonymous i think....

"Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don?t get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain.
-Squall Leonhart(FFVIII)

"Did you think to kill me? There's no flesh or blood within this cloak to kill. There's only an idea. Ideas are bullet-proof."-V(V for vendetta)

"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
-Homer Simpson

awesome memorable quotes....i have a bunch but i wanted to share some of my faves.

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."--Elie Wiesel

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service."--Albert Einstein

"I'm here because I chose to be here! Destiny had nothing to do with it!"--Irvine Kinneas

Yeah.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]"Even piss in the river can flow into the ocean in a day."

"One does not simply raise the sword in order to protect the secrets of the past, but to protect the innocent people of the future."

"One person alone may be defeated, but when combined with others, they may take down armies."[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

ok here are some:

1.my favorite- music is love in search of a word

2.the joy that you give to others isthe joy that comes back to you

3.to the world you may only be one person,but to one person you may be the world(i really love that one too)

4.when you stumble make it part of the dance

5.carpe diem(if you dont understand pm me)

6.turn your fear into faith

7.whatever you are be a good one (i dont really agree with it because i can come up with some things that shouldnt apply)
did you know 7 was said by Abe linclon?i didnt i thought that was werid.

I have a few more good quotes.

"In order to live free and happy you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice." ~Richard Bach

"Not that you lied to me but that I no longer belive you-that is what has distressed me" ~Friedrich Nietzsche

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, Love is a war; Love is growing up"
~James Baldwin

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Gray]"Don't bring me down." - The Electric Light Orchestra. Seriously, don't.

"Human beings will be happier - not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That's my utopia." - Kurt Vonnegut

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?" - Kurt Vonnegut

"Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you." - Eric Idle

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." - Frank Zappa

"A long and wicked life followed by five minutes of perfect grace gets you into Heaven. An equally long life of decent living and good works followed by one outburst of taking the name of the Lord in vain - then have a heart attack at that moment and be damned for eternity. Is that the system?" - Robert A. Heinlein

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful - just stupid)." - Robert A. Heinlein

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives." - Robert A. Heinlein

And finally...

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive." - Robert A. Heinlein [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I like these two:

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent
if no birds sang except those that sang best.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This one was priceless.

[B]"Is there cow dick in my moustache?"[/B]

[COLOR=White][SIZE=1](The conversation was about how processed food involves eating animal dick, yadda yadda yadda, I had food in my moustache while eating what I was referring to as 'cow dick' and thus the line came up. this is the boring part, though.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

EDIT: Oh, and this one from my English teacher

"B**** you can't throw!!!"[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial][I]"The compulsion to know everything is the road to insanity.[indent]~E.E. Schattshneider[/indent][/I]

Well, dang. I'm screwed. :D [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Edit:[/B][/FONT]
[quote name='Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]"A long and wicked life followed by five minutes of [B][COLOR=DarkRed]perfect grace[/COLOR][/B] gets you into Heaven. An equally long life of [B][COLOR=DarkRed]decent living and good works[/COLOR][/B'] followed by one outburst of taking the name of the Lord in vain - then have a heart attack at that moment and be damned for eternity. Is that the system?" - Robert A. Heinlein[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yes, that's the system. Key words are highlighted. (Big difference....)[/FONT]

[COLOR=Magenta][CENTER]There is only one chain that only people can control and that is words.
Words are beasts.
Whatever you say can never be taken back.
You can't ignore them either.
Words are alive.
They have power over our role in lives.
Words are amazing.
However, words don't hurt only affect the people who say them.[/CENTER][/COLOR]
~~~~~
[COLOR=Purple]Sincerity and determination...
No matter what a person to wants to attmept, those are needed.
To accomplish something, the two necessay items are sincerity and action.
You can give up your present world.
You can throw out your comfortable life and chase a new way.
You understand the pain and weight of what you're giving up, and yet you are still willing.
This is what you live for.[/COLOR]
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you believe that your destiny is decided, then most likely it is decided.
If you believe that nothing is decided, then most likely nothing is decided.
The scope of what you can see.
The scope of what you can hear.
The scope of what you can feel.
The scope of what your fingers can touch and that's all.[/FONT][/COLOR]
````````
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]If there is something you want to quit
You should have a conversation with yourself and ask why you want to quit and why you need to quit.
No matter what your objective.
No matter who you are.
If you are going to do something or not do something, that is a promise to yourself
And the one who keeps the promise, or breaks the promise is you.
No one else can be burdened with holding you to a promise that's made to yourself.[/COLOR]

Guest Heero yuy
Famous last words...

"Your a penis..."

I think I told that to my biological father the last time I saw him...he is, he's not a good guy whatsoever...I should of called him a douche rather than a phallus. (I'm trying to get banned...)

[COLOR=Magenta]On a night like this, if you can't sleep don't cry alone.
Live the life you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

What I got out of my sad memories was like a cold, noble, jewel of a pain and I take pride in that.
I always wanted to cofide this with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Living in darkness isn't the only way to remain at this school.
Stop turning your back and aim for the light.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``[/COLOR]