OtakuBoards

Graphic Worm 2007

Retribution

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Hm, you guys are fast.
I'm outta my home state at the moment and won't be home until Monday morning.
Sooo, I'll probably have mine done by Tuesday at the least.
But if you guys can't wait, feel free to skip me and I'll call dibs on being the last after whoever.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Revelation][size=1][color=#8B008B]I know this is a bit late to say this but I just noticed that 2007DigitalBoy's colors don't match up with Ozy's image. I'm not savvy with artistic stuff so I might be wrong but...yeah. Just thought I'd point that out. Carry on.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ah, I can see that now. though Delta's is pretty far off, too. We may be hitting aproblem. Is ther some universal method to color matching we could learn of?[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]DB's blue is very slightly off from Ozy's blue, but I didn't even notice until Revelation mentioned it and I checked their RGB values. Ozy's is [color=#4040FF]#4040FF[/color] and DB's is [color=#4542F8]#4542F8[/color]. The orange matches up exactly.

Delta's black matches up with Jeremiah's perfectly though, with both being [color=#222222]#222222[/color].

To check color values, at least in Photoshop, I select the pencil or bucket tool or something and hold in Alt to change it to the dropper tool. Then I click on one image's color and look at the RGB values in the Color window (which also has tabs for Swatches and Styles). Then I repeat with the other image's color and watch to see if the values change.

From the Color window I can also do Copy Color as HTML to get the color's hexidecimal value, which I've been using here to show the colors in my posts.

In Paint Shop Pro the process is pretty much the same, it's just that the interface is somewhat different. The main thing to remember is to compare the RGB values, and make sure you're comparing the values of the compressed image and not the uncompressed .psd or .psp file.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Delta's black matches up with Jeremiah's perfectly though, with both being [color=#222222]#222222[/color'].[/color][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I know nothing of hexadomical color, but I know Delta's [i]looks[/i] significantly brighter

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/deltas.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]I know nothing of hexadomical color, but I know Delta's [i]looks[/i'] significantly brighter[/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]Okay, I figured this out. The solution: get Firefox. IE's support for png files is crap and it's screwing with the colors on some of the png segments. You can see this happening in the transition between cancer's and Ezekiel's segments as well, yet in Photoshop and Firefox the colors match up almost exactly.[/color]

Haha. I would have to agree with Desbresko on this one. png files show up much better on Firefox than IE for sure. That's one of the main reasons I switched a while back. =\

anyways. Here's mine. I've tested this already and there SHOULD NOT be a problem with matching colors.

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/obworm.png]WACHA![/url]

[color=indigo]
I can't believe I'm doing this to you guys, but can you skip me? I'll be able to join next round, but right now I can't do anything on my laptop, other than send emails, and that only happened recently. We had a lot of trouble setting up the internet on my laptop and now I can't do ****. I'm really sorry. I didn't know this would happen.
[/color]

*whew*
I was worried after Metal Paw dropped out, and I had to go after Jigglyness, that I would have to worry about matching colors correctly... But it seems to be fairly simple and I like the design... I'll just have to come up with something creative, and I'll try to have it up by Monday at the latest!

Thanks

[B]EDIT:[/B] Done... A bit later than my own deadline, but it's still Monday in part of the country :p

[URL=http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2854/wormprojectmp1.jpg]Lighten Up[/URL]

Darren, I'm not sure if it's only my computer, but when I put your image right beside my own, you colors seem a little darker than mine. Here's what it looks like on mine.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/sample.jpg[/img]

[quote name='jigglyness']Darren, I'm not sure if it's only my computer, but when I put your image right beside my own, you colors seem a little darker than mine. Here's what it looks like on mine. [/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I think it's the whole firefox/internet explorer thing or whatever. On my comp, your is way diffrerent from the one before it as well.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]As an independent viewer, I'd like to chip in that, when viewing the Worm as a whole, the only places I've seen obvious funk has been between entries #2 ([COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR]) and #3 ([COLOR=DarkRed]cancer[/COLOR]), top to bottom; and between entries #7 ([COLOR=DarkRed]Ozy. J.[/COLOR]) and #8 ([COLOR=DarkOrange]DigitalBoy[/COLOR]), from the border down the rest of the wainscoting.

I can't comment on the very last pair, since the latest entry hasn't been edited in yet (though if the colors are [I]that[/I] dark, they may very well be off), and if no one else sees what I've just mentioned then I'll chalk it up to my browser (Firefox), but right now I'd be of the mind to name the current hexadecimal hullabaloo a bit trivial. It all looks fantastic from where I'm sitting, and did so even before this issue started coming up. :D

You know, just so you artists can hear from an outside source.[/FONT]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Do the hex codes match up, or are they totally different? I get the feeling they're totally different. Actually, I'm not even sure how this is happening... if the two's hex codes are the same, there should be no variance.[/size][/quote]
Well I used the eyedropper tool like you guys said... And in fact, I've been saving each entry on my computer to match them up, and I've only seen 2 (I believe the same two that Allamorph pointed out) that didn't match up... When I created it on Photoshop, it turned out fine for me...

[IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7416/untitledwd9.jpg[/IMG]

See, it turns out fine when I upload it... Was there ever this problem with the old Graphic Worm??? Because if not, is it possible that it doens't have anything to do with internet browsers?

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]As an independent viewer, I'd like to chip in that, when viewing the Worm as a whole, the only places I've seen obvious funk has been between entries #2 ([COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR]) and #3 ([COLOR=DarkRed]cancer[/COLOR]), top to bottom; and between entries #7 ([COLOR=DarkRed]Ozy. J.[/COLOR]) and #8 ([COLOR=DarkOrange]DigitalBoy[/COLOR]), from the border down the rest of the wainscoting.

I can't comment on the very last pair, since the latest entry hasn't been edited in yet (though if the colors are [I]that[/I] dark, they may very well be off), and if no one else sees what I've just mentioned then I'll chalk it up to my browser (Firefox), but right now I'd be of the mind to name the current hexadecimal hullabaloo a bit trivial. It all looks fantastic from where I'm sitting, and did so even before this issue started coming up. :D

You know, just so you artists can hear from an outside source.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]for me, there's an error between mine and Ozy's, Jeremiah and Delta's, and Ninjah and Jigglyness'. I'm willing to chalk mine down to my own error since everyone seems to see that one, but the other 2?[/COLOR]

[size=1]Darren, you upload it as a rather low quality jpg, which messes up the quality a lot. Notice how there's blur and ugly grain and such over the picture. It isn't a big surprise that you can't seperate the colours now. I reccomend that everyone tries to use the exact same colour and then saves it as an as high quality as possible .png. It always works for me (I use PSP7 or PSP9 mostly). Not really an original advice, but that's the only advice there is to give, I think.[/size]

[quote name='Boo][size=1']Darren, you upload it as a rather low quality jpg, which messes up the quality a lot. Notice how there's blur and ugly grain and such over the picture. It isn't a big surprise that you can't seperate the colours now. I reccomend that everyone tries to use the exact same colour and then saves it as an as high quality as possible .png. It always works for me (I use PSP7 or PSP9 mostly). Not really an original advice, but that's the only advice there is to give, I think.[/size][/quote]

Well, I don't really see the blur you're talking about and you're wrong about how I saved it. I did save it as a jpg, but it was at maximum quality that PhotoshopCX would allow...

Just to make sure, @ Desbreko or Retribution, to you guys want me to change it or is this okay... I can try Boo's advice if it's a major problem, but I don't really want to go through all the work if it's not messing up on most people's computer...