OtakuBoards

Homosexuality: Discussion of

Inuyasha Fandom

[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I'd rather that nobody here got damned to Hell, even if it's for making an atheist read a Bible. But I agree, Christians have no place in the condemnation of anything. Christians are told in the Bible that the only humans permited to pass judgement on others are those given the duty by the law of the land. They (Christians) may not tell people that they are going to Hell, because they do not have the authority to decide who goes where. What they [I]may[/I] do, however, is tell homosexuals that they don't condole their actions and sexual preferances, abd then explain why. But they shouldn't condemn or discriminate against [B]anybody[/B], including homosexuals.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Regardless of whether or not they SHOULD judge, if a Christian or Christians do have law of the land, normally the laws of the land are Christian in nature. That is why Gay/Lesbian marriage isn't recognized in America, due to the fact that our current administration is ran by a religously-driven President and Cabinet.

However, America was founded on religious freedom, meaning that the government itself, while being "under God" as we are so often reminded, shouldn't be ran by the Christian God or under the laws of any God. We may be watched over by "God" but the Constitution says nothing about being "ruled by God" so really, the denial of homosexual marriage is unconstitutional.

So even if Christians are against homosexual rights for "their own good", they have no right to decide, as the Christian Bible says, and have no right to as the American Constitution states.[/color][/size]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]True, but the authors of the constitution were, human and Christian, and thus the the constitution became based on the morals and beliefs of said Christians, and were not unbiased, where in lies the fault. But people who have reconized this are, for the most part, doing what they can to justify this obvious lack of rights. Yes, the President and his cabnet are for the most part Christian, and so the progress for homosexual rights will be slow untill the U.S. has been delivered a liberal President. Every rights movement in history has me harsh resistance, and this one has been, and will be no different.

But yes, I agree that Christains have no right to judge others, by law and religion. But that rule is, unfortunatly, is one of those theoretical rules that has been, in genral, never followed.[/FONT]

Some of my friendsa and I have some ideas about the bible such as this:

Now most of us know in the middle ages the monks of the church re-wrote the bible seperating the old and the new testaments, now at the same time most monks preists etc. were in fact allowed to marry and have familys. But soon of course the cardinals and pope found this wrong and made most of them give up their lives and go celebate. A group of monks rose up and began having homosexual sex together and protesting the roman catholic church, now when they were re-writing it who's to say that the monks didn't put those passages in to make people in chrstendom believe that Homosexuality is wrong.

[quote name='Metalcore501']Some of my friendsa and I have some ideas about the bible such as this:

Now most of us know in the middle ages the monks of the church re-wrote the bible seperating the old and the new testaments, now at the same time most monks preists etc. were in fact allowed to marry and have familys. But soon of course the cardinals and pope found this wrong and made most of them give up their lives and go celebate. A group of monks rose up and began having homosexual sex together and protesting the roman catholic church, now when they were re-writing it who's to say that the monks didn't put those passages in to make people in chrstendom believe that Homosexuality is wrong.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

The Christian Bible was never 're-written', but the books which were included in it were selected during the days of Constantine, whom ordered the highest ranking priests of the day to have a meeting at the Council of Nicaea, where they would search through all the known Christian writings and select the one's that would be put into the Christian Bible canon. There were literally hundreds, if not thousands, of different religious books dealing with Christianity. It was at this Council were Arianism was banned and the current Trinity was also settled upon.

It is known, however, that the Catholic Church took the Book of Enoch (I believe it is) out of the Bible after it's inclusion in the Bible due to it's 'freakish' descriptions of angels.

I'm no longer a Christian, but I did do my best research before converting from it, haha. This is one of the reasons that I am no longer one, because I didn't like the idea of old-day priests deciding what they wanted me to believe, and for several other reasons.[/color][/size]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]It is known, however, that the Catholic Church took the Book of Enoch (I believe it is) out of the Bible after it's inclusion in the Bible due to it's 'freakish' descriptions of angels.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]More books than just Enoch were removed. These omitted books are referred to as the Gnostic Gospels. The Gospel of Mary, Thomas, Truth, Philip, and Judas aren't canon.[/size]

[quote name='Metalcore501']...now when they were re-writing it who's to say that the monks didn't put those passages in to make people in chrstendom believe that Homosexuality is wrong.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The monks never re-wrote anything to do with the Bible. All they did was "transfer", if you will, the aready existing, [I]unedited[/I] books of the Bible into a physical book, much like the one that sits in the pue in front of you at church. Besides, in one of the last verses of Revelation, it was writen: (paraphrased)"No one shall add or remove anything from this Book, or they shall be eternally condemned." Now, I probably made that sound a tad bit darker than nessissary, but that pretty much what it says. And the monks were all to..frightened of that verse, I think, to dare change anything.

But I paraphrased the verse because I don't have a Bible on hand. If you do, will you please post the actual verse for me. I think it's one of the last ones in Revelation.[/FONT]

[COLOR=maroon]Actually, there are quite a few people and religions that believe the texts are altered. 20% of the world's religious population, Muslims, believe that the Bible was originally a religious text, but has been altered to accommodate those who altered it. Also, there are a growing number of Christians themselves who believe that contradictions or any "problems" in the Bible stem from human alterations and not the modernization of times.[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=maroon]Actually, there are quite a few people and religions that believe the texts are altered. 20% of the world's religious population, Muslims, believe that the Bible was originally a religious text, but has been altered to accommodate those who altered it. Also, there are a growing number of Christians themselves who believe that contradictions or any "problems" in the Bible stem from human alterations and not the modernization of times.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Yes, but there is no [i]proof[/i] of these alledged altercations, other than the altercations themselves, which haven't been proven as altered. [/confusion] History has yet to show that there was any form of altering Biblical texs, other than the translations. And for the record, I'm not speaking as a Christian, but as one who has stutied many religions and arts of the "ocult". [/FONT]

[quote name='TehCryptKeeper'][color="lime"][b]I don't think I could properly pass on my thoughts in this thread, I'm fairly open about my sexuality I'm bisexual and my cousin's a lesbian, so all I'd end up saying is the usual "We have the right to be with who we love" argument.[/color][/b][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Well, use what works for you...[/FONT]

[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Yes, but there is no [i]proof[/i] of these alledged altercations, other than the altercations themselves, which haven't been proven as altered. [/confusion] History has yet to show that there was any form of altering Biblical texs, other than the translations. And for the record, I'm not speaking as a Christian, but as one who has stutied many religions and arts of the "ocult".[/FONT][/QUOTE][COLOR=maroon]It's reciprocal: it hasn't been proven that through thousands of years, poorly-kept, handwritten, and [b]transcribed[/b] iterations have flawlessly survived through time 100% intact to bring us unadulterated Bible goodness. I know even when I write a page today I make errors, and I'm fervent those errors multiply with novel-sized books, nevermind with trouble writing those texts.

So that's kind of a moot statement to make. Of course it's speculation, just like all [b]faith[/b]-based statements.[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=maroon]It's reciprocal: it hasn't been proven that through thousands of years, poorly-kept, handwritten, and [b]transcribed[/b] iterations have flawlessly survived through time 100% intact to bring us unadulterated Bible goodness. I know even when I write a page today I make errors, and I'm fervent those errors multiply with novel-sized books, nevermind with trouble writing those texts.

So that's kind of a moot statement to make. Of course it's speculation, just like all [b]faith[/b]-based statements.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]I don't disagree with the existance of stupidity in my previous statement. I do reconize the existance of the possibility of errors in the Bible when the Monks copied it down, and in fear of Catholic Hitmen, I won't even start on the probability of it. ^_~

It seem's to me that the ultimate point of this arguement is that one shouldn't assume or speculate anything. Christians shouldn't read into verses in the Bible, or take it's word's out of context. Neither should we assume the Bible is unaltered, or speculate at how far it's possible altercations go. That would solve anydifferences we have concerning the problem.

But it would be [i]wrong[/i] for us to anything but spectulate at possiblities. How else are we to learn truth. If we never speculated anything, we would still believe the Earth as flat and the center of the universe.

Returning to my first paragraph, keep in mind that monks are trained to try to perfect themselves and thier jobs. Can you imagine a monk proof-reading his peer's copying of a [b]"Holy[/b] Text", seeing an error, and just letting it slide. I can't...They wanted perfection, and got as close to it as possible. I reconize that there are most likely errors, but I think that their existance is few.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1] myself, I dont mind homosexual relationships, I belive that people should be with the ones that they love without any type of prejudice or reprecussions against them. what I dont understand is:

why do guys like to see two chicks making out (and no one cares about it)
and girls like to see two dudes making out (then everyone cares about it)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Twitch'][SIZE=1]why do guys like to see two chicks making out (and no one cares about it)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Speaking as a guy, I think it's the fact that there is something about the male brain which does not comprehend that lesbians are not interested in men, and that somehow those two chicks would be interested in having a male presence.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Speaking as a guy, I think it's the fact that there is something about the male brain which does not comprehend that lesbians are not interested in men, and that somehow those two chicks would be interested in having a male presence.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]And also speaking as a guy, I've never seen the attraction to watching two chicks making out, because to be blunt. I want a chick who will make out with me. XP So even though I have no problem with it, people being gay/lesbian, etc. I've just don't get it when a guy tries to get a lesbian interested in him. It's like an oxymoron in action and painful to watch.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And also speaking as a guy, I've never seen the attraction to watching two chicks making out, because to be blunt. I want a chick who will make out with me. XP So even though I have no problem with it, people being gay/lesbian, etc. I've just don't get it when a guy tries to get a lesbian interested in him. It's like an oxymoron in action and painful to watch.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I can't really speak for other guys I guess, but I know that I am one of those who sees lesbians and imagines they will have sex with me. In my imagination, though, I am also a girl and a lesbian, so it's perfectly reasonable. That's just me, though...

>_> yall can continue with your serious discussion now...[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I've just don't get it when a guy tries to get a lesbian interested in him. It's like an oxymoron in action and painful to watch.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You've got to be kidding Rach, you and I both know it has to be one of the funniest things you see in life, especially if the poor dope doesn't even realise the girl's a lesbian.[/SIZE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I can't really speak for other guys I guess, but I know that I am one of those who sees lesbians and imagines they will have sex with me. In my imagination, though, I am also a girl and a lesbian, so it's perfectly reasonable. That's just me, though...

>_> yall can continue with your serious discussion now...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]DB, you are officially one of the weirdest people I have ever known. God knows you bring a good dose of humour to Otaku[B]Boards[/B].[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin;785741][SIZE="1"]You've got to be kidding Rach, you and I both know it has to be one of the funniest things you see in life, especially if the poor dope doesn't even realise the girl's a lesbian.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I'm talking about the one who really thinks he can get the girl to like him enough to have a deep relationship. Those guys who think they can 'cure' them of their lesbianism are painful to watch. Not the one who hasn't figured it out. lol [QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I can't really speak for other guys I guess, but I know that I am one of those who sees lesbians and imagines they will have sex with me. In my imagination, though, I am also a girl and a lesbian, so it's perfectly reasonable. That's just me, though...

>_> yall can continue with your serious discussion now...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well that explains a lot. XP I agree with Gavin, you are beyond weird. lol But strangely entertaining at the same time. No wonder your rps are always wacky as well. :p Though I suppose that's why those are fun too, even when you're not a part of it. Heh.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I'm talking about the one who really thinks he can get the girl to like him enough to have a deep relationship. Those guys who think they can 'cure' them of their lesbianism are painful to watch. Not the one who hasn't figured it out. lol [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ah gotcha. I was thinking of the guys who think they've got a chance of getting in on a threesome. I've actually never come across a guy who wanted a deep relationship with a lesbian, any talk of cure is usually followed by a brag that it is their immense sexual prowess which will be the cause of said curing. High school is so much fun, I'd forgotten entirely.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]My ex-girlfriend's sister is bisexual. this pervert who says he's had sex before, haha, wanted to go out wiht her just because she was bi. Now doing that would just be exploiting her sexality, which I think is totally wrong.

Half the guys that have said they had sex are fibbing. My friend made out with tehsame guy and he didn't really want to make out with her, which is funny BTW, didn't even put his tongue in ehr mouth.. If he's had sex wtih a girl before before, I'm sure he'd want to make out with her seeing as he is supposdly 'striaght'. Plus the girl he dated is extremely beautiful in a lot of aspects, both mind and body.

He just wanted to flaunt her off, bastard.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I am a gay lesbian. That's all I really have to say about this.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Now does that counter the entire situation?

I believe that people have the term Patriotic world and they dont want it to change dramatically instantly. As for me, Im not certain if I dislike it or not. But I respect people's choices and if they are happy the way they are, then kudos for them.

Wow.. um.. yeah... :animeswea

Would I get in trouble if I said I am Bisexual? Alot of people are against it.. 0_0

I have always been OK with it, even before I came out. I think we should be allowed to love whoever we feel it's right to love. Gay marriage=totally needs to be legal.

And to anyone who says it's a choice..... it's not. I promise you I didn't choose to lose friends because they didn't want me to hit on them. Now coming out, THAT is a choice, but you could easily become miserable, even suicidal, if you live in denial. So it is so highly reccomended you do. Yes i know this from expirience. I almost killed myself I was so confused. It's NOT FUN.

[quote name='AkikotATu76']And to anyone who says it's a choice..... it's not.[/QUOTE][COLOR=maroon]I don't think anyone argues that is it a choice (although it hasn't been proven if it's psychological, environmental, or genetic, or a mix, but that's another argument altogether). At the same time, people should realize that things that are not your choice do not validate it. The world is unfair: people are born into poverty. Should we just let that be allowed because it's not a choice? Is that ok?

Just because something is out of your control doesn't give it an inherent value of right or wrong.

On the aside, I think bisexuals are awesome: they are the epitome of indiscrimination![/COLOR]

Its just that religious people are very against it *catholics and christians and so forth*.
People can be brought up to think its wrong. Sometimes people don't know any better.

My personal opinion is neutral. It doesnt phase me-
To me, everyone is homosexual, just to what extent xD

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=maroon]I don't think anyone argues that is it a choice (although it hasn't been proven if it's psychological, environmental, or genetic, or a mix, but that's another argument altogether). At the same time, people should realize that things that are not your choice do not validate it. The world is unfair: people are born into poverty. Should we just let that be allowed because it's not a choice? Is that ok?

Just because something is out of your control doesn't give it an inherent value of right or wrong.

On the aside, I think bisexuals are awesome: they are the epitome of indiscrimination![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I've herad it argued alot that it's a choice. I can't tell one of my grandparents because of a car ride we had one day where he was telling me that if I ever chose to be "a dyke" as he called it (I hate that word...), then he was going to cease communication with me. A lot of my family is completely against me (this is the family that my mom made the mistake of telling) and now they're all saying, "You've made a terrible choice for yourself being different is not cool!". It gets on my nerves, but hey, I've learned that I'm just going to have to get used to that. It's all part of the package. ^-^

And about the bisexuals are awesome.. thank you!! ^-^ *gives you a donut*