OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="Navy"]Lately I haven't been listening to much, some of my old stuff mostly. Recently I've been listening to Chevelle, adn a great song by Fiar to Midland called Orphan Anthem. And soon I'm going to buy The Bedlam in Goliath by The Mars Volta. And if anyone has seen the video of Naruto vs. Sasuke on Youtube, you've probably seen the AMV with the song Until I Die by Neurosonic. Now that is a good band.

And becuase I know Panache would freak, I heard some Polkadot Cadaver today on the TV, they were weird, but very good. Weird name though taking their genre into consideration.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="Navy"]
And becuase I know Panache would freak, I heard some Polkadot Cadaver today on the TV, they were weird, but very good. Weird name though taking their genre into consideration.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I don't think a genre has been invented for them. I mean on my ipod it says gospel/religious...and I'm pretty sure that's a joke. They have like disco metal core trash metal industrial stuff and things I can't start to explain in their music. but all I know is THEY ARE THE EFFING FUTURE!!!!!!

[QUOTE]And if anyone has seen the video of Naruto vs. Sasuke on Youtube[/QUOTE] Lol vague.

Anyway I am listening to the new fastest kid in 5th grade songs. I needed more of this.

[SIZE="4"][B]THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]This band was one of my favorites the first song I heard by them, called "The Art of Gravity"... It was like that of Brand New. Then, they started doing heavier stuff, and they do it right. :]

There's so much emotion packed into each song, with a mix of mellow bits, and then bursts into hardcore, with powerful vocals, amazing drumming, and catchy guitar licks. They're amazing... I can't describe them so well, because it's kind of hard... They have so many good things about their music, coming from many different genres..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]www.myspace.com/thisisyourcaptainspeaking1[/url]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-itmzuF6A"][U]Nightwish-Dark chest of wonders[/U][/URL] Something I blame completely on Allamorph. Especially since now I'm going to have to get the album Once that this is on. It's such a nice face paced and well done song, and I like the vocals. The main singer has a great voice.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="4"][B]THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]This band was one of my favorites the first song I heard by them, called "The Art of Gravity"... It was like that of Brand New. Then, they started doing heavier stuff, and they do it right. :]

There's so much emotion packed into each song, with a mix of mellow bits, and then bursts into hardcore, with powerful vocals, amazing drumming, and catchy guitar licks. They're amazing... I can't describe them so well, because it's kind of hard... They have so many good things about their music, coming from many different genres..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]www.myspace.com/thisisyourcaptainspeaking1[/url][/QUOTE]They are pretty decent. I likes.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]So I had to check out some of the bands mentioned on here.
Namely Polkadot Cadaver and This Is Your Captain Speaking.

And I love them both. :p

So you guys are pretty damn awesome.

Favourite songs by them:
This is Your Captain Speaking - Fear Fear Fear
Polkadot Cadaver - Wolf in Jesus Skin

Kudos on the awesome taste in music, folks.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];807701'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]So I had to check out some of the bands mentioned on here.
Namely Polkadot Cadaver and This Is Your Captain Speaking.

And I love them both. :p

So you guys are pretty damn awesome.

Favourite songs by them:
This is Your Captain Speaking - Fear Fear Fear
Polkadot Cadaver - Wolf in Jesus Skin

Kudos on the awesome taste in music, folks.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Glad you like them. Polkadot Cadaver is a sort of new Project and I haven't really heard anything like them ever.

[QUOTE]THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING.[/QUOTE]
I just remembered who these guys remind me of. Jesu!!! just with more screaming and slightly more complicated melodies.

I am listening to Fear Fear Fear by This is your captain speaking.

[quote name='indifference][COLOR="Indigo"']Something I blame completely on Allamorph. [/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I take full responsibility for that.

Appropriately, I am also listening to Nightwish. My interest in their second album, Oceanborn, just got rekindled, so I'm hitting that for a while.

After that, I plan on switching to Porcupine Tree.[/FONT]

[QUOTE]After that, I plan on switching to Porcupine Tree.[/QUOTE]
Porcupine tree is my favorite prog rock band ever(Well I like Tool more than them but I consider them more experimental than prog). All of their songs are amazing.

Right now I am listening to Deadwing by Porcupine Tree. I love the way they mesh hard riffs and soft melodies together to make this sort of surreal atmosphere.

[COLOR="Navy"][QUOTE=Allamorph]So I'm hitting that for a while.

After that, I plan on switching to Porcupine Tree.[/QUOTE]
Just decided to point that out for shits and giggles.

Anyways.... I'm istening to my favorite Prog-rock band, Fiar to Midland. Yeah I know Coheed is considered progressive rock, but I find them more of a Neo-classic/alternative rock band. I just wish I had Orphan Anthem 86', the best FTM song out there. (Unless I can buy their first two self-released albums from somewhere and find better songs.) FTM is able to bring agresive and soft music together. Case in point, Kyla Cries Cologne has rough and heavy guitar riffs, yet it has a soft and elagant backround music and the vocals ad to that sweetness.

And if you have ever seen [B]Darroh Sudderth[/B], you'd know hes uglier than Maynard James Keenan.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]And if you have ever seen Darroh Sudderth, you'd know hes uglier than Maynard James Keenan.[/QUOTE]
Technically speaking Maynard is a model now.
[URL="https://store.puscifer.com/frameset.html"]proof[/URL]

So although that guy may be ugly Maynard gets the pleasure of being an ugly model. Which in my opinion still makes his ugliness greater.

[COLOR="Navy"]I still think Darroh's ugliness transcends Maynard's >_>
[URL="http://www.kenphillipsgroup.com/Phillips/ftmmaincolors205115E1.jpg"]Click here for mondo-oversized band photo![/URL]
After looking at him, I'd consider adding Maynard to the list of artists in Cuntry Boner, which is a kick-*** song btw.

ANyways, enough oif this ugly contest, I am listening to my newest Tool obsession, 10,000 Days (Wings part 2) I never really payed much attention to this song, but after listeing to it for once, it is an epic and triumphant song.[/COLOR]

I am listening to Children of the Anachronistic dynasty at the moment. This was Maynard James Keenan's second known musical project that he was a part of.

In some ways I like it more than Tool. The music feels much darker and it almost puts you in another place. I also prefer this older vocal style. His voice just has a lot more passion in it.

[URL="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=64297335"]Here is a link to it's myspace[/URL]

It's unfortunate most of this music is incredibly difficult to obtain. I had 25 hours on my ipod but besides that I haven't got anything else.

[COLOR="Navy"]I just got home from the all new Super Wal*Mart in the near town. And their music selection is wider than the old Wal*Mar's. They have Norma Jean and As I Lay Dying in the new one, which comes as a surprise to me.

Well, I bought Chevelle's Vena Sera, FINALLY! And it's a great album, the best tracks are I Get It, Midnight to Midnight and The Fad. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it's a pretty good album.

[B]@ Panache: [/B]Maynard has an awesome voice. His vocals are part of the reason why I like Tool so much.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]They have Norma Jean and As I Lay Dying in the new one, which comes as a surprise to me.[/QUOTE]

I've seen As I Lay dying Albums at target. They are really mainstream. Like almost as much as killswitch if not more.

[B]Rocco DeLuca and the Burden [/B]
I love their sound. Their vocalist reminds me of the lead signer of blind melon. The drums are really nice too. The guitar and bass are decent but nothing spectacular.

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-itmzuF6A"][U]Nightwish-Dark chest of wonders[/U][/URL] Something I blame completely on Allamorph. Especially since now I'm going to have to get the album Once that this is on. It's such a nice face paced and well done song, and I like the vocals. The main singer has a great voice.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh you won't get any argument from me, the singer has a fantastic voice, and for a metal song, it is nicely done. :p And since we are on metal here, I do like this song by Kamelot [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-TUufvK0gU"][U]Ghost Opera[/U][/URL] Not my usual thing, but it [I]is[/I] a great song and I do like listening to it every once in a while.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Oh you won't get any argument from me, the singer has a fantastic voice[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
I knoooow! I'm still slightly mad that she got kicked out of the band. She's so much better than their new singer. I haven't listened to much of Nightwish's new stuff, but I got as far as the vocals in one of the new songs and had to turn it off. It's just not the same. :[

I'm listening to "Janet" by Kiss Kiss. They're really good, but I wish the album had more to it. It only has nine actual songs and three random sound byte tracks. I love how this band has an electric violin player; when I first heard "Machines" I thought they had a whole string section and imagined this incredible gypsy band, haha.

Now I'm listening to "Cats in Your House" by the same group. This is one of my favorites. I really want to put it to a Tom and Jerry montage, because some of the lyrics and general feel of the music reminds me of some classic cartoon "cat chases mouse" scene.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I knoooow! I'm still slightly mad that she got kicked out of the band. She's so much better than their new singer. I haven't listened to much of Nightwish's new stuff, but I got as far as the vocals in one of the new songs and had to turn it off. It's just not the same. :[[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well I have their Dark Passion Play album, with the new singer... >_> However I love the instrumental disk so I haven't really listened to the new singer enough to compare. I usually listen to the instrumental only. I should break out the main disk and listen to it just to check the new singer out. Heh.

While we are here on Nightwish though, take this song: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoSIuaczGN0&feature=related"][U]Nightwish-the phantom of the opera[/U] [/URL] Okay... am I the only one creeped out by how the guy matches the soprano... in pitch? O_O At about 2:00 in the song, I mean, that just freaks me out a bit to hear him doing that.

[quote name='Clurr][FONT="Arial"']I knoooow! I'm still slightly mad that she got kicked out of the band. She's so much better than their new singer. I haven't listened to much of Nightwish's new stuff, but I got as far as the vocals in one of the new songs and had to turn it off. It's just not the same. :[[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]No, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Clurr[/COLOR]. Don't even start. Yes, Tarja's vocal talents will be missed, but Anette brings something [I]different[/I] to the ensemble mix, so trying to say "[I]This[/I] one is better" in either direction is really shallow.

In my opinion, Tarja is much more suited to the long solo sections, because her voice is so beautifully operatic. As I told Indi, she does the creepiest succubus you've ever heard in White Night Fantasy. However, Anette's voice is very strong, and quite engaging to listen to, and I feel like the choral sections blend better with her voice.

If I had [I]my[/I] way, they'd both be in the band right now. (I should probably check out Tarja's solo album when it comes out, or if it already has.)

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Okay... am I the only one creeped out by how the guy matches the soprano... in pitch? O_O[/quote]

His voice is ridiculous. And he still has enough control when he sings [I]"Sing, my Angel of Music!"[/I] to put great vibrato on it even though it's like an octave higher than he's supposed to be able to sing.

(I hope he's not a Castrati. =P)

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh, and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rach[/COLOR]? Would you mind telling me how on earth you can bear to listen to The Poet and The Pendulum [I]without the vocalists?[/I]

It'd be like listening to Carmina Burana without the choir.[/FONT]

[quote name='The Black Order'][COLOR="Purple"]I'm currently listening to mostly metal but other types of genres, I also listen too. Now it's [B]Papercut[/B], [B]Somewhere I Belong[/B], [B]Breaking the Habit[/B], [B]Faint[/B], [B]What I've Done[/B], and [B]Place for My Head[/B] by Linkin Park.

[B]Thnk fr th mmrs[/B] by Fallout Boy.

[B]D-Techno Life[/B] by UverWorld - second opening theme to Bleach.

[B]Life is Like a Boat [/B]by Rei Fu - first ending theme to Bleach.

[B]Silly-Go-Round[/B] by FictionJunction & YUUKA - opening theme for Hack//Roots.

[B]Go! [/B]by FLOW - fourth opening theme for Naruto.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I love Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i listen to it everynight as i go to sleep.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]His voice is ridiculous. And he still has enough control when he sings [I]"Sing, my Angel of Music!"[/I] to put great vibrato on it even though it's like an octave higher than he's supposed to be able to sing.

(I hope he's not a Castrati. =P)

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh, and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rach[/COLOR]? Would you mind telling me how on earth you can bear to listen to The Poet and The Pendulum [I]without the vocalists?[/I]

It'd be like listening to Carmina Burana without the choir.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Yeah, that control freaks me out more than anything. XP

Because it sounds great. Seriously. You should try it. And knowing you, somewhere between 6-7 into the song you'd like the brass, if I remember correctly that is. I haven't listened to it in a little while. Tell you what, you listen to it without the singing and I'll give it a shot with. :p

In fact, I'll go put my disk in right now and do that, I might even listen to the rest of the album that way while I'm at it. [I]Maybe. [/I]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]My mouth dropped open, and I made an odd noise.

=P[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hehe. I remembered correctly then. But then I just listened to it with the vocals. Spots like between 8-9 with that signature metal singing is why I often skip the vocals in metal. I do not like that at all; it's like nails on a chalkboard. *shudder* However, songs like [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ&feature=related"][U]Nightwish - Amaranth[/U][/URL] are fine.

And now that I've listened to several of them with the vocals... I can't say that I prefer one singer over the other as both of them have their strong and weak points. I'm with you Allamorph, it would have been interesting if both of them were in the band together. That could have lead to some really powerful and interesting songs.

And now that I've listened to enough metal today to have my roommates giving me odd looks I'm going to switch back to something a lot quieter. XP My poor ears need a break. That and I'm in the mood for some Bach. :animesmil