OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"]I've been listening to the [B]Naruto Shippuden OST[/B] most of today, specifically [i]Experienced Many Battles[/i], track number four on the album. It's an utterly brilliant piece, classical in nature and very moving. If you're even vaguely a fan of classical music, I'd certainly suggest having a listen to it, which you can do so [url=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=W82usD0p4Js][b]here[/b][/url][/SIZE]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I just had EPIC lulz! It's not that bad Panahce. My friend in obsessed with Mudvayne, and we he heard/saw that I listened to them, he didn't start talking about them. And tell me, what do you like about Chevelle? What songs did you listen to?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

At this point I have heard Anti Saint, Send the Pain Below, An Evening With El Diablo, and Forfeit. My favorite thus far is Anti Saint. I just love how he sings the chorus. It's so damn patronizing.

What do I like about them? Well it's hard to explain. When I listen to them it's like a mix between how I feel when I listen to Tool and when I listen to Boy Hits Car.
It has the emotion like Tool but it's rhythms are more reminiscent of Boy Hits Car. And they don't seem as artistic as Tool. Lyrically at least. I will definitely check them out somore.

[FONT="Arial"]I've got a video of Nightwish performing "Dark Chest of Wonders" live with Anette. I'm trying, I really am, but it just makes me sad. She is an amazing singer of her own right, but if she had always been their singer I probably wouldn't have ever loved them as much as I did. Sfiehgtrnhnryjpynj!!

Well, anyway, off that subject for once.

[B]AFI; "Porphyria"[/B]
I really shouldn't have to explain myself. It starts with rising guitar chords, which drops out and Davey screams "I KNOW IT'S" before the whole band crashes in, "here we retreat, for where else can we go?" etc. etc. There's a video of them playing this and in that break right before the verse, both Hunter and Jade (bassist and guitarist) spin and jump and land in perfect sync, emphasizing the band's entrance. It's so cool. <3[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Take Johann Pachelbel, whose Canon in D (the bane of every cellist's existence) had been taken for its pleasant chord progression by numerous artists, such as Dennis Lambert and Brian Potter ("One Tin Soldier"), Vitamin C ("Graduation Song"), Aerosmith ("Cryin"), Blues Traveler ("Hook"), Green Day ("Basket Case"), and probably several others that I can't remember right off the top of my head.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I try to pretend that on some level, that the piece doesn't exist, I mean... the same two-bar bass line and harmonic sequence is repeated over and over... 28 times in total. (I think) It is pretty, but kind of annoying to actually play. And since I got off on it I'll subject the rest of you to it: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck&feature=related"][U]Canon in D[/U][/URL] And now I'll move to something else since honestly, even if it's pretty, it makes me want to fall asleep. >_>

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Panache if I were you I'd go looking for the songs Brainiac, I Get It, Well Enough Alone, The Clincher and Vitamin R (Leading us Along) They are really good tracks. Most of those songs are the singles, but they're pretty good. For a complete CD, I'd suggest buying [B]Vena Sera[/B], it has Anti-Saint on it as well as a bunch of other great songs like Humanoid.

Anyways, I'm recording songs onto my MP3's line-in-recorder. That makes it so I can download songs off of the computer without it being a hassle. Which means, All That Remains by 3, Orphan ANthem '86 by Fair to Midland and Metatron by TMV are now on my MP3. I'm happy and content beyond comprehendable human understanding! :animesmil[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oi Prem, you and your music >_>

Dude I dont' care what you say, FTM sucks balls. Your worse than those damned Narutards. Well at least you're listening to TMV, you're aren't completely hopeless. :animesigh

Anyways right now I'm listening to Metatron by TMV, which is one of the only good songs Prem knows :p It's freaking psychodelic >_<

And Panache dude, never let Prem get a hold of you with his music again. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oi, yeah, I forgot my password for my other account, so I have to look for it. Anyways, I'm just checking back on OB for a bit to see what Prem, Rach and Indiff was up to, as well as the rest of OB. And I can see Prem has changed his name... AGAIN! Dude honestly who the **** are you >_

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Kill All The White People?! I'd retaliate with "Kill all the non-white people" but that doesn't seem like such a good idea...

Okay, anywayzorz.
I only like one Fair to Midland song, and the rest honestly appall me. :]
Oh, righto. I got back into Madball. I still only really like one song, being Heaven and Hell.
And as usual, Elvis Costello. :D

Actually, I'm listening to what I always listen to. And I've spent more than enough time replying to this thread, so away with me!
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]Ace dude, the guy in your avatar that is hitting his head on that computer matches the beat of The Clincher by Chevelle, sweetness.

And if you're wondering why i'm not saying anything to DB, I already gave him a talking to on AIM.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Tical Blue'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oi Prem, you and your music >_>

Dude I dont' care what you say, FTM sucks balls. Your worse than those damned Narutards. Well at least you're listening to TMV, you're aren't completely hopeless. :animesigh[/COLOR][/QUOTE]You're been gone DB, so I'm going to be nice and give you one warning since obviously you did not bother to read the previous pages from when you were gone. I'll make it easy for you:[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Seems no one is listening to you Clurr... *sigh*

I'm going to put it simply, now that I've gone and edited and removed posts that were nothing more than an argument over genre and your music sucks, I'm going to remind everyone yet again. BEHAVE! The next offender gets a week vacation from OB via a temp ban. No arguments. You got warned when the metal thread was closed, you got warned earlier by myself and now by Clurr. [B]No more warnings. [/B]

Grow up and stop with this[I] I'm right - you're wrong[/I] nonsense. It's not that hard to respond to the thread with [I]what you are listening to[/I] without the other stuff tacked into your posts. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]It's simple, insult others over their choice of music and I'll temp ban your butt, understand? Post what you are listening to and leave the other immature crap out of it. This thread has been sane for the past eight pages or so and it's going to stay that way. And I don't want to hear any excuses from you either. Of all members, you know better than to post that kind of nonsense.[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]And if you're wondering why i'm not saying anything to DB, I already gave him a talking to on AIM.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Thank you Prem, that's where that kind of stuff belongs in the first place.[/COLOR]

Good lord DB, if not for Crystia, I swear dude, I'd hang you up by your toes.

But putting that aside, the real reason I'm here is that I'm currently listening to this piece here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU96Yvk310s"][U]Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture[/U][/URL] It starts out a little slow, but then it gets going and is very lively and fun to listen to.

[quote name='Aberinkula'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I just had EPIC lulz! It's not that bad Panahce. My friend in obsessed with Mudvayne, and we he heard/saw that I listened to them, he didn't start talking about them. And tell me, what do you like about Chevelle? What songs did you listen to?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Don't say EPIC.

And. I was in a Barne's and Nobles listening to music... Drinking some coffee... I listened to FTM... They kind of... didn't reel me in. They're too mellow for me... or something.

Chevelle is what my friend Oran calls his "easy listening" band. They're good, I won't bring them down, but. I just don't listen to much of the hard rock stuff anymore. No Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, or Mudvayne for me.

I'm listening to The Jonbenet. This band is crazy. Amazing. Hardcore, with the energy of bands like The Blood Brothers and The Number 12 Looks Like You without dual vox, or the math that #12 has to offer. Their bassist is excellent. Their drummer is good (he's not the best, but he plays well and has a few tricks up his sleeve.). The vocals are absolutely awesome, though I bet most of you won't like them. And the guitarists are awesome, and come up with some good hardcore riffs, into mellow, strange, and noisy stuff.

"Behold the White Whore", and "Eating Lightning pt. 1" are my favorite songs by them.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE]And Panache dude, never let Prem get a hold of you with his music again. [/QUOTE] Well he looked lonely talking about it by himself. And pretty much everyone else was listening to Nightwish...which I already expressed my opinion on. And Face hasn't been around...

But anyway you probably wouldn't like them(Chevelle I mean). Oh **** what was I suppose to talk about again? Music I'm listening to?

I have been listening to Acid Bath again. Their lyrics are so incredibly good. Also they make some awesome lines from A Clockwork Orange sound even more awesome(any fan of that movie should listen to Cassie Eats Cockroaches by the way). To bad this band no longer exists...

[quote name='Panache']Well he looked lonely talking about it by himself. And pretty much everyone else was listening to Nightwish...which I already expressed my opinion on. And Face hasn't been around...[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Hey, at least we got you off on Tchaikowsky. =P

Nothing, right now. Don't have the frilling time. :([/FONT]

Right now, I've got Malice Mizer's Voyage album playing. I forgot how awesome these guys are (I haven't listed to it in AGES). I love how dark the music feels, and the violins are great (although I've only gotten through the first song so far).

[quote name='Panache']I will stab you...

Go back a page or two...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Is that a threat? Don't worry though. Nightwish has plenty of hot girl voicing to cool that temper off. :]

I like the new singer better. The band is okay. The guy on keys is pretty good. The classical instrumentation is good. The "metal" stuff... just doesn't seem right to me. It's not "metal" enough for me. Metalcore is heavier than this stuff... It's guitar riffs similiar to that of Children of Bodom. A girl singing and an average double bass drummer. But that girl does have a voice. :]

Haha. I'm currently listening to Lordi. Not much to say for it.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well thanks to Des... I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HXHTHgNfnw"][U]Gruberova - Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen[/U][/URL] "Hell's vengeance boils in my heart" which is the second aria sung by the Queen of the Night in Mozart's opera The Magic Flute (Die Zauberflöte). I kind of had to after being subjected to that horrible Hatsune Miku version. Just to get that sound of the other one out of my mind. XP If you like opera at all, it's a beautiful piece.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I was takin a quick stroll around the rock band land...and found some gems of mine that I loved when I was younger. Namely "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue and "Take my Pain Away" by Jimmy Eat World. Crue is just awesome, great music to play after a long day at the office or school or what have you. Jimmy Eat World is hit and miss for me, but "Takes my Pain Away" is another good song to play when you wanna get out some negative energies. [/FONT]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I like the new singer better. The band is okay. The guy on keys is pretty good. The classical instrumentation is good. The "metal" stuff... just doesn't seem right to me. It's not "metal" enough for me. Metalcore is heavier than this stuff... It's guitar riffs similiar to that of Children of Bodom. A girl singing and an average double bass drummer. But that girl does have a voice. :][/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Perhaps also, you're hearing "average" in the way they write their music. I doubt every piece is written to give the set player a workout; why write in sixteenth-note triplets if eighth-notes fit the style?

And yes, they are most certainly not as heavy as metalcore. 'Ts why they call it "metal opera" or "symphonic metal". Trying Dead Gardens or Romanticide by them should give you a harder feel, I think....and even then, the guitars know to submit to the vocalist, and they also make sure you can hear the chords they're using.

MOAR QUEEN!!! :p[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]Crystia, he's just kidding around you know? It was just brotherly love. By a talking to on AIM, I was referring to me and him just laughing about it. So he was just pulling my chain, no need to worry. Besides if he wanted to tell me my music sucks, he'd do it on AIM, not like he hasn't already.

BTW Whoa, Mann, The NUmber 12 Looks Like You= the sweetness. Anyways right now I'm listening to Famous Last words by My Chemical Romance, it's from when I bummed some music off of Projctplyalist. Anyways, I like MCR, nothing big but Famous Last Words is an excellent song.

Plus, Metatron... freaking psychodelic![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]Crystia, he's just kidding around you know? It was just brotherly love. By a talking to on AIM, I was referring to me and him just laughing about it. So he was just pulling my chain, no need to worry. Besides if he wanted to tell me my music sucks, he'd do it on AIM, not like he hasn't already.![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]And I still maintain that that kind of joking stays in AIM, Don't forget that for a lot of new members that looks like tasteless bashing of another member. It looks like immature bashing to established members... My stance is the same. I expect that kind of crap to stay in AIM, not out in the thread. Remember Prem, you're not the one who gets to field the complaints over tasteless comments like that. I am. And DB [I]knows [/I]better. So keep the chain pulling of that nature where it belongs, out of the thread.

And since I'm here again, I'm back on Nightwish again since my play list is on random. I'm currently listening to [B]Dark Chest of Wonders[/B]. It seems like no matter how many times I listen to it, I still love it.[/COLOR]