OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Wait since when is Nightwish metal? I thought they were like heavily classical influenced prog? They don't sound like any metal band I've heard.

Oh and I am grundging out to Nirvana and Temple of the Dog. I don't give a **** what anyone says Nirvana kicks ****ing ***. Er kicked ****ing *** til Cobain had to be a bastard and kill himself.

[size=1][font=book antiquia][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Nothing you can say will stop me going home! Enough MCR, even though I'm lsitening to them... but anyways earlier I practiced my metal scream to Chapter IV by Avenged Sevenfold. It was when they were metalcore, which in my oponion, they should go back to. Chapter IV is the second bes song on the album, after I Won't See you Tonight Part 1. And it's why i like metalcore more now, cause I've listened to it so long.[/COLOR][/font][/size]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][size=1][font=book antiquia][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Nothing you can say will stop me going home! Enough MCR, even though I'm lsitening to them... but anyways earlier I practiced my metal scream to Chapter IV by Avenged Sevenfold. It was when they were metalcore, which in my oponion, they should go back to. Chapter IV is the second bes song on the album, after I Won't See you Tonight Part 1. And it's why i like metalcore more now, cause I've listened to it so long.[/COLOR][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
In my opinion they should do what they did in City of Evil. That was when they were in their prime. I mean as a metal core band they were pretty mediocre. Sure a few songs sounded good but when you compare it to other metal core I don't think it compares(listen to machinemade god then them).

Oh and I am listening to Motley Crue at the moment. Best hair metal band EVER.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I have a few other bands that I would put above Crue, namely Bon Jovi and Van Halen. But that's not sneezing at Crue in the least bit. They were truly a band to be admired for their fast, fist pumping style.

As far as A7X goes, I would definitely recommend listening to Chapter Four, if you have only listened to their albums that got commercial airplay (City of Evil and the self titled Album). It's one of their better songs and while most people would say that A7X needs to return to their "roots", I think that coming up with new and different stuff every now and then is better than having three or four albums that sounded exactly the same. I like to reference 3 Doors Down in this case. All three of their Albums sounded a lot alike and the last one's sales plummeted because of this reason, in my opinion. With A7X, they've shown that they can sell albums and still work on putting new sounds into their albums. It's not like they completely sold out or anything, you can still hear the trademark A7X sound in all of their songs. Syn's solo in "Afterlife" off the latest album is particularly disgusting (the good kind of disgusting)

Ah! Now playing...[I]Pardon Me [/I]by [B]Incubus[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]Crystia, he's just kidding around you know? It was just brotherly love. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Ye Gods! Keep that kind of brotherly love to yourself then! *shudder* That was an image in my mind from that member's post that I did not need thank you very much. :animesigh

Anyway, right now I'm listening to this! Sir Allamorph linked to it in his response to [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58857"][U]the Cinquain poem[/U][/URL] game thread: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpZb3XPrXw"][U]Candy Dulfer - Pick Up the Pieces[/U][/URL] It's a fun and lively piece. And yes, I shamelessly promoted the thread I started on poems. >_> So go and post in it too! Hehe. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I got a nifty little signature list for particular songs, but for the artists...

Rage Against the Machine
Hello Tomorrow
Weezer
Wu-Tang Clan
MC Lars
Hieroglyphics
All That Remains
Del The Funky Homosapien
Jay-Z
Justice
Daft Punk
David Banner
[/color][/size]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]I'm sorry if this seems rude Sabrina, but I feel a bit offended. I'm sorry if I should feel guilty instead. :animedepr

Right now I'm listening to Orphan Anthem '86 by Fair to Midland. It's a beautiful, and very compelling piece of music. The piano, guitars, drums and the vocals are quite amazing, as well as haunting. It's my favorite song by FTM because FTM's normal mixture of hard and soft is at it's prime. The guitars are distorted, yet the piano in the backround seems elegant and adds the beauty to the song. Toward the end of the song, the lead singer Darroh Sudderth (who has an awesome name, btw) screams in the backround, which makes the song fill with a bit of rage.

[I]Anyways, the lyrics are also very good and they seem to have some meaning behind them. I.E. "Tell them all to chalk me out with oval arms and hopscotch eyelids. On marble covered mountains you're my cargo. We're gone, but not better. It's not long, but it matters. Your suit and tie are much to tight in farmersville[/I]" Which I think, are well written.

But what makes the song haunting, is how all of the elements combine. And at the very end the vocals start to fade and we are left with a very odd piano outro. The last two lines of lyrics. "You're the brimstone" and "You're my cargo" echo at the end, with some other string instrument in the backround (I am forced to say violin, or cello) end it with a soft and very odd last few seconds.

Yeah, I love this song a lot, ad it really means a lot to me for some reason. And I admit it sort of makes me want to cry. :animeswea so yeah, this song is very strong imo, I dont' know what others would think though.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]I'm sorry if this seems rude Sabrina, but I feel a bit offended. I'm sorry if I should feel guilty instead. :animedepr[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Fair enough, keep in mind, I was [I]offended[/I] by the vulgar choice of words your friend used. I'm not saying you shouldn't have those fun moments between you and your friends, only that you shouldn't expect others to even get the joke or laugh at it. Understand?

Besides, how the hell was I even suppose to know the two of you were joking? And why the hell should I have to put up with that when you can keep that to AIM like Crystia mentioned? I'm not going to sit back and say, oh so it was a joke and pretend it's okay... I still don't want to hear it.

And since I'm in here again... I'm now listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jFSQp-Kw8"][U]Chicago - You're the inspiration[/U][/URL] I love Peter Cetera's voice. I really enjoy hearing him sing. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Sorry to have offended you but really, I sort of find some parts of your last post offending as well.

Anyways, I'm listening to 10,000 Days by Tool. It's helping me get inspiration for my upcoming story 2572. I'm on chapter 10 an dI should ahve it up on OB soon, it's my alst story, so I've decided to actually finish it. But I need all the inspiration I can get, and my music is what's helping me.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Fair enough, keep in mind, I was [I]offended[/I] by the vulgar choice of words your friend used. I'm not saying you shouldn't have those fun moments between you and your friends, only that you shouldn't expect others to even get the joke or laugh at it. Understand? [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Don't mind DB too much. Making you feel uncomfortable in at least 17 different ways is just his way of saying "hello."

Anyway, I'm kind of looking around for new music currently. I might just start listening to Weird Al again. I haven't in a while. Queen is good, too.

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] Tulips [Club Version]
[B] Artist:[/B] Minotaur Shock
[B] Album:[/B] Silent Alarm: The Remixes[/CENTER]

it's the track that plays after the freakishly long silence from [B][U] Nick Zinner[/B][/U]'s cover of [B][U] Compliments[/B][/U] and I think it's better than the orignal, which I heard live when they played Vegas last summer and I think the electronic version has alot more emotion than the orignal, that said... this a good song to have a breakdown to. [srsly]

Ashleigh, my girlfriend, just passed away, and this song is practically all I should have said before she went home with God.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aceburner']Don't mind DB too much. Making you feel uncomfortable in at least 17 different ways is just his way of saying "hello."[/QUOTE]Hehe. No worries. Prem and I worked it out via pm and DB as you call him IM'd me on AIM so that's all sorted out. :catgirl:

Right now I'm waking up since I have a test in a little bit. >_> There should be a law against early exams, seriously! So, to wake up I'm listening to this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGhzrTayu3I"][U]Peter Cetera big mistake[/U][/URL] Just ignore the weird little bit in the beginning since it's not part of the song. Oh do I love his voice! I wish he would tour again... I would [I]so[/I] go to one of his concerts. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Three words. Scream, Aim, Fire. I bummed it off of Projectplaylist, and I also obtained, Until I Die and So Many People by Neurosonic, as well as Becoming the Bull by Atreyu and Interiatic ESP by The Mars Volta.

Good songs![/COLOR]

"Sanjou no yume" by Sasaki Yuuko (the opening theme song to the thrid: the girl with the blue eye). Only seen episode one of the anime, but i do love this song- it has sort of a mystic feeling to it ^^.
"Numb" by linkin park is one of my favorite songs. alwlays stuck in my head!! >_<.

Lulz @ getting offended on the internet.

Anyway I went to sleep in the car and woke up to something Called Track number 7 by Dystopia. Beats me to what the hell it is but it was on my ipod and it wasn't half bad. I may investigate further.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to My December by Linkin Park. The song isn't on any CD's so don't expect to find it easy, I got it off ProjectPlaylist. Anyways, it's not a common LP song, but it's different than a lot of them too. It's sad and Chester and what's his name are singing very softly in this song.

It's depressing and there's a bunch of weird sounds in the backround. But if you love LP, do yourself a favor and find My December on the net and listen to it[/COLOR]![/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Right now I'm listening to My December by Linkin Park. The song isn't on any CD's so don't expect to find it easy, I got it off ProjectPlaylist. Anyways, it's not a common LP song, but it's different than a lot of them too. It's sad and Chester and what's his name are singing very softly in this song.[/QUOTE]I got that song from a friend who got it from a p2p program. Apparently it isn't to hard to find that way. But I suppose it would be difficult to get a legit copy of the song.

Anyway this is one of the few soft LP songs that I enjoy. To be blunt most of the soft songs have awful vocals...It sounds like a mallcore band trying to sing R&B. Strangely the vocals in that song actually sound decent.

Anyway as of now I am listening to the Red hot Chili Peppers Californication album.
This album is really great. I like their lead singers voice a lot more then than I do now. Also I think fleas bass work was a lot better.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Becoming the Bull is utter crap. (Not dissing anyone in this thread) It's probably the most disappointing piece of music I've heard in a while.... Atreyu's new CD isn't worth ten dollars. I recommend the greatest hits album though. Good buy.

So. I listened to bits of that before shutting it off.

Now I'm listening to The Ocean- "Neoarchean". This is one of the best progressive pieces I've heard in a while. And. It's metal. Oo La La. Si'?

Also listening to Nightwish. Why not? Everyone else is, obviously. The Synth guy is really cool. The drummer couldn't drum to save his life. I believe I've now heard every metalcore double bass drumbeat there ever was. They're all the same. sigh. The guitarists sound like they're playing something off...

Wait!

Is this band Children of Bodom with a girl singer?

Tarja's vocals are pretty good, though. She's definitely not a Amy Lee remake. The dude's vocals don't stand out so much though.

If only this band added in more odd time signatures.

The pretty parts are well put together. The heavy parts get on my nerves. The Classical/ Synth parts are exactly what I want.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Matt']You guys should check the soundtrack out. It was released for free. [URL="http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7587&hl="][U]Here[/U][/URL] you go.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][I]Gracías[/I], my friend. I am now very happy.

For those who don't really want to follow the link without further information, it's the Universe At War: Earth Assault OST. Comes with three albums on the download, and it is what I'm listening to right now.

....though, I should probably be heading to jazz band now also. >_>[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][center][B]Now:[/B] She's Hearing Voices[/center][/SIZE]
[center][SIZE=1][B]Artist:[/B] Erol Alkan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][B]Album:[/B] Silent Alarm: The Remixes[/SIZE][/center]

[SIZE=1]I dont know why, but the super extended version [08mins24secs] of this song which is vocally sparse, just gives me this urge to break out the glowsticks and rave, I think Erol's rework of this song, did the remix album some justice, by taking a frantically paced track and turning it into a chilled out dance track. dont get me wrong, but some of the mixes were kinda spotty, Whitey's retake on Helicopter for example. the only thing I miss is russel's wickedly awesome guitar solo, but the drum solo at the end makes up for it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] WHERE THE HELL DID MY SIGNATURE GO?! >=[[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana][B]Edit:[/B] Hehe, April Fools! It's still there - check your profile. You can thank Desbreko for the current display of everyones' avatars and signatures in the threads though.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff]- Petie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]And a wonderful job Des did, indeed. Next year, pull out the cake song from Lazy Town.

"It's a piece of cake to make a pretty cake, if the way is hazy...." Lol

Now Playing....[B]Chapter IV by Avenged Sevenfold[/B] . If you're religious, you'll get the title of the song, being it's from Genesis, Chapter 4...which would be the story of Cain and Abel. That'll make the song make a lil more sense for you, but either way, it's a great song. I'd venture to put it above other A7X stuff, and possibly higher than Bat Country or Beast and the Harlot.
[/FONT]

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack for the musical 'Wicked'. ''Dear Old Shiz'' is playing right now. It's actually one of my least favorite songs on the soundtrack, but I don't bother to skip songs on soundtracks (especially not for musicals).