OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][CENTER][B]Song: [/B]Clear The Area
[B]Artist: [/B]Imogen Heap[/CENTER]

Imogen Heap is one of those artist who couldn't fit into any normal musical classification, which is probably why I like her. I was introduced to Imogen Heap by my best friend, and I've been hooked ever since. It still reminds me of her, too.:animeswea[/FONT]

Song: Hearts Burst Into fire.
Artist: Bullet For My Valentine.

I bought their newest album last week, and have been listening to it non stop. Although they've not done anything that I've not heard before, I still like them. I got into them since hearing some songs off their first album.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I prefer Hand of Blood over Hearts Burst Into Fire, but BFMV is a good band. Those guys are huge people IRL though. Like super buff.

Right now I'm listening to "Hitchin a Ride" by Green Day. Fun, little bumpy song. :D[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]The Dear and Departed.

This band opened for AFI when I went to see them last year, so at the time I really couldn't get into them (out of sheer excitement and unbearable anticipation). Now, though, I'm really liking what I'm hearing. I need to get their album!

They covered "Under the Milky Way," which is pretty much my most favorite song of all time. It's sweet.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm listening to this: [URL="http://www.lunarmusic.net/"][U][B]Lunar: Wall of Sound[/B][/U][/URL] I blame [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] since she recommended it over at her theOtaku World page... though since Sir Allamorph recommended it to her, does that mean he gets the blame? o_O

Anyway as the site says it's an eclectic blend of electronica, rock, dance, ambient, drum 'n' bass and classical in an instrumental format. I'm finding that I like it a lot. What makes it best is it's a free download if you wish to have it. :catgirl:

Right now my favorite track is - ironically - [B]Wall of Sound[/B] - But what's fun is how the track before it [B]Synthonic[/B] and the one after it [B]Chaos Light[/B] really fit well with it, so it's almost more like the three are one track with three movements. Hehe.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina][FONT="Tahoma"']... though since Sir Allamorph recommended it to her, does that mean he gets the blame? o_O[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I strike again.

:smirk:

Between the two albums, my hands-down favorite chart is Floodlights, from their first album, Hybrid Awaken. Wall Of Sound is a much more cohesive album; I think Lunar was experimenting around with their first one, and kinda settled down for WOS, which makes it the better of the two.

Incidentally, Cryptic Light (also on HA) was the inspiration for [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=778560&postcount=90"][COLOR="Blue"]this[/COLOR][/URL] post, way back when. If you listen while reading, it makes more sense.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph;810204][FONT=Arial]Between the two albums, my hands-down favorite chart is Floodlights, from their first album, Hybrid Awaken. Wall Of Sound is a much more cohesive album; I think Lunar was experimenting around with their first one, and kinda settled down for WOS, which makes it the better of the two.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I agree, the second album is the best in my opinion and since it's been brought up, I'm listening to [B]The Unknown (TWH Remix)[/B] I rather like this one and how the one before it [B]Interlude[/B] just flows right into it as if they were meant to go together. [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Incidentally, Cryptic Light (also on HA) was the inspiration for [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=778560&postcount=90"][COLOR="Blue"]this[/COLOR][/URL'] post, way back when. If you listen while reading, it makes more sense.[/FONT][/quote]Interesting, I'll have to pull that song up and re-read that post later when I have time. :p Just to see what you are talking about.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"]Disturbed's new single.

"Inside The Fire."

I attach the very adorable artwork to give you an idea, and you can find a rather high quality sound version in youtube. I find the sinister laughter to be coquettishly charming.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT= "Franklin Gothic Medium"]I got hooked on JRock over the weekend thanks to the second OP of Death Note. So I downloaded a lot of JRock Bands.

Bands to Check Out

[B]MUCC[/B]- J Metal
[B]Maximum the Horomone[/B]- Does Death note 2nd Opening and closing theme.
[B]The Pillows[/B]- Not just because of FLCL. Check out "Thank you, My Twilight" or "Happy Biouvac" Easily their best albums.
[B]D'Esparay[/B] (SP?)- J Rock, but kinda more flowery than some other bands...but a good listen for a change of pace. Saw them when they were here with A7X and Bullet for My Valentine.

But now playing.... "What's up People?!!" by [B]Maximum the Horomone[/B]. [/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"]Disturbed's new single.

"Inside The Fire."

I attach the very adorable artwork to give you an idea, and you can find a rather high quality sound version in youtube. I find the sinister laughter to be coquettishly charming.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ohh I haven't heard about this. Thanks for the heads up.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I try to keep away from Disturbed, Godsmack, Nickelback. Etc. All of that is the only stuff people listen to around here besides rap. I've heard their stuff enough to puke it out of my brains. But I will say that the singer from Disturbed has a great voice. Maybe not a very changing voice (his voice sounds the same... in every song.) but it's powerful.

Right now I'm listening to Giles- "Slumber Party".... This weird techno stuff isn't allowing me to turn it off. The video I'm watching of it... is so entertaining.

I just got through listening to Between the Buried and Me- "Mordecai". I was very surprised. They're basically From A Second Story Window with faster grind parts... and... what's this? I had to make sure I was still listening to the same band because the end is so melodic... But I like it. This band is pretty good.

Also listening to Comeback Kid. A hardcore classic, indeed. After five years... I still havn't bought a CD from them. Maybe I should try it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Since Lunar got mentioned, I hunted up my folder with the download for it. I rather like the Wall of Sound album and right now I'm listening to [B]Synthonic[/B]. Though for this one I pretty much like all the songs in it.:catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Been listening to a rather eclectic mix of songs by an artist who takes composition requests. Check him out [URL="http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/"][COLOR="Blue"]here[/COLOR][/URL].

One in particular came to mind, that Prem would love, done in the style of The Mars Volta: [URL="http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-the-mars-volta-and-i-am-space-ghost/"][COLOR="Blue"]listen[/COLOR][/URL].[/FONT]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]The Moldy Peaches:[/b] a quaint little anti-folk band/duo(?) who sing old-styled folk-blues types of songs with self-parodying and goofball lyrics such as "Who's got the crack?" and "...A, B, Select Start. Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we ain't smart." Fun stuff, they were featured heavily in the "Juno" soundtrack, but it was a recent crush who turned me onto them.

[b]Killa Army:[/b] a sub-set group of Wu-Tang Killa Bees (basically related artists or label mates) who take the Wu-Tang rawness and kung-fu style and add an extra layer of lyrical complexity and flow to the normally harsh Wu-Tang Clan style. I like them ALOT. Particularly the songs like "5 Stages of Conciousness" and "Wu Renegades".

[b]Maximum The Hormone[/b]: as Korey said, they did the Death Note second season opening and closing titles, though I listen to some of their other stuff. I enjoy their hard-rock/hardcore approach, which blends near-metalcore style with hard rock.

[b]Dir En Grey[/b]: I'm a little late to the party, I know. I'm just sorta giving them a listen lately, downloaded a few of their songs and seeing what I dig. So far they are pretty interesting. I like them better than Manson, if that says anything. Though I hate Manson.

[b]FLOW[/b]: Did a handful of anime theme songs, including my second favorite next to FLCL "Days" from Eureka Seven. Good for anytime I want to listen to something really, really wussy and Maroon 5 ain't cutting it.

[/color][/size]

[FONT="Arial"][U][url=http://ubu.artmob.ca/sound/komar_melamid/KomarMelamid_The-Most-UnwantedSong.mp3]THE MOST UNWANTED SONG.[/url][/U]

This is a song written specifically so that less than 200 people in the world would enjoy it. I must be one of those people, because this is absolutely too ridiculous to not like. I am in hysterics over here.

It's twenty five minutes long, but as soon as it's over I'm going to check out the "Most Wanted Song" and see which one I prefer.

EDIT - I couldn't stand more than three seconds of the Most Wanted. It reminded me of sitting in the allergist's office listening to their hella annoying jazz.[/FONT]

[QUOTE]One in particular came to mind, that Prem would love, done in the style of The Mars Volta: listen.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I'd **** myslef if I heard it lol. But my computer sucks magical monkey nuts, so I can't... wah! I should tell DB next time I talk to him, he might enjoy it.

Lately I've been jammin to my stuff, I've discovered a few new Chevelle songs on the CDs that I have, that are awesome. 'Emotional Drought,' and 'Midnight to Midnight' are pretty rad songs.[/COLOR][/size]

[quote name='Clurr][FONT="Arial"']EDIT - I couldn't stand more than three seconds of the Most Wanted. It reminded me of sitting in the allergist's office listening to their hella annoying jazz.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I give one "lol" to musak.

You know you can download the track free, right, [COLOR=DarkRed]Aber[/COLOR]?

[B]Edit:[/B] I think I'll start calling you Ricky. Richard doesn't work, and Rick is too close to an idiot.

Plus, you're still tiny. :p[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm listening to more of this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGF3D-oL30"][U]Kamelot - Solitaire[/U][/URL] I enjoy the music and I like the main singer for the group. The music video is kind of meh though. XP[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]Just don't call me Keebler, thats my other nickname, cause I'm short. >_> Anyways, I'll check it out and download it if my comp will let me. And btw, just cause I'm 14 doesn't mean I'm small. Physically yes :p but otherwise, not that tiny. I"ll be 18 in 3 years gosh darn it![/size][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]And btw, just cause I'm 14 doesn't mean I'm small. Physically yes :p but otherwise, not that tiny. I"ll be 18 in 3 years gosh darn it![/size'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Give or take the next few months 'til you hit fifteen....genius. :p

Back to Queen![/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Give or take the next few months 'til you hit fifteen....genius. :p

Back to Queen![/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]Didn't you think that maybe I had knowledge of that prior to posting? :p

Last night I tried to listen to Fully Alive by Flyleaf, but to no avail. I hate my coimputer and it's ISP sooo much.[/size][/COLOR]

I am listening ot the .Hack//Sign ost. Man this is by far my favorite anime ost. I lvoe every song but I really love Fake Wings.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6_scD9qRA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6_scD9qRA[/URL]

There's a link to the song. Really beautiful stuff.

I am planning on taking an epic side tour by listening to Rushes 2112 at some time today.