OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Sandy']It was agreed in this thread that James' post happened a day after the incident with the bomb (to give the characters time to recover, I guess), and Sakura's post started the events of the following morning (continued by you).[/QUOTE]Just because I can... :p That was on account of Sakura deleting her post and re-posting to better match what James did by skipping a day. Originally it was done as if Macey left the very next morning. The switching days happened later to help clear up the confusion, or did you forget? *poke*

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Sandy']Not that this matters anything, but I beg to differ.[/QUOTE]I really hate to do this but at this point I will. Sandy... *[B]THWACK[/B]* would you stop nitpicking so much? Honestly dear, at times you just grate on my nerves. If it does not matter anything then don't mention it. Yes the original day was the seventh, yes the day was switched to the eighth by Sakura deleting and reposting to better match what James indicated. But for the love of... could we all please [B]STOP[/B] correcting one another over minor technicalities such as which day it was?

Honestly, this is making me appreciate a format like Silver One where one isn't so anal over the times a whole lot more. And it's starting to turn me off on this rpg as well since I'm sick of seeing the tiny snipping over little details. The format here is rigid enough that it's stifling to a degree and we certainly don't need to add to it in this manner. And I do mean all of you. And since I'm now royally annoyed I'll save my post for later least I have Catherine run around spanking everyone for behaving like children.

Kathy-dear, I only replied to indifference to sort out the confusion about which day it was, there's no need to get annoyed over that. I agree that it was a minor technicality, so I thought it would be over and done with by making a simple timeline for the major events. The posts concerning the days that came after that were frankly speaking unnecessary *pokes Rach and Crystia back*.

But now I hope we're all on the same page, and we can continue from here. ;D

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*strings Sandy up by his toes* :D

You know I have to right? You annoyed my mom so I have to do something! [spoiler]I'm kidding though, that and it was too good a chance to pass up! The perfect opportunity to clobber you! ^_^[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I leave for five seconds to enjoy the real world and then there's drama. Drama up the wazoo. So MUCH drama that I think this has inspired another burst of sheer genius for the OB celebration.

Although now that Sandy's up by his toes, I think I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that Sandy was nitpicking waaaaaaaay before this little trip down Steampunk lane started. But I've come to accept that it's just the way Sandy rolls and trying to tell him to stop doing it is like trying to remove the stupid from Premonition.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][size=1]Just for clarities sake Josh, how well known is it that Daedalus is ill ? I know from your post at the party he had a coughing fit, which would probably trigger rumours, but nobody outside of those closest to him know the extent of it correct ?[/size][/QUOTE][size=1]I don't think his condition is widely known, even within the family. Nobody really knows what is wrong with Daedalus (save for Harriet, Macey, and possibly Alecia) but everyone knows that it's much more serious than he's letting on. If you've ever had a sick relative try to hide their condition from you then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Unfortunately it took the failed bombing in Rosengard for everyone to realize that something was up.

[strike]As for the timeline. The post with Gustave is what threw off the timeline. If you merely reword the post so that it takes place in the morning then everything would be much more clear. We are on late morning/early afternoon Day 7 from what I understand. James' and Sandy's posts are the only ones who contradict this. Really he should be nitpicking himself.[/strike]

Actually, I don't care about the timeline at this point.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]As for the timeline. The post with Gustave is what threw off the timeline. If you merely reword the post so that it takes place in the morning then everything would be much more clear. We are on late morning/early afternoon Day 7 from what I understand. James' and Sandy's posts are the only ones who contradict this. Really he should be nitpicking himself.[/size][/QUOTE]

*removes the strikethroughs*

That's really unfair to say, since when I posted, I actually thought it [I]was[/I] the morning of the 7th day - I even said so in this thread. Then James pointed out that it was the next night, and that's when I got confused.

But as I already said, the timeline I posted should clear everything up, and I hope everyone agrees with it to save us from further unnecessary complications. Do you guys honestly think I'm sorting out the days just for fun? XP

Although they are a minor issue, it's still important that all the characters are on the same day, or we'll have some [I]serious[/I] issues in the future.

But we should really wrap up this conversation and move onto the chimaera races. Maybe we can move on with the story eventually, as well. ;D

PS. Doesn't anyone really want to try to solve the riddle on the landmark?

[quote name='Sandy']*removes the strikethroughs*

That's really unfair to say, since when I posted, I actually thought it [I]was[/I] the morning of the 7th day - I even said so in this thread. Then James pointed out that it was the next night, and that's when I got confused.

But as I already said, the timeline I posted should clear everything up, and I hope everyone agrees with it to save us from further unnecessary complications. Do you guys honestly think I'm sorting out the days just for fun? XP

Although they are a minor issue, it's still important that all the characters are on the same day, or we'll have some [I]serious[/I] issues in the future.

But we should really wrap up this conversation and move onto the chimaera races. Maybe we can move on with the story eventually, as well. ;D

PS. Doesn't anyone really want to try to solve the riddle on the landmark?[/QUOTE][size=1]Well then I take issue with James' post, because it creates a phantom '7th Day' where none of the characters seemed to do anything but Gadget, Vincent and Gustave. Everyone seems to be on the same timeline but Vincent and Gadget. so I'd simply reword the Gustave posts so that you pick him up from the Aerodome in the morning of Day 7.

As for the Landmark, I know a couple of players are working on it. But it's going to be very difficult to solve without the next piece of the puzzle. Expect that up in a future post. But if anyone can solve it now, that's very impressive. I'm sure at least one of you has an idea of what the poem might be referring to.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I don't think his condition is widely known, even within the family. Nobody really knows what is wrong with Daedalus (save for Harriet, Macey, and possibly Alecia) but everyone knows that it's much more serious than he's letting on. If you've ever had a sick relative try to hide their condition from you then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Unfortunately it took the failed bombing in Rosengard for everyone to realize that something was up.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I suspected that was the case, but I just wanted to make absolutely sure. I imagine that Harriet may have let Alecia in on Daedalus' condition, probably working with her on the serum he's being administered, so that in the event she passes away before her husband, there's still someone around who can make it. Daedalus will be doing his best to try and hide the extent of it, but stress seems to cause it to worsen, and it seems his life is getting more and more stressful.

Hope this is OK with you too Beth.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']PS. Doesn't anyone really want to try to solve the riddle on the landmark?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea really, plus only Gadget and Vincent and Fonty have seen it so my character and I'm sure others, aren't even thinking about the clue. Plus it sounds like we need more to even know what it's referring to. I've been expecting more to come up really since the only one I would imagine has a clue is you and Shy. :p I have been thinking about it though, there just hasn't been an opportunity to actually insert it into a post. Alecia and Alexander don't even know it exists after all.[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Yeah, I suspected that was the case, but I just wanted to make absolutely sure. I imagine that Harriet may have let Alecia in on Daedalus' condition, probably working with her on the serum he's being administered, so that in the event she passes away before her husband, there's still someone around who can make it. Daedalus will be doing his best to try and hide the extent of it, but stress seems to cause it to worsen, and it seems his life is getting more and more stressful.

Hope this is OK with you too Beth.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Actually, I kind of figured that Alecia already knew, considering what you posted. Having someone else know how to make the medicine, especially someone who would not turn around and leak it to the press would be essential. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]This is just to clear things up. But the thing about Macey being released in the morning actually came from Raiha's own post.

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Macey Ellen Almagest was discharged from the hospital early in the morning, as early as she could browbeat the incompetent twit "treating" her to.[/i][/font][/color][/quote]

But yeah, Beth has a point that only some people have seen it, but other than that, I really have no clue about it personally.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Well then I take issue with James' post, because it creates a phantom '7th Day' where none of the characters seemed to do anything but Gadget, Vincent and Gustave. Everyone seems to be on the same timeline but Vincent and Gadget. so I'd simply reword the Gustave posts so that you pick him up from the Aerodome in the morning of Day 7.[/size][/QUOTE]That's really the heart of the problem. I guess the other characters were sitting around twitting their thumbs or something? :p

Anyway, in the end, day seven, day eight, who cares? Pick a day and that shall be it! Whichever number you like best Sandy! [quote name='Shy'][size=1]As for the Landmark, I know a couple of players are working on it. But it's going to be very difficult to solve without the next piece of the puzzle. Expect that up in a future post. But if anyone can solve it now, that's very impressive. [B]I'm sure at least one of you has an idea of what the poem might be referring to.[/B]

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Sure someone has an idea... you and Sandy! lol

Also Beth does make a very good point Sandy, none of the characters even know it exists, so even if we are speculating as to what it means, we have no reason to post about it at this time.

[quote name='Sandy;804073]PS. Doesn't anyone really want to try to solve the riddle on the landmark?[/QUOTE]As others have said, it would help if the other characters even knew about the riddle. [QUOTE=Shy'][size=1]As for the Landmark, I know a couple of players are working on it. [B]But it's going to be very difficult to solve without the next piece of the puzzle.[/B] Expect that up in a future post. But if anyone can solve it now, that's very impressive. I'm sure at least one of you has an idea of what the poem might be referring to.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]I had wondered about that actually, since other than one thing that seems a bit odd, and even that makes no sense as far as the rpg goes, I have absolutely no clue what the puzzle is referring to. Which had led to me thinking there had to be more to it.

Heh, since I knew what the riddle was about, I didn't realize it was so hard (for the record, I didn't make it). XD

But the thing is that riddle must be solved by [I]you guys[/I] first before the characters can solve it. You can't just post "Gadget (or whoever) solved the riddle on the note and they moved on", since it's a real challenge meant for the players. ;D

But enough blabbering about that, you'll get the next part of the landmark (which I thought was the answer, silly me...) when Shy sees the best to post it.

[quote name='Sandy']You can't just post "Gadget (or whoever) solved the riddle on the note and they moved on", since it's a real challenge meant for the players. ;D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh well, I'm all out of ideas then. ^_^'[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I know I'm late to the party, but here's my own understanding of the timeline:

Leonhart's wake (goes for most of the afternoon I'd imagine)
Gadget goes back to Vincent's place (early evening)
Gadget/Vincent fall asleep and wake up to news of the bomb situation at Rosengard (late evening)
Gadget/Vincent return to Rosengard and bomb goes off (later evening)
Gadget/Vincent go to pick up Gustave (late late evening)
Macey comes out of hospital (following morning)

It could be that my post was [i]after[/i] others, but I was posting about the previous night. So I didn't skip a day; I was still on the previous evening, just [i]very late[/i] that evening. I hope that makes sense. I've probably misunderstood something.

Also, just a quick note to Sandy: I know that you wanted an excuse for Gadget to explore the town, but I doubt that Vincent would dismiss Gadget as he did in that post. It's not a major issue and you don't need to change it, but it's a fairly fundamental mis-reading of Vincent as a character.[/font]

Lady Bavaria has some explaining to do... What with the report finding that the bomb was smuggled in [I]after[/I] she dismissed the security that Daedalus had arranged. Time to sit back and let him flay her alive I would say. :D And if you're wondering, I ran that by Shy before I posted it. I hope I got him right Gavin, let me know and I'll edit that if you wish. In the mean time, Fonty had better hope he's already gone with Alecia on her way to check on him.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Just to make sure we're all on the same bus...

I am thinking of having everyone attend the Achard Marquee at the Cup [i]tonight[/i] (given that it's now the following morning, subsequent to the bomb situation).

Would that be ok with everyone?

I've discussed it with Shy and this is our idea:

The Achard Marquee will be where the Almagests are invited. The marquee next to theirs will be for the Dynasts, who will be inviting the Deacons.

Again, anyone is free to go or avoid the event - entirely up to you guys.

There will be some drama at this cup, I believe. Shy has some great stuff planned and it'll be an opportunity for me to start revealing a bit more about my characters too.

My next post will take place during the day...and then my post after that will be in the evening, at the Cup. Is this okay with everyone?

Still gives you plenty of time to do what you need to do during the day.

People will know about this event because an invitation was sent to Rosengard, with the Achard family seal upon it.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Theoretically, Eva and Macey went early with Victoria Ann, if only to;

A: Give Eva a chance to inspect the Chimaeras
B: Give Victoria Ann a chance to tire herself out so she doesn't talk everyone to death when the guests of importance arrive

and
C: Give Macey a chance to clear her head.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Since the festivities go for days, that's totally cool.

I just wanted to put my plan out there now, in case there are any timeline issues in future. It will at least set the agenda for this day in the RPG.[/font]

If at all possible, have Morphia and Bavaria go to the little shindig. I promise I'll post something with Jack before the end of the week detailing his exploits infiltrating the underdogs. Cyriel's leaving the country soon, but I please don't write off her character. After super tuesday I should have some time (Barack's coming to my school and setting up shop during the event...joy.) to be more frequent

[quote name='Malkav']If at all possible, have Morphia and Bavaria go to the little shindig. I promise I'll post something with Jack before the end of the week detailing his exploits infiltrating the underdogs. Cyriel's leaving the country soon, but I please don't write off her character.[/QUOTE][size=1]Oh I have plans for Morphia, don't you worry!

I'll be writing about her adventures at the races in a future post. With Cyriel away and Muse disappearing it appears that I'll have to write about the actual race myself. That's fine, though, since things are about to get very interesting for the both of them.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I know I'm late to the party, but here's my own understanding of the timeline:

Leonhart's wake (goes for most of the afternoon I'd imagine)
Gadget goes back to Vincent's place (early evening)
Gadget/Vincent fall asleep and wake up to news of the bomb situation at Rosengard (late evening)
Gadget/Vincent return to Rosengard and bomb goes off (later evening)
Gadget/Vincent go to pick up Gustave (late late evening)
Macey comes out of hospital (following morning)[/font][/quote]

I kinda thought this as well, but then I figured that there was no way all that could happen in just one night. XD Especially since you wrote "night had just fallen" on the post with Gustave, when in fact Gadget and Vincent were looking at the nightly city from the balcony waaaay back in my post.

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Also, just a quick note to Sandy: I know that you wanted an excuse for Gadget to explore the town, but I doubt that Vincent would dismiss Gadget as he did in that post. It's not a major issue and you don't need to change it, but it's a fairly fundamental mis-reading of Vincent as a character.[/font][/QUOTE]

But he was on the phone doing his business, and Gadget was being airheaded! XD I thought Gadget just overreacted to Vincent's request of allowing him to finish up the phonecall. I imagined Vincent would be terrified to find out Gadget left, and would rush out to find him. ;D

I really thought Vincent was this work-a-holic type who was completely dedicated to his work after the divorce. How could a few shags with some twink (albeit a lovely twink) suddenly change that?

Besides, with all this mushiness, I need some drama for my character! XD

[font=franklin gothic medium]Er, yeah, my "night had just fallen" was probably wrong wording. But it did all indeed happen in the one night, haha.

In terms of Gadget/Vincent...I think the point I was making was that Vincent is obviously pretty smitten with Gadget; to the stage where at one moment he actually felt he was neglecting "the real world" because of his interest in him.

Still, it's all good. Things may be able to change radically anyway.[/font]