OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

Lol, I guess. Jeez I hate Almagests with their explosive violent tempers, always resorting to hurting someone than diplomacy (that someone being Jack, is it because [strike]he's black[/strike] a man?). They should be more like Deacons, such a swell bunch those Deacons. Anyways, expect a post from me in the next hour or so.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Malkav']Lol, I guess. Jeez I hate Almagests with their explosive violent tempers, always resorting to hurting someone than diplomacy (that someone being Jack, is it because [strike]he's black[/strike] a man?). They should be more like Deacons, such a swell bunch those Deacons. Anyways, expect a post from me in the next hour or so.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh sorry Malkav, Jack just happens to have the wrong person as a sister.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Several things wrong with you Malkav.

Well your post that is, things that are wrong about you would fill several books. Seriously. 1: Gravius is not about to be sucker punched by anyone. He's ex military, whereas you're just a bloody pirate. I thought you should know, so you can fix that.

Because when Gavin gets online again later he'll have a heart attack and then revive himself and kill you with his bare hands.

2: Jack isn't about to stay. Because Macey is going to disarm the bomb with her uncle, not you. Before you start crying about how you don't get to play with the high powered explosives, you can go kick your sister out of the house. Not that I'd be sad if Bavaria and me, and my uncle, and you went up in smoke, but that's rather much.

So you can either radically revamp your post, or I can kick your ass until you're wearing your buttocks as a hat. Go figure.[/FONT][/COLOR]

And I thought I was being the rude one here. XP

Give the poor guy a break, D'Ann - he couldn't have known about your plans.

And Malkav, I'd do what she says if I were you; even though D'Ann seems to despise Bavaria, the two of them have a lot in common. XD

Anyway, I finally posted. It wasn't as mature as I would've have wanted it to be, but everyone can imagine the events taking place after my post if they so wish. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']And Malkav, I'd do what she says if I were you; even though D'Ann seems to despise Bavaria, the two of them have a lot in common. XD[/QUOTE][size=1]Oh. My.

I think it's perfectly in character for a pirate to sucker punch someone, even ex-military. That's kind of what pirates do, you know?

Raiha, you've been especially combative towards Malkav as of late. There's no way he could have known about your plan because you didn't tell him about it. Simply work around his post, and be sure to use this thread to communicate in the future so that everyone can see your plans. Please try to be less... well, [i]angry[/i] with the other players. That goes for everyone. Get along or get booted out.

Save it for your posts, people. Great work so far.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Sandy']And I thought I was being the rude one here. XP

Give the poor guy a break, D'Ann - he couldn't have known about your plans.

And Malkav, I'd do what she says if I were you; even though D'Ann seems to despise Bavaria, the two of them have a lot in common. XD[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh hush you. He knows now.

Sure we have a lot in common. Attractive. No longer married. ......that list is getting shorter and shorter.[/FONT][/COLOR]

After this bomb business, Jack is gonna do some investigative work into the cause of it and who's behind it. I would like Henry to join him. How they come together, I do not know, but'll be fun considering what's just happened. So who's up for an adventure in New Czenoble?

[SIZE="1"]As much as I don't want to start an argument with anyone, Malkav, D'Ann expressed most of my concerns about your post, in a far more overt way granted, but that's what she does and I'll always love her for it.

I don't particularly have issue with you sucker punching Gravius, even if he's ex-special forces, he's an old man at this stage and mostly in a command role. The big thing is that Daedalus ordered Gravius to go and get his toolkit from his lab as quickly as he could, which means he wouldn't have been there for Jack to sucker punch.

About the bomb scene, well I'm no demolitions expert, but the way that you've had Daedalus go about disarming the bomb, literally ripping the side off it, doesn't really seem right to me. By the way Rach described it, this is a really complex looking bomb, likely with redundancies, including trip-wires on the inside, so just tearing the thing apart might set it off. Also, everyone from Rach's post is still down in the basement, so Daedalus isn't about to go risk his family's safety by going at the bomb in such a way.

I don't mind if you have Jack down there during the disarming of the bomb Malkav, but I would ask you edit your post to take account of what I've posted here.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]And speaking of plots and plans... I'd like to request that the bomb is not taken care of before I post. Gavin and I have discussed something that I will be doing first with Harrison that he will be tying into his post when he finally takes care of the bomb. My post won't go up until later tonight or early tomorrow though.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And to be clear I will not be disarming the bomb, Gavin will. But for my post to work best it's important that the bomb is still a threat. [/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, I've taken the liberty of moving things to the next morning (albeit very [i]early[/i] on the next morning).

Vincent will tell Gadget about the incidents of the prior night as they travel to Rosengard.

Also I've semi-introduced Gustave by way of a phone call. He is inviting any Almagests who want to go to the Chimaera Cup in a couple of days - so you guys can decide who wants to go and who doesn't. There will be a big marquee in a private area for the Achards and Almagests.

When Gustave lands at the Aerodrome, I will formally introduce him with a picture and everything.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Also I've semi-introduced Gustave by way of a phone call. He is inviting any Almagests who want to go to the Chimaera Cup in a couple of days - so you guys can decide who wants to go and who doesn't. There will be a big marquee in a private area for the Achards and Almagests.

When Gustave lands at the Aerodrome, I will formally introduce him with a picture and everything.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I think Macey will attend, if only to get herself out of a house inhabited by the loathed Lady Bavaria. And her sister Eva will attend, but quickly grow bored and wander off to go flirt.

But I think the others won't be as interested. Lady Catharine's never cared for the Chimaeras as I recall, and Uncle Daedalus is probably bored by such fripperies. Old fashioned goat that he is...

But I think Macey would ask Victoria Ann along, if only because I think the lass would like to be seen outside with the big girls.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Well I suppose with everything that's happening right now, people's minds will be more on their safety than a race.

Having said that, it might also be a good escape for some family members.

I still don't know much about what Chimaera can actually be though, so I've got to work that out a bit. Although I probably won't need to go into much detail there, because Gustave is an owner rather than a jockey.[/font]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Daedalus is probably bored by such fripperies. Old fashioned goat that he is...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeesh, harsh D. Daedalus probably will go though, if only to take Harrison and try to do some father/son bonding after neglecting him for so long. I can just imagine how often the poor old man is going to be mistaken for the boy's grandfather though...:animesigh[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"] I can just imagine how often the poor old man is going to be mistaken for the boy's grandfather though...:animesigh[/SIZE][/QUOTE]It's his fault for getting Harriet pregnant. And considering that she was getting on in years, it must have surprised the hell out of everyone at Rosengard. :p

Anyway, I'm working on that post I mentioned Gavin, it should be up in the next hour, so at that point you can sail in and finish up. Saving everyone [I]and[/I] Rosengard from Lady Bavaria's complete and utter stupidity. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Eva'll be there, especially since Chimaera are her thing. Not sure about the flirting, but she'll probably wander off to look at the Chimaeras and talk to jockeys or something.

Have been meaning to get a post in but kinda lacking in inspiration at the moment.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Anyway, I'm working on that post I mentioned Gavin, it should be up in the next hour, so at that point you can sail in and finish up. Saving everyone [I]and[/I] Rosengard from Lady Bavaria's complete and utter stupidity. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]While thrashing Harrison at the same time I would imagine. Heh. Anyway, Beth and I have not decided if Alecia and Alexander would attend the Chimaera Cup or not. After all, it's likely that both of them would be working, unless it's in the evening?

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']While thrashing Harrison at the same time I would imagine.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]As much as I want to say otherwise, Daedalus is probably going to give Harrison a smack across the back of the head for putting himself in danger. After all, who's going to inherit Magitech after Daedalus is gone ?

Just OOC Josh/Sandy, seeing are we're on the topic of Daedalus' offspring, what's the story with Dwalish and Jacob Mason ? Are their characters still around, or should we forget about them ?[/SIZE]

Well, I'd say that Dawlish and Jacob - as well as Nellie - are still in existance, but you don't need to feel obliged to drag them with your storyarch, since they have been seemingly abandoned by their players.

Let's just say that they all live outside Rosengard, and prefer to stick to themselves. ;D

[size=1]Since Jacob hasn't been mentioned in the RPG so far, I'm seriously considering just removing him from the character listing and family tree altogether. Nellie is busy with her work as a bodyguard for the Dynast Princess, but as for Dawlish... I dunno, I'll find a way to include him in Fauntleroy's Magitech stuff. It's a shame that all of Daedalus' children don't post very often.

I'd like to revamp the Cast of Characters for the coming day. This will mean removing several characters from the story (such as Jacob,) and replacing them with newer ones (such as Gustave.) I also want to give certain important NPCs their own posting avatars, like the Dynast Princess or Lector Moebius.

If anyone has any new characters they would like to introduce to the story, or maybe change their own posting avatar, please let us know in this thread.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]If not now, then at some nearing point, I'd like to switch Macey over from a black and white starkly dead image to something more full of life. Specifically red. So if anyone has pictures of pretty lady surrounded by red, or on a red matte background, let me know. But in the meantime, after some serious cropping, who thinks these might work?

And which to choose? It's so hard...[/FONT][/COLOR]