OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just let me know if I got Vincent off James. Also, I didn't have Jack stick around much since Alexander is still in uniform so it would have given the wrong impression that he was there on official Guard business. He wasn't of course, but Jack and Vincent wouldn't have known that and Alexander was to nervous over even speaking to Vincent to think to point that out. XP

[font=franklin gothic medium]Those posts were great, guys. No worries at all; they were a lot of fun to read. :catgirl:

In some ways I think Vincent would envy Jack to some extent. He does what he wants and has a lot of fun in life, without too much stress (other than the possibility of being arrested, haha). I'm sure Vincent often wishes he could throw off the shackles of the Guard for that kind of lifestyle.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Basically, the Underdogs (presumably) knew that Vincent's steam car would be travelling near the center of High Czenoble and they caused a major traffic jam, which allowed them to detonate an explosive right near his car.[/font][/QUOTE]The Underdogs? This rpg is moving so quickly that if it's been explained that they are the group that left the message during the party I missed it. Perhaps someone could bring me up to speed on that? Or will that be explained later?

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']The Underdogs? This rpg is moving so quickly that if it's been explained that they are the group that left the message during the party I missed it. Perhaps someone could bring me up to speed on that? Or will that be explained later?[/QUOTE][size=1]Some players were given information on portions of the story in advance, since it dirrectly impacted their characters. More information about the Underdogs will be revealed in the next Chronicle, which you should expect tomorrow or Monday.

I should also note that Aunt Harriet made her first formal appearance in my latest post. The idea is that she is terribly ill (we haven't specified the illness yet, feel free) and that it prevents her from taking a very active role within the family. Also, my post suggests that she and Lady Bavaria are friends of some sort. Drama!

Sorry about the confusion. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Some players were given information on portions of the story in advance, since it dirrectly impacted their characters. More information about the Underdogs will be revealed in the next Chronicle, which you should expect tomorrow or Monday.

Sorry about the confusion. :whoops:

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Thank you for clearing that up hun. Because I didn't recall a reference to The Underdogs. Now that I know that about others knowing, which makes sense, I'll just wait for the Chronicle. ;)

[size=1]Just a quick reminder that Lady Bavaria will not be present for the Almagests dinner. She has a most eventful meeting with the Dynasts, which will give us our first glimpse into how the royal family of Czenovia operates. Morphia and Jack are welcome (and expected) to attend, of course, but the others will be forced to eat in Rosengard and speculate on what changes Lady Bavaria's presence might bring.

[center][IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/Runaway511/almagest/gadgetgerrault2avatar.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Also it appears that Gadget/Gerrault had undergone a radical makeover. As a result the character's posting avatar has been changed, so please make sure to use the current one from now one. The cast of characters listing will reflect this as well.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I sent Sandy a PM about this, so hopefully it's all okay. I wasn't sure when to mention Gadget's updated appearance.

Again, hopefully this is acceptable - if I need to change anything please let me know.

I'm sure dinner with Lady Bavaria will be most interesting![/font] :catgirl:

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ah clever me, mentioning his change of wardrobe. Such seamless transitions. It's like we're soul mates James. Oh wait-

But seriously, this begs a serious question. Who could Macey possibly end up with now?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]*scratches post*

It sounded too confusing, lol.

Anyway, yeah, in my last post I'd indicated that Gadget and Vincent would be meeting up later that day. I just didn't specify when.

Hopefully that doesn't mess with things too much. If I need to modify anything I'd be happy to. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Goodness, I'm only gone for three days and all of you post like little mad things. lol Now first of all:[quote name='Gavin'][indent][size=1]"[b]Dad...[/b]"

"[b]Yes Harrison ?[/b]"

"[b]...Did...did you make him cry ?[/b]"

Daedalus couldn't suppress the laugh in time. Catherine gave him an admonishing glance. Harrison looked up with a small smile on his face.

"[b]No Harrison, I didn't.[/b]"[/size][/indent][/QUOTE]That is by far one of my favorite parts I've read since I was gone. Heh.

Also, I know all of you have already addressed this, but I have not since I was not here, but powers? Please tell me that this absurd idea as Sandy indicated is NOT going to progress further. Otherwise, I'll be blunt, I have no interest in going there at all or really seeing it as I agree that it would [I]water[/I] the story down to nothing really. Seriously, WTF?

Anyway, I have read all the posts, but I'm going to get some sleep and possibly re-read a few things before I insert myself back into the story. Powerless of course. Oh and did I mention that Gadget's transformation is rather amusing? Must have been some amazing chemicals pumped into him for that.

*pokes Sandy because someone needs to* :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Oh and did I mention that Gadget's transformation is rather amusing? Must have been some amazing chemicals pumped into him for that.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It's wondrous what a change of costume can do to a person. ;D

In all honesty, the previous picture just didn't fit what Gadget became in this game. I was aiming him to look underaged despite being 19 to get some sympathy for him from Macey, but at this point it didn't just seem necessary anymore.

But really, if you look at the faces of the old picture and the new one, they're quite alike, don't you think?

[quote name='Malkav']Does anyone else want to interact with Bavaria at Rosengard? I kinda wanted to post her leaving with Jack and Agron to return home. So let me know something before I post.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]If by [b]interact[/b] you mean [b]set her hair on fire[/b] or [b]stick pins in her dress hem[/b] then naturally. Otherwise I say get the bitch out before a servant accidentally spills tray of tea across her front.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I was going to have Lady Bavaria interact with Vincent at dinner, but I'm waiting for Sandy to post first. :catgirl: Heheh.

If the story moves on in the meantime though, it doesn't matter. There will be other Lady Bavaria sightings I'm sure![/font]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Just a quick reminder that [B]Lady Bavaria will not be present for the Almagests dinner[/B]. She has a most eventful meeting with the Dynasts, which will give us our first glimpse into how the royal family of Czenovia operates. [/size][/QUOTE]Uh, James, my understanding is that she will not be at Rosengard for dinner as you can see from Shy's post. I mean so many of the posts have her saying she will not be staying after all. It's part of why Beth and I had our characters go home, otherwise they would have stayed. So with you talking about having Vincent talk to her... does that mean he'll be having dinner at the Dynasts? Or has the fact that she won't be staying changed?

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry, I missed that. In my last post I referenced dinner, but that was a while ago now. Chronologically, I think her absence from dinner was mentioned after I actually wrote that part...so we'll just assume that Vincent doesn't know she won't be there.

So don't worry, false alarm. If there's no dinner with her then that will leave Vincent's night open.[/font]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I finally did it, I posted again! Sorry it took me so long, been busy, then all of today I was doing the reading of all the pages so I had a more detailed idea of what was going on so stuff didn't clash and all.

I wrote the post twice, the first one was really bad so I replaced it with the one posted. Just a note, not a good idea to make a post at 2 in the morning after having 3 hours of sleep the night before ><

I kinda made a hint that I want to talk to Macey eventually/soon/whatever.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Sorry about my lack of posting, but school has just gotten crazy busy, honestly I don't think I'll be able to make a post before the weekend, so I think I'll just give the rough plot of my next post and allow people to work with Daedalus from there.

Basically the meeting of the Magitech board I've spoken about is in response to the workers troubles/riots/strikes that are going on at the moment. Daedalus has been called to choose what action is to be taken, as part of his new found role as the company's chairman and CEO.

Daedalus himself is divided on the issue, if he deals harshly with the strikers, he risks inflaming the situation even worse, resulting in more attacks. However if he shows leniency, he's risking the stability of Magitech, but also showing weakness which others on the board from High Czenoble may try to capitalise on. He's aware his position is far from secure, and has to try and make the best decision he can looking at both long and short term implications.

In the end, Daedalus chooses to use force to disband the strike, mobilising the company's own highly trained militia forces with aid from the RPG. There are no casualties, but feelings on both sides become more terse than before. Daedalus also coughs up blood in the middle of watching the military action, and looks unsurprised, merely wiping it away and ensuring nobody has seen it. It seems something may be very wrong with the new patriarch health-wise. This is not something he will reveal for the time being, I just thought it something to mention.

Returning back, he hears of Bavaria's arrival and subsequent departure, and must now face both support and complaint from members of the family on his actions towards the strikers.[/size]

The sixth Chronicle is up, giving some details about the rebel organization called [B]the Underdogs[/B], as well as it's two leaders, [B]Blair and Donner Stark[/B], who were also added to the Dramatis Personae.

So hurry to the first post of this thread to get something new to read. ;D

[font=franklin gothic medium]Loved the new Chronicle, guys. This answers a few nagging questions I've had, which is good.

The RPG is taking some wonderful twists and turns...I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming days in the story. :catgirl: [/font]