OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to come across as though I were reprimanding you, haha.

I guess I just mean in general that most members of the family probably wouldn't have that much of a problem with Vincent - other than some awkwardness. It's more just a note about future posts, since I haven't really spoken to anyone other than Raiha, Shy and Sandy about it.

Plus I figure any additional info we can put in this thread will help. :catgirl:[/font]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I hope I haven't used Leonhart too much in my post. Also, Shy, I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your character in passing. Tell me if you have any problems with it, and I'll fix it right away.

Also, if anyone would like to have a brief conversation/meeting before returning to the main party, my character is sitting off in a side hall at the moment.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Sorry about the lateness of my post, I'm not sure when I'll have my PC back from repairs, so my activity is going to be pretty limited for the next few days. I'll try to keep up with what's going on and make a post where I can.[/SIZE]

[B]Darren[/B]: the use of telephones and telegraphs are okay, but be sure to use their old models, no cellphones or anything like that. ;P

I'm definitely loving to read what you guys have written in thus far, and I hope each player gets their chance to get a post in before the banquet's over. Keep it on! ;D

[quote name='Cyriel'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I hope I haven't used Leonhart too much in my post. Also, Shy, I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your character in passing. Tell me if you have any problems with it, and I'll fix it right away.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]No, not at all. Everyone should feel free to use Leonhart as much as they'd like during the party. Establishing your relationship with him would be beneficial for all characters, since he'll be playing a central role in the story. And mentioning my character was perfectly fine; I adore Morphia, so I 'll try to get them to interact before the party's through.

[b]James:[/b] In my last post I didn't mean to make it appear that anyone in the family was disrespecting you. Eva and Macey are probably very close, so I thought it was fitting that she held a bit of a grudge against Vincent. Obviously that's not the case with Beatriste, Leonhart and the rest since they seem to adore him. If anything was off with my post just let me know.

-Shy[/size]

[B]Note to all:[/B] I edited the family tree a bit by adding the family crest (a lion and a rose) and the pictures of a few more NPCs into it, as well as clarifying some of the lines between the characters. The edited picture can be viewed from the first page of the game thread, or directly [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/almagest-familytree.png][U]here[/U][/url].

[font=franklin gothic medium]It's all good guys. You're all doing a wonderful job, I am enjoying reading your posts. Please feel free to include my character wherever you like; after all, it's giving me some much needed direction, haha. :catgirl:

Everything's going well so far. I'm really keen to see where the story goes post-party.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]My goodness, I turn my back on your for a second and you get covered in champagne. Oh dear me. How tragic. Something must be done!

*cough*

But seriously, it stands to reason that Sakura's character will utterly loathe you with all the protective hatred that only a sibling can summon up. But seriously. I just realized that if anything does happen between our privateer and Macey Ellen, it'll technically be a non blood related Uncle with his niece. Which is about as creepy as things can get without us all being from some Louisianan swamp.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry that took so long for me to get a post in and seeing that there were some antics towards Vincent, that gave me the perfect opportunity for Catherine to step in a bit as her role as hostess and fix it. ;) That is what she would do after all, whether she liked Vincent or not. Though she holds no grudge towards him.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well I figured that Macey's more immediate, as in siblings, family would be upset by his presence, not Aunties or Nephews.

But either way well done, and gosh I'm so special.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote]But seriously, it stands to reason that Sakura's character will utterly loathe you with all the protective hatred that only a sibling can summon up. [/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]That's very true, I guess what I meant to do was point out that these feelings would probably be limited to certain immediate people around Macey. I just wasn't sure if other members would be aware of that or not.

Anyway, I am loving everything I'm reading so far. Catherine is so gracious! :catgirl:

I can see why she'd be a wonderful hostess. ~_^

I guess at this point in the story Vincent is changing his shirt. Macey could encounter him sooner, or he can encounter her later. I'll leave that up to you and I'll just follow your post.

I'm very interested to see where this whole dodgy gift thread will go... I suspect we're in for quite a mystery, heh.[/font]

[quote name='Sakura'][size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Sorry, Sandy, but I don't see the difference between the image you linked to and the original one unless I've seriously overlooked something O.o;;[/COLOR][/size][/QUOTE][size=1]The only major addition is the Almagest family crest, and the inclusion of more members of the Deacon bloodline. It's nothing too major, but expect more additions and revisions to the family tree as the story progresses.

We'll be wrapping up the party in the next few days, and move forward with the next part of the game. Those who haven't yet posted should try and do so soon.

[b]Sakura:[/b] Do you mind if I borrow your character while you are away? Fauntleroy is going to have a bit of an adventure in New Czenoble, and could use the company. Anyone else is welcome to attend; perhaps a stowaway young relative of sorts..?

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]And don't forget, Vincent is Assistant Commander of the RPG (ironic acronym, haha). If you ever need some muscle on your journies, he is certainly one of the people who can go along (whether on this journey or another).

Speaking of which, I also have to introduce him to Sandy's character at some stage. Preferably before he goes on a far away adventure.[/font] :catgirl:

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]I definitely understand that it's supposed to be a small edit on the image but I can't see a difference at all. Maybe it will help if someone describes where the Family Crest should be because I can't spot it if it is present.

And [B]Shy[/B], I don't mind if you borrow Eva at all, I'd be glad to have her do something while I'm absent.Which is also a reason why I wanted a post in before I left so that there's at least a small glimpse of how I want her portrayed.

I'll probably post in this thread right before I leave so you know when I've gone.[/COLOR]

[B]EDIT:[/B] I compared the link I clicked that [B]Sandy[/B] posted to the image [B]Shy[/B] posted on Page 8 of this thread and they are identical for me at least.[/size]

[quote name='Sakura'][size=1][B]EDIT:[/B] I compared the link I clicked that [B]Sandy[/B] posted to the image [B]Shy[/B] posted on Page 8 of this thread and they are identical for me at least.[/size][/QUOTE]Sounds like you need to clear out the info for your browser since until I did that, I couldn't see the difference either. If you have firefox, trying holding down the shift key while clicking on the reload or rather refresh button for your browser. The crest is in the lower left hand corner of the image.

[B]Sakura:[/B] it worked for me when I refreshed the image, but you should probably do as Rachmaninoff advised. ;D

[B]James:[/B] You'll have to wait until my character is introduced to the [I]game[/I], first. ;D It will happen the next day after the party.

And to general public, lo and behold! The fifth issue of [B]the Chronicle[/B] is up, recounting the details about the mighty Dynasty. The [B]Dramatis Personae[/B] has also been updated with the most important NPCs.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1][b]Sakura:[/b] Do you mind if I borrow your character while you are away? Fauntleroy is going to have a bit of an adventure in New Czenoble, and could use the company. Anyone else is welcome to attend; perhaps a stowaway young relative of sorts..?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Sound like something that Harrison would get mixed up in. :p Especially if it included sneaking into New Czenoble, well sneaking for him that is. lol Seriously though, feel free to have him be a stowaway since he's always looking for a reason to get out of his current classes. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']
[B]James:[/B] You'll have to wait until my character is introduced to the [I]game[/I], first. ;D It will happen the next day after the party.

And to general public, lo and behold! The fifth issue of [B]the Chronicle[/B] is up, recounting the details about the mighty Dynasty. The [B]Dramatis Personae[/B] has also been updated with the most important NPCs.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Ohh, I assumed he'd be at the party...but okay, I will wait for that.

I have no idea what my character will do after the party is over, so I'm pretty much going to wait to see what you and/or Shy posts on that (I assume there will be another Landmark or something?)[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Ohh, I assumed he'd be at the party...but okay, I will wait for that.

I have no idea what my character will do after the party is over, so I'm pretty much going to wait to see what you and/or Shy posts on that (I assume there will be another Landmark or something?)[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sure there is, I know this one for a fact, but I can't talk about it!

It's a secret!

* coquettish giggling*

After the party I suppose you could be attacked by hordes of camera wielding reporters dying to get your take on the preceding evening's party.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Without giving too much away, the next Landmark will contain a series of plot points for the players to interpret however they like. Some will be relatively vague, while others much more specific; in any case players are always welcome to ignore those directions and do their own thing. Expect it to come up within the next few days, but right now there is plenty of time left to explore the party.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Ohh, I assumed he'd be at the party...[/font][/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't believe factory workers get invitations to a high-end banquet such as this one. ;D

Besides, as my post hinted, Gadget is a bit [I]tied up[/I] with something at the moment...

But the next Landmark will give especially Vincent plenty of things to do, you'll see.

[B]Blayze:[/B] there's a wee bit problem with your post. Daedalus's wife Harriet has been dead for five years now. We decided to kill off most of the NPCs to avoid overcrowding the game with them. Sorry...

I know it took me forever to finally get around to posting. Almost 48 hours after I promised to post... It's not that I've been busy, but after I typed out that one post and I lost it, I've just not had the energy to try again.

But not to worry, Charles has arrived and is now free to interact with as anyone pleases.

And I figured that it was very much in Charles's character anyway to arrive late, so it's all okay there.