OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"]Lord, have I been out of the game for a while. But one intriguing RPG is enough to being me back, apparently XD

I have a quick question, though... is there any chance of creating a character who is the child of Anna Grimalkin? I know in the Auditions thread it says that you can make a character who's a very close family friend, and I figure the child of a woman who lived with the family counts, especially if said child was raised in Rosengard with the Almagest children.

Would that be do-able? I don't know, obviously, what relationships Anna could have had. It's just, all the Almagests ALREADY are confusing me to the point of no return, so I'd like to do something a bit different, y'know? I'd be more than happy to spend another few hours figuring it out, if need be.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Muse'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"]I have a quick question, though... is there any chance of creating a character who is the child of Anna Grimalkin? I know in the Auditions thread it says that you can make a character who's a very close family friend, and I figure the child of a woman who lived with the family counts, especially if said child was raised in Rosengard with the Almagest children.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]A child of Anna Grimalkin would be very do-able. I think inwardscream had created an adopted child of Anna's, but there's no reason she can't adopt in addition to having her own kid.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'm not sure about giving Leonhart a third wife, but I don't see a reason your character can't be a half-sibling of sorts. Leonhart Almagest is a larger than life character; I suspect he's got more than a few illegitimate children floating around...

As I have said before, some slight retooling may be neccessary in order to make everyone's character fit under the same general umbrella. [B]The existance of Darren's character in particular introduces a lot of NPCs that I'd simply rather not deal with.[/B] Hopefully we can adjust this somehow, but right now I'd rather players make the characters they want... we can sort out the bloodline later.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah... I guess I did go a little overboard, didn't I? Well, since I killed several of the characters that I inttoduced as NPCs, that brings my total up to 3. Still, since everyone else introduced a whopping total of 0, (Not including the implication of spouses, which were added later) I guess that makes me the winner... Or loser however you want to look at it.
Still, though... I went through and drew out the family tree thus far. (On the assumption that everyone were to be accepted) and it's really not that difficult... So maybe if after everyone was accepted, you could provide us with some visual aid.

The way I see it, Celcius had at least two children. One of them gave birth to Daedalus, Leonhart, and Catherine. The other gave birth to Dawlish. We already know that Daedalus fathered Harrison, and so far Catherine and Dawlish seem to be without children. Patrice and Leonhart had 5 kids! (In order of birth) Angelina, Zelgadis, Fauntleroy, Evangeline, and Macey... Bartholomew was born from a secret mistress, and so far, Bavaria has had no children... The two eldest of Leonhart's (Angelina and Zelgadis) had one child each. (Elizabeth and Alicia) Then they were both married to mine and Rach's Characters... And I wanted Charles to have kids, so I created Bertram and Pearl...

Okay, so it sounds confusing in writing, but it really isn't. Besides, Angelina, Bertram, and Pearl can be very minor characters... Or, they can be moderately important. (Depending on how everyone else uses them throughout the RP. After all, they are NPCs)

But I do understand Shy. If you and Sandy would like for me to cut them out of the RP, I will. (Reluctantly, but I will) But, I never had my question answered, was the whole fling between Charles and Meredyne okay?

Sheesh, Beth and Crystia, what's with all the objections? All I said was my own opinion, I'm not forcing anybody to be what they don't want to be...

It's fine by me if Gavin plays your father, Crystia, really.

At this point of the sign-ups, the best way to guarantee that you get into the game is to make your character stand out from the crowd. It would be really hard for me and Shy to choose who is in from all of you, but if there's too many similar characters, we might have to do that, unfortunately. :/

I would also like to add to [B]Muse[/B] that I personally don't see Dame Grimalkin marrying anyone since she's so dedicated to Leonhart and the Rosengard, so if you want to play as her child, you should be an illegitimate son/daughter of her and Leonhart Almagest. That would be the most suitable solution. ;D

And to [B]Darren[/B], your character's romance with Lady Artemis is totally okay, but we should make Elizabeth the daughter of Zelgadis (and sister to Alecia). Angelina could be his wife, but I resent the name since we already have an Evangeline in the family. So if you don't mind, me and Shy would fit you in the family tree that way. ;D

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']Sheesh, Beth and Crystia, what's with all the objections? All I said was my own opinion, I'm not forcing anybody to be what they don't want to be...

It's fine by me if Gavin plays your father, Crystia, really.[/QUOTE]Because that was honestly one of the silliest things I've ever heard you say. lol And no offense Sandy, but your opinion often means [I][U]I expect you to change it.[/U][/I] Besides, it wasn't heated so much as it was me pointing out why I see no reason to change it. And to be fair I was giving you good solid reasons as to [I]why[/I] I saw no reason to alter my character.

Also... considering that Beth was using the graphic from Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney... I got the impression she was poking you instead of an outright heated objection. Oh and it goes without saying... [spoiler]you need to be poked from time to time Sandy.[/spoiler] Though I just said it, didn't I? :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']It's great that you decided to sign in as a "brat", Crystia, but isn't you character a bit too young to be a son of Daedalus? I would see him as his [I]grand[/I]son, rather, if that's alright with you (and Gavin, of course).

Just trying to be consistent with the ages here, since it's not very believable that Daedalus would've become a father in the age of 53... ;D[/QUOTE]It seems that someone is not familiar with or rather has not done much in the way of genealogy work. Otherwise, you would not have made such a silly statement young man. ;) Which brings up the reason why I'm posting, did you or Shy want any assistance with making a reverse genealogy tree to keep track of all of the characters? It's something I am well acquainted with I assure you.

It would be a simple matter for me to make up a simplified chart for the both of you. Well it might be a few days with the holiday and all, but still it would probably help to cut down on the confusion to have such a chart for everyone once the rpg starts.

Thanks for the offer, Kathy, but I actually have made a chart of my own already. Despite how it might show, I know a thing or two about family trees as well. ;D

Honestly, I only know [I]one[/I] man who has had a child when he was over 50, so will you guys please stop calling me out for that? XP I never said it was unheard of, let alone impossible. Case closed, okay?

On another issue, upon closer inspection I have noticed that many of your character's pictures have some problems in them. Let me give you a rundown.
[indent][B]SunfallE:[/B] your picture may be a [I]bit[/I] too cropped to make it look like a portrait. Would you happen to have a full-body picture of that girl? You could also use [url=http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/talesoftheabyss/art-007.jpg][U]this one[/U][/url], I think she looks remarkably similar to your character.

[B]Raiha:[/B] as beautiful as your character's picture is, it [I]might[/I] be too blurry to make it look like a painting in frames. It's still passable, though, but would it be too much of a problem to find a clearer picture?

[B]Blayze:[/B] [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Final%20Fantasy/ff12-chara-basch.jpg][U]here[/U][/url]'s a better quality version of your character's picture. We'd rather use it instead of the one you posted, if that's alright.

[B]Andrew:[/B] I'm sorry, but Zelgadis simply cannot be a black-skinned person, since he was born to a white couple. Would you mind finding a more suitable picture for him, one that could be imagined as a painting?

[B]Muse:[/B] your character's picture isn't very portrait-like, either. Could you find something more aristocratic for Henry's portrait, please?[/indent]
These notions shouldn't be taken personally, I'm being nitpicky about the pictures for a reason, since I'm going to construct the family tree using the "framed painting"-versions of those pictures. So I'd be very grateful if people would follow these instructions.

Thanks in advance, guys!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well the point was for it to be a daguerreotype, read: ancient photograph from the old days etc etc etc. However, I do have a very sharp and sexy version of the picture as well.

I just had a friend run it through photoshop in the name of making it look ancient enough to pass for something printed in a Victorian Era paper. I'll go wake him up and get him to fix it in a few minutes.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']And to [B]Darren[/B], your character's romance with Lady Artemis is totally okay, but we should make Elizabeth the daughter of Zelgadis (and sister to Alecia). Angelina could be his wife, but I resent the name since we already have an Evangeline in the family. So if you don't mind, me and Shy would fit you in the family tree that way. ;D[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's perfectly fine... You could even change the name if you want... I'll play with my sign-up info accordingly, assuming that this is okay with Andrew...

[quote name='Andrew'][size=1]Picture's changed, as much as I resent it. I can see why you have an issue with the dark skin tone but meh, it's changed now.
[/size][/QUOTE]

I'd say it's an issue if one of the members of all-white family is black. XD Of course a black (or any other skin color) character would be very interesting addition to the family, but obviously two white people cannot produce a black heir, so he or she couldn't be related to them by blood.

Unfortunately, your new picture is just as "unportraitly" as the last one. I don't see how you can think of a musclebound oriental monk as a Victorian aristocrat... :/

And [B]Blayze[/B], we don't need a full-body picture, but your picture didn't lack in size but in quality - it was too pixelated. Hope I didn't confuse with my picture switch too much, heh. ;D

Finally, [B]Omega[/B], I would have to request you to change your character picture to something more Victorian and aristocratic as well, for reasons mentioned earlier.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Whoah, hold up there Gavin. I wasn't aware we were ever toying with that idea - or at least if we were then nobody told me!

I'm not opposed to the idea myself, I was just a little surprised there when I saw your post.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Whoah, hold up there Gavin. I wasn't aware we were ever toying with that idea - or at least if we were then nobody told me!

I'm not opposed to the idea myself, I was just a little surprised there when I saw your post.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, sorry, I just got talking with Josh about the whole Almagest family tree and it came up, I don't mind either way myself. I kind of get the feeling Daedalus could become the Fester of this Adam's Family.[/SIZE]

[size=1]
Alright, I changed my picture. And I like the new one better anyways, so win-win.

Another question, though. Are we going to get any more info on the occupations? More in-depth, I mean. Like a Chronicles addition or something like that. I realize (or I'm assuming) that a lot of the RPG's details are going to come from the players themselves, but... yeah XD Just curious. [/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']Honestly, I only know [I]one[/I] man who has had a child when he was over 50, so will you guys please stop calling me out for that? XP I never said it was unheard of, let alone impossible. Case closed, okay?

On another issue, upon closer inspection I have noticed that many of your character's pictures have some problems in them. Let me give you a rundown.
[indent][B]SunfallE:[/B] your picture may be a [I]bit[/I] too cropped to make it look like a portrait. Would you happen to have a full-body picture of that girl? You could also use [url=http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/talesoftheabyss/art-007.jpg][U]this one[/U][/url], I think she looks remarkably similar to your character.[/indent][/QUOTE]It's only because we love you Sandy. :p That and the Phoenix Wright picture was an indication that I wasn't serious. ^_~

Anyway... I just uploaded the full version of the picture I have. So you can simply resize it to whatever you want. Even though I like Tales of The Abyss, I'd rather not use one of the characters from that game.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I will have my sign-up posted this weekend.

I've been having trouble finding pictures of the appropriate standard, but I've collected a few and I just have to choose which one I want to use.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]*ahem* As ex wife, I kinda want to see my choices you know...

Before I make any serious COMMITMENT... But seriously, I wanna know what I'm getting into here.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Muse'][size=1]Alright, I changed my picture. And I like the new one better anyways, so win-win. [/size][/QUOTE]You're not the only one who likes it better. But then Guy from Tales of the Abyss is very adorable. Heh.

Anyway, since it seems that smaller pictures are turning out to be a problem I too have uploaded a better picture for you Sandy. :p It's no different other than I included some of what I cropped off in the first place.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Muse'][size=1]Another question, though. Are we going to get any more info on the occupations? More in-depth, I mean. Like a Chronicles addition or something like that. I realize (or I'm assuming) that a lot of the RPG's details are going to come from the players themselves, but... yeah XD Just curious. [/size][/QUOTE][size=1]If there's anything specific you'd like to know about your occupation (or anything else in the game) feel free to ask, but most of the information about your character's job, history, etc. will be coming from you. Having said that, certain parts of Czenovian life (such as Chiamera Creation or Airships) will probably require more detailed information written up about them later on.

While Sandy is working on a skeleton for the family tree, nothing is set in stone yet. We'll probably run a rough draft by the final cast once sign-ups are closed, but that won't be until at least after the weekend.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I figured I'd make it harder for you guys to decide when it comes to the final cut. And since there are quite a few, I left it open as to who is my character's mother. You can even make her into an orphan if you want. She's not quite as bratty as Crystia's character, though if I get accepted, she'll drive him nuts by playing tag along whenever he skips classes and such. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Sandy and/or Shy, I have two questions for you:
[LIST]Would it be beneficial to the story to have a greater difference in the age variance of the characters? If so, I was considering changing my character into a youngeer age, 13 or 14, but if it's unnecessary than I won't.
[/LIST]
[LIST]Does our portrait picture have to be conventional? Let's say the character is in aristocratic clothing, but happens to be sticking his [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/Lavihot.jpg"][B][I][tongue out.][/I][/B][/URL] Could I get away with saying it reflects his personality? ^_^; If not, I still have a great [B][I][URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/1172167188584.jpg"][back-up.][/URL][/I][/B]
[/LIST][/FONT]