OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Sorry about the lateness of my post, I'm not sure when I'll have my PC back from repairs, so my activity is going to be pretty limited for the next few days. I'll try to keep up with what's going on and make a post where I can.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well just so you know for tomorrow, when you...post... ...you're about to start waltzing with your niece, Ella Macey Almagest.

She's a very graceful dancer due to years of practice as well as a natural grace and instinct for rhythm. The goal is for the pair of us to have fun times while maintaining a sort of father, daughter relationship. Only not really.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Is Augustus physically or mentally disabled - or both? Also, I was wondering how Mideus Prosperous runs his kingdom exactly. Is he advised by a board or council of any sort, or is Agron Deacon his only close advisor? And do the three heirs play any role at the moment in running Czenovia?[/FONT]

[quote name='Cyriel'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Is Augustus physically or mentally disabled - or both? Also, I was wondering how Mideus Prosperous runs his kingdom exactly. Is he advised by a board or council of any sort, or is Agron Deacon his only close advisor? And do the three heirs play any role at the moment in running Czenovia?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Augustus' state isn't defined, if anyone wants to explore it be my guest. ;D His disability should be visible on the outside, however.

The Dynast King is a monarch, and rules as monarchs do with sovereignity, but of course he has a large amount of advisors and councelors who tip him off about what he should do - Agron Deacon being the closest one of them. But he alone makes the final decisions.

Like the Chronicle states, only the oldest of the three heirs, Primas, is involved in politics (perhaps too much for his own good), the other two could not care less, they just want power. They do attend important meetings, however, as you can read from the first post of the audition thread.

Hope you got your answers! ;D

[B][strike]SunfallE[/strike]Rachmaninoff:[/B] I believe that in your latest post you meant the health care of [i]New[/i] Czenoble, since I'm sure the wealthy families of High Czenoble get the best possible treatment. ;D I want to emphasize that even though these two cities are very near to each other in distance, they are totally different. The aristocrats of High Czenoble basically rule New Czenoble, since their factories employ most of the citizens there.

[quote name='Sandy'][B]SunfallE:[/B] I believe that in your latest post you meant the health care of [i]New[/i] Czenoble, since I'm sure the wealthy families of High Czenoble get the best possible treatment. ;D I want to emphasize that even though these two cities are very near to each other in distance, they are totally different. The aristocrats of High Czenoble basically rule New Czenoble, since their factories employ most of the citizens there.[/QUOTE][size=1]It was actually Rachmaninoff who posted, heh.[/size][quote=Rockmoneynoff]

[b]"So how have the two of you been? I understand you've been quite vocal with your views for health care in High Czenoble Alecia."[/b][/quote][size=1]
I interpreted this statement as Alecia Ann being unhappy with the large differences in treatment for citizens of the two cities. So while health care might be better in High Czenoble, it's still a broken system that needs reform.

Or maybe it was a typo. I don't know, I'm only playing devil's advocate. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well just so you know for tomorrow, when you...post... ...you're about to start waltzing with your niece, Ella Macey Almagest.

She's a very graceful dancer due to years of practice as well as a natural grace and instinct for rhythm. The goal is for the pair of us to have fun times while maintaining a sort of father, daughter relationship. Only not really.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sounds fun, it's a shame the only thing I'm worse at that ballroom dancing is actually writing it. Heh. :animeswea[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Sounds fun, it's a shame the only thing I'm worse at that ballroom dancing is actually writing it. Heh. :animeswea[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh tush. Just be sure to note that your character is quite clumsy and turn it into a little lesson with Macey as the teacher.

Or something.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy;799090][B][strike]SunfallE[/strike]Rachmaninoff:[/B] I believe that in your latest post you meant the health care of [i]New[/i] Czenoble, since I'm sure the wealthy families of High Czenoble get the best possible treatment. ;D I want to emphasize that even though these two cities are very near to each other in distance, they are totally different. The aristocrats of High Czenoble basically rule New Czenoble, since their factories employ most of the citizens there.[/QUOTE]As Shy already pointed out, it was me who posted. Also, the wording is correct, you're just taking the wrong direction with it. [quote name='Rachmaninoff'] Alecia did not want to get into the usual banter over their opposing views in regards to the [B']treatment the citizens of High Czenoble received.[/B][/quote]I discussed this with Beth and that's exactly how she meant it. Alecia objects to the better treatment they receive compared to less fortunate cities. My understanding from Beth is that she is going to expand on that as the story progresses so I was merely setting that up. To give an example, one idea she had is that the staff present to see to every whim or tiny ache the more wealthy might experience, is more staff than is truly needed and that some of them could be at work in New Czenoble where their services are more in demand.

The idea was that Leonhart is aware of how vocal she is about High Czenoble needing reform in the sense that they don't need so many highly qualified medical personnel just to take care of some rich kid who got a stomach ache from eating to many sweets. :p Both of us discussed this as well as concerns my own character has that both of us intend on expanding on as the rpg progresses.

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh tush. Just be sure to note that your character is quite clumsy and turn it into a little lesson with Macey as the teacher.

Or something.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Believe me, I can do clumsy, but I have a feeling that Daedalus' wife, despite his work habits has managed to polish him up a bit socially so he doesn't look completely out of place.

I think the amusement will come with her dancing with a man of his size, given he stands somewhere around the six and a half foot region and is built like a bull from the physicality of his work.

Just got word, I should have my PC back in the next few hours, so I'll make a post as soon as I can.[/SIZE]

Sorry, Rach, it really was my bad. X)

I read what you posted the wrong way, although the sentence [I]is[/I] quite open to different interpretations. But I see what you meant now, and I encourage you and Beth to follow your plans. ;D

Just don't expect [I]Leonhart[/I] to have heart for the poor citizens of New Czenoble... He seems to care only for his family's wealth and honor, although he does have a soft spot for young ladies. ;P

[size=1]Just a heads up to everyone that I'll be wrapping up the birthday party and moving onto the next chapter in the story [b]tomorrow[/b]. There is still plenty of time for players to post, though, so I encourage everyone to do that.

We still haven't seen a post from Jacob (Matt,) so I hope he makes it to the party before it's too late.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy']Sakura: Do you mind if I borrow your character while you are away? Fauntleroy is going to have a bit of an adventure in New Czenoble, and could use the company. Anyone else is welcome to attend; perhaps a stowaway young relative of sorts..?[/quote][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As it turns out, [b]Malkav[/b] and I are planning our own adventure of sorts as well. It could be quite exciting if they all bumped into each other in New Czenoble...although I haven't a clue as to why Fauntleroy would go there.

Looking forward to the new landmarks![/FONT]

[quote name='Cyriel'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As it turns out, [b]Malkav[/b] and I are planning our own adventure of sorts as well. It could be quite exciting if they all bumped into each other in New Czenoble...although I haven't a clue as to why Fauntleroy would go there.

Looking forward to the new landmarks![/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Meeting up with Jack and Morphia would be great. New Czenoble is such a different city than High Czenoble, it's going to be interesting to see how these charactesr view the place.

The next Landmark is up and the party is over. The plot should be heading forward pretty quickly from here on out, so look forward to that. There will be another Landmark soon, although I obviously can't tell you much more than that.

Great posts everyone. As always, put your questions and comments here!

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]This looks great - this new Landmark offers quite a few ways to go.

Speaking of which I'll have to think about what to do next. But if anyone wants my character to go with theirs, maybe just send me a PM.

I think you were saying I'd have the chance to join up with you and possibly meet Sandy's character at some point soon...I'm not sure what you have planned beyond that though.

So yeah, at this point I'm pretty open on where my character will go. [/font]

[quote name='Chikara Kokoro']Hmm... methinks that Nellie will be traveling with the Princess (would that be in New Czenoble or High Czenoble?). Anyone who wants to bump into either one of them (hopefully not literally) might be able to come along :D[/QUOTE][size=1]The alchemist kidnappings have only targeted prominent upper-class families so far, so Augustine will likely be in High Czenoble during these visits. Please feel free to elaborate on how exactly these crimes happened and who the victims are. Sandy and I obviously know who is committing these kidnappings, but that will be revealed later on.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Just a quick request Josh/Sandy, I'd like Daedalus' wife Harriet to be alive for the RPG. I wasn't actually aware she was dead until Crystia pointed it out to me in the family tree after I'd made my most recent post.

I know we're trying to trim down non-player characters, but I don't think there's really any need for her to be dead. She'd have no interaction beyond Daedalus and his children, and Blayze and I are the only two to have made reference to her so far. That and the idea both Almagest brothers lost their wives is just a little, I don't know, predicable.

I don't mind her dying/being killed at a later stage of the RPG which would give Daedalus something to do, but right now I don't see her need to be dead.[/SIZE]

I think your request is alright, Gavin, given the fact that she has already been referred to several times. I'll remove her year of death from the Family Tree when I update it the next time, but until then everyone can consider her alive.

I would just like that everyone would focus on interacting with player characters instead of making more NPCs. We have such a large cast already that finding companions in this game shouldn't be a problem. ;D

Just a short notice since I was expecting to be able to return quickly. However I most likely won't be available to make a post until this weekend. I had surgery on my left eye last week and though it went well, looking at a computer screen is still a bit tiring. I'll still read and keep up, I just won't be spending the extra time needed to actually put a post together.

[size=1]This is just a heads-up to let everyone know that I'll be out of town for about a week beginning Wednesday (two days from now) and that my internet access will be severely limited as a result. I expect to get another Almagest post up and running before I leave, and hopefully set my particular story in the right direction so that indifference, Aaryanna and Sakura can take care of things while I'm away.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I'm going home for the holidays as you might imagine, but unlike Shy, I have a laptop. Which I shall lug with all due dilligence etc etc with me to Northern California.

Where I'll spend most of my time working and being miserable. Go me. On the plus side, I'll still be able to post and stuff, just don't expect Proust.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just wanted to inform everyone that I'm not dead... I'll have my post up tomorrow... I have a pretty good idea, so I hope Shy and Sandy can wait a bit longer before posting the next part of the story...

EDIT: Okay, done. Sorry about the short length. I ran into a snag halfway through the post. If anybody wants to interact with Charles, feel free to do so, because my creativity is at an all-time low right now. It took me a few days just to come up with that post... *Sigh*

EDIT #2: Officially confused... I sent a message to Sandy asking if the riot and the explosion were at the same location... He said no, so Shy, could you clarify this with me? I thought the riot was at Magitch factories and the explosion was at Prometheo Labs... It wouldn't really make sense to be running experiments in a factory, so I just assumed... :p I'll edit my post accordingly as soon as I receive a response.

[quote name='Darren']EDIT #2: Officially confused... I sent a message to Sandy asking if the riot and the explosion were at the same location... He said no, so Shy, could you clarify this with me? I thought the riot was at Magitch factories and the explosion was at Prometheo Labs... It wouldn't really make sense to be running experiments in a factory, so I just assumed... :p I'll edit my post accordingly as soon as I receive a response.[/QUOTE][size=1]I made that a little confusing in my post, so I apologize. It's a much smaller explosion than the one that blew up Prometheo Labs, and my next post (starring Eva) will delve into who started it. I also edited my original post to try and clarify things.

I imagine this was especially confusing for indifference and Aaryanna, so sorry about that. My plan is for Fauntleroy, Harrison and Victoria is to try and get them out of New Czenoble as quickly as possible. Obviously with the fires at Prometheo Labs and Celcius Complex that is going to be difficult for them to do by steamcar, so they may have to make it by foot. Perhaps Jack and Morphia can get them out of town quickly, since they have access to their own airship. If anyone wants to pick up from where I left off, feel free, since my next post will feature Eva exclusively. Just make sure to coordinate with one another so that everyone isn't terribly confused.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]So should I have Daedalus take Catherine back to Rosengard or should I have him wait there for news about Leonhart ? I don't really mind either way. James, if you like, you could arrive in and answer some of Daedalus' questions about the incident, I imagine Rosier would send his right hand to deal with the situation.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I imagine this was especially confusing for indifference and Aaryanna, so sorry about that. My plan is for Fauntleroy, Harrison and Victoria is to try and get them out of New Czenoble as quickly as possible. Obviously with the fires at Prometheo Labs and Celcius Complex that is going to be difficult for them to do by steamcar, so they may have to make it by foot. [/size][/QUOTE]Not really, but it did have me wondering if there would be any more posts on the protests. Now that it's clear that there will be, Aaryanna and I have detailed something out so she will be following up on what I just posted. I hope you don't mind that we separated the group even more. [/COLOR]