OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[COLOR="Navy"]Sorry, I'm having a hard time catching up with all the posts and what has happened. The only main thing I've got is that Leonhart somehow died and the Prometheo Labs blew up too or something but not sure how. I hope to get it together soon so I'll post again ><;; [size=1](Or someone could fill me in ^^;;; )[/size]

Hope everyone had/has a good Christmas.[/COLOR]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[B]Sakura[/B]: there was an explosion at the Prometheo Laboratories (but the whole building collapsed), and Leonhart and Callisto Prometheo went missing. They are just presumed dead. Macey brought my character, Gadget, to safety from the laboratory.

There was also a riot outside the complex where the laboratory was situated, and another, smaller explosion on another building, but those things happening at the same time was no coincidence. Eva and Fauntleroy happened to be on the site when it happened, but they are back at Rosengard now.

Hope this helps! ;D

Note to self: Sleep Deprivation = Bad

I tried my best to stay awake while I posted that last one. I've been so busy I haven't had time, so I decided it was now or never. Unfortunately, the small naps I took in-between paragraphs will probably be responsible for a lot of confusion.

So, if there's any problems with post (such as moving it to night time/post-dinner already. Or introducing Jack in a way not agreeable with Malkav) just let me know and I would be glad to edit it when I'm more awake.

Sorry again.

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Sorry that I've still yet to post again, I've been pretty busy lately. Probably about next week I'll make a post because this week still has stuff going on. And thanks for filling me in, [B]Sandy[/B], it helped a lot and saves me time.

So it's confirmed that Leonhart's dead, is it? Or still just missing? Just wondering because of Shy's last post ending with something along the lines of [I]"Father's dead"[/I][/COLOR][/size]

[quote name='Sakura'][size=1][COLOR="Navy"]
So it's confirmed that Leonhart's dead, is it? Or still just missing? Just wondering because of Shy's last post ending with something along the lines of [I]"Father's dead"[/I][/COLOR][/size][/QUOTE]

Like I said in my nutshell-post, Leonhart is [I]presumed[/I] dead. But he is simply missing. You'll find out more about that once the plot moves on again.

I have to apologize for my recent lack of posting, as well. I'm on my Christmas break, but I've spent most of it at work. But now I finally have time to get back on track with this. ;D

I do have to say, that if there's any particular way any of you would like to take the main story of the game, please speak up in this thread so me and Shy can take your opinions into account.

I can imagine a slight power struggle between Bavaria and Dame Anna once Bavaria returns, seeing as she is the lady of the house. Also I can see a conflict between her and the children as well, who if I remember don't really like their stepmother.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I'd like to start a movement.

"Set the Lady's hair On Fire."

S.L.H.O.F. for short. It's another way to show displeasure with the woman who the real children of Leonheart detest. But seriously, I'll post tonight sometime. Tension between Jack and Macey should be interesting.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][b]Raiha:[/b] I'm confused about the timing of your latest post. Didn't Jack spend much of his evening with Meredyne, Charles and the others? Such lovemaking seems improper for a lady!

Either way, I reposted the 'Next day' portion of my last post after Raiha's so that it would fit in better with the timeline. It is officially morning, so please feel free to move on with your character's lives. If you thought yesterday was important you're in for some big surprises...

(Gavin, if you want to 'split' your post as well, for orders sake, that would be preferable.)

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1][b]Raiha:[/b] I'm confused about the timing of your latest post. Didn't Jack spend much of his evening with Meredyne, Charles and the others? Such lovemaking seems improper for a lady!

[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sure it's improper, but that's probably why she's doing it.

And as for the timing, Jack left off his post wandering the halls of Rosengard. Unless I've gone mad in the new year and lost my mind. That too is very much possible, but here's where I make a joke that only Shy will get.

Can't I time travel for this round?![/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]As a general rule, extended flashbacks are fine as long as they serve a purpose. I know a lot of RPGs aren't really concerned with continuity, but since we have so many characters and stories going on I'd like to keep things organized.

Happy New Year, everyone.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I get the feeling that things are going to get chaotic in High Czenoble. What with the increase in the patrols of the Royal Police Guard, the upcoming cat fights at Rosengard, etc. Should be fun! Oh and Happy New Year everyone! :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

Beth, I have to butt in and explain that the guys with the doghead logo don't kidnap [I]every[/I] alchemist in Czenovia, just very special ones that are involved with something specific (which will be revealed to all of you due time). So saying that every potionist has gone missing is a bit too much...

I'm not blaming you for anything, you couldn't have known our plans for the main story. It's totally alright for Alecia to get promoted, but if you could just downscale the amount of kidnappings, it would help to keep the game consistent. ;D

After all, if hundreds of people would have been kidnapped, there would have been plenty of eyewitnesses by now, wouldn't there? But as it is, the note with the doghead logo is the Police Guard's biggest clue now.

[quote name='Sandy']Beth, I have to butt in and explain that the guys with the doghead logo don't kidnap [I]every[/I] alchemist in Czenovia, just very special ones that are involved with something specific (which will be revealed to all of you due time). So saying that every potionist has gone missing is a bit too much...

I'm not blaming you for anything, you couldn't have known our plans for the main story. It's totally alright for Alecia to get promoted, but if you could just downscale the amount of kidnappings, it would help to keep the game consistent. ;D

After all, if hundreds of people would have been kidnapped, there would have been plenty of eyewitnesses by now, wouldn't there? But as it is, the note with the doghead logo is the Police Guard's biggest clue now.[/QUOTE]I'm going to butt in here, but Beth and I discussed this with Shy, and we aren't talking about hundreds of people, but maybe about half a dozen at most. >_> You need to pay attention, the only one's missing are the ones who were suppose to be on leave a detail that is in our posts, not [I]every single potionist[/I]. :animesigh

[B]EDIT: [/B]Here, just to point it out to you since you seem to have missed it.[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]She paused as she ran through her mind the number of people she knew of that were[B] suppose to be on leave[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Honestly Sandy, sometimes you are irritating with your nitpicking, did you really think we'd put something like that in there without clearing it first? :rolleyes:

You're irritating for taking everything I say as a personal insult towards you or Beth. ;D

I don't know, maybe it's because I don't speak English as my native language that I interpret things differently. This is what struck my eyes the most in Beth's post:

[quote][COLOR="Blue"][B]“Oh my… all of them are missing?” [/B]Just the thought was starting to make her feel sick.

The Director nodded sadly and sat back down. [B]“Yes, each and everyone of them, including our head researcher in potionism, Dr. Victor Rawlings, your mentor.”[/B][/COLOR][/quote]

I'm sorry if it's just another misinterpretation, but this sounded to me like all the leading potionists have gone missing. :/

Whatever the case is, me and Shy are trying to help everyone get into the complex main story without spoiling too much before things happen. That's why we [I]both[/I] need to give some directions occasionally, even though it can be irritating at times. But really, it's not just me. Shy maybe doing things differently, but we're both in charge of this game and it's flow, and of making it enjoyable to everyone. Which I hope it has been. ;D

Having two gamemasters brings it's own complications, but it would [I]really[/I] help if people would contact me along with Shy, so I would know these things too. Shy isn't exactly forwarding me his every PM, you know?

So if you want to clear something up privately, just enter both our names in the recipient field, okay? ;D Saves us all from great deal of trouble and misinterpretations in the future.

[quote name='Sandy']You're irritating for taking everything I say as a personal insult towards you or Beth. ;D

I don't know, maybe it's because I don't speak English as my native language that I interpret things differently. This is what struck my eyes the most in Beth's post:

I'm sorry if it's just another misinterpretation, but this sounded to me like all the leading potionists have gone missing. :/

So if you want to clear something up privately, just enter both our names in the recipient field, okay? ;D Saves us all from great deal of trouble and misinterpretations in the future.[/QUOTE]Then we're even since it seems that we're both irritating to one another and we'll leave it at that. :p Anyway, like I said you missed the detail that it was only those who were suppose to be on leave. XP Also, the discussions with Shy? It's usually direct contact via AIM and not pm's, so there wasn't anything to forward.

I'm giving you grief since I was under the impression that Shy would know the story well enough to okay something without me or Beth needing to also run to you as well for permission. That's my irritation here since we were all on AIM while Beth was posting it and Shy read it and said it was fine before he signed off.

So it was a misinterpretation on my part, and I apologize. Also, I couldn't have possibly known that Shy had already given his okay for the post, that's why I asked the players in general to notify both of us when possible.

Naturally AIM-conversations don't count. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']So it was a misinterpretation on my part, and I apologize. Also, I couldn't have possibly known that Shy had already given his okay for the post, that's why I asked the players in general to notify both of us when possible.

Naturally AIM-conversations don't count. ;D[/QUOTE]I know and I'm sorry, you're right you couldn't have known that he did. >_< Still I promise, we're not trying to mess with the story. And Beth says she'll be willing to edit her post slightly to make it more clear that she's only talking about a handful of people instead of a widespread epidemic of Potionists disappearing. ;) Also, we'll keep in mind to pm you about important things like that which are discussed via AIM so you'll know what we are up to.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]*dumps ice water on both Sandy and Rach* Just cause I can! :p

I can see how you would have gotten confused over that Sandy, and since I talked to Shy about it or rather I actually got the idea from him, I assumed you also knew about it. So it never occurred to me to pm you. It's your fault for never signing into AIM! *poke* I usually catch Shy online a couple of times a week so I just talk to him about stuff like that when I'm talking to him.

But in the interest of being less confusing I edited my post to clear things up. It's not a lot of people, only five and it's a combination of doctors and potionists from three different medical centers. Anyway, Shy mentioned that the top doctors and potionists in High Czenoble were in danger of going missing so I decided to weave that into my post.

It's what Nellie was talking about that she couldn't tell Alecia and Alexander when they ran into her at the gates to Rosengard. The thing that once she realized they didn't know she couldn't tell them since they'd find out soon enough. ^_~ [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I thought Sunfall's post was okay because even though a handful of alchemists are disappearing, there may be others who have gone into hiding for [i]fear of being kidnapped.[/i] Also, someone has to be responsible for these disappearances. It's likely that some of the kidnappers would disappear to avoid capture (ironically, the general public would assume that they have been kidnapped as well.)

So yeah, I understand eveyrone's concern but I think Sunfall's post still works within the context of the story. As long as we keep it established that only prominent alchemists are disappearing, and not everyone, it should be okay.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Unless anyone objects... [[SIZE="1"]gets her nerf bat ready to smack anyone who does[/SIZE]] my stance is that pretty much no one at CHAOS likes the new head master Lector Moebius. Victoria and Harrison, [SIZE="1"]I talked to Crystia about it[/SIZE], are, along with the other students, going to give the new head master a lot of grief. From talking back to pranks and making up jokes. [/FONT][/COLOR]