OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

I hope the next chapter doesn't move us past the wake since I wish to post Catherine's reaction to what Bavaria has done. I plan on doing that shortly actually. So I guess I'm saying I wish to get a post in before that happens.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And posted. Catherine is definitely not amused with what she perceives as behavior that is most unbecoming of a lady. Also:[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Well now, why don't we make it interesting and let Bavaria think she's "won" and actually inherited everything, including a large stake in Magitech only to reveal that Leonhart made no will and throw everything up in the air, inheritance wise. It would definitely make for an interesting set of scenes.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I think it would be more fun for her to think she got everything only to realize that his will didn't leave everything to her and evenly divided it up among his children and family. That would be supremely ironic and I think it would fit Leonhart's character better if he had a will. I can't imagine him not seeing to everyone and just think, wouldn't it frost her cookie so to speak to realize that Dame Anna and Henry were included in his will?

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a slight problem with the slew of posts that have cropped up between yesterday and today. That problem manifests itself in how Bavaria's siblings sit idly by as their sister is insulted. I simply have a hard time believing they would just watch. No matter how wrong she was, they're not going to let her get spat at and 'watch apathetically' or simply do nothing. I'm sure that you put alot of effort into your posts and for the most part they're good, however I can't suspend my disbelief that far.

I may come off as rude, but I mean no offense. I'm also not asking for an edit, but rather in the future to be more thoughtful of the fact that there is a flip side to the coin and she does have people on her side. I didnt expect the dinner to be done before I had a chance to post, but I will be posting in the next few days. Can Jack give Henry a proper thrashing?

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well you can hardly expect people to stand by idly and be insulted in their own house. Although Macey and Eva both waited until Lady Bavaria wasn't surrounded by people and those to hurl their insults from where it wouldn't be obvious. That and Macey restrained Alecia from pounding Lady Bavaria into a bloody shrieking pulp.

So in short, your point makes a certain amount of sense, but if Jack can't see the problems with Lady Bavaria's behavior, he should prepare himself to receive the same amount of loathing and scorn.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Malkav']I have a slight problem with the slew of posts that have cropped up between yesterday and today. That problem manifests itself in how Bavaria's siblings sit idly by as their sister is insulted. I simply have a hard time believing they would just watch. No matter how wrong she was, they're not going to let her get spat at and 'watch apathetically' or simply do nothing. I'm sure that you put alot of effort into your posts and for the most part they're good, however I can't suspend my disbelief that far.

I may come off as rude, but I mean no offense. I'm also not asking for an edit, but rather in the future to be more thoughtful of the fact that there is a flip side to the coin and she does have people on her side. I didnt expect the dinner to be done before I had a chance to post, but I will be posting in the next few days. Can Jack give Henry a proper thrashing?[/QUOTE]I'm afraid you are out of luck hun. In my post Bavaria and Catherine were alone, so naturally her siblings said nothing because they were not there. If they were I would have indicated as such, but Raiha indicated that Macey and Eva were talking to her alone hence my post was only the two of them.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Malkav']I have a slight problem with the slew of posts that have cropped up between yesterday and today. That problem manifests itself in how Bavaria's siblings sit idly by as their sister is insulted. I simply have a hard time believing they would just watch. No matter how wrong she was, they're not going to let her get spat at and 'watch apathetically' or simply do nothing. I'm sure that you put alot of effort into your posts and for the most part they're good, however I can't suspend my disbelief that far.

I may come off as rude, but I mean no offense. I'm also not asking for an edit, but rather in the future to be more thoughtful of the fact that there is a flip side to the coin and she does have people on her side. I didnt expect the dinner to be done before I had a chance to post, but I will be posting in the next few days. Can Jack give Henry a proper thrashing?[/QUOTE]Hmmm... and here I was under the impression that people were shocked at Alecia's outburst and the fight in general instead of idly standing by. Before we worry about it, how about you all wait and see what I do with my post with Harrison, Victoria Ann, Daedalus, Bavaria, Jack and Morphia. It's going to get ugly since obviously by the time they get back to Rosengard I would think that Bavaria's siblings would be furious over what Alecia just did. In fact I'm planning on portraying it in that respect. I'm actually working on that post right now and I expect to have it up later tonight.
[B]
EDIT:[/B] And it's up, if anyone wants me to tweak it I will, other than Bavaria getting kicked in the shins, that was Aaryanna's idea so if you want it out, you'll have to convince her that it should go since she knows how her character would respond better than I would.

Also, I tried to tie things in a bit so Morphia and Jack weren't being passive but rather simply restrained.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Malkav']Can Jack give Henry a proper thrashing?[/QUOTE]

[size=1]He can try. In the emotional state Henry is in now, don't expect him to take anything from ANY member of Jack's family without a fight, verbal or physical.

And, actually, I think some sort of a fight WOULD be a good idea, since Henry has, in all honesty, [i]no[/i] idea what this is all about. Poor naive boy. So that would be a good chance to find out, I reckon.[/size]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Hmmm... and here I was under the impression that people were shocked at Alecia's outburst and the fight in general instead of idly standing by.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]This is the approach Beth and I were taking when we discussed the post while I was actually writing it up. It seems more than reasonable to me that someone who isn't known for publicly losing her temper would startle those around her when she did. Obviously it would wear off within a very short time, but it wasn't an intentional slight or an attempt to imply that Bavaria's siblings would do nothing. They were smug in their belief that Bavaria was right so it's only natural to be surprised when contradicted so forcefully since I would imagine they were not expecting it at all.

On the opposite flip here, I find it hard to believe that they would never be surprised and would instantly defend Bavaria, I would imagine that even Jack and Morphia aren't instantly on top of things as far as responding goes, they are human after all. I've been seeing that in their posts which is why I had them, like everyone else:[I] [B]Alecia snapped,[/B] [B][U]causing the people who were gathering to pull back a bit[/U][/B]. [/I] Be surprised by the outburst. It wasn't a lack of defense it was suppose to indicate surprise over her behavior.

Anyway, Crystia tied that into her post and since no edit was requested, I figure it's done and over with. That and there's nothing stopping either one of you posting about their reactions to everything else, which could include them defending Bavaria to others.

[SIZE="1"]Crystia, if you want in your next post, Daedalus will want to speak to Harrison about maybe a bit of extra personal tutelage in his subjects under him. Given Daedalus' condition, this is both an attempt to reach out to his son and to make up for what he sees as Moebius' sub-standard instruction. You can note his skin looks a bit paler if you like, and maybe ask if he's OK, he'll just shrug it off saying he's fine.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]And here I've set up a plot point with Crystia, Sakura, Beth, and me. The ladies of varying generations are locked up in Leonhart's library where it's nice and safe and there's no Bavaria. The idiot woman forgot to sneak her husband's keys out of his bedroom and make copies.

Unlike Macey and Eva.

But now that they're there, the plan is for Alecia and Macey and Eva to work together and be interrupted by Victoria Ann, guided there by the servants.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I look forward to it, Sandy. I think there are a lot of options - it can be romantic more than x-rated, haha.

Anyway, once you've posted I will be free to post again. There's lots for me to go on with! Gustave is still waiting in the wings, haha. :catgirl: [/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']Anyway, I will post about Gadget's time at Vincent's place soon. I'll try to steer away from X-rated stuff... ;P[/QUOTE]*laughs at the idea of x-rated material in a thread that Kathy is a part of* :laugh: Seriously, that would be like doing so for my own mom, in other words, hell would freeze over first. Heh.

Anyway, I'm curious as to whether or not Dame Anna and Henry really are moving their things to Alecia's and Alexander's place since I can't see Bavaria backing down even to Daedalus. And I would imagine she'll give orders to never allow Alecia or Alexander in Rosengard as well. Though she wouldn't be able to stop Alexander if he was on official RPG business. :p Still knowing how that plays out will make a difference as to how Harrison behaves in the upcoming days. So if you could clarify that for me I'd appreciate it.[/COLOR]

Dame Grimalkin and Henry are leaving Rosengard for sure. Bavaria is the head of the house now, so it's her call.

And no matter how Bavaria handled the situation, Dame Grimalkin [I]was[/I] Leonhart's mistress and Henry their illegitimate child. So it's understandable why Bavaria wants them out.

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]*laughs at the idea of x-rated material in a thread that Kathy is a part of* :laugh: Seriously, that would be like doing so for my own mom, in other words, hell would freeze over first. Heh.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]And that my dear, makes three. :catgirl:

Anyway, I wasn't really planning on posting again until the next day, Catherine has essentially retired to her rooms for the day. She's too saddened by the events to even consider going down again. She's of the opinion that Leonhart would not have approved at all and won't openly support Bavaria's decision to toss Dame Anna and Henry out.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Poor Fonty. Is there a potionist in the house?

Also, if Sandy could just post I'd love to move on to the next day. I have the 'Wanted' poster ready and everything!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I think if he could 'just post' we would've been in the next month already.

But seriously folks, the only two accomplished potionists in Rosengard right now are hip deep in ancient tomes and studying alchemical theories up the wazoo. I wouldn't be surprised if they're covered in chalk, ink, and dust from half a century ago. But odds are a clever servant will figure it all out and drag your corpse to them.

And DEAR GOD I can't imagine Macey staying in such a house for much longer. Or I can really, but the idea of Jack and Macey in the same place strikes me as a relatively dangerous thing. After all, it's her fault he now has congestive heart failure. But on the other hand, Eva and Macey would stay. If only to make the Deacons wish they had never come.

The servants would rather spit than help them, as their loyalties seem to run towards Daedalus, and other 'real' Almagests.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]Poor Fonty. Is there a potionist in the house?

Also, if Sandy could just post I'd love to move on to the next day. I have the 'Wanted' poster ready and everything!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Is the potionist even going to be alive to help Fonty? :p I mean it sounds like everyone is going to be in a lot of trouble if someone doesn't do something and quick. *wonders what the words on the scrap of paper are for*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Just to let everyone know, there is no [i]set plan[/i] for Fonty/The bomb/The Starks. Anyone and everyone should feel free to step forward and do whatever they want with it. All I ask is that the two criminals manage to evade capture today.

After all, the alternative is Rosengard going up in flames, and nobody wants that (save for maybe Lady Bavaria. You know how she is...)

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]After all, the alternative is Rosengard going up in flames, and nobody wants that (save for maybe Lady Bavaria. You know how she is...)

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Am I sensing that somewhere between posts there's '24' style countdown timer old friend ?

Maybe the loyal Almagests can use this situation to our advantage... you know, if we find and disable the bomb, we could claim it's likely it was intended to target her and the guests she invited for the "wake". I rather imagine compromising the security of some of Czenovia's most valuable citizens might not be such a good reflection on the new "head" of the family.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Am I sensing that somewhere between posts there's '24' style countdown timer old friend ?

Maybe the loyal Almagests can use this situation to our advantage... you know, if we find and disable the bomb, we could claim it's likely it was intended to target her and the guests she invited for the "wake". I rather imagine compromising the security of some of Czenovia's most valuable citizens might not be such a good reflection on the new "head" of the family.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Well I'm currently working on a post regarding this situation, do you want me to have Alexander order one of the servants to fetch your character since he is the head of the household on some level? Then you could lead into that with how he responds.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well I'm currently working on a post regarding this situation, do you want me to have Alexander order one of the servants to fetch your character since he is the head of the household on some level? Then you could lead into that with how he responds.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I'd appreciate that Rach.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy;803239]Excuse me for having a life to live. XP[/QUOTE]No. :D[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"']Yeah, I'd appreciate that Rach.[/SIZE][/quote]And done... that post took forever since I kept finding typos. XP Anyway what with the chaos of Alexander ordering the servants to get everyone out of Rosengard, I'm sure Daedalus is going to be wondering what the hell is going on for him to have done something like that.

I'm also going on the basis that Daedalus would know that Alexander would never do something like that if he didn't have a good reason. That and that it's standard Guard procedure to evacuate everyone in a situation like that. He would not wait for Daedalus to arrive to order that.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I'm also going on the basis that Daedalus would know that Alexander would never do something like that if he didn't have a good reason. That and that it's standard Guard procedure to evacuate everyone in a situation like that. He would not wait for Daedalus to arrive to order that.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, given his close links with the RPG, by the time Daedalus gets the message he'll already have a fairly good idea of what's going on. [strike]Hopefully the Deacons won't make themselves a pain in the ass and evacuate as their asked.[/strike] Guess this no longer applies, sorry Malkav.

[b][Edit][/b] Alright, I intended for Daedalus to actually meet up with Alexander by the end of my post, but it ran on a bit and I thought it would probably be better to let other characters give their reactions first. [/SIZE]